The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PDC 2012 Pro Tour

Go down

PDC 2012 Pro Tour  Empty PDC 2012 Pro Tour

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Jan - 7:38:55

Pipe Claims First Blood In 2012
28 Jan 2012
JUSTIN PIPE won the opening Players Championship of 2012 with a 6-0 whitewash of Paul Nicholson in Saturday's Spanish Darts Trophy final in Benidorm.

Pipe continued the form which saw him reach six of the last ten Players Championship finals in 2011 by claiming his fourth ranking title and a £6,000 prize at the Melia Hotel.

The 40-year-old from Taunton showed strong form throughout the event as he picked up seven victories, having begun the day by seeing off Eduardo Sales Lopes, Michael Barnard and Michael Smith.

He then defeated Mark Webster 6-4, saw off Shaun Griffiths 6-2 in the quarter-finals and Ian White 6-4 in the semis, but saved his most convincing display for the decider.

Having hit a 180 in the final's opening leg, Pipe also took the next two to lead 3-0 before finishing 81 in two darts for a four-leg advantage.

Nicholson missed two darts at double 18 in the fifth as Pipe hit a tricky tops with his third dart to move a leg away from the win, which he sealed by following a 180 with an improvised 26 finish of double six and double seven.

"It's a brilliant way to start the year," said Pipe. "Paul's always a tough opponent so I'm delighted to have won the final, and it wasn't as easy as the scoreline might suggest.

"I couldn't have asked for anything else today and it's fantastic to have carried my form from the latter part of last year into 2012.

"It was my first competition using my new Cosmo Darts set-up of barrels, flights and stems, so it´s a further boost to do so well with them."

He added: "I´d like to dedicate the win to my wife Claire - it´s her birthday on Sunday so this will help to buy her a nice present!"

Nicholson, meanwhile, picked up £3,000 as he enjoyed a run to the final, which included a high-quality 6-2 victory over Magnus Caris in the semis.

He also overcame Co Stompe, Steve Beaton and Mark Walsh in his run on the day in a strong start to the year.

White hit the first nine-dart finish of 2012 during his run to the semis, and receives a £2,000 bonus for the feat, which he hit during a first round victory over Mark Hylton.

The Stoke ace also whitewashed Matt Clark, defeated newcomer Keith Stephen and Terry Jenkins 6-5 and came from 2-0 down to see off Darren Whittingham 6-2 in the quarter-finals.

Sweden's Caris reached his maiden PDC ProTour semi-final, picking up wins over Richie Burnett, Dave Smith, Arron Monk, Darren Webster and Wes Newton in picking up £2,000 prize money.

Whittingham followed up his success in winning a Tour Card on the first day of Qualifying School with his best-ever finish on the PDC ProTour as he saw off three-time World Champion John Part, Dutch youngsters Toon Greebe and Jerry Hendriks and Steve Brown on the day.

Manchester youngster Shaun Griffiths joined Whittingham in the last eight, seeing off Dave Chisnall, Belgian Kurt Van De Rijck Colin Lloyd and Adrian Gray, while the ever-consistent Wes Newton and Mark Walsh also reached the quarters.

Norfolk's Darren Webster made a successful return to the PDC circuit by reaching the Last 16 alongside another of last weekend's Tour Card winners, Sussex's Adrian Gray.

There would be no fairytale debuts on the PDC ProTour for Ted Hankey, Dean Winstanley and Tony West, who all failed to reach the Last 64.

Hankey was knocked out in the preliminary round by Matthew Edgar, who hit back from 4-2 down to win 6-4, while Winstanley lost to Kim Hubrechts in round one and West was defeated by Andy Smith.

Both Co Stompe and Michael Smith went close to sharing the nine-dart finish bonus with White, but missed double 12 for perfect legs during the tournament in games against James Hubbard and Justin Pipe respectively.

Spanish Darts Trophy Players Championship (PC1, Saturday)
Preliminary Round
Jose Garcia Ruiz 6-1 Christof Leurs
Nick Fullwell 6-3 Martin Marti
John Bowles 6-0 Jose Luis Torres
Matthew Edgar 6-4 Ted Hankey
Roland Scholten 6-3 Christian Kallinger
Jesus Noguera 6-1 Jesus Gonzalez
Sam Hill 6-4 Eric Basullas
Chris Thompson 6-1 Dennis Smith
William O'Connor 6-2 Boris Krcmar
Devon Petersen 6-4 Paul Rowley
Rudy Van Der Zande 6-2 Justin Broton
Alex Roy 6-0 Jose Antonio Alvarez
Peter Manley 6-2 Mark Stephenson
Darren Webster 6-3 Steve Hine
Michael Mansell 6-0 Darren Johnson
Kirk Shepherd 6-1 Peter Hudson
Gino Vos 6-2 Dylan Duo
Dean Winstanley 6-2 Paul Barham
Kim Huybrechts 6-0 Simon Craven

First Round
Justin Pipe (1) 6-1 Eduardo Sales Lopez
Michael Barnard 6-2 Barrie Bates
Michael Smith (32) 6-0 Dyson Parody
Jose Garcia Ruiz 6-4 Steve Grubb
Mark Webster (16) 6-3 Joe Murnan
Prakash Jiwa 6-1 Chris Mason
Denis Ovens (17) 6-0 Jose Luis Rodriguez
Nick Fullwell 6-4 John Bowles
Shaun Griffiths 6-4 Dave Chisnall (Cool
Kurt Van De Rijck 6-5 Chris Aubrey
Colin Lloyd (25) 6-4 Antonio Alcinas
Matthew Edgar 6-2 Ross Smith
Adrian Gray 6-2 Simon Whitlock (9)
Mick Todd 6-3 Brian Woods
Alan Tabern (24) 6-3 Stefanie Luck
Steve Evans 6-4 Roland Scholten
Vincent van der Voort (5) 6-3 Steve Maish
Julio Barbero 6-1 Manolo Vilerio
Terry Jenkins (28) 6-0 Jesus Sanchez
Jesus Noguera 6-0 Jon Archer
Colin Osborne (12) 6-1 Mareno Michels
Keith Stephen 6-0 Oleg Schuwalow
Ian White 6-4 Mark Hylton (21) - Ian White hits nine-dart finish
Matt Clark 6-1 Sam Hill
John Part (4) 6-1 Carlos Rodriguez
Darren Whittingham 6-2 Toon Greebe
Jerry Hendriks 6-5 Michael van Gerwen (29)
Chris Thompson 6-1 Ignacio Basullas
Steve Brown (13) 6-0 Armando Jesus Frias
Jose Antonio Justicia 6-0 Guillermo Corella
Andy Smith (20) 6-4 Tony West
William O'Connor 6-2 Jacinto Nieto
Wes Newton (2) 6-0 David Jiminez
Antonio Jiminez 6-0 Manuel Fernandez Josende
John Henderson (31) 6-4 Jose de Sousa
Kevin McDine 6-5 Devon Petersen
James Wade (15) 6-3 Terry Temple
Jelle Klaasen 6-0 Abel Alvarez
Kevin Painter (18) 6-2 Adam Smith-Neale
Alex Roy 6-0 Rudy van der Zande
Mervyn King (7) 6-2 Jyhan Artut
Arron Monk 6-1 Tomas Cristobal
Magnus Caris 6-3 Richie Burnett (26)
Dave Smith 6-2 Peter Manley
Jamie Caven (10) 6-5 Sergio Garcia
Javier Caurel 6-2 Rafael Leon
Wayne Jones (23) 6-1 Stefan Schaffer
Darren Webster 6-0 Michael Kraemer
Ronnie Baxter (6) 6-5 James Richardson
Mark Dudbridge 6-5 Bernd Roith
Raymond van Barneveld (27) 6-0 Juan Carlos Albaldejo
Michael Mansell 6-4 Diego Rufo
Mark Walsh (11) 6-4 Mensur Suljovic
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Nigel Heydon
Scott Rand (22) 6-2 Reece Robinson
Joe Cullen 6-4 Kirk Shepherd
Paul Nicholson (3) 6-1 Jairo Galcera
Toni Munoz 6-2 Simon Barker-Davies
Co Stompe (30) 6-3 Carlos Jiminez
James Hubbard 6-4 Gino Vos
Peter Wright (14) 6-2 Kevin Munch
Andy Hamilton 6-0 Bernd Schmidt
Steve Beaton (19) 6-1 Jamie Lewis
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Dean Winstanley

Second Round
Justin Pipe 6-2 Michael Barnard
Michael Smith 6-3 Jose Garcia Ruiz
Mark Webster 6-2 Prakash Jiwa
Nick Fullwell 6-1 Denis Ovens
Shaun Griffiths 6-2 Kurt Van De Rijck
Colin Lloyd 6-4 Matthew Edgar
Adrian Gray 6-4 Mick Todd
Alan Tabern 6-4 Steve Evans
Vincent van der Voort 6-1 Julio Barbero
Terry Jenkins 6-0 Jesus Noguera
Keith Stephen 6-5 Colin Osborne
Ian White 6-0 Matt Clark
Darren Whittingham 6-2 John Part
Jerry Hendriks 6-2 Chris Thompson
Steve Brown 6-3 Jose Antonio Justicia
Andy Smith 6-5 William O'Connor
Wes Newton 6-1 Antonio Jiminez
John Henderson 6-2 Kevin McDine
James Wade 6-1 Jelle Klaasen
Alex Roy 6-4 Kevin Painter
Arron Monk 6-5 Mervyn King
Magnus Caris 6-3 Dave Smith
Jamie Caven 6-0 Javier Caurel
Darren Webster 6-5 Wayne Jones
Ronnie Baxter 6-5 Mark Dudbridge
Raymond van Barneveld 6-1 Michael Mansell
Mark Walsh 6-2 Brendan Dolan
Joe Cullen 6-5 Scott Rand
Paul Nicholson 6-1 Toni Munoz
Co Stompe 6-4 James Hubbard
Andy Hamilton 6-3 Peter Wright
Steve Beaton 6-0 Kim Huybrechts
Losers £200

Third Round
Justin Pipe 6-3 Michael Smith
Mark Webster 6-2 Nick Fullwell
Shaun Griffiths 6-5 Colin Lloyd
Adrian Gray 6-5 Alan Tabern
Terry Jenkins 6-5 Vincent van der Voort
Ian White 6-5 Keith Stephen
Darren Whittingham 6-5 Jerry Hendriks
Steve Brown 6-5 Andy Smith
Wes Newton 6-2 John Henderson
James Wade 6-4 Alex Roy
Magnus Caris 6-4 Arron Monk
Darren Webster 6-3 Jamie Caven
Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Ronnie Baxter
Mark Walsh 6-2 Joe Cullen
Paul Nicholson 6-4 Co Stompe
Steve Beaton 6-5 Andy Hamilton
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Justin Pipe 6-4 Mark Webster
Shaun Griffiths 6-2 Adrian Gray
Ian White 6-5 Terry Jenkins
Darren Whittingham 6-2 Steve Brown
Wes Newton 6-3 James Wade
Magnus Caris 6-4 Darren Webster
Mark Walsh 6-5 Raymond van Barneveld
Paul Nicholson 6-5 Steve Beaton
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Justin Pipe 6-2 Shaun Griffiths
Ian White 6-2 Darren Whittingham
Magnus Caris 6-5 Wes Newton
Paul Nicholson 6-3 Mark Walsh
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Justin Pipe 6-4 Ian White
Paul Nicholson 6-2 Magnus Caris
Losers £2,000

Final
Justin Pipe 6-0 Paul Nicholson
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Semi-Finals
Magnus Caris v Paul Nicholson
0-1 - Nicholson kicks off the match with back-to-back 180s and also hits a seventh treble 20, but misses the treble 15 to end his hopes of a nine-darter, although he takes the leg to lead.
0-2 - Caris misses two darts at tops and Nicholson steps in to double his lead.
0-3 - Caris opens with a 180 but misses double top and double ten to allow Nicholson back in, and he finishes double 16 for a three-leg cushion.
1-3 - Caris regains his range on tops to get off the mark.
1-4 - Nicholson finishes 65 with an outer bull-double top combination.
2-4 - Caris takes out 43 on tops for his second leg of the match.
2-5 - Nicholson opens the leg with a 180 and finishes 100 in two darts for an 11-dart leg as he moves one away from victory.
2-6 - Nicholson completes the win in style, finishing 78 with an improvised checkout of treble one, outer bull and bullseye.
Match Averages: Magnus Caris 102.72, Paul Nicholson 101.64

Justin Pipe v Ian White
1-0 - Pipe takes an immediate break of throw on double top.
2-0 - Pipe hits a 180 and double eight to take the second leg.
2-1 - White strikes back by hitting double 16 to win the third.
2-2 - The pair trade 180s before White superbly takes out 121 on double 14.
2-3 - Pipe hits two 180s in the leg but pays for missed darts at the bull, double eight and double four as White steps in on double eight to lead.
3-3 - Pipe levels after being handed a reprieve following three missed doubles as White failed to finish 138, allowing him back in on double six.
4-3 - Pipe breaks throw to regain the lead.
4-4 - White hits back to level by finishing 71 on tops.
5-4 - Double eight puts Pipe a leg away from a place in the final.
6-4 - Pipe misses double 18 for a 156 checkout to take the win, but returns to hit the bed and seal victory.
Match Averages: Justin Pipe 97.41, Ian White 91.98

Final
Justin Pipe v Paul Nicholson
1-0 - Pipe hits a 180 in the process of taking the first leg.
2-0 - Pipe doubles his advantage with double six, having missed double 12 for a 144 finish in his previous visit.
3-0 - This time Pipe lands double 12 to move three legs clear with a second break of throw.
4-0 - Pipe finishes 81 in two darts to edge closer to victory.
5-0 - Nicholson misses two darts at double 18 for a 96 finish, and Pipe steps in to hit tops with a brilliant third dart, having partially blocked the bed with his first two darts.
6-0 - Pipe opens with a 180 and is handed a reprieve for a missed double 13 for the match as he returns to take out the combination with double six and double seven.
Match Averages: Justin Pipe 96.96, Paul Nicholson, 93.39

Last edited by NIGHTMARE on Mon 13 Feb - 7:11:09; edited 3 times in total
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

PDC 2012 Pro Tour  Empty Re: PDC 2012 Pro Tour

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Jan - 7:39:53

Spanish Win For Super Smith
29 Jan 2012
MICHAEL SMITH won his second professional title with victory in Sunday's Spanish Darts Classic Players Championship in Benidorm, denying Justin Pipe a weekend double with a 6-3 win in the final.

The 21-year-old from St Helens had won a UK Open Qualifier last February in Barnsley, and picked up the £6,000 first prize from the second PDC ProTour event of 2012.

Having missed double 12 for a nine-dart finish during a defeat to Pipe during Saturday's Players Championship, Smith gained revenge against the Taunton ace with a 6-3 win in Sunday's decider.

After edging two of the first three legs in the final, Smith secured the first break of throw with a brilliant fourth leg, hitting a 180 and taking out a 130 checkout on double five.

Tops in the next moved him into a 4-1 lead before Pipe finished double ten and landed a 180 and a 121 checkout to pull back to within a leg.

Pipe, though, crucially missed a dart at double 18 to level as Smith held his nerve on double ten to lead 5-3, and he posted double four to secure the victory.

Smith had started the day with wins over Jose Luis Torres and Magnus Caris before seeing off Paul Nicholson, Peter Wright and St Helens rival Dave Chisnall to reach the semi-finals.

World number three James Wade hit a 161 finish in taking a 3-2 lead, but Smith hit back to win four of the next five and move into the final.

The youngster - who lost 3-0 to Co Stompe on his World Championship debut in December - broke down in tears after the final as he celebrated a triumph which puts him in pole position to qualify for a return to Alexandra Palace as well as the year's other majors.

"It means so much for me to win this," said Smith. "I was so disappointed after the World Championship that I didn't want to pick up my darts again, but my Dad made me watch the game four or five times and after a week off I got back on the board.

"I've come into this year with the hunger to show people what I can do instead of what they saw in the World Championship, because I missed too many doubles at Ally Pally and Co punished me.

"I've got a diary at home which has my goals for the year; to hit a nine-darter, to win a ProTour event and get into the top 40 in the world, so I've ticked one of those off already.

"It's the second PDC tournament I've won and undoubtedly the most important I've ever won, and it's hard to describe how I feel - I'm over the moon.

"I came close to a nine-darter on Saturday but that's only one leg, it's winning matches that gets you championships and I've managed to do that. Justin beat me 6-3 yesterday so it's nice to get the payback against him today."

Pipe had defeated Paul Nicholson in Saturday's final, and his wins on Sunday included a second of the weekend over Mark Webster, defeats of new Tour Card holders John Bowles and Ross Smith, a 6-4 defeat of Andy Hamilton and a narrow 6-5 semi-final win over Matt Clark, where he hit a 14-dart finish to edge victory.

Clark won through to the semis only a week after having to compete in Qualifying School to retain his Tour Card, showing his quality with fine wins over Jelle Klaasen, Tony West, John Part, Mensur Suljovic and Kim Huybrechts in earning £2,000 prize money.

World number three Wade was the other semi-finalist, having come close to repeating the performance which saw him take victory in Benidorm last October.

The left-hander followed up a win over McCoy's Premier League Darts new-boy Kevin Painter by whitewashing Holland's Toon Greebe and coming from 5-3 down to win his quarter-final with Alex Roy.

Roy had also lost out to Wade in Saturday's event, in the Last 32, but defeated Mervyn King and Vincent van der Voort on his way to the quarter-finals of a Players Championship for the first time since 2008.

World Championship quarter-finalist Kim Huybrechts continued his good form by reaching the Last Eight in Spain alongside Dave Chisnall and newcomer Ross Smith, who was another of last week's Tour Card winners.

Former Lakeside Championship finalist Dean Winstanley (right) reached the Last 16 in only his second Players Championship event, defeating fellow newcomer Ted Hankey 6-1 in Sunday's preliminary round and also seeing off Terry Temple, Wayne Jones and Simon Whitlock before losing to Chisnall.

Spanish Darts Classic Players Championship (PC2, Sunday)
Preliminary Round
Brendan Dolan 6-1 Bernd Schmidt
Darren Johnson 6-5 Gino Vos
Tomas Cristobal 6-3 Jacinto Nieto
Adrian Gray 6-3 Eric Basullas
Kim Huybrechts 6-0 Chris Aubrey
Darren Whittingham 6-4 Juan Carlos Albaladejo
Jose Garcia Ruiz 6-3 Jerry Hendriks
Kirk Shepherd 6-5 Brian Woods
Dean Winstanley 6-1 Ted Hankey
Sam Hill 6-5 Rudy Van der Zande
Sergio Garcia 6-5 Eduardo Sales Lopez
Steve Evans 6-1 Antonio Alcinas

First Round
Justin Pipe (1) 6-1 Jesus Noguera
John Bowles 6-2 Armando Jesus Frias
Andy Hamilton (32) 6-1 Paul Rowley
Matthew Edgar 6-2 Bernd Roith
Mark Webster (16) 6-4 James Richardson
Dyson Parody 6-1 Manolo Vilerio
Jamie Lewis 6-2 Denis Ovens (17)
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Boris Krcmar
Mark Walsh (Cool 6-0 Guillermo Corella
Michael Mansell 6-1 Dave Smith
Colin Lloyd (25) 6-2 Devon Petersen
Darren Johnson 6-4 Joe Murnan
Ross Smith 6-4 Jamie Caven (9)
Darren Webster 6-1 Nick Fullwell
Kevin Munch 6-5 Alan Tabern (24)
Mick Todd 6-1 Tomas Cristobal
Ronnie Baxter (5) 6-1 Jose Antonio Alvarez
Steve Grubb 6-3 Chris Mason
Raymond van Barneveld (28) 6-0 Mark Stephenson
Adrian Gray 6-3 Prakash Jiwa
Steve Brown (12) 6-2 Justin Broton
Adam Smith-Neale 6-1 Steve Maish
Mark Hylton (21) 6-2 Martin Marti
Kim Huybrechts 6-1 Joe Cullen
John Part (4) 6-3 James Hubbard
Manuel Fernandez Josende 6-2 Simon Barker-Davies
Tony West 6-3 Co Stompe (29)
Matt Clark 6-2 Jelle Klaasen
Colin Osborne (13) 6-5 Steve Hine
John Henderson 6-3 Toni Munoz
Andy Smith (20) 6-1 Jesus Sanchez
Mensur Suljovic 6-3 Darren Whittingham
Paul Nicholson (2) 6-5 Antonio Jiminez
Barrie Bates 6-1 Paul Barham
Michael Smith (31) 6-2 Jose Luis Torres
Magnus Caris 6-1 Diego Rufo
Peter Wright (15) 6-4 Reece Robinson
Jose Antonio Justicia 6-0 Wolfgang Manzl
Steve Beaton (18) 6-0 David Jiminez
Keith Stephen 6-1 Jose Garcia Ruiz
Dave Chisnall (7) 6-5 Kevin McDine
Peter Manley 6-3 Simon Craven
Richie Burnett (26) 6-1 Nigel Heydon
Kirk Shepherd 6-4 Christian Kallinger
Simon Whitlock (10) 6-4 Peter Hudson
Arron Monk 6-1 Chris Thompson
Wayne Jones (23) 6-1 Stefanie Luck
Dean Winstanley 6-4 Terry Temple
Vincent van der Voort (6) 6-4 Jyhan Artut
Michael Barnard 6-1 Jon Archer
Terry Jenkins (27) 6-3 Roland Scholten
Ian White 6-2 Sam Hill
Alex Roy 6-5 Mervyn King (11)
Jose de Sousa 6-4 Mark Dudbridge
Scott Rand (22) 6-1 Kurt Van De Rijck
Shaun Griffiths 6-2 Sergio Garcia
Wes Newton (3) 6-2 Dennis Smith
William O'Connor 6-2 Jose Luis Rodriguez
Michael van Gerwen (30) 6-3 Carlos Rodriguez
Toon Greebe 6-0 Ignacio Basullas
James Wade (14) 6-3 Julio Barbero
Carlos Jiminez 6-0 Jesus Gonzalez
Kevin Painter (19) 6-3 Dylan Duo
Mareno Michels 6-5 Steve Evans

Second Round
Justin Pipe 6-4 John Bowles
Andy Hamilton 6-2 Matthew Edgar
Mark Webster 6-2 Dyson Parody
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Jamie Lewis
Mark Walsh 6-4 Michael Mansell
Darren Johnson 6-3 Colin Lloyd
Ross Smith 6-4 Darren Webster
Kevin Munch 6-0 Mick Todd
Ronnie Baxter 6-0 Steve Grubb
Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Adrian Gray
Steve Brown 6-2 Adam Smith-Neale
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Mark Hylton
John Part 6-0 Manuel Fernandez Josende
Matt Clark 6-2 Tony West
Colin Osborne 6-5 John Henderson
Mensur Suljovic 6-3 Andy Smith
Paul Nicholson 6-3 Barrie Bates
Michael Smith 6-4 Magnus Caris
Peter Wright 6-3 Jose Antonio Justicia
Steve Beaton 6-4 Keith Stephen
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Peter Manley
Richie Burnett 6-1 Kirk Shepherd
Simon Whitlock 6-5 Arron Monk
Dean Winstanley 6-1 Wayne Jones
Vincent van der Voort 6-5 Michael Barnard
Terry Jenkins 6-3 Ian White
Alex Roy 6-0 Jose de Sousa
Shaun Griffiths 6-5 Scott Rand
Wes Newton 6-5 William O'Connor
Toon Greebe 6-5 Michael van Gerwen
James Wade 6-0 Carlos Jiminez
Kevin Painter 6-5 Mareno Michels
Losers £200

Third Round
Justin Pipe 6-4 Andy Hamilton
Mark Webster 6-3 Brendan Dolan
Darren Johnson 6-4 Mark Walsh
Ross Smith 6-4 Kevin Munch
Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Ronnie Baxter
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Steve Brown
Matt Clark 6-5 John Part
Mensur Suljovic 6-5 Colin Osborne
Michael Smith 6-3 Paul Nicholson
Peter Wright 6-5 Steve Beaton
Dave Chisnall 6-2 Richie Burnett
Dean Winstanley 6-4 Simon Whitlock
Vincent van der Voort 6-5 Terry Jenkins
Alex Roy 6-5 Shaun Griffiths
Toon Greebe 6-3 Wes Newton
James Wade 6-1 Kevin Painter
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Justin Pipe 6-5 Mark Webster
Ross Smith 6-3 Darren Johnson
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Raymond van Barneveld
Matt Clark 6-5 Mensur Suljovic
Michael Smith 6-1 Peter Wright
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Dean Winstanley
Alex Roy 6-5 Vincent van der Voort
James Wade 6-0 Toon Greebe
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Justin Pipe 6-3 Ross Smith
Matt Clark 6-4 Kim Huybrechts
Michael Smith 6-3 Dave Chisnall
James Wade 6-5 Alex Roy
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Justin Pipe 6-5 Matt Clark
Michael Smith 6-4 James Wade
Losers £2,000

Final
Michael Smith 6-3 Justin Pipe
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Semi-Finals
Michael Smith v James Wade
1-0 - Wade hits a 180 but Smith finishes 72 for the opening leg.
1-1 - Wade levels on double top.
2-1 - Smith posts double ten to regain the advantage.
2-2 - Smith hits 171 to leave 94, but misses tops for the finish and Wade takes out 70 on double top to level.
2-3 - Both players open with 180s, and Wade breaks with a brilliant 161 checkout.
3-3 - Smith hits a 180 in immediately breaking back.
4-3 - Smith lands another maximum, and posts double eight to regain the lead after Wade misses the bull for a 121 finish.
4-4 - Wade wins a dramatic eighth leg on double ten, having been given a reprieve for three misses at the bed in his previous visit when Smith, needing 79, missed the single 20 to leave him tops.
5-4 - Smith finishes 52 on tops to move a leg away from the final.
6-4 - Smith misses the bull for a 121 checkotu, but when Wade misses two darts at tops the youngster finishes double ten to secure his place in the final.

Justin Pipe v Matt Clark
1-0 - Pipe hits a 174 to leave 32 and lands double 16 at the first time of asking.
2-0 - Pipe opens with a 180 and finishes double 14 for a 13-dart finish.
3-0 - Pipe breaks for a second time, winning the leg in 14 darts on double 16 after hitting scores of 140, 140 and 134 in the leg.
3-1 - Clark breaks back to get off the mark, finishing 76 in two darts for a 14-dart leg.
3-2 - Pipe misses four darts to take the leg, at double six, three and one, and Clark steps in on double ten to pull back to within a leg.
4-2 - Pipe hits a 180 and posts double 18 to regain his two-leg cushion.
4-3 - Pipe misses tops to win a fifth leg, and Clark follows a 180 by finishing 56 on tops.
5-3 - Pipe lands double four to move a leg away from victory.
5-4 - Clark misses tops for a 107 finish, but Pipe misses the same bed to take the win and his opponent hits tops to stay in the contest.
5-5 - Clark hits 137 to leave 24, but misses two darts at double 12 and one at double six, before being allowed back in to hit double six and force a decider.
6-5 - Clark can only open with a 22 score, and Pipe hits two 140s to be first to a finish, as he takes out double 16 for a 14-darter to win through to his second successive final.

Final
Justin Pipe v Michael Smith
0-0 - Michael Smith wins the bull and throws first.
0-1 - Smith opens the final with a 180, and after Pipe misses the bull for a 90 finish the youngster wins the opening leg on double ten.
1-1 - Pipe levels by posting double top for a 54 finish.
1-2 - Smith hits a 180 to leave 66, which he finishes on double top.
1-3 - Smith lands another maximum, and when Pipe misses a dart at tops he takes out 130 on double five to break.
1-4 - Smith posts tops to move three legs clear.
2-4 - Pipe hits back by landing double ten.
3-4 - Pipe opens with a 180 and finishes 121 on the bull to break throw and pull back to within a leg.
3-5 - Pipe misses double 18, and Smith steps in to break with a pressure double ten with his third dart to move a leg away from only his second professional title.
3-6 - Double four gives Michael Smith victory and his first Players Championship title.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

PDC 2012 Pro Tour  Empty Newton Wins Qualifier One 11 Feb 2012

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 13 Feb - 6:55:47

Newton Wins Qualifier One
11 Feb 2012
WES NEWTON took victory in the first Speedy Hire UK Open Qualifier of 2012 with a 6-3 defeat of in-form Belgian Kim Huybrechts in Crawley on Saturday.

World number six Newton secured his first PDC ProTour win since last March - which also came at the K2 Centre - with the triumph, which sees him pocket £6,000 and immediately secure his place in June's UK Open televised finals in Bolton.

The Fleetwood ace showed strong form throughout Saturday's event, overcoming recent Tour Card winner Richie Howson, Holland's Jerry Hendriks, Scotland's Robert Thornton and Andy Brown in reaching the last eight, taking out 137 to secure victory against the latter.

After seeing off local rival Ronnie Baxter 6-4 in the quarter-finals, he won four straight legs from 3-2 down to see off Coventry's Kevin Dowling in the semis.

Following an edgy start in the final, where Huybrechts shared the first four legs, Newton hit top gear with a 14-darter and superb bullseye finishes of 167 and 84 - after the Belgian missed darts at a double in both legs - to lead 5-2.

Newton hit a 180 in the eighth leg, but missed the bull for a 121 finish as Huybrechts kept the match alive with a fine 130 checkout.

However, after the pair traded 180s in the next, another miss from the Belgian on double 14 allowed Newton in to post double six and take victory.

Huybrechts reached his first PDC final with his performances on the day, picking up wins over left-handers Mark Webster and Mark Hylton, a whitewash victory over Mark Stephenson and a 6-3 defeat of Vincent van der Voort.

He then won his quarter-final with Scott Rand with a 148 checkout before defeating Simon Whitlock 6-4 in the semis, and claims £3,000 prize money.

Having also reached the World Championship quarter-finals on his Alexandra Palace debut, Huybrechts' display meant that he has now reached the last eight in five of his last six tournaments.

Coventry's Dowling reached the semi-finals in his best-ever run on the PDC ProTour, defeating recent Players Championship winner Michael Smith, three-time World Champion John Part and Ireland's William O'Connor along the way.

He was joined in the last four by in-form Australian Whitlock, while Ireland's William O'Connor, Warwickshire's Prakash Jiwa, Baxter and Rand all won through to the quarter-finals.

PDC newcomer Dean Winstanley reached the last 16 for the second successive PDC ProTour event, with Andy Brown reaching that stage for the first time since winning his Tour Card in 2011.

The second of eight Speedy Hire UK Open Qualifiers will be played on Sunday, with over 190 players in action.

Speedy Hire UK Open Qualifier One
Preliminary Round
Denis Ovens 6-2 Mark Lawrence
Paul Nicholson 6-5 Adrian Gray
Steven Pearson 6-5 Gary Eastwood
Aaron Turner 6-5 Tony Ayres
Carlos Rodriguez 6-3 Darren Williams
Ronnie Baxter 6-2 Brandon Walsh
Connie Finnan 6-2 Lee Whitworth
Aden Kirk 6-2 Paul Sawyer
Toon Greebe 6-5 Co Stompe Jnr
Ted Hankey 6-5 Steve West
Matt Clark 6-5 Steve Maish
Les Wallace 6-2 Andy Turnbull
Magnus Caris 6-3 Stephen Hardy
Matthew Edgar 6-3 Steve Farmer
Gaz Cousins 6-2 Barrie Bates
Kevin Painter 6-4 Dave Honey
Robert Thornton 6-1 Alex Clyburn
Nick Fullwell 6-3 Anthony Littleton
Michael Smith 6-3 Peter Harris
Ryan Harrington 6-3 Peter Evison
Richie Burnett 6-2 Brendan Dolan
Stuart Kellett 6-0 Lee Butler
James Guilfoyle 6-4 Adrian Bolitho
Ross Smith 6-3 Sam Hill
Gino Vos 6-1 Lewis Venes
John Part 6-3 Dennis Smith
Mark Jones 6-4 Brian Woods
Mervyn King 6-3 Roland Scholten
Darren Webster 6-5 Andy Hamilton
James Wade 6-3 Ian White
Peter Wright 6-4 Kevin McDine
Andy Smith 6-5 Damien Sherwood
Terry Jenkins 6-2 Andy Relf
Shaun Griffiths 6-5 Gary Anderson
Johnny Haines 6-2 Keith Rooney
Jamie Lewis 6-2 Chris Thompson
Jyhan Artut 6-0 Dave Kelly
Joey Palfreyman 6-4 Rees Hall
Gareth Pass 6-4 Nigel Birch
Alex Roy 6-0 James Pastfield
Simon Whitlock 6-3 Sean White
Colin Osborne 6-0 Dave Ladley
Joe Murnan 6-3 Nathan Richards
Adam Smith-Neale 6-3 Neville Roberts
Chris Aubrey 6-2 Liam Kelly
Matt Jackson 6-3 Darren Johnson
Prakash Jiwa 6-3 Ian Lever
Paddy Meaney 6-5 Dave Chisnall
John Jenkinson 6-5 Paul Barham
Michael Barnard 6-5 Steve Beaton
Simon Burt 6-3 Geoff Whitworth
Josh Jones 6-3 Daniel Bunker
Justin Pipe 6-2 Rocco Maes
Jamie Caven 6-2 Andrew Palmer
Mareno Michels 6-3 Jason Crawley
Mark Walsh 6-1 Joe Hunt
Gary Butcher 6-1 Tony Wood
Steve Brown 6-5 Daniel Day
Richard Plowman 6-4 Martin Perring
Vincent van der Voort 6-0 Ashley Holgate
Mick Todd 6-1 Jelle Klaasen
Richard North 6-2 Philip Wathen
Kim Huybrechts 6-1 Stuart White
Mark Webster 6-3 Steve Evans
Michael van Gerwen 6-4 Michael Mansell
Mark Hylton 6-3 Darren Latham

First Round
Darren Whittingham 6-4 Peter Manley
Bernd Roith 6-2 Denis Ovens
Paul Nicholson 6-0 Steven Pearson
Carlos Rodriguez 6-1 Aaron Turner
Andrew Gilding 6-5 Co Stompe
Ronnie Baxter 6-3 Kirk Shepherd
Connie Finnan 6-3 Aden Kirk
Ted Hankey 6-1 Toon Greebe
Keegan Brown 6-4 James Richardson
Andy Brown 6-0 Colin Monk
Matt Clark 6-1 Les Wallace
Matthew Edgar 6-4 Magnus Caris
Jerry Hendriks 6-4 Steve Hine
Wes Newton 6-4 Richie Howson
Kevin Painter 6-1 Gaz Cousins
Robert Thornton 6-3 Nick Fullwell
Kevin Dowling 6-1 Ian Moss
Andrew Hibbert 6-4 Stephen McNally
Michael Smith 6-2 Ryan Harrington
Stuart Kellett 6-2 Richie Burnett
Danny Summers 6-5 Andy Pearce
Keith Stephen 6-2 Reece Robinson
Ross Smith 6-5 James Guilfoyle
John Part 6-1 Gino Vos
Dean Winstanley 6-5 Paul Rowley
Dyson Parody 6-5 Mike Veitch
Mark Jones 6-3 Mervyn King
James Wade 6-3 Darren Webster
James Hubbard 6-2 James Young
William O'Connor 6-5 Ron Atwill
Andy Smith 6-4 Peter Wright
Terry Jenkins 6-3 Shaun Griffiths
Wayne Jones 6-3 Steve Grubb
Tony West 6-0 Stefanie Luck
Johnny Haines 6-2 Jamie Lewis
Jyhan Artut 6-4 Joey Palfreyman
Mark Frost 6-2 Ian Jopling
Martyn Turner 6-1 Mick McGowan
Alex Roy 6-2 Gareth Pass
Simon Whitlock 6-3 Colin Osborne
Colin Lloyd 6-4 Alan Tabern
Arron Monk 6-1 Kurt Van De Rijck
Adam Smith-Neale 6-4 Joe Murnan
Matt Jackson 6-2 Chris Aubrey
Antonio Alcinas 6-2 Andrew Cornwall
John Henderson 6-3 John Bowles
Prakash Jiwa 6-4 Paddy Meaney
Michael Barnard 6-3 John Jenkinson
Scott Rand 6-2 Jack Hill
Jim Walker 6-5 Devon Petersen
Josh Jones 6-3 Simon Burt
Jamie Caven 6-3 Justin Pipe
Peter Hudson 6-3 Dave Smith
Chris Mason 6-4 Jimmy Mann
Mark Walsh 6-1 Mareno Michels
Steve Brown 6-1 Gary Butcher
Joe Cullen 6-1 Darrell Claydon
Nigel Heydon 6-0 Tony Tasker
Vincent van der Voort 6-0 Richard Plowman
Mick Todd 6-4 Richard North
John Scott 6-2 Richie Walsh
Mark Stephenson 6-0 Lee White
Kim Huybrechts 6-5 Mark Webster
Mark Hylton 6-5 Michael van Gerwen

Second Round
Bernd Roith 6-5 Darren Whittingham
Paul Nicholson 6-3 Carlos Rodriguez
Ronnie Baxter 6-0 Andrew Gilding
Connie Finnan 6-4 Ted Hankey
Andy Brown 6-4 Keegan Brown
Matt Clark 6-3 Matthew Edgar
Wes Newton 6-1 Jerry Hendriks
Robert Thornton 6-4 Kevin Painter
Kevin Dowling 6-5 Andrew Hibbert
Michael Smith 6-5 Stuart Kellett
Keith Stephen 6-5 Danny Summers
John Part 6-2 Ross Smith
Dean Winstanley 6-5 Dyson Parody
James Wade 6-5 Mark Jones
William O'Connor 6-4 James Hubbard
Terry Jenkins 6-3 Andy Smith
Wayne Jones 6-4 Tony West
Johnny Haines 6-2 Jyhan Artut
Mark Frost 6-2 Martyn Turner
Simon Whitlock 6-4 Alex Roy
Arron Monk 6-3 Colin Lloyd
Adam Smith-Neale 6-2 Matt Jackson
John Henderson 6-4 Antonio Alcinas
Prakash Jiwa 6-5 Michael Barnard
Scott Rand 6-3 Jim Walker
Jamie Caven 6-1 Josh Jones
Peter Hudson 6-2 Chris Mason
Mark Walsh 6-3 Steve Brown
Joe Cullen 6-3 Nigel Heydon
Vincent van der Voort 6-4 Mick Todd
Mark Stephenson 6-3 John Scott
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Mark Hylton
Losers £200

Third Round
Paul Nicholson 6-3 Bernd Roith
Ronnie Baxter 6-2 Connie Finnan
Andy Brown 6-4 Matt Clark
Wes Newton 6-3 Robert Thornton
Kevin Dowling 6-3 Michael Smith
John Part 6-4 Keith Stephen
Dean Winstanley 6-4 James Wade
William O'Connor 6-3 Terry Jenkins
Johnny Haines 6-5 Wayne Jones
Simon Whitlock 6-2 Mark Frost
Arron Monk 6-5 Adam Smith-Neale
Prakash Jiwa 6-1 John Henderson
Scott Rand 6-5 Jamie Caven
Mark Walsh 6-1 Peter Hudson
Vincent van der Voort 6-3 Joe Cullen
Kim Huybrechts 6-0 Mark Stephenson
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Ronnie Baxter 6-2 Paul Nicholson
Wes Newton 6-5 Andy Brown
Kevin Dowling 6-5 John Part
William O'Connor 6-5 Dean Winstanley
Simon Whitlock 6-4 Johnny Haines
Prakash Jiwa 6-3 Arron Monk
Scott Rand 6-5 Mark Walsh
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Vincent van der Voort
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Wes Newton 6-4 Ronnie Baxter
Kevin Dowling 6-4 William O'Connor
Simon Whitlock 6-2 Prakash Jiwa
Kim Huybrechts 6-4 Scott Rand
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Wes Newton 6-3 Kevin Dowling
Kim Huybrechts 6-4 Simon Whitlock
Losers £2,000

Final
Wes Newton 6-3 Kim Huybrechts
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Final - Leg-By-Leg
Wes Newton v Kim Huybrechts
0-0 - Wes Newton wins the bull and throws first.
1-0 - Huybrechts misses tops to break throw, and Newton punishes that on double eight.
1-1 - The Belgian hits a 180 to be first to a finish, and although he misses the bullseye for an 84 checkout he returns to post double eight.
2-1 - Huybrechts is unable to take out 139, hitting 99 to leave tops only to see Newton hit the same bed at the first attempt to regain the lead.
2-2 - Huybrechts is again first to a finish, and hits double eight with his fifth dart to take the leg and level.
3-2 - Newton produces his best leg of the match, hitting back from a slow start with two 140s to leave 95, which he finishes in two for a 14-darter
4-2 - Huybrechts misses double 11 for a 124 checkout, and Newton superbly finishes 167 to break for the first time in the final.
5-2 - Hubrechts misses the bull for a 122 finish, and Newton lands the bull again - for an 84 finish - to lead 5-2.
5-3 - Newton wires the bull for a 121 checkout which would have sealed victory, and Huybrechts takes out 130 on double five to stay alive.
6-3 - The pair trade 180s but Huybrechts misses double 14 for a 107 checkout and Newton hits double six to secure the triumph.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

PDC 2012 Pro Tour  Empty Speedy Hire UK Open Qualifier Two K2 Centre, Crawley, Sunday February 12

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 13 Feb - 7:07:34

MICHAEL VAN GERWEN hit a nine-dart finish and a 170 checkout in defeating Dave Chisnall 6-1 in the final of Sunday's second Speedy Hire UK Open Qualifier in Crawley.

The Dutch youngster claimed his first full PDC ProTour victory since 2009 with the triumph, with the £6,000 prize money sealing his place in June's UK Open televised finals and putting him in a strong position to reach July's World Matchplay.

However, the manner in which van Gerwen took the win showed flashes of the brilliance which brought him to prominence as a teenager back in 2006.

The 22-year-old had defeated Bristol's Steve Brown and recent Tour Card winners Stuart Kellett and Richie Howson before hitting top gear in his Last 16 contest with Jamie Caven, winning 6-2 and taking the final four legs in 11, 12, 11 and 15 darts.

He then powered past World Championship finalist Andy Hamilton 6-2 in the quarter-finals and whitewashed Simon Whitlock 6-0 in the semis, before claiming the title in style.

After taking the opening leg of the final in 13 darts, he broke Chisnall's throw on tops before the St Helens man took out 85 on the bull to win the third.

Van Gerwen's reply was senational, as he hit 180 and 177 before finishing 144 on double 12 for a nine-dart finish - his first since the 2006 Masters of Darts in Holland - to lead 3-1.

Chisnall missed double eight for a 123 finish in the next, with van Gerwen posting double four to move 4-1 up and then brilliantly taking out 170 for a 12-darter, after Chisnall missed the bull for a 121 checkout.

The youngster then sealed a brilliant win on double six, finishing the final with an average of 108.03.

"It's very special for me," said van Gerwen, who has shown newfound confidence since winning four PDC Unicorn Youth Tour events in 2011.

"To win a tournament with a nine-darter and a 170 finish is great. I know I can play like this but you have to do it when it counts in tournaments, and I'm very proud that I did today.

"In the last four games I played very well against four players who are all in the top 32 and brilliant players, so if you do that then you can win anything.

"I played well in the Grand Slam of Darts and World Championship at the end of last year, and the Youth Tour was great for me.

"In the three ProTour events so far this year my scoring's been great but in all three matches I lost, I've missed lots of match darts, but I hit my doubles at the right time today.

"I hope I can continue this now and this is a big step for me."

Chisnall had won his maiden PDC ProTour title in Crawley last year, but had to settle for the £3,000 runner-up cheque following the defeat to van Gerwen.

Chisnall had defeated three other Dutchman during the event, Mareno Michels, Roland Shcolten and Vincent van der Voort, as well as seeing off Spain's Antonio Alcinas, Steve Farmer and Michael Mansell.

Van der Voort showed that he has recovered from the stomach bug which struck him during the Netherlands' run to the Cash Converters World Cup of Darts semi-finals last weekend by reaching the last four in Crawley.

He was joined in the semis by in-form Australian Simon Whitlock who was also in the last four of the World Cup, drew with Raymond van Barneveld as the McCoy's Premier League Darts began on Thursday and also reached the same stage in Saturday's UK Open Qualifier.

Swindon's Johnny Haines reached the quarter-finals for the first time in the PDC since earning his Tour Card at Qualifying School last month, and was joined in the last eight by Scholten, Hamilton and Andy Smith.

The next two Speedy Hire UK Open Qualifiers will be held at the Barnsley Metrodome on March 24 & 25, with a total of eight £35,000 events being held before the top 96 professionals (plus ties) from the UK Open Order of Merit qualify to compete in June's televised finals.

They will be joined in the UK Open by a series of Amateur Qualifiers from knockout events to be held during the Spring - full details will be announced once finalised.

Speedy Hire UK Open Qualifier Two
K2 Centre, Crawley, Sunday February 12
Preliminary Round
Toon Greebe 6-2 Martyn Turner
Matthew Edgar 6-5 Steve Evans
Stuart White 6-3 Ian Moss
Tony West 6-0 John Walton
Colin Monk 6-1 Peter Evison
Josh Jones 6-5 Co Stompe Jnr
Keegan Brown 6-4 Michael Smith
James Wade 6-3 Mark Webster
Alan Tabern 6-4 Terry Jenkins
Joey Palfreyman 6-0 Peter Harris
James Richardson 6-1 Simon Burt
Liam Kelly 6-3 Andy Relf
Kevin Dowling 6-1 Anthony Littleton
Vincent van der Voort 6-4 Ryan Harrington
Roland Scholten 6-3 Danny Summers
Adrian Gray 6-4 Barrie Bates
Aaron Turner 6-0 Adrian Bolitho
Ian White 6-2 Darren Johnson
Nick Fullwell 6-3 Jason Crawley
Gary Anderson 6-1 Andy Firth
Wes Newton 6-1 Alex Clyburn
Damien Sherwood 6-2 Mark Hylton
Colin Osborne 6-1 Kurt Van De Rijck
Peter Wright 6-3 Les Wallace
Darren Whittingham 6-5 Andy Brown
Steve Farmer 6-0 Gino Vos
Michael Mansell 6-4 Michael Barnard
Scott Rand 6-0 Jack Hill
Jelle Klaasen 6-2 Keith Stephen
Arron Monk 6-0 Gareth Pass
Connie Finnan 6-4 Bernd Roith
Andrew Cornwall 6-0 Peter Manley
Justin Pipe 6-5 William O'Connor
Adam Smith-Neale 6-4 Lee Whitworth
Andrew Hibbert 6-0 Nathan Richards
Andy Hamilton 6-2 Tony Ayres
Co Stompe 6-1 Steve McNally
Dave Smith 6-3 Reece Robinson
Richie Howson 6-0 Ron Atwill
Denis Ovens 6-2 Ashley Holgate
Mark Lawrence 6-4 Matt Clark
Mick McGowan 6-5 Terry Temple
Mark Walsh 6-0 Tony Tasker
Ronnie Baxter 6-4 Rocco Maes
Philip Wathen 6-2 Alex Roy
John Part 6-3 Chris Thompson
Dave Ladley 6-3 Richie Walsh
Jerry Hendriks 6-4 Carlos Rodriguez
Mike Veitch 6-4 Richie Burnett
Nigel Heydon 6-3 Joe Murnan
Brandon Walsh 6-3 Lee White
Joe Cullen 6-0 Matt Jackson
Shaun Griffiths 6-2 Gary Eastwood
Dennis Smith 6-2 Darrell Claydon
Steve Beaton 6-2 Sam Hill
Peter Hudson 6-2 Paul Nicholson
Colin Lloyd 6-0 Daniel Day
Kirk Shepherd 6-1 John Jenkinson
John Henderson 6-3 Paul Sawyer
Jyhan Artut 6-0 Andrew Gilding
Mervyn King 6-5 Steve Grubb
Daniel Bunker 6-2 Steven Pearson

First Round
Robert Thornton 6-3 Prakash Jiwa
Keith Rooney 6-5 James Guilfoyle
Toon Greebe 6-5 Gary Butcher
Matthew Edgar 6-4 Stuart White
Paddy Meaney 6-1 Paul Barham
Johnny Haines 6-3 Devon Petersen
Dean Winstanley 6-0 Tony West
Colin Monk 6-0 Josh Jones
James Hubbard 6-2 Rees Hall
John Bowles 6-0 Andy Turnbull
James Wade 6-5 Keegan Brown
Alan Tabern 6-1 Joey Palfreyman
Mark Frost 6-1 Ian Lever
Jamie Lewis 6-0 Ian Jopling
Liam Kelly 6-4 James Richardson
Vincent van der Voort 6-4 Kevin Dowling
Ted Hankey 6-5 Nigel Birch
John Scott 6-2 Paul Rowley
Roland Scholten 6-2 Adrian Gray
Ian White 6-2 Aaron Turner
Brendan Dolan 6-1 Dave Kelly
Chris Aubrey 6-1 Dyson Parody
Gary Anderson 6-3 Nick Fullwell
Wes Newton 6-3 Damien Sherwood
Antonio Alcinas 6-3 Steve Maish
Dave Chisnall 6-1 Mareno Michels
Peter Wright 6-1 Colin Osborne
Steve Farmer 6-1 Darren Whittingham
Steve Hine 6-0 Darren Williams
Steve West 6-1 Neville Roberts
Michael Mansell 6-4 Scott Rand
Jelle Klaasen 6-2 Arron Monk
Kevin Painter 6-2 Chris Mason
Kim Huybrechts 6-5 Tony Wood
Andrew Cornwall 6-3 Connie Finnan
Justin Pipe 6-1 Adam Smith-Neale
Ross Smith 6-4 Lewis Venes
Darren Webster 6-5 Wayne Jones
Andy Hamilton 6-2 Andrew Hibbert
Dave Smith 6-1 Co Stompe
Michael van Gerwen 6-4 Steve Brown
Stuart Kellett 6-1 Andy Pearce
Richie Howson 6-2 Denis Ovens
Mick McGowan 6-5 Mark Lawrence
James Young 6-3 Stefanie Luck
Jamie Caven 6-2 Sean White
Mark Walsh 6-3 Ronnie Baxter
John Part 6-5 Philip Wathen
Brian Woods 6-5 Richard North
Mark Jones 6-0 Geoff Whitworth
Dave Ladley 6-5 Jerry Hendriks
Nigel Heydon 6-2 Mike Veitch
Simon Whitlock 6-3 Mick Todd
Dave Honey 6-4 Darren Latham
Joe Cullen 6-1 Brand Walsh
Shaun Griffiths 6-3 Dennis Smith
Andy Smith 6-2 Stephen Hardy
Jimmy Mann 6-2 Magnus Caris
Peter Hudson 6-1 Steve Beaton
Kirk Shepherd 6-5 Colin Lloyd
Kevin McDine 6-2 Mark Stephenson
Gaz Cousins 6-3 Martin Perring
John Henderson 6-4 Jyhan Artut
Mervyn King 6-0 Daniel Bunker

Second Round
Robert Thornton 6-2 Keith Rooney
Matthew Edgar 6-3 Toon Greebe
Johnny Haines 6-2 Paddy Meaney
Dean Winstanley 6-1 Colin Monk
John Bowles 6-4 James Hubbard
Alan Tabern 6-5 James Wade
Jamie Lewis 6-3 Mark Frost
Vincent van der Voort 6-4 Liam Kelly
Ted Hankey 6-2 John Scott
Roland Scholten 6-4 Ian White
Brendan Dolan 6-1 Chris Aubrey
Wes Newton 6-5 Gary Anderson
Dave Chisnall 6-5 Antonio Alcinas
Steve Farmer 6-1 Peter Wright
Steve Hine 6-1 Steve West
Michael Mansell 6-0 Jelle Klaasen
Kim Huybrechts 6-2 Kevin Painter
Justin Pipe 6-0 Andrew Cornwall
Ross Smith 6-4 Darren Webster
Andy Hamilton 6-1 Dave Smith
Michael van Gerwen 6-3 Stuart Kellett
Richie Howson 6-5 Mick McGowan
Jamie Caven 6-1 James Young
John Part 6-3 Mark Walsh
Brian Woods 6-4 Mark Jones
Nigel Heydon 6-1 Dave Ladley
Simon Whitlock 6-0 Dave Honey
Shaun Griffiths 6-2 Joe Cullen
Andy Smith 6-2 Jimmy Mann
Peter Hudson 6-1 Kirk Shepherd
Kevin McDine 6-3 Gaz Cousins
John Henderson 6-5 Mervyn King
Losers £200

Third Round
Matthew Edgar 6-3 Robert Thornton
Johnny Haines 6-5 Dean Winstanley
John Bowles 6-2 Alan Tabern
Vincent van der Voort 6-0 Jamie Lewis
Roland Scholten 6-1 Ted Hankey
Brendan Dolan 6-5 Wes Newton
Dave Chisnall 6-2 Steve Farmer
Michael Mansell 6-3 Steve Hine
Justin Pipe 6-1 Kim Huybrechts
Andy Hamilton 6-4 Ross Smith
Michael van Gerwen 6-3 Richie Howson
Jamie Caven 6-5 John Part
Brian Woods 6-5 Nigel Heydon
Simon Whitlock 6-4 Shaun Griffiths
Andy Smith 6-2 Peter Hudson
Kevin McDine 6-4 John Henderson
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Johnny Haines 6-3 Matthew Edgar
Vincent van der Voort 6-5 John Bowles
Roland Scholten 6-3 Brendan Dolan
Dave Chisnall 6-4 Michael Mansell
Andy Hamilton 6-5 Justin Pipe
Michael van Gerwen 6-2 Jamie Caven
Simon Whitlock 6-5 Brian Woods
Andy Smith 6-2 Kevin McDine
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Vincent van der Voort 6-5 Johnny Haines
Dave Chisnall 6-1 Roland Scholten
Michael van Gerwen 6-2 Andy Hamilton
Simon Whitlock 6-1 Andy Smith
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Vincent van der Voort
Michael van Gerwen 6-0 Simon Whitlock
Losers £2,000

Final
Michael van Gerwen 6-1 Dave Chisnall
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Final - Leg-By-Leg
0-0 - Michael van Gerwen wins the bull and will throw first.
0-1 - van Gerwen hits scores of 140 and 180 and lands double eight for a 13-dart finish.
0-2 - van Gerwen breaks immediately, finishing double top at the first time of asking.
1-2 - Chisnall breaks back, hitting a 140 to leave 85, which he takes out on the bull with van Gerwen waiting on 50.
1-3 - MICHAEL VAN GERWEN HITS NINE-DART LEG! Chisnall hits scores of 140, 123 and 119 but van Gerwen lands 180, 177 and finishes 144 on double 12 for a nine-darter.
1-4 - van Gerwen extends his lead, hitting two 140s and finishing double four after Chisnall misses double nine on a 123 combination.
1-5 - van Gerwen moves a leg away from victory in stunning fashion, with Chisnall hitting a 180 and 140 but missing the bull for a 121 finish as the young Dutchman steps in with a 170 checkout.
1-6 - van Gerwen leaves 75 after 12 darts and posts double six for the win.
Final Averages: Michael van Gerwen 108.03, Dave Chisnall 98.77
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 12 Mar - 4:57:19

PHIL TAYLOR won his first Players Championship of 2012 by following up a nine-darter with a 6-1 defeat of Wes Newton in Saturday's final at the Rivermead Centre in Reading.

The world number one continued his imperious start to the year with a classy display, losing more than one leg only once in seven matches during the day as he claimed the £6,000 first prize.

Having defeated James Richardson 6-1 in the first round, he defeated Tony West by the same scoreline in round two, hitting a brilliant nine-darter in the process as he followed up scores of 174 and 177 by taking out 150 with a treble 20, bull and double top combination.

He then whitewashed Stoke rival Ian White and came from 3-0 down to defeat Andy Smith 6-3 in the last 16, before seeing off Kim Huybrechts and Simon Whitlock to reach the final.

There, Taylor led 2-0 before Newton punished a missed bullseye for a 121 finish to win the third on double ten.

Taylor, though, replied with legs of 11 and 12 darts to move 4-1 up, finished 70 to win a fifth leg and sealed the win in 14 darts by checking out 84.

"It's a brilliant day's work," said Taylor, who averaged 113.54 in the final. "The win pretty much means I'll be in the Players Championship Finals later in the year, and it's great to keep my form up.

"When you look around the field and see the games going on elsewhere, you realise how hard each tournament is, so I'm really pleased to have won."

Taylor's nine-darter was his 15th in competition - following his recent effort in the McCoy's Premier League Darts in Aberdeen - and earns him a £400 bonus.

"It was special because it didn't involve a 180," he added. "I missed a couple of others too and it shows I'm playing well."

Newton produced his own fightback from 3-0 down as he hit back to defeat Gary Anderson 6-4 in the semi-finals, taking out finishes of 109, 105 and 127 in sealing the victory.

Newton picked up £3,000 on the day and also defeated Steve Evans, Brian Woods, Colin Lloyd, Connie Finnan and Mervyn King.

Emerging Belgian star Huybrechts saw off World Champion Adrian Lewis, world number three James Wade and five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld in his run to the quarter-finals before losing to Taylor.

Terry Jenkins, Dave Chisnall and Mervyn King joined Huybrechts in reaching the quarter-finals, while Alex Roy, Ronnie Baxter, Mark Webster, Brendan Dolan and Andy Smith were others to reach the last 16.

Play continues at Reading's Rivermead Centre with a further Players Championship on Sunday.

Players Championship 3
Rivermead Centre, Reading - Saturday March 10
First Round
Gary Anderson (1) Bye
Mareno Michels 6-4 Josh Jones
Alan Tabern (32) 6-4 Matt Clark
Dennis Smith 6-5 Magnus Caris
Kevin Painter (16) 6-3 Keegan Brown
Jason Crawley 6-4 Ted Hankey
Arron Monk 6-4 Michael van Gerwen (17)
Alex Roy 6-3 Mike Veitch
Dave Chisnall (Cool 6-2 Reece Robinson
William O'Connor 6-5 Andrew Gilding
Wayne Jones (25) 6-2 Paul Rowley
Andy Jenkins 6-2 Ross Smith
Ronnie Baxter (9) 6-1 Stephen Hardy
Andy Brown 6-5 Devon Petersen
Michael Barnard 6-2 Mark Hylton (24)
John Bowles 6-3 Andy Hamilton
Paul Nicholson (5) 6-1 Andrew Cornwall
Adrian Gray 6-2 Steve Hine
Jamie Lewis 6-1 Denis Ovens (28)
Darren Whittingham 6-4 Gino Vos
Mervyn King (12) 6-1 Jim Walker
Mark Jones 6-5 Jyhan Artut
Jamie Caven (21) 6-2 Terry Temple
Prakash Jiwa 6-4 Gareth Pass
Wes Newton (4) 6-3 Steve Evans
Brian Woods 6-4 Carlos Rodriguez
Colin Lloyd (29) 6-3 Gaz Cousins
Steve West 6-4 Dyson Parody
Colin Osborne (13) 6-3 Keith Stephen
Connie Finnan 6-1 Barrie Bates
Steve Beaton (20) 6-2 Mark Dudbridge
Nick Fullwell 6-4 Kevin Dowling
Justin Pipe (2) 6-5 Liam Kelly
Michael Smith 6-2 Ian Moss
Terry Jenkins (31) 6-4 Co Stompe
Matthew Edgar 6-2 Joe Cullen
Mark Walsh (15) 6-5 John Henderson
Jeff Smith 6-5 Nigel Heydon
Mark Webster (18) 6-3 Joe Murnan
Peter Hudson 6-1 Daniel Starkey
John Part (7) 6-3 Stuart Kellett
Brendan Dolan 6-3 James Hubbard
Scott Rand (26) 6-2 Mick Todd
Shaun Griffiths 6-5 Kirk Shepherd
Simon Whitlock (10) 6-1 Tony Littleton
Dean Winstanley 6-4 Jelle Klaasen
Kevin McDine 6-5 Steve Brown (23)
Chris Thompson 6-1 Bernd Roith
Gary Butcher 6-4 Vincent van der Voort (6)
Nigel Birch 6-5 Andy Relf
Raymond van Barneveld (27) 6-5 Michael Mansell
Steve Farmer 6-5 Paul Barham
Kim Huybrechts 6-4 James Wade (11)
Les Wallace 6-5 Ian Jopling
Adrian Lewis (22) 6-3 Steve Grubb
Johnny Haines 6-3 Matt Jackson
Phil Taylor (3) 6-1 James Richardson
Tony West 6-0 Paddy Meaney
Robert Thornton 6-1 Richie Burnett (30)
Ian White 6-1 Dave Smith
Richie Howson 6-5 Peter Wright (14)
Roland Scholten 6-5 Adam Smith-Neale
Andy Smith (19) 6-0 John Scott
Darren Johnson 6-2 Antonio Alcinas

Second Round
Gary Anderson 6-0 Mareno Michels
Dennis Smith 6-1 Alan Tabern
Jason Crawley 6-3 Kevin Painter
Alex Roy 6-0 Arron Monk
Dave Chisnall 6-5 William O'Connor
Wayne Jones 6-5 Andy Jenkins
Ronnie Baxter 6-0 Andy Brown
John Bowles 6-3 Michael Barnard
Paul Nicholson 6-5 Adrian Gray
Jamie Lewis 6-1 Darren Whittingham
Mervyn King 6-2 Mark Jones
Jamie Caven 6-4 Prakash Jiwa
Wes Newton 6-1 Brian Woods
Colin Lloyd 6-4 Steve West
Connie Finnan 6-5 Colin Osborne
Nick Fullwell 6-5 Steve Beaton
Michael Smith 6-2 Justin Pipe
Terry Jenkins 6-3 Matthew Edgar
Mark Walsh 6-2 Jeff Smith
Mark Webster 6-1 Peter Hudson
Brendan Dolan 6-2 John Part
Shaun Griffiths 6-3 Scott Rand
Simon Whitlock 6-1 Dean Winstanley
Kevin McDine 6-3 Chris Thompson
Gary Butcher 6-2 Nigel Birch
Raymond van Barneveld 6-3 Steve Farmer
Kim Huybrechts 6-5 Les Wallace
Adrian Lewis 6-4 Johnny Haines
Phil Taylor 6-1 Tony West - Phil Taylor hits nine-dart finish
Ian White 6-2 Robert Thornton
Richie Howson 6-3 Roland Scholten
Andy Smith 6-3 Darren Johnson
Losers £200

Third Round
Gary Anderson 6-4 Dennis Smith
Alex Roy 6-5 Jason Crawley
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Wayne Jones
Ronnie Baxter 6-3 John Bowles
Paul Nicholson 6-1 Jamie Lewis
Mervyn King 6-4 Jamie Caven
Wes Newton 6-2 Colin Lloyd
Connie Finnan 6-2 Nick Fullwell
Terry Jenkins 6-3 Michael Smith
Mark Webster 6-5 Mark Walsh
Brendan Dolan 6-5 Shaun Griffiths
Simon Whitlock 6-5 Kevin McDine
Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Gary Butcher
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Adrian Lewis
Phil Taylor 6-0 Ian White
Andy Smith 6-2 Richie Howson
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Gary Anderson 6-5 Alex Roy
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Ronnie Baxter
Mervyn King 6-1 Paul Nicholson
Wes Newton 6-3 Connie Finnan
Terry Jenkins 6-3 Mark Webster
Simon Whitlock 6-5 Brendan Dolan
Kim Huybrechts 6-5 Raymond van Barneveld
Phil Taylor 6-3 Andy Smith
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Gary Anderson 6-3 Dave Chisnall
Wes Newton 6-3 Mervyn King
Simon Whitlock 6-2 Terry Jenkins
Phil Taylor 6-1 Kim Huybrechts
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Wes Newton 6-4 Gary Anderson
Phil Taylor 6-1 Simon Whitlock
Losers £2,000

Final
Phil Taylor 6-1 Wes Newton
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Final - Leg-By-Leg
Wes Newton v Phil Taylor
0-0 - Wes Newton wins the bull and will throw first.
0-1 - Despite two 140s from Newton, Taylor is first to a finish and takes out 65 for a 14-darter to break throw immediately.
0-2 - Taylor scores 100, 140 and 180 before finishing double 16 for a 13-darter.
1-2 - Newton leaves 40 with a fine 139 score, and when Taylor misses the bull for a 121 checkout he lands double ten to get off the mark in 14 darts.
1-3 - Taylor scores 139, 137 and 180 to leave 45 after nine darts, and finishes double 16 for an 11-darter.
1-4 - Taylor opens with a 180, Newton also hits a maximum before the world number one lands another to set up a potential nine-darter, and although he misses a seventh treble 20 he returns to win the leg in 12 darts on double eight.
1-5 - Taylor finishes 70 on tops to move a leg away from victory.
1-6 - Taylor leaves 84 after 12 darts and, despite Newton hitting 133 to set up 40 the world number one takes out the combination in two darts for a 14-darter in sealing the win.
Final Averages: Wes Newton 101.70, Phil Taylor 113.54
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 12 Mar - 23:38:35

Chisnall Edges Out Taylor
11 Mar 2012
DAVE CHISNALL took a dramatic 6-5 victory over Phil Taylor to win Sunday's Players Championship in Reading, despite the world number one hitting a nine-dart finish for a second successive day.

Taylor followed up his perfect leg in Saturday's Players Championship with victory in the event, and came close to completing a flawless weekend 24 hours later.

He kicked off the day with a nine-darter in coming from behind against Peter Hudson in round one - hitting 180, 180 and a 141 finish to earn another £400 bonus - and also took victories over Jyhan Artut, Steve Evans, Brendan Dolan, James Wade and Kim Huybrechts to reach the final against Chisnall.

The St Helens ace evoked memories of his World Championship victory over Taylor in December by coming from 2-1 down early on to win three straight legs and lead 4-2 as the Stoke legend faltered on his doubles.

Taylor hit back with legs of 13, 12 and 14 darts to move 5-4 up, with Chisnall finishing a pressure 92 to send the game into a deciding leg.

Taylor was first to a finish, but opted against throwing for the bull on a 161 combination, and then missed three darts at double 16 as Chisnall stepped in to land double 18 for the triumph.

The win was Chisnall's second on the PDC ProTour in the past six months, and puts him a step closer to qualification through the ProTour Order of Merit for the likes of the World Matchplay, European Championship and World Grand Prix.

"It feels good beating Phil after what happened at the World Championship," said Chisnall. "He could have won this game but he missed a couple of doubles there and I took my chances.

"This time last year I would have lost a few of the games that I won today but I'm getting stronger and getting better.

"I've done well so far this year and felt good coming into this event. My goal again this year is to get into all the TV events and this win pushes me on a little bit further."

Chisnall opened the day with wins over Canada's Jeff Smith, Holland's Co Stompe and experienced star Dennis Smith before dropping only one leg in victories against McCoy's Premier League Darts stars Simon Whitlock and Andy Hamilton.

He then defeated Steve Beaton 6-5 in the semis, hitting a 14-darter in the deciding leg to win through to the final.

Huybrechts' run to the semis means that the Belgian has reached at least the quarter-finals in four of the six ProTour events held this year since he also made the last eight in the World Championship.

Beaton enjoyed his best run since November as he reached the semis, while Derby's Jamie Caven produced his best form since October as he won through to the quarter-finals before missing on dart to defeat the former World Champion in the deciding leg.

World number three James Wade, five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld and World Championship finalist Andy Hamilton also reached the quarter-finals, and newcomer Liam Kelly made the last 16 for the first time as a professional.

Saturday's runner-up Wes Newton was defeated by Beaton in the last 16, while World Champion Adrian Lewis went out to Mervyn King in the first round.

Players Championship 4
Sunday March 11, Rivermead Centre, Reading
First Round
Gary Anderson (1) Bye
James Hubbard 6-3 Kirk Shepherd
Richie Burnett (32) 6-5 Matt Clark
Richie Howson 6-5 Adrian Gray
Kevin Painter (16) 6-5 Dave Smith
Andy Hamilton 6-1 Gaz Cousins
Michael van Gerwen (17) 6-4 Michael Barnard
Bernd Roith 6-5 John Henderson
Dave Chisnall (Cool 6-1 Jeff Smith
Co Stompe 6-5 Mark Jones
Dennis Smith 6-2 Colin Lloyd (25)
Andy Jenkins 6-3 Paul Barham
Simon Whitlock (9) 6-0 Nigel Birch
Jelle Klaasen 6-1 Jamie Lewis
Mark Hylton (24) 6-5 Stuart Kellett
Tony Littleton 6-5 Keegan Brown
Paul Nicholson (5) 6-2 Kevin McDine
Ross Smith 6-2 Steve Hine
Denis Ovens (28) 6-4 Mick Todd
John Bowles 6-4 Magnus Caris
Mervyn King (12) 6-2 Adrian Lewis
Brian Woods 6-4 Ian White
Jamie Caven (21) 6-3 Mark Dudbridge
Andrew Gilding 6-1 Steve Grubb
Wes Newton (4) 6-5 Shaun Griffiths
Steve West 6-2 Kevin Dowling
James Richardson 6-5 Terry Jenkins (29)
Joe Murnan 6-4 Antonio Alcinas
Colin Osborne (13) 6-1 Dyson Parody
William O'Connor 6-3 Andy Relf
Steve Beaton (20) 6-2 Mareno Michels
Chris Thompson 6-0 Les Wallace
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Justin Pipe (2)
Steve Farmer 6-3 Mike Veitch
Michael Smith (31) 6-4 Arron Monk
Reece Robinson 6-3 Daniel Starkey
Robert Thornton 6-1 Mark Walsh (15)
Connie Finnan 6-2 Prakash Jiwa
Mark Webster (18) 6-4 Joe Cullen
Gino Vos 6-3 Gareth Pass
Ted Hankey 6-4 Vincent van der Voort (7)
Nigel Heydon 6-5 Matthew Edgar
Scott Rand (26) 6-1 Josh Jones
Liam Kelly 6-5 Alex Roy
Ronnie Baxter (10) 6-2 Carlos Rodriguez
Jim Walker 6-4 Andrew Cornwall
Raymond van Barneveld (23) 6-5 Dean Winstanley
Paul Rowley 6-1 Barrie Bates
John Part (6) 6-1 Ian Moss
Keith Stephen 6-2 Gary Butcher
Steve Brown (27) 6-5 Nick Fullwell
Darren Johnson 6-3 Terry Temple
James Wade (11) 6-4 Jason Crawley
Michael Mansell 6-2 Roland Scholten
Tony West 6-2 Wayne Jones (22)
Johnny Haines 6-2 Andy Brown
Phil Taylor (3) 6-4 Peter Hudson - Phil Taylor hits nine-dart finish
Jyhan Artut 6-5 Devon Petersen
Ian Jopling 6-5 Alan Tabern (30)
Steve Evans 6-5 Darren Whittingham
Peter Wright (14) 6-2 Adam Smith-Neale
Paddy Meaney 6-1 John Scott
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Andy Smith (19)
Stephen Hardy 6-3 Matt Jackson

Second Round
Gary Anderson 6-2 James Hubbard
Richie Howson 6-4 Richie Burnett
Andy Hamilton 6-3 Kevin Painter
Michael van Gerwen 6-3 Bernd Roith
Dave Chisnall 6-4 Co Stompe
Dennis Smith 6-3 Andy Jenkins
Simon Whitlock 6-1 Jelle Klaasen
Mark Hylton 6-2 Tony Littleton
Paul Nicholson 6-4 Ross Smith
John Bowles 6-3 Denis Ovens
Brian Woods 6-3 Mervyn King
Jamie Caven 6-3 Andrew Gilding
Wes Newton 6-3 Steve West
James Richardson 6-3 Joe Murnan
Colin Osborne 6-4 William O'Connor
Steve Beaton 6-1 Chris Thompson
Kim Huybrechts 6-0 Steve Farmer
Michael Smith 6-2 Reece Robinson
Connie Finnan 6-5 Robert Thornton
Mark Webster 6-2 Gino Vos
Ted Hankey 6-1 Nigel Heydon
Liam Kelly 6-5 Scott Rand
Ronnie Baxter 6-0 Jim Walker
Raymond van Barneveld 6-3 Paul Rowley
John Part 6-4 Keith Stephen
Steve Brown 6-3 Darren Johnson
James Wade 6-5 Michael Mansell
Tony West 6-3 Johnny Haines
Phil Taylor 6-3 Jyhan Artut
Steve Evans 6-3 Ian Jopling
Peter Wright 6-1 Paddy Meaney
Brendan Dolan 6-1 Stephen Hardy
Losers £200

Third Round
Gary Anderson 6-0 Richie Howson
Andy Hamilton 6-5 Michael van Gerwen
Dave Chisnall 6-5 Dennis Smith
Simon Whitlock 6-2 Mark Hylton
Paul Nicholson 6-4 John Bowles
Jamie Caven 6-3 Brian Woods
Wes Newton 6-3 James Richardson
Steve Beaton 6-4 Colin Osborne
Kim Huybrechts 6-5 Michael Smith
Mark Webster 6-4 Connie Finnan
Liam Kelly 6-0 Ted Hankey
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Ronnie Baxter
John Part 6-5 Steve Brown
James Wade 6-4 Tony West
Phil Taylor 6-2 Steve Evans
Brendan Dolan 6-3 Peter Wright
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Andy Hamilton 6-5 Gary Anderson
Dave Chisnall 6-1 Simon Whitlock
Jamie Caven 6-4 Paul Nicholson
Steve Beaton 6-3 Wes Newton
Kim Huybrechts 6-4 Mark Webster
Raymond van Barneveld 6-3 Liam Kelly
James Wade 6-5 John Part
Phil Taylor 6-0 Brendan Dolan
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Dave Chisnall 6-0 Andy Hamilton
Steve Beaton 6-5 Jamie Caven
Kim Huybrechts 6-5 Raymond van Barneveld
Phil Taylor 6-4 James Wade
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Dave Chisnall 6-5 Steve Beaton
Phil Taylor 6-4 Kim Huybrechts
Losers £2,000

Final
Dave Chisnall 6-5 Phil Taylor
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Final - Leg-By-Leg
Dave Chisnall v Phil Taylor
0-0 - Phil Taylor wins the bull and will throw first.
1-0 - Chisnall opens with three 140s and finishes 81 on double 12 for a 12-darter to break throw.
1-1 - Taylor misses tops to break back but returns following a miss at the same bed from Chisnall to level.
1-2 - Taylor opens with two 140s, and finishes double eight at the fourth time of asking to take the lead.
2-2 - The pair open with three 100s each, with Chisnall posting a 140 and Taylor adding a 130 before both miss doubles, allowing the St Helens ace back in on double two to square the match.
3-2 - Taylor kicks off with a 174 but misses double 16 for a 109 finish and Chisnall lands double nine to break with a 14-darter.
4-2 - Taylor scores 136, 180 and 137 but misses two darts at double 16 and Chisnall finishes 72 in two darts for another 14-dart finish.
4-3 - Both players leave a finish under after nine darts, but Taylor wins the leg with double 18 for a 13-darter.
4-4 - Taylor breaks with a brilliant 12-darter, which includes a 177 and is finished as he checks out 126 on double six.
4-5 - Taylor is first to a finish but misses the bull for a 167, only for Chisnall to miss the same bed for a 132 finish, allowing Taylor back to complete a 14-darter on double eight.
5-5 - Chisnall opens with a 180, but Taylor hits two 140s to leave 42 - only for Chisnall to hold his nerve with a superb 92 of bull, single six and double 18 to force a deciding leg.
6-5 - Taylor leaves 161 after nine darts, with Chisnall leaving 16. Taylor opts not to throw for the bull on the combination, leaving 32 but - after Chisnall misses the 167 and leaves 36 - the world number on misses three darts at double 16, allowing Chisnall in to hit double 16 with his third dart to claim victory.
Final Match Averages: Dave Chisnall 101.20, Phil Taylor 104.44
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 25 Mar - 9:41:08

Taylor Claims Qualifier Three Win

PHIL TAYLOR took victory in the third Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier with a 6-2 defeat of Brendan Dolan in Saturday's final at the Barnsley Metrodome.

The 15-time World Champion and world number one created a further slice of history with his 60th career PDC ProTour win, having only competed in 100 of the PDC's non-televised tournaments which were introduced in 2002.

The victory also secures his place in June's Speedy Services UK Open televised finals in Bolton, and saw him pick up £6,000 in prize money.

He had to endure some nervous moments early on, edging out Irishman Keith Rooney 6-5 in the first round and defeating Steven Pearson 6-3 in the last 64, before dropping only one leg in wins over young duo Adam Hunt and James Hubbard to reach the quarter-finals.

Taylor had to come from 3-0 down against Colin Lloyd before taking a 6-5 win over the former World Matchplay champion, who missed the bull to take victory himself in the deciding leg.

Taylor then swept to victory by following up his 6-2 semi-final win over emerging star Michael Smith with a triumph by the same scoreline against Dolan in the final.

Dolan actually led in the repeat of last year's World Grand Prix final, with Taylor taking the opening leg with an 80 finish before the Northern Ireland ace finished a 14-darter to level and broke on double eight.

He would, though, be punished for missing double 16 for a 102 finish in the next for a 3-1 lead as Taylor took out double eight to level with a 14-darter.

Taylor then hit back-to-back 12-dart finishes to move 4-2 up, finished double eight for a 14-darter to edge towards victory and then hit a 180 before landing double four to secure the win.

Dolan's run saw him reach his first PDC ProTour final since October 2009, and included a 6-4 semi-final win over Brierley Hill's Mark Jones and a quarter-final triumph against five-time World Champion Raymond van Barneveld by the same scoreline.

He also overcame reigning McCoy's Premier League Darts champion Gary Anderson on the day, and takes home £3,000 prize money.

West Midlands thrower Jones enjoyed a superb run to reach his first professional semi-final, defeating Dutch pair Jelle Klaasen and Vincent van der Voort in the latter stages, and was joined by the last four by St Helens' Michael Smith, who came from 5-3 down to defeat Andy Smith in the quarters.

Shropshire's Steve Farmer became the latest member of the PDC's Nine-Dart Club after achieving a perfect leg - the sixth in a PDC event this year - during his first round win over Andy Relf, earning him a £400 bonus.

He was almost forced to share the bonus with Stoke's Ian White, who hit a nine-dart finish in Benidorm in January but agonisingly missed double 12 for another perfect leg in the first round against Peter Wright.

Sunday sees the fourth UK Open Qualifier held at the Barnsley Metrodome, with a further £35,000 on offer.

Qualifying events for amateur players will also be held, with both the Speedy Qualifiers and Rileys Qualifiers to be held in April and May to offer 32 places each in the televised finals.

Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier Three
Preliminary Round
Brendan Dolan 6-1 Christopher Dale
Nick Fullwell 6-0 Joe Thompson
Mick McGowan 6-3 Ian Jopling
Aaron Turner 6-4 Darren Whittingham
Mark Dudbridge 6-5 Co Stompe
Andrew Cornwall 6-1 Andy Turnbull
Peter Hudson 6-4 Dave Smith
Stuart White 6-0 Stefanie Luck
Steve Maish 6-2 Darren Latham
Steve West 6-0 Gaz Cousins
Andy Hamilton 6-2 John Henderson
Steve Brown 6-4 James Richardson
Barrie Bates 6-1 Joe Murnan
Wes Newton 6-3 Peter Evison
Brian Woods 6-1 Lee Butler
Adrian Gray 6-1 Matthew Dicken
Stuart Kellett 6-1 Chris Aubrey
Michael van Gerwen 6-1 Geoff Whitworth
Kim Huybrechts 6-1 Lee White
Scott Rand 6-1 Sam Hill
Chris Thompson 6-4 Andy Hodges
Devon Petersen 6-2 Jyhan Artut
Wayne Jones 6-5 Mark Hylton
Darren Webster 6-3 Kurt Van De Rijck
Steve Hine 6-3 Simon Whitlock
Michael Mansell 6-2 Steven Clews
Vincent van der Voort 6-2 Neville Roberts
Gareth Pass 6-3 Daniel Starkey
Jimmy Mann 6-5 Reece Robinson
Mark Jones 6-1 Martino Tagliapietra
Connie Finnan 6-2 Chris Mason
Prakash Jiwa 6-1 Steven Barrow
Gino Vos 6-2 Kevin McDine
Andrew Palmer 6-5 Ryan Harrington
Jamie Lewis 6-4 Colin Osborne
Nigel Birch 6-3 John Part
Carlos Rodriguez 6-0 John Walton
Michael Smith 6-5 Magnus Caris
Denis Ovens 6-4 Andrew Hibbert
Mark Stephenson 6-5 Jerry Hendriks
Steve Grubb 6-2 Dennis Smith
Dean Winstanley 6-2 Kevin Dowling
Joe Cullen 6-1 Kevin Painter
Alan Tabern 6-5 Alex Roy
Johnny Haines 6-1 Anthony Littleton
Dennis Priestley 6-5 Darren Williams
Bernd Roith 6-5 Andy Firth
Andy Smith 6-5 Paul Rowley
Justin Pipe 6-1 Peter Manley
Daniel Day 6-5 Stuart Woodmore
Matt Clark 6-4 Matt Padgett
Mark Walsh 6-0 Brandon Walsh
Patrick Pace 6-0 James Young
Mark Webster 6-1 Mike Veitch
Colin Lloyd 6-3 Shaun Griffiths
Terry Temple 6-5 Mark Lawrence
David Nelson 6-2 John Scott
Tony West 6-1 Dave Chisnall
James Hubbard 6-0 Dave Ladley
Keith Stephen 6-3 Andy Brown
Adam Hunt 6-3 Scott Coleman
Ian Moss 6-1 Antonio Alcinas
Richie Burnett 6-4 Terry Jenkins

First Round
Gary Anderson 6-2 Toon Greebe
Nigel Heydon 6-4 Robert Thornton
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Nick Fullwell
Mick McGowan 6-4 Aaron Turner
Dylan Duo 6-2 Josh Jones
Joey Palfreyman 6-4 Tony Tasker
Andrew Cornwall 6-4 Mark Dudbridge
Stuart White 6-0 Peter Hudson
Ian White 6-4 Peter Wright
Adrian Lewis 6-1 Adrian Bolitho
Steve Maish 6-3 Steve West
Andy Hamilton 6-0 Steve Brown
Paul Nicholson 6-5 Matthew Tedstone
Raymond van Barneveld 6-5 Liam Kelly
Barrie Bates 6-5 Wes Newton
Adrian Gray 6-4 Brian Woods
Jelle Klaasen 6-5 Dave Honey
Damien Sherwood 6-0 Ian Lever
Michael van Gerwen 6-4 Stuart Kellett
Kim Huybrechts 6-2 Scott Rand
Ronnie Baxter 6-0 Norman Fletcher
Adam Smith-Neale 6-1 Karl Forrington
Devon Petersen 6-5 Chris Thompson
Darren Webster 6-2 Wayne Jones
Philip Wathen 6-1 Jamie Guilfoyle
Stephen Hardy 6-4 Lee Whitworth
Steve Hine 6-2 Michael Mansell
Vincent van der Voort 6-1 Gareth Pass
Darren Johnson 6-5 Jamie Caven
Jason Crawley 6-5 Arron Monk
Mark Jones 6-5 Jimmy Mann
Prakash Jiwa 6-5 Connie Finnan
Dyson Parody 6-4 Martin Whatmough
Mick Todd 6-4 Andy Pearce
Gino Vos 6-4 Andrew Palmer
Jamie Lewis 6-4 Nigel Birch
Andrew Gilding 6-3 Matthew Edgar
Ted Hankey 6-2 Jack Hill
Michael Smith 6-1 Carlos Rodriguez
Mark Stephenson 6-1 Denis Ovens
Aden Kirk 6-5 Fred Smith
Steve Farmer 6-1 Andy Relf - Steve Farmer hits nine-dart finish
Dean Winstanley 6-1 Steve Grubb
Alan Tabern 6-5 Joe Cullen
Steve Evans 6-4 Simon Burt
Mareno Michels 6-0 Mark Frost
Dennis Priestley 6-5 Johnny Haines
Andy Smith 6-3 Bernd Roith
Ross Smith 6-5 Tom Jones
Steve Beaton 6-5 Mark Jodrill
Justin Pipe 6-3 Daniel Day
Mark Walsh 6-1 Matt Clark
William O'Connor 6-5 Gary Butcher
Mervyn King 6-2 Les Wallace
Mark Webster 6-3 Patrick Pace
Colin Lloyd 6-0 Terry Temple
Roland Scholten 6-5 Michael Barnard
Jim Walker 6-1 Daniel Bunker
Tony West 6-0 David Nelson
James Hubbard 6-3 Keith Stephen
Stephen Pearson 6-4 Paul Barham
Phil Taylor 6-5 Keith Rooney
Adam Hunt 6-3 Martyn Turner
Richie Burnett 6-0 Ian Moss

Second Round
Gary Anderson 6-2 Nigel Heydon
Brendan Dolan 6-2 Mick McGowan
Joey Palfreyman 6-3 Dylan Duo
Stuart White 6-3 Andrew Cornwall
Adrian Lewis 6-4 Ian White
Steve Maish 6-4 Andy Hamilton
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Paul Nicholson
Adrian Gray 6-2 Barrie Bates
Jelle Klaasen 6-3 Damien Sherwood
Michael van Gerwen 6-4 Kim Huybrechts
Ronnie Baxter 6-3 Adam Smith-Neale
Darren Webster 6-4 Devon Petersen
Stephen Hardy 6-1 Philip Wathen
Vincent van der Voort 6-4 Steve Hine
Darren Johnson 6-3 Jason Crawley
Mark Jones 6-4 Prakash Jiwa
Dyson Parody 6-5 Mick Todd
Jamie Lewis 6-2 Gino Vos
Ted Hankey 6-5 Andrew Gilding
Michael Smith 6-0 Mark Stephenson
Steve Farmer 6-2 Aden Kirk
Dean Winstanley 6-1 Alan Tabern
Steve Evans 6-5 Mareno Michels
Andy Smith 6-2 Dennis Priestley
Steve Beaton 6-4 Ross Smith
Justin Pipe 6-4 Mark Walsh
Mervyn King 6-4 William O'Connor
Colin Lloyd 6-4 Mark Webster
Jim Walker 6-1 Roland Scholten
James Hubbard 6-5 Tony West
Phil Taylor 6-3 Steven Pearson
Adam Hunt 6-4 Richie Burnett
Losers £200

Third Round
Brendan Dolan 6-2 Gary Anderson
Stuart White 6-3 Joey Palfreyman
Steve Maish 6-4 Adrian Lewis
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Adrian Gray
Jelle Klaasen 6-3 Michael van Gerwen
Darren Webster 6-5 Ronnie Baxter
Vincent van der Voort 6-2 Stephen Hardy
Mark Jones 6-5 Darren Johnson
Dyson Parody 6-2 Jamie Lewis
Michael Smith 6-1 Ted Hankey
Steve Farmer 6-5 Dean Winstanley
Andy Smith 6-1 Steve Evans
Justin Pipe 6-2 Steve Beaton
Colin Lloyd 6-4 Mervyn King
James Hubbard 6-3 Jim Walker
Phil Taylor 6-0 Adam Hunt
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Brendan Dolan 6-2 Stuart White
Raymond van Barneveld 6-3 Steve Maish
Jelle Klaasen 6-1 Darren Webster
Mark Jones 6-0 Vincent van der Voort
Michael Smith 6-4 Dyson Parody
Andy Smith 6-1 Steve Farmer
Colin Lloyd 6-3 Justin Pipe
Phil Taylor 6-1 James Hubbard
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Raymond van Barneveld
Mark Jones 6-4 Jelle Klaasen
Michael Smith 6-5 Andy Smith
Phil Taylor 6-5 Colin Lloyd
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Mark Jones
Phil Taylor 6-2 Michael Smith
Losers £2,000

Final
Phil Taylor 6-2 Brendan Dolan
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Final - Leg-By-Leg
0-1 - Taylor finishes 80 on tops for the opening leg.
1-1 - Dolan opens with 136, 140 and 99 to be first to a finish, and lands double ten for a 14-darter to level.
2-1 - Dolan hits two 140s and a ton but misses the bull for a 121 checkout, only for Taylor to then be off-target on tops for a 70 to allow the Northern Irish ace in on double eight,
2-2 - Dolan lands another pair of 140s, with Taylor replying with scores of 140 and 134 to leave 32, and when Dolan misses double 16 for a 102 finish Taylor breaks back on double eight for a 14-darter.
2-3 - Taylor regains the lead in brilliant fashion, hitting 140, 140 and 100 to leave 121, which he takes out on double eight for a 12-darter.
2-4 - Taylor hits a second successive 12-darter to break throw, hitting 139, 177, 140 and double 16.
2-5 - Taylor continues his high scoring by hitting 140, 140 and 137, and takes out double eight for a 14-dart leg.
2-6 - Taylor lands his first 180 of the final and follows that with a 140 to leave 96, only to miss two match darts. Dolan cannot finish 109 and Taylor returns to hit double four for victory.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 26 Mar - 6:47:40

Taylor Completes Qualifying Double
25 Mar 2012
PHIL TAYLOR completed a brilliant weekend double of victories in the Speedy Services UK Open Qualifiers in Barnsley by defeating Dennis Smith 6-3 in Sunday's final.

The world number one claimed his second £6,000 first prize of the weekend, and won his third final in the last four events as he continued an amazing run of form which has also see him remain unbeaten in the first seven weeks of the McCoy's Premier League Darts.

Fittingly, Taylor dedicated the victory to the memory of two-time World Champion Jocky Wilson, who passed away on Saturday evening and was a former Pairs partner of the Stoke great.

Taylor's victories in Barnsley ensure that he will be amongst the top seeds for June's UK Open televised finals in Bolton, when the leading qualifiers from the UK Open Order of Merit following eight events enter 'The FA Cup of Darts' at the third round stage.

"The main objective for me was to come here and qualify for Bolton, and I've done that," said Taylor, who did not play in the first two Qualifiers in February.

"I've got to be honest that I didn't expect to win both tournaments but I'm very pleased for Dennis. He got beaten in the first round on Saturday but today he dug in and he's made the final.

"Both him and Dennis Priestley have now qualified for Bolton and that's what we're here for, and I'm chuffed for them."

Taylor dedicated the win to the memory of Jocky Wilson, and said: "That's for Jocky.

"He was my Pairs partner for many years and I loved him to bits. We used to have a lot to do with each other, I'm gutted.

"I've got a lot of good memories about Jocky and he's one of those people that when you mention his name it brings a big smile to your face.

"He was a great character and I'm going to miss him. I missed him anyway but I'm going to celebrate Jocky's life."

Taylor began the day in superb fashion, dropping only one leg in wins over former World Championship qualifiers Mark Stephenson and Steve Hine before defeating Michael van Gerwen and Stuart Kellett 6-3.

He then saw off South African ace Devon Petersen 6-1 to reach the quarter-finals, where he overcame long-standing rival Raymond van Barneveld 6-4.

Taylor then enjoyed a 6-1 win over PDC newcomer Dean Winstanley in the semis before defeating experienced rival Smith in the final.

Taylor initially led 3-0, opening the game with back-to-back 13-dart legs and finishing double four to take the third.

Smith hit back to level by taking the next three, which included a superb bullseye checkout to complete a 121 combination for a 12-dart break of throw.

After Taylor regained the lead with a 14-darter in the seventh, Smith crucially missed four darts at double 16 to level as the Stoke great finished 62 in two darts to lead 5-3 and landed another 14-dart finish to secure the victory.

The tournament was preceded by a minute's applause in memory of the late Jocky Wilson, who passed away on Saturday.

More to follow...

Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier Four
Preliminary Round
Anthony Littleton 6-2 Toon Greebe
Dyson Parody 6-3 Dave Honey
Adam Smith-Neale 6-2 Christopher Dale
Simon Whitlock 6-3 Kevin Dowling
Dennis Smith 6-4 Matthew Edgar
Andy Relf 6-2 Keith Rooney
John Part 6-1 Mark Jodrill
Peter Hudson 6-4 Matthew Dicken
Steven Clews 6-5 Matt Clark
Richie Howson 6-2 Andrew Gilding
Liam Kelly 6-5 Arron Monk
Prakash Jiwa 6-3 Steve Beaton
Mark Dudbridge 6-4 Terry Jenkins
Robert Thornton 6-0 Norman Fletcher
Mark Walsh 6-0 Joey Palfreyman
Tony West 6-0 Dave Ladley
Kim Huybrechts 6-0 Joe Thompson
Justin Pipe 6-2 Jack Hill
Joe Murnan 6-4 Mick McGowan
Steve Farmer 6-3 Kevin McDine
Co Stompe 6-1 Adrian Bolitho
Magnus Caris 6-3 Peter Evison
Johnny Haines 6-0 James Stoneley
John Scott 6-4 Scott Rand
Darren Webster 6-4 Patrick Pace
Simon Burt 6-5 Mick Todd
Paul Nicholson 6-2 Sam Hill
Richie Burnett 6-5 Michael Barnard - Richie Burnett hits nine-dart finish.
Ian White 6-1 Martyn Turner
Gaz Cousins 6-3 Dylan Duo
Antonio Alcinas 6-5 Jamie Caven
Mervyn King 6-0 Damien Sherwood
Alan Tabern 6-3 Dave Smith
Dennis Priestley 6-4 Jelle Klaasen
Matt Padgett 6-2 Philip Wathen
Jerry Hendriks 6-0 Lee Butler
Devon Petersen 6-3 Stuart White
Michael Mansell 6-5 Nigel Heydon
Kevin Painter 6-5 Denis Ovens
Michael van Gerwen 6-2 Lee Whitworth
Steve Hine 6-2 Scott Coleman
Phil Taylor 6-0 Mark Stephenson
Jimmy Mann 6-2 Stuart Woodmore
Martino Tagliapietra 6-0 Darren Williams
Mark Lawrence 6-5 Martin Whatmough
Wes Newton 6-2 Mark Hylton
Andrew Palmer 6-5 Mark Frost
Joe Cullen 6-4 Les Wallace
Dave Chisnall 6-1 Ian Moss
Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Andy Pearce
Darren Johnson 6-2 Daniel Day
William O'Connor 6-5 Peter Manley
Jason Crawley 6-5 Stephen Hardy
John Henderson 6-2 Aaron Turner
Darren Latham 6-5 Gary Butcher
Terry Temple 6-0 Geoff Whitworth
Steve Grubb 6-1 Steven Pearson
Fred Smith 6-4 Paul Barham
Kurt Van De Rijck 6-4 Jim Walker
Mareno Michels 6-3 Nick Fullwell
Jamie Lewis 6-5 Jyhan Artut
Dean Winstanley 6-5 Mike Veitch
Daniel Starkey 6-5 James Young
Brandon Walsh Bye (Chris Mason withdrew)
Steve Maish 6-1 Ian Jopling
Mark Jones 6-0 Ian Lever

First Round
Michael Smith 6-5 Vincent van der Voort
Anthony Littleton 6-3 Steven Barrow
Adam Smith-Neale 6-5 Dyson Parody
Dennis Smith 6-5 Simon Whitlock
Matthew Tedstone 6-3 Josh Jones
Colin Osborne 6-4 Lee White
John Part 6-2 Andy Relf
Peter Hudson 6-4 Steven Clews
Gino Vos 6-2 Tony Tasker
Connie Finnan 6-5 Paul Rowley
Liam Kelly 6-2 Richie Howson
Prakash Jiwa 6-4 Mark Dudbridge
Gary Anderson 6-2 Brian Woods
Andy Brown 6-3 Andy Turnbull
Mark Walsh 6-3 Robert Thornton
Kim Huybrechts 6-1 Tony West
Roland Scholten 6-5 James Richardson
Justin Pipe 6-3 Ted Hankey
Joe Murnan 6-2 Steve Farmer
Co Stompe 6-4 Magnus Caris
Reece Robinson 6-2 Andy Hodges
Chris Thompson 6-3 Andy Firth
Johnny Haines 6-4 John Scott
Darren Webster 6-5 Simon Burt
Nigel Birch 6-2 Daniel Bunker
James Hubbard 6-1 Barrie Bates
Richie Burnett 6-3 Paul Nicholson
Gaz Cousins 6-3 Ian White
Karl Forrington 6-3 Aden Kirk
Wayne Jones 6-1 Ryan Harrington
Antonio Alcinas 6-5 Mervyn King
Dennis Priestley 6-1 Alan Tabern
Andy Hamilton 6-5 Shaun Griffiths
Adam Hunt 6-5 Jamie Guilfoyle
Jerry Hendriks 6-5 Matt Padgett
Devon Petersen 6-4 Michael Mansell
Adrian Gray 6-5 Ross Smith
Stuart Kellett 6-0 Tom Jones
Michael van Gerwen 6-0 Kevin Painter
Phil Taylor 6-1 Steve Hine
Steve West 6-1 John Walton
Ronnie Baxter 6-1 David Nelson
Jimmy Mann 6-1 Martino Tagliapietra
Wes Newton 6-1 Mark Lawrence
Mark Webster 6-3 Gareth Pass
Andrew Hibbert 6-1 Stefanie Luck
Joe Cullen 6-1 Andrew Palmer
Raymond van Barneveld 6-5 Dave Chisnall
Peter Wright 6-3 Carlos Rodriguez
Adrian Lewis 6-1 Chris Aubrey
William O'Connor 6-5 Darren Johnson
Jason Crawley 6-0 John Henderson
Bernd Roith 6-0 Neville Roberts
Keith Stephen 6-4 Steve Evans
Terry Temple 6-1 Darren Latham
Fred Smith 6-4 Steve Grubb
Brendan Dolan 6-2 Colin Lloyd
Steve Brown 6-0 Paul Hodkin
Mareno Michels 6-3 Kurt Van De Rijck
Dean Winstanley 6-5 Jamie Lewis
Andy Smith 6-5 Andrew Cornwall
Alex Roy 6-4 Darren Whittingham
Brandon Walsh 6-5 Daniel Starkey
Mark Jones 6-2 Steve Maish

Second Round
Michael Smith 6-3 Anthony Littleton
Dennis Smith 6-4 Adam Smith-Neale
Colin Osborne 6-1 Matthew Tedstone
Peter Hudson 6-3 John Part
Connie Finnan 6-1 Gino Vos
Prakash Jiwa 6-1 Liam Kelly
Gary Anderson 6-0 Andy Brown
Kim Huybrechts 6-4 Mark Walsh
Justin Pipe 6-0 Roland Scholten
Co Stompe 6-2 Joe Murnan
Chris Thompson 6-3 Reece Robinson
Darren Webster 6-1 Johnny Haines
James Hubbard 6-5 Nigel Birch
Richie Burnett 6-3 Gaz Cousins
Wayne Jones 6-2 Karl Forrington
Dennis Priestley 6-5 Antonio Alcinas
Adam Hunt 6-4 Andy Hamilton
Devon Petersen 6-3 Jerry Hendriks
Stuart Kellett 6-1 Adrian Gray
Phil Taylor 6-3 Michael van Gerwen
Ronnie Baxter 6-3 Steve West
Wes Newton 6-5 Jimmy Mann
Mark Webster 6-1 Andrew Hibbert
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Joe Cullen
Adrian Lewis 6-5 Peter Wright
Jason Crawley 6-3 William O'Connor
Keith Stephen 6-3 Bernd Roith
Terry Temple 6-3 Fred Smith
Brendan Dolan 6-4 Steve Brown
Dean Winstanley 6-1 Mareno Michels
Andy Smith 6-1 Alex Roy
Mark Jones 6-2 Brandon Walsh
Losers £200

Third Round
Dennis Smith 6-5 Michael Smith
Colin Osborne 6-4 Peter Hudson
Prakash Jiwa 6-4 Connie Finnan
Gary Anderson 6-4 Kim Huybrechts
Justin Pipe 6-4 Co Stompe
Darren Webster 6-3 Chris Thompson
Richie Burnett 6-0 James Hubbard
Dennis Priestley 6-0 Wayne Jones
Devon Petersen 6-2 Adam Hunt
Phil Taylor 6-3 Stuart Kellett
Wes Newton 6-2 Ronnie Baxter
Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Mark Webster
Adrian Lewis 6-2 Jason Crawley
Terry Temple 6-2 Keith Stephen
Dean Winstanley 6-3 Brendan Dolan
Andy Smith 6-4 Mark Jones
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Dennis Smith 6-1 Colin Osborne
Prakash Jiwa 6-4 Gary Anderson
Darren Webster 6-5 Justin Pipe
Dennis Priestley 6-5 Richie Burnett
Phil Taylor 6-1 Devon Petersen
Raymond van Barneveld 6-5 Wes Newton
Terry Temple 6-5 Adrian Lewis
Dean Winstanley 6-5 Andy Smith
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Dennis Smith 6-1 Prakash Jiwa
Dennis Priestley 6-5 Darren Webster
Phil Taylor 6-4 Raymond van Barneveld
Dean Winstanley 6-2 Terry Temple
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Dennis Smith 6-5 Dennis Priestley
Phil Taylor 6-1 Dean Winstanley
Losers £2,000

Final
Phil Taylor 6-3 Dennis Smith
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Final - Leg-By-Leg
0-1 - Taylor opens with a 177 and lands tops for a 13-darter to win the first leg.
0-2 - Taylor applauds a 140 from Smith before hitting back-to-back 180s to leave 48 after nine darts. He misses two darts at double 16 to break but when Smith cannot finish 124 he hits double 16 for another 13-darter.
0-3 - Taylor hits two 140s and lands double four to win the leg, despite pressure from Smith who hits a 180 to leave 98.
1-3 - The pair trade 180s, with Smith leaving 83 following his maximum. Taylor also hits a 140 to leave 81, with both players missing the bull before Smith hits double eight for a 14-darter.
2-3 - Smith hits another maximum, and breaks with a superb 121 checkout which he finishes on the bull for a 12-dart leg.
3-3 - Smith levels, initially missing double 12 in double nine for a 101 finish before returning to land double three at the first time of asking.
3-4 - Taylor opens with two 140s and finishes 78 in two darts for a 14-darter to regain the lead.
3-5 - Smith is first to a finish but misses four darts at double 16 and Taylor breaks by finishing 62 in two darts.
3-6 - Taylor scores 140, 100 and 100 to be first to a finish, opts not to throw for the bull on a 161 finish and lands double 16 for a 14-darter to take the win.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 15 Apr - 19:50:31

Nine-Dart Barney's Barnsley Win
14 Apr 2012
RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD hit a nine-dart finish on his way to winning Saturday's Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier Five at the Barnsley Metrodome, where he defeated Andy Smith 6-3.

The Dutchman secured his first ProTour victory since last September by claiming the £6,000 title, and also earned a £400 bonus for his nine-dart finish, which sealed a third round win over Michael Barnard.

He had also defeated Sam Hill and Mareno Michels before that triumph, and went on to see off both Simon Whitlock and Brendan Dolan 6-5 to reach the semi-finals.

There, he was a 6-4 winner against Terry Jenkins before going on to see off Smith 6-3 in the decider.

Smith had opened the final with a 180 and took the opening leg, but van Barneveld won four of the next five to take command, with only an 11-dart finish from the Englishman stemming the tide as the five-time World Champion hit three 180s, a 12-darter and a trio of 14-dart finishes.

Smith almost paid the price for opting against throwing for the bull on a 161 finish in the seventh leg, missing six darts at double 16 and eight only to be allowed back in by two misses from van Barneveld to reduce the gap to 4-3.

However, van Barneveld took out double four for a 13-darter in the next and then finished 117 on tops to seal the triumph.

"I'm very happy with the win," said the Dutchman. "It was a tough day and it was a good final against Andy.

"I had some tough games but I believed in myself today and I'm really pleased. I was 3-0 down against Simon Whitlock and came back to win, I had a marvellous game with Brendan Dolan and I was 4-3 down against Terry Jenkins and won.

"In January I said I was going to play more tournaments on the floor and these tournaments are really hard to win so I'm happy today."

Van Barneveld's nine-darter saw a perfect leg hit for the sixth successive PDC ProTour event, and was the Dutchman's ninth since joining the PDC in 2006.

He added: "It was a good game against Michael Barnard - he'd beaten Colin Lloyd and Ronnie Baxter in our group - but I'm really pleased with the nine-darter. I'm working hard and it's paying off."

Smith had won a Players Championship in Barnsley last June but fell one win short of another title as he settled for the £3,000 runner-up prize.

The Studley ace defeated World Champion Adrian Lewis, world number six Wes Newton and Under-21 World Champion Arron Monk on the day, and also hit two 161 checkouts in his victory over Mark Jones in the fourth round.

Smith was a 6-4 winner against Jamie Caven in their semi-final, with the Derby player reaching the last four for the first time since last October with his success.

Caven picked up wins over Justin Pipe, Kevin Painter and Dennis Smith - the runner-up in Qualifier Four last month - in a confidence-boosting run.

Jenkins' run to the semis saw him reach that stage for the first time since last May with a fine day of darts, which began with a victory over world number three James Wade and also included 6-5 defeats of Mark Walsh, Robert Thornton and James Richardson.

The sixth Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier will be played a the Barnsley Metrodome on Sunday as the players return to battle for another £35,000 in prize money and places in June's UK Open televised finals in Bolton.

Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier Five
Preliminary Round
Wayne Jones 6-3 Steven Pearson
Richie Howson 6-4 Andrew Hibbert
Connie Finnan 6-2 Craig Pope
Brian Woods 6-4 John Scott
Peter Wright 6-3 Lee Whitworth
Wes Newton 6-5 Dyson Parody
Ken Dobson 6-3 Jamie Guilfoyle
Andy Smith 6-2 Kevin McDine
Ian Joping 6-5 Reece Robinson
Mark Webster 6-5 Steve Farmer
Alex Roy 6-1 Darren Whittingham
Adrian Lewis 6-0 Steve Maish
John Bowles 6-5 Andy Brown
Devon Petersen 6-5 Barrie Bates
Daniel Bunker 6-5 Martin Whatmough
Scott Rand 6-1 Nathan Richards
Co Stompe 6-1 Les Wallace
John Henderson 6-2 Darren Williams
Joe Murnan 6-2 Andy Pearce
Philip Wathen 6-3 Matthew Dicken
Andy Hamilton 6-0 Dennis Priestley
Jamie Lewis 6-4 Aden Kirk
Darren Webster 6-3 Tom Jones
Shaun Griffiths 6-0 Norman Fletcher
Paul Barham 6-5 Mick Todd
Mark Hylton 6-5 Bernd Roith
Steve Grubb 6-5 Nigel Heydon
Jamie Caven 6-4 Dennis Smith
Mark Frost 6-4 Dave Smith
Steven Barrow 6-1 Nick Fullwell
Peter Hudson 6-0 Ian Lever
Michael van Gerwen 6-5 Adam Smith-Neale
Kevin Painter 6-3 Ian Moss
Adrian Gray 6-4 James Thompson
Steve Beaton 6-1 Brandon Walsh
Sam Hill 6-5 Andy Hodges
Dean Winstanley 6-3 Gareth Pass
Gary Anderson 6-2 Lewis Venes
Dave Ladley 6-2 Daniel Starkey
James Richardson 6-1 Mike Veitch
Andy Relf 6-2 Carlos Rodriguez
Toon Greebe 6-5 Patrick Pace
Michael Mansell 6-0 Peter Manley
Joe Cullen 6-4 Kurt Van De Rijck
Terry Jenkins 6-3 James Wade
Dave Honey 6-4 Johnny Haines
Prakash Jiwa 6-2 James Young
Steven Clews 6-1 Andrew Gilding
Ian White 6-1 Paddy Meaney
James Hubbard 6-1 Ashley Holgate
Chris Aubrey 6-1 David Nelson
Keith Stephen 6-5 Michael Smith
Josh Jones 6-2 Matthew Tedstone
Denis Ovens 6-2 Neville Roberts
Alan Tabern 6-5 Damien Sherwood
Mark Stephenson 6-5 Peter Evison
Michael Barnard 6-5 Colin Lloyd
Ted Hankey 6-0 John Walton
Ronnie Baxter 6-1 Mark Dudbridge
Kim Huybrechts 6-1 Peter Hughes
Steve Evans 6-1 Steve Hine
Andrew Johnson 6-1 Fred Smith
Terry Temple 6-1 Andy Firth
Steve Brown 6-2 Adrian Bolitho
Jelle Klaasen 6-4 Darren Latham
Dylan Duo 6-1 Michael Peel
Brendan Dolan 6-3 Stuart Kellett

First Round
Martin Perring 6-4 Gaz Cousins
Mark Jones 6-2 Wayne Jones
Richie Howson 6-5 Connie Finnan
Peter Wright 6-3 Brian Woods
Paul Nicholson 6-3 Paul Rowley
Arron Monk 6-1 Magnus Caris
Wes Newton 6-0 Ken Dobson
Andy Smith 6-2 Ian Jopling
Antonio Alcinas 6-3 Christopher Dale
Jim Walker 6-1 Dave Chisnall
Alex Roy 6-5 Mark Webster
Adrian Lewis 6-1 John Bowles
Matt Clark 6-2 Matt Jackson
Ross Smith 6-3 Jimmy Mann
Devon Petersen 6-0 Daniel Bunker
Co Stompe 6-5 Scott Rand
Vincent van der Voort 6-0 Simon Burt
John Henderson 6-3 Darrell Claydon
Joe Murnan 6-3 Philip Wathen
Andy Hamilton 6-3 Jamie Lewis
Aaron Turner 6-1 Tony Tasker
Justin Pipe 6-1 Stefanie Luck
Shaun Griffiths 6-2 Darren Webster
Mark Hylton 6-1 Paul Barham
Joey Palfreyman 6-3 Tony West
William O'Connor 6-5 Liam Kelly
Jamie Caven 6-4 Steve Grubb
Steven Barrow 6-2 Mark Frost
Matt Padgett 6-3 Jason Crawley
Anthony Littleton 6-1 Joe Thompson
Michael van Gerwen 6-2 Peter Hudson
Kevin Painter 6-5 Adrian Gray
Stuart White 6-3 Jerry Hendriks
Steve Beaton 6-2 Nigel Birch
Sam Hill 6-3 Dean Winstanley
Gary Anderson 6-2 Dave Ladley
Roland Scholten 6-1 Karl Forrington
John Part 6-3 Matthew Edgar
James Richardson 6-2 Andy Relf
Michael Mansell 6-1 Toon Greebe
Stephen Hardy 6-3 Gary Butcher
Mark Walsh 6-5 Mick McGowan
Terry Jenkins 6-3 Joe Cullen
Prakash Jiwa 6-3 Dave Honey
Gino Vos 6-4 Daniel Day
Robert Thornton 6-3 Richie Burnett
Ian White 6-1 Steven Clews
James Hubbard 6-5 Chris Aubrey
John Turnbull 6-4 Andy Turnbull
Simon Whitlock 6-3 Colin Osborne
Josh Jones 6-4 Keith Stephen
Denis Ovens 6-2 Alan Tabern
Mareno Michels 6-1 Rocco Maes
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Jack Hill
Michael Barnard 6-1 Mark Stephenson
Ronnie Baxter 6-5 Ted Hankey
Darren Johnson 6-0 Matthew Waddoups
Mark Lawrence 6-5 Adam Hunt
Kim Huybrechts 6-3 Steve Evans
Terry Temple 6-3 Andrew Johnson
Kevin Dowling 6-5 Mervyn King
Lee White 6-4 Geoff Whitworth
Jelle Klaasen 6-4 Steve Brown
Brendan Dolan 6-1 Dylan Duo

Second Round
Mark Jones 6-1 Martin Perring
Peter Wright 6-4 Richie Howson
Arron Monk 6-4 Paul Nicholson
Andy Smith 6-4 Wes Newton
Jim Walker 6-4 Antonio Alcinas
Adrian Lewis 6-3 Alex Roy
Matt Clark 6-1 Ross Smith
Co Stompe 6-5 Devon Petersen
John Henderson 6-3 Vincent van der Voort
Andy Hamilton 6-4 Joe Murnan
Justin Pipe 6-1 Aaron Turner
Shaun Griffiths 6-2 Mark Hylton
Joey Palfreyman 6-4 William O'Connor
Jamie Caven 6-2 Steven Barrow
Anthony Littleton 6-4 Matt Padgett
Kevin Painter 6-2 Michael van Gerwen
Stuart White 6-5 Steve Beaton
Gary Anderson 6-4 Sam Hill
John Part 6-2 Roland Scholten
James Richardson 6-3 Michael Mansell
Mark Walsh 6-3 Stephen Hardy
Terry Jenkins 6-2 Prakash Jiwa
Robert Thornton 6-3 Gino Vos
James Hubbard 6-5 Ian White
Simon Whitlock 6-0 John Turnbull
Denis Ovens 6-2 Josh Jones
Raymond van Barneveld 6-1 Mareno Michels
Michael Barnard 6-4 Ronnie Baxter
Darren Johnson 6-3 Mark Lawrence
Kim Huybrechts 6-4 Terry Temple
Kevin Dowling 6-2 Lee White
Brendan Dolan 6-2 Jelle Klaasen
Losers £200

Third Round
Mark Jones 6-2 Peter Wright
Andy Smith 6-3 Arron Monk
Adrian Lewis 6-3 Jim Walker
Co Stompe 6-4 Matt Clark
Andy Hamilton 6-2 John Henderson
Justin Pipe 6-3 Shaun Griffiths
Jamie Caven 6-1 Joey Palfreyman
Kevin Painter 6-4 Anthony Littleton
Gary Anderson 6-4 Stuart White
James Richardson 6-3 John Part
Terry Jenkins 6-5 Mark Walsh
Robert Thornton 6-5 James Hubbard
Simon Whitlock 6-3 Denis Ovens
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Michael Barnard - Raymond van Barneveld hits nine-dart finish.
Darren Johnson 6-2 Kim Huybrechts
Brendan Dolan 6-2 Kevin Dowling
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Andy Smith 6-3 Mark Jones
Adrian Lewis 6-5 Co Stompe
Justin Pipe 6-3 Andy Hamilton
Jamie Caven 6-3 Kevin Painter
James Richardson 6-0 Gary Anderson
Terry Jenkins 6-5 Robert Thornton
Raymond van Barneveld 6-5 Simon Whitlock
Brendan Dolan 6-5 Darren Johnson
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Andy Smith 6-1 Adrian Lewis
Jamie Caven 6-5 Justin Pipe
Terry Jenkins 6-5 James Richardson
Raymond van Barneveld 6-5 Brendan Dolan
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Andy Smith 6-4 Jamie Caven
Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Terry Jenkins
Losers £2,000

Final
Raymond van Barneveld 6-3 Andy Smith
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Final - Leg-By-Leg
0-0 - Andy Smith wins the bull and will throw first
1-0 - Smith opens the final with a 180 and finishes 64 on double four to win the first leg.
1-1 - van Barneveld scores 140, 140 180 and lands double 16 to level with a 12-darter.
1-2 - van Barneveld lands another maximum and finishes 64 for a 14-dart leg to break throw.
1-3 - van Barneveld kicks off the leg 140, 180 and finishes double ten to move two legs clear with another 14-darter.
2-3 - Smith this time opens 140, 180 and adds another 140 before finishing double 16 for an 11-darter.
2-4 - Smith hits a 180 to leave 40 but can only watch on as van Barneveld takes out 92 in two darts for another 14-dart finish.
3-4 - Smith opts not to throw for the bull on a 161 finish but misses six darts at double 16 and eight to win the leg, only for van Barneveld to miss two darts of his own at double eight and allow the Englishman back to win a potentially key leg.
3-5 - van Barneveld misses double eight for a 136 checkout but returns to post double four for a 13-dart finish.
3-6 - van Barneveld takes out 117 to secure his first title of 2012.
Final Match Averages: Andy Smith 93.30, Raymond van Barneveld 102.74
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 16 Apr - 5:47:17

Brilliant Barney's Barnsley Double
15 Apr 2012
UPDATES from Sunday's sixth Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier in Barnsley.

The £35,000 tournament sees 194 players competing at the Barnsley Metrodome in the sixth of eight UK Open Qualifiers being staged ahead of June's UK Open televised finals in Bolton.

All games are the best of 11 legs, with play commencing at 12pm.

Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier Six
Preliminary Round
Richie Howson 6-1 Matthew Dicken
Daniel Starkey 6-1 Peter Evison
Steve Brown 6-1 Darrell Claydon
Mark Hylton 6-5 Terry Temple
Jim Walker 6-0 Daniel Day
Adam Hunt 6-1 Rocco Maes
Andy Hamilton 6-0 Gary Butcher
Arron Monk 6-1 Matthew Waddoups
Matthew Edgar 6-3 Andrew Johnson
Michael Smith 6-3 Geoff Whitworth
Johnny Haines 6-4 Gareth Pass
Vincent van der Voort 6-4 Jimmy Mann
Terry Jenkins 6-2 Tom Jones
Simon Whitlock 6-0 Andrew Hibbert
Michael Mansell 6-4 Aaron Turner
Dennis Smith 6-4 Andy Relf
Ronnie Baxter 6-2 Reece Robinson
Co Stompe 6-4 Andy Turnbull
John Part 6-0 Brandon Walsh
Mareno Michels 6-5 Connie Finnan
Dean Winstanley 6-1 Mark Stephenson
Peter Wright 6-1 Steve Farmer
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Steve Maish
Andrew Gilding 6-5 Steven Clews
Adam Smith-Neale 6-5 Nigel Birch
Colin Lloyd 6-5 Sam Hill
Mick McGowan 6-3 Karl Forrington
Joe Cullen 6-2 John Turnbull
Scott Rand 6-4 James Hubbard
Mark Lawrence 6-1 Craig Pope
Devon Petersen 6-0 Andy Hodges
Dyson Parody 6-2 Paul Barham
Chris Aubrey 6-3 Dylan Duo
James Wade 6-3 Prakash Jiwa
Keith Stephen 6-0 Simon Burt
Joe Murnan 6-4 Jelle Klaasen
Darren Webster 6-1 Dave Smith
Dave Honey 6-2 Martyn Turner
Ian Lever 6-3 Neville Roberts
Ian Moss 6-4 Steven Barrow
Barrie Bates 6-4 Jack Hill
Alan Tabern 6-1 Lee White
Denis Ovens 6-1 Kurt Van De Rijck
Matt Clark 6-3 John Henderson
Norman Fletcher 6-2 Paul Hodkin
Kevin McDine 6-0 James Stoneley
Gaz Cousins 6-3 Paul Nicholson
Kevin Painter 6-0 Mark Webster
Andy Brown 6-4 Philip Wathen
James Richardson 6-1 Tony Tasker
Matthew Tedstone 6-4 Stephen Hardy
Steve Evans 6-4 Jamie Lewis
Antonio Alcinas 6-0 John Scott
Michael Barnard 6-5 Michael Peel
Adrian Gray 6-0 Darren Williams
John Bowles 6-2 Fred Smith
Lewis Venes 6-0 Joe Thompson
Liam Kelly 6-3 Darren Latham
Tony West 6-3 Shaun Griffiths
Steve Hine 6-0 Daniel Bunker
Kevin Dowling 6-3 Nick Fullwell
Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Bernd Roith
Adrian Lewis 6-4 Mark Walsh
Peter Manley 6-3 Adrian Bolitho
Wes Newton 6-4 Andy Smith
Jamie Guilfoyle 6-5 David Nelson

First Round
Damien Sherwood 6-3 Ashley Holgate
Richie Howson 6-3 Mick Todd
Daniel Starkey 6-1 Steve Brown
Mark Hylton 6-3 Jim Walker
Patrick Pace 6-3 Darren Whittingham
Gino Vos 6-5 Nigel Heydon
Adam Hunt 6-5 Andy Hamilton
Matthew Edgar 6-4 Arron Monk
Mike Veitch 6-3 James Young
Stuart White 6-4 Anthony Littleton
Michael Smith 6-4 Johnny Haines
Vincent van der Voort 6-5 Terry Jenkins
Ian White 6-5 Mark Jones
Michael van Gerwen 6-4 Les Wallace
Simon Whitlock 6-3 Michael Mansell
Dennis Smith 6-3 Ronnie Baxter
Roland Scholten 6-3 Ross Smith
Co Stompe 6-4 William O'Connor
John Part 6-2 Mareno Michels
Dean Winstanley 6-5 Peter Wright
Aden Kirk 6-4 Christopher Dale
Ian Jopling 6-1 Ken Dobson
Andrew Gilding 6-1 Dave Chisnall
Colin Lloyd 6-2 Adam Smith-Neale
Mark Dudbridge 6-1 Peter Hughes
Andy Pearce 6-2 Matt Padgett
Joe Cullen 6-0 Mick McGowan
Scott Rand 6-1 Mark Lawrence
Wayne Jones 6-0 Toon Greebe
Justin Pipe 6-2 Paul Rowley
Devon Petersen 6-4 Dyson Parody
James Wade 6-2 Chris Aubrey
Dave Ladley 6-3 Mark Frost
Ted Hankey 6-2 Paddy Meaney
Keith Stephen 6-4 Joe Murnan
Darren Webster 6-1 Dave Honey
Lee Whitworth 6-3 Steven Pearson
Brendan Dolan 6-2 Stuart Kellett
Ian Moss 6-2 Ian Lever
Alan Tabern 6-3 Barrie Bates
Mervyn King 6-0 Nathan Richards
Richie Burnett 6-0 Martin Whatmough
Matt Clark 6-3 Denis Ovens
Kevin McDine 6-0 Norman Fletcher
Robert Thornton 6-1 Kim Huybrechts
Jamie Caven 6-4 Jerry Hendriks
Kevin Painter 6-1 Gaz Cousins
James Richardson 6-1 Andy Brown
Dennis Priestley 6-0 John Walton
Magnus Caris 6-2 James Thompson
Steve Evans 6-0 Matthew Tedstone
Antonio Alcinas 6-5 Michael Barnard
Colin Osborne 6-4 Peter Hudson
Carlos Rodriguez 6-3 Brian Woods
Adrian Gray 6-5 John Bowles
Liam Kelly 6-2 Lewis Venes
Joey Palfreyman 6-4 Steve Grubb
Darren Johnson 6-3 Steve Beaton
Tony West 6-3 Steve Hine
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Kevin Dowling
Alex Roy 6-2 Andy Firth
Josh Jones 6-4 Matt Jackson
Adrian Lewis 6-1 Peter Manley
Wes Newton 6-2 Jamie Guilfoyle

Second Round
Richie Howson 6-5 Damien Sherwood
Mark Hylton 6-1 Daniel Starkey
Gino Vos 6-4 Patrick Pace
Matthew Edgar 6-1 Adam Hunt
Stuart White 6-2 Mike Veitch
Michael Smith 6-5 Vincent van der Voort
Ian White 6-3 Michael van Gerwen
Simon Whitlock 6-5 Dennis Smith
Roland Scholten 6-2 Co Stompe
John Part 6-3 Dean Winstanley
Ian Jopling 6-2 Aden Kirk
Colin Lloyd 6-2 Andrew Giilding
Andy Pearce 6-3 Mark Dudbridge
Joe Cullen 6-4 Scott Rand
Justin Pipe 6-3 Wayne Jones
James Wade 6-5 Devon Petersen
Dave Ladley 6-2 Ted Hankey
Keith Stephen 6-5 Darren Webster
Brendan Dolan 6-1 Lee Whitworth
Alan Tabern 6-5 Ian Moss
Richie Burnett 6-4 Mervyn King
Matt Clark 6-2 Kevin McDine
Robert Thornton 6-4 Jamie Caven
Kevin Painter 6-5 James Richardson
Dennis Priestley 6-1 Magnus Caris
Antonio Alcinas 6-5 Steve Evans
Colin Osborne 6-0 Carlos Rodriguez
Liam Kelly 6-3 Adrian Gray
Darren Johnson 6-3 Joey Palfreyman
Raymond van Barneveld 6-3 Tony West
Josh Jones 6-4 Alex Roy
Wes Newton 6-2 Adrian Lewis
Losers £200

Third Round
Richie Howson 6-0 Mark Hylton
Matthew Edgar 6-4 Gino Vos
Stuart White 6-4 Michael Smith
Ian White 6-2 Simon Whitlock
John Part 6-0 Roland Scholten
Colin Lloyd 6-1 Ian Jopling
Joe Cullen 6-0 Andy Pearce
James Wade 6-2 Justin Pipe
Keith Stephen 6-4 Dave Ladley
Brendan Dolan 6-5 Alan Tabern
Richie Burnett 6-1 Matt Clark
Robert Thornton 6-0 Kevin Painter
Dennis Priestley 6-4 Antonio Alcinas
Liam Kelly 6-4 Colin Osborne
Raymond van Barneveld 6-1 Darren Johnson
Wes Newton 6-2 Josh Jones
Losers £400

Fourth Round
Richie Howson 6-4 Matthew Edgar
Ian White 6-4 Stuart White
Colin Lloyd 6-2 John Part
James Wade 6-0 Joe Cullen
Brendan Dolan 6-3 Keith Stephen
Richie Burnett 6-2 Robert Thornton
Dennis Priestley 6-0 Liam Kelly
Raymond van Barneveld 6-5 Wes Newton
Losers £600

Quarter-Finals
Ian White 6-2 Richie Howson
Colin Lloyd 6-5 James Wade
Richie Burnett 6-2 Brendan Dolan
Raymond van Barneveld 6-1 Dennis Priestley
Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals
Ian White 6-2 Colin Lloyd
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Richie Burnett
Losers £2,000

Final
Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Ian White
Winner £6,000
Runner-Up £3,000

Final - Leg-By-Leg
0-0 - Ian White wins the bull and will throw first.
1-0 - White initially misses four darts to win the opening leg before hitting double ten.
1-1 - Both players hit 180s and White leaves 40 after 12 darts, but van Barneveld hits double eight to level in 15 darts.
2-1 - White hits a 180, and when van Barneveld misses a dart at tops the Stoke star steps in to finish 48 on double 16.
2-2 - van Barneveld hits two 140s and finishes 64 on double 16 to square the game once more.
2-3 - van Barneveld hits two 140s to be first to a double and hits double seven for a 14-darter to break.
2-4 - van Barneveld opens with a 180 and also hits a 140 before White fires in a maximum. A 121 from the Dutchman leaves 60 after nine darts and he lands tops for an 11-darter to move clear.
2-5 - White is first to a finish but misses double top, ten and five and van Barneveld steps in to hit double 16 to move a leg away from a weekend double.
2-6 - White hits 180 and 140 but van Barneveld is first to a finish on his throw and takes out 81 on double 13 to seal the victory.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down