The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palace v Barnsley

3 posters

Go down

Palace v Barnsley Empty Palace v Barnsley

Post by NorthRed Wed 21 Mar - 9:04:55

Well once again we've gone away from home to try an hang onto the point and into injury time we go and we throw it away just like away at Coventry the other week!!

It's gonna be a long last month of the season down at Jokewell..............
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Palace v Barnsley Empty Re: Palace v Barnsley

Post by NorthRed Wed 21 Mar - 9:08:39

According to Nightmare we were by far the better side tonight but we just can't score a goal!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 21 Mar - 9:19:41

NorthRed wrote:According to Nightmare we were by far the better side tonight but we just can't score a goal!!

I wish i could say the same for us.... lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 21 Mar - 22:58:17

NorthRed wrote:According to Nightmare we were by far the better side tonight but we just can't score a goal!!

I thought we did ok for the most part of the game, we controlled the game and never looked like losing, the only problem was we never looked like scoring ether, our strikers are the totally wrong type of player, for the type of football we are trying to play, far too static, and never look as though there going to make a forward run in to space, to make them self's an option for the midfield to pass to, and that's what we need if we are going to continue playing like we are, we get to there 18 yarder in the middle of the park, with some decent passing football, then have to put it out wide due to the lack of movement up front, by this time there back 4 are in total control, ready for the cross coming in, this is something ive noticed for some time now, we need to start getting it wide far sooner, or find a striker who can read the game and make forward runs who is willing to play for the wages we pay, easier said then done i know.
also i thought Dawson & Doyle had good games last night and played really well together, all in all i was happy with what i saw, apart from the lack of cutting edge up front, and the final result.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 22 Mar - 0:55:25

The problem is the highest scorer we have at the club is playing on the left! I understand he had a bad game last night but when all is said and done he is the top scorer so why not play him up front??? Andy Gray is shit. Play one of the yound uns with Davis up front. I'm not saying this will bring us any goals but it can't do no harm cos we're certainly not scoring as it stands!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 22 Mar - 1:14:05

Lets play him up front to get another 6 goals this season then eh, take him up to 17 and see how long he lasts as a Barnsley player, at least with him out on the wing he's not scoring, he'll still be here next season because people thinks he not consistent enough, looking from the out side it looks as though his decent run of from was luck and now he's struggling to hit the net, and let them think that, we all know its because he's been put out to pasture until next season, and i'm happy for him to play on the wing, for the rest of the season not scoring, if it means no-one steels him of peanuts in the summer, and he's still our player at the close of the August transfer window.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 22 Mar - 1:23:27

This seasons done pal we've stayed up, mission accomplished,
get rid of Foster, Steele, Jay Mac, Bobby, Doyle, Jimbo, and Gray, in the summer and start again, and if we're safe this time next year after getting rid of that lot then i'd be more then happy.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 22 Mar - 8:28:41

Don't count your chickens mate, If Cov snatch a win at Cardiff tonight were only 9 points away from relegation...... Thats only 3 wins and 3 loses...... West Ham, Blackpool, Hull, Ipswich any wins there??? Peterboro, Bristol City Brighton.... well fingers crossed for these matches!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down