The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

consortium PROPOSED take over good or bad ?

+7
donnyroversfc
TommyVercetti
SkellowRover
Irish Contingent
Dagenham Rover
SPROTYROVER
the vicar
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

consortium PROPOSED take over good or bad ? Empty consortium PROPOSED take over good or bad ?

Post by the vicar Sun 13 Oct - 1:46:22

what does everyone think to the state of play so far

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

consortium PROPOSED take over good or bad ? Empty Re: consortium PROPOSED take over good or bad ?

Post by SPROTYROVER Sun 13 Oct - 5:10:07

the vicar wrote:what does everyone think to the state of play so far
Little bird has told me the three amigos are Pals again and are not interested in what the Irish Boys are offering.

SPROTYROVER
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

consortium PROPOSED take over good or bad ? Empty Re: consortium PROPOSED take over good or bad ?

Post by the vicar Sun 13 Oct - 8:48:06

but it int irish guys

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 13 Oct - 20:02:47

Well as they said in the statement "in its present format" which still leaves the door ajar, but lets face it any buisness is up for sale if the price is right though quite why someone would want to buy into DRFC is another matter
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Mon 14 Oct - 1:39:52

there is a reason and a good one

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 14 Oct - 3:56:28

the vicar wrote:there is a reason and a good one
c'mon you know how to pm Smile 
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Mon 14 Oct - 6:06:26

PM sent mate

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 14 Oct - 9:15:47

Wink 
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Tue 15 Oct - 23:22:17

Can I have one too Dave. Pretty Please.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Thu 17 Oct - 9:53:40

And me Dave lol
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyVercetti Sun 20 Oct - 11:48:19

I'm assuming it's still the same people, Sequentia, the hedge fund based in Belize (which sounds dodgy in itself) or whatever. I don't have a clue who they are, what their intentions are and why they seem so keen to do a deal.

What I do think is that we're not going to last too long at this level with the current budget, so if we want to (at least) stay at this level for an extended period of time we're going to need either:
a) Investment,
b) Large increase of support,
c) Novel approach to transfers,
d) Excellent management + luck.

Thought any chance of investment / takeover was dead until this latest and quite spectacular 'John Ryan in a Hyde Park chip shop' rumour on the radio. Would not be surprised if there was something in it based on what was said.
TommyVercetti
TommyVercetti
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 20 Oct - 18:15:26

TommyVercetti wrote:I'm assuming it's still the same people, Sequentia, the hedge fund based in Belize (which sounds dodgy in itself) or whatever. I don't have a clue who they are, what their intentions are and why they seem so keen to do a deal.

What I do think is that we're not going to last too long at this level with the current budget, so if we want to (at least) stay at this level for an extended period of time we're going to need either:
a) Investment,
b) Large increase of support,
c) Novel approach to transfers,
d) Excellent management + luck.

Thought any chance of investment / takeover was dead until this latest and quite spectacular 'John Ryan in a Hyde Park chip shop' rumour on the radio. Would not be surprised if there was something in it based on what was said.

I didn't here it on Dee Dah but I've been reading the comments on the vsc, I suppose we can only wait and see
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 14 Nov - 6:53:39

Good.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 8 Dec - 23:55:25

Bad and unlikely ever to happen. Attempts to destroy the VSC and it's hosting of a forum is so counter-productive it's untrue.

Continue down this route and you can forget any involvement in what happens at the club. IRWT has brought a lot to the supporters. Measureably more than at the majority of League clubs. John Ryan has only ever had a passing interest in IRWT and detests the VSC because it asks questions and stood in his way seemingly. I suppose there had to be someone to blame didn't there ?

We would NEVER have become a Swansea or a Hull because we would NEVER have been able to increase the supporter base to an average of 25-30,000. The 2 cities that folk refer to as the success stories to follow are not owned by hedge funds/speculators and have larger populations. Yes lads the Hedge fund/Speculators/Secret Society that is SC would more than likely throw yours and mine club away when they had achieved what they wanted.

Think on my fb friends and if you think you can improve the VSC then bloody join it properly (yes not cancelling your 1st d/debit), get involved, become officers , etc etc rather than whining and making things up.

£20-40 million buys you the Premiership are you having a giraffe. If you're not then talk to the Forest or Leicester fans who have spent a king's ransom trying to reach the promised land of the Premiership. Blackpool was a 'one off' and highly unlikely to happen again or within a generation. Do you truly think that unnamed Speculators would ask their shareholders to hang their hat on that idea ? Of course there could be a hitherto unknown gas or oilfield under the Keepmoat stadium but I very much doubt it.
The only other candidate we have is Car Park 4 which is not covered by the Community Asset Deed. In which case that area should be developed by the CURRENT owners and the cash / profits diverted to the club/them rather than shareholders.
The current owners know all about property development , I think the expression Keepmoat 2 gives that away.
As for the charge against Blunt/Bramall that they were talking to the consortium behind JR's back .............they had every right to , JR did the same did he not ? One rule for one , one rule for another springs to mind as long as it's JR. Jeez some need to grow up .

This club belongs to the town and not to JR. Why can't/won't some of you grasp that . It's my club, your club, his club but NOT solely HIS club and that's where we fall out. He was squeezed in the Boardroom by shareholders with bigger , yes bigger share holdings because he didn't have his own way. Sorry fellas they had fatter wallets, more discretion and lacked the desire to leap suddenly into the arms of SC purely on the say so of JR. Put yourself in their shoes would you just let him do what he did ?

Rant over for now............awaiting writ.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by drfc1951 Tue 10 Dec - 9:24:56

Best post ever on this subject.

drfc1951
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 11 Dec - 1:02:57

drfc1951 wrote:Best post ever on this subject.

Thank you for the compliment drfc1951 and it still doesn't mean that I don't respect John Ryan for everything he has done for our club RTID  Cool 
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by drfc1951 Wed 11 Dec - 2:52:08

Yes,still respect JR but without TB&DW where would we be now.It just pisses me off
all the abuse they get, especially TB.

drfc1951
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 13 Dec - 9:16:56

it amazes me how fare some people can get up BAMALLS ass, be aware he is in it for him

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by drfc1951 Fri 13 Dec - 10:43:26

So are Sequentia.

drfc1951
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sat 14 Dec - 6:31:48

the only thing is I do no more than most about this whole thing mate hoolahoop will tell you I don't make things up but you are entitled to your thoughts and me to what I no

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 14 Dec - 11:05:52

I wouldn't trust Bramall while he has a hole in his arse, he doesn't give a shit about DRFC and is only interested in raising his profile to get the queen to give him a knitehood. Not one of his current arse kissers has ever bothered to ask why he walked out 2 years ago, and please don't say it was the experiment because he fucking sanctioned it!
Does anybody know what Bramall is all about? Lets be honest here you don't. He was brought to the club by JR just like SC were. Bramall has slowly gotten rid of everybody at the club that had a voice so he can do as he wishes and nobody has even bothered to question this either!
Ask yoursleves who you trust..... John Ryan & Trevor Milton or Terry Bramall. I know who i do and who want what is best for DRFC, some people need to open their eyes to what has been going on for the last 18-24 months and realise werre going down the shitter as we are!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SPROTYROVER Sun 15 Dec - 0:01:43

I personally would just like this situation to get sorted,We can't influence the outcome (unless one of us wins the Euro millions) we just need the club as a whole to settle down and go down whichever course is decided by the powers that be.
Hopefully that will be a continued and prolonged stay in the Championship.

SPROTYROVER
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Sun 15 Dec - 6:26:17

Not on the last few performances!
0-3 was undeserved but we have nothing up front and were poor at the back for the 3 goals, Apart from that I thought we played well and through gritted teeth.............. M Woods played well
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by drfc1951 Sun 15 Dec - 22:42:46

So Bramall on his own got rid of everybody with a voice at the club?Proof please.

drfc1951
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Mon 16 Dec - 7:46:26

bramall watson both told me at the anual dinner that they dint want us going up as we cant afford it as a club i can tell you if they stay in control and we go down wich i am sure we will at this present time we wont be coming back up as they dont want to put money in they want us to generate our own funds

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next