The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Fondre

+4
NIGHTMARE
yorkie64red
Upwind
VixDRFC
8 posters

Go down

Le Fondre Empty Le Fondre

Post by VixDRFC Tue 23 Aug - 20:26:05

Interesting blog by Seth Bennett. Based on his analysis he won't be gracing the Keepmoat any time soon Wink

http://www.fourfivemedia.com/2011/08/22/alfie-alfie-alfie/
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Le Fondre Empty Re: Le Fondre

Post by Upwind Tue 23 Aug - 21:57:14

VixDRFC wrote:Interesting blog by Seth Bennett. Based on his analysis he won't be gracing the Keepmoat any time soon Wink

http://www.fourfivemedia.com/2011/08/22/alfie-alfie-alfie/

Not sure why you put in the wink - know something??

I would personally love to see ALF at the Keepmoat.

If that is the asking price and it is a question of paying this or losing out on the £4million of yearly Championship monies, then it is surely a no brainer. I also believe that he would represent a sound investment as his worth is unlikely to depreciate - he would be a good acquisition in my eyes.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 23 Aug - 22:01:15

Did he not say that he wanted 10K a week or he would be willing to take 9k with a better win bonus...not sure Rovers would push to that..how much is Billy on a week and we knew what we were getting with him...personally i reckon he will stay where he is..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Tue 23 Aug - 22:12:52

Not heard any reports about what he wants wage wise; however, I am sure that he will want to play at a higher level. All things are negotiable and I am sure that if one of those were a win bonus, then it would surely be a win-win situation (pun intended). If the option was to take the cash payments from the Championship or the cash payments from League One then it should be a no-brainer IMO. A lot does depend on the length of time that Billy/Mason et al are expected to be out.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 24 Aug - 3:16:00

I'd take bogdanovic all day long over this alf kid, and you'd get danny boy, on loan for 5to7 k a week
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Wed 24 Aug - 8:48:03

3rd rejected bid from owls..
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Wed 24 Aug - 8:52:45

where the fuck did lot pull 3mill from

ffs we cant afford 300k
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Aug - 22:04:59

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:where the fuck did lot pull 3mill from

ffs we cant afford 300k

They have been trained in the 'Bates' school of creative accountancy. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 26 Aug - 21:02:18

Reading bid for le fondre according to dee daa...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 27 Aug - 5:26:16

So bid accepted and he is off to Reading then a massive gamble by Reading this i hope i am wrong but i think this might be a step too far for him
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 27 Aug - 5:32:01

pkt_drfc wrote:So bid accepted and he is off to Reading then a massive gamble by Reading this i hope i am wrong but i think this might be a step too far for him

I think you may well be proved to be correct, they have the money at the Royals so I don't think it's a poor punt at that price though. Surprised
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 27 Aug - 5:39:26

Yeah when you've just got £7M, £500,000 for a replacement isn't a massive risk at all.
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 27 Aug - 6:02:18

VixDRFC wrote:Yeah when you've just got £7M, £500,000 for a replacement isn't a massive risk at all.

Still leaves them only a further £6.5 million to spend. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 27 Aug - 6:03:58

Gutted we didn't get him. Mandaric isn't one to splash the cash, Leicester know that.

I don't think ALF with do well in the Championship, but seeing as it is a minimal amount of money from Reading, then there is no reason not to have a go.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down