The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnsley v Rovers...

+6
NorthRed
VixDRFC
MR NEGATIVE
NIGHTMARE
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barnsley v Rovers... - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley v Rovers...

Post by hoolahoop Mon 14 Nov - 7:10:58

NIGHTMARE wrote:he is its jimbo who'll be tearing you apart

lol! lol! lol! In your dreams NIGHTY, 3-0 to the mighty Rovers. We're going to break your hearts, btw hope your lot can raise a chant or two at the start of each half.
I fancy that's going to be your only opportunity to raise a whimper. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 14 Nov - 7:43:17

we make a lot of noise at the end of each half BOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 14 Nov - 8:05:12

NIGHTMARE wrote:we make a lot of noise at the end of each half BOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So I've heard that makes 4 opportunities then........... lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 15 Nov - 0:05:38

Been and got the tickets...best seats in the house...all unreserved seating... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 15 Nov - 8:02:28

yorkie64red wrote:Been and got the tickets...best seats in the house...all unreserved seating... Smile

Right I'll saddlle up the horses then..........the Dick Turpin's are on their way. Deliver the points. cheers cheers cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 15 Nov - 8:11:21

yorkie64red wrote:Been and got the tickets...best seats in the house...all unreserved seating... Smile

Won't be best seats by the time we stagger in out of the pub. Who will look after the points?
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 15 Nov - 8:19:53

VixDRFC wrote:

Won't be best seats by the time we stagger in out of the pub. Who will look after the points?

Hmmm good point perhaps we will have to cut 3 pints out of the pre match and add them on to the post match celebration. Basketball Basketball Basketball
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 15 Nov - 8:24:49

As long as I get my all-day breakfast or cheap fish and chips I'm flexible
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 15 Nov - 8:27:48

VixDRFC wrote:As long as I get my all-day breakfast or AND cheap fish and chips I'm flexible

The amount of ale we have in mind, I'm sure you will need both . lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 15 Nov - 9:57:39

hoolahoop wrote:

The amount of ale we have in mind, I'm sure you will need both . lol!

What time train we going on then...theres one at 9.40 that gets into Barnsley at 11.00 which would give us plenty of time to have a drink something to eat and get to the ground in good time to get some decent seats with them been unreserved...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Nov - 5:33:08

yorkie64red wrote:

What time train we going on then...theres one at 9.40 that gets into Barnsley at 11.00 which would give us plenty of time to have a drink something to eat and get to the ground in good time to get some decent seats with them been unreserved...

Will we survive seven hours in the wastelands do you think ? Yep I'm up for that, there's no way I can sit on my hands all morning.......it's already pre-occupying my mind at work/home and it's only Tuesday ffs! Cool

Ticket sales are already up to 1178, there's usually POD'ers and the sales are NEVER upto date. we will be bringing in excess of 2500. cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 16 Nov - 5:38:40

A minutes silence before kick off as a mark of respect to a Barnsley fan who lost his life in Afganistan last week , fighting for us so we don't get blown up on buses and trains, so make sure you get to your seats a few minutes before kick off
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Nov - 7:06:08

NIGHTMARE wrote:A minutes silence before kick off as a mark of respect to a Barnsley fan who lost his life in Afganistan last week , fighting for us so we don't get blown up on buses and trains, so make sure you get to your seats a few minutes before kick off

Cheers for the 'heads up' , I thought/hoped this would happen for his family. Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Nov - 7:13:38

hoolahoop wrote:

Cheers for the 'heads up' , I thought/hoped this would happen for his family. Sad Sad Sad

Puts everything into perspective...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 17 Nov - 20:55:19

Premier League referee Kevin Friend will be in charge of the South Yorkshire derby at Oakwell this Saturday when Doncaster Rovers travel to Barnsley.

The Leicestershire official has taken charge of 9 games so far this season, showing 34 yellow cards and he is still to show a red card.

Last season he took charge of 33 games, showing 116 yellow cards and 7 reds.

You have to go back to the 2008/09 season to find his last game in charge of Barnsley, when they were beaten 3-0 at Ipswich Town.

He has already taken charge of Doncaster this season, when they were defeated 3-0 at home by Leeds United last month.

Referee: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)

Assistants: Simon Barrow & Jake Collin

Fourth official: Gary Sutton

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=262560#ixzz1dxGzW7yI
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 18 Nov - 2:33:41

I'm going for a 2 : 2 draw in this one - with Dioofus getting sent off after aggravating the locals and chinning the ref.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Fri 18 Nov - 7:27:57

Confident bunch these Pikeys eh nightmare??? All I can say is the best team will win on the day!! Looking forward to a good match and a lovely 3-1 win for Barnsley!!

If not am smashing cave up when i get back home!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 18 Nov - 7:38:21

NorthRed wrote:Confident bunch these Pikeys eh nightmare??? All I can say is the best team will win on the day!! Looking forward to a good match and a lovely 3-1 win for Barnsley!!

If not am smashing cave up when i get back home!!

lol! looks like a new cave then

Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Fri 18 Nov - 10:09:56

Decided to come on here after Tykesmads been invaded with uneducated Doncaster youths... Rolling Eyes

This place is much better for banter anyways. Smile

1-0 Barnsley, Craig Davies bullet header. COYR
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 18 Nov - 10:23:13

RedNinja wrote:Decided to come on here after Tykesmads been invaded with uneducated Doncaster youths... Rolling Eyes

This place is much better for banter anyways. Smile

1-0 Barnsley, Craig Davies bullet header. COYR

Don't worry your's invade some of our fora too....................3-0 Rovers NR. Don't forget. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Fri 18 Nov - 16:08:19

Told you before hoola...... 3-1 We always win 3-1, we always win 3-1, we always win 3-1!! cheers
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 18 Nov - 20:08:13

Barnsley and Doncaster choose different roads as they ‘chase the dream’ and promotion to the Premier League. Ian Appleyard reports

BARNSLEY manager Keith Hill is unlikely to bump into Doncaster’s Dean Saunders when strolling down the aisles of the loan market.

Only a few weeks ago, the two clubs were shopping for exactly the same sort of players but that has all changed now.

Rovers have gone up in the world after striking a deal with agent Willie McKay and Hill has mixed views about their new policy of signing big-name players on short-term deals.

However, speaking ahead of tomorrow’s clash at Oakwell, Hill confessed that he wouldn’t mind having a similar option.

“You can get caught between the devil and the deep blue sea in football,” he said. “You can recruit very good ‘name players’ but, if it goes wrong, you can end up in a situation where it’s very unlikely that you can ever re-establish yourself again.

“I don’t know how relevant it would be for me? I’ve never done it before and I place a massive value in trying to develop a squad and players. That’s the way I like doing it. But if it was affordable for me to sign one or two, three or four, players of established quality that can improve us as a team – not for the short term, but for the long term – it’s something I would definitely consider doing.”

Rovers have struck deals with new signings which mean they only have to pay a fraction of their normal wages. In return, they are providing a ‘shop window’ to players who hope to find bigger clubs in the New Year transfer window.

The biggest capture has undoubtedly been striker El-Hadji Diouf, the former African Player of the Year whose previous clubs include Liverpool, Bolton Wanderers and Rangers

“On his day, Diouf is quality. I live in Bolton so I have witnessed it,” Hill said. “No matter how controversial, he is productive and can be a star for Doncaster but hopefully not this Saturday.

“Everyone is chasing the dream and I suppose Doncaster are chasing the dream by recruiting name players. Established stars. But what we are trying to do is develop our own stars as saleable assets. Spending in football is like the economy and it’s not right,” he added. “Somewhere it will fall out in the same way it has done in Italy and Greece.”

Hill confirmed that he is still looking for two new loan players, including a striker, but also admitted that he is unlikely to complete anything before tomorrow’s game.

“I am not in a rush for this weekend but I do feel we need two more players,” he said. “I definitely want another striker – I don’t think you can have enough strikers to create competition for places. I need the opportunity to be able to change things, That’s where a squad is valuable when the games are coming thick and fast.”

Rovers are currently bottom of the Championship table but can move within three points of 19th-placed Barnsley if they win at Oakwell.

“You are always taking stock of what you want to achieve and where you are in the foodchain,” reflected Hill. “We are probably where we should be – but we want to try and over-achieve this season and to do that we have to be competitive. “Our main priority, whether playing Doncaster or West Ham, is to retain our Championship status but if we just brush up on a few things, we are a very good side in this division.”

Midfielder Cameron Park is now back at parent club Middlesbrough after completing a three-month spell on loan with the Tykes. He made just three appearances and struggled with illness.

Tykes defender Kern Miller is training with Hereford United after a loan spell at Accrington Stanley.

The Tykes will be without striker Andy Gray and on-loan midfielder Danny Drinkwater tomorrow as both are serving one-game bans. Winger Jim O’Brien is available after serving a one-game ban and Bobby Hassell, Danny Haynes, Goran Lovre and Reuben Noble-Lazarus also come back into contention after recovering from injuries.

Never short of an opinion on most subjects, Hill added his voice yesterday to criticism of Sepp Blatter.

The FIFA president has caused a storm by insisting football does not have a problem with racism.

Hill said: “He has put his foot in his mouth and he’s prone to doing that. You can’t sweep racism under the carpet in the way that he is doing. I don’t think he’s helping the issues and it was unfortunate to hear his comments.

“It’s a shame that such comments will set the game and the profession back.

“It is making it more and more difficult to make sure we encourage supporters to support the Kick Racism out of Football campaign,” he added. “His comments were a step backwards.”

from yorkshire post
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 18 Nov - 20:10:34

pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 18 Nov - 20:16:42

Both Billy and Diouf are gonna be up for this one..maybe a brace a piece.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 19 Nov - 7:31:40

Sold over 1800 for tommorow, so with the few that will pay on the day should be a couple of thousand in the away end to see us win... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next