The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday fans' negativity

+2
yorkie64red
Dan_the_Owl
6 posters

Go down

Wednesday fans' negativity Empty Wednesday fans' negativity

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 8 Jan - 23:43:52

Owlstalk has descended into an awful moan about Alan Irvine possibly being the new gaffer. As one wit correctly posted, the only certainty about Wednesday right now was the negative reaction of our fans to whoever we appointed! All these people touting Keegan or Nigel Pearson need their bloody head checked. If it is to be Alan Irvine, and I'm extremely hopeful that it is, we're getting a guy with a track record in this division. He pulled PNE out of a similar hole to the one we're currently sinking into, then got them into the playoffs the following season. The wheels have come off a bit this season, but he was cutting the wage bill in the summer, and they're hardly in the sort of trouble we are, are they? And if he's good enough for West Brom at the start of the season after they lost Mowbray, then he's good enough for us.

Aside from the people wanting Keegan, Co Adriaanse and other impossibles, there's the people deriding Irvine, then continually calling for Ron Atkinson or Howard Wilkinson until the end of the season. These mens' days are OVER. Wednesday legends, yes, but they're footballing dinosaurs. That so many of our fans are stuck in the past is truly sad.

God knows I love this football club, but I so often despair at our support. We're in the bottom three, we might be appointing a guy who led his side to the playoffs last season, GET BEHIND HIM.

Rant over.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Wednesday fans' negativity Empty Re: Wednesday fans' negativity

Post by yorkie64red Sat 9 Jan - 0:03:11

They need to get of their high horses and back him, if they get on his back from the start it will only end one way where wednesday are concerned.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 0:15:09

yorkie64red wrote:They need to get of their high horses and back him, if they get on his back from the start it will only end one way where wednesday are concerned.

Spot on Brian. We have to get behind Irvine. He CAN keep us up, but negativity will not help one bit.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Sat 9 Jan - 0:16:47

I thought he'd be quite well received. He can't be anywhere near as terrifying as the thought of someone like Howard Wilkinson or Alan Shearer, surely??
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 9 Jan - 0:18:46

Have not had a look on Owlstalk but can imagine what they are saying, i think he is a good appointment and not one i was expecting, i think he will do a good job.. Wednesday fans' negativity Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 0:21:33

FevTyke wrote:I thought he'd be quite well received. He can't be anywhere near as terrifying as the thought of someone like Howard Wilkinson or Alan Shearer, surely??

Of course not. But too few seem to see that right now. They're all going on about Alan Shearer because he'd "put bums on seats", then slating Irvine for not having a good enough record. Shearer took Newcastle down as I recall. Results will put bums on seats, and I'm convinced that Alan Irvine can deliver.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 0:45:14

The confirmation of the appointment hasn't raised the intellect much. Jut caught this beauty...

i cant believe the mediocrity owls fans are prepaired to accept. Irvines won precisely F*ck all.

What manager who's won ANYTHING (and is still managing mind, no Atkinsons or Wilkinsons or decades past) would want to manage us right now? Such stupidity beggars belief.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 9 Jan - 1:34:25

I do remember the Dingles moaning like hell on Dee Dah etc when they got Robins. "No experience" " Not proven at this level" etc. You wouldn't believe it now. Same when SOD first appeared, and some carried it on well into the season we got into the CCC. Ignore the idiots, Irvine will do a fine job.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 9 Jan - 3:42:09

Well, you can't please everybody , i'm sure they will soon get on board and deny ever doubting him if he starts to win games.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 9 Jan - 3:55:33

Wednesday fans are thick as pig shit i said at the time laws was sacked noone better would want the job and it looks like i was right, most wednesday fans have there head up there own arse who in there right mind would want to take that job unless they could not get a job any where else.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 9 Jan - 3:56:52

NIGHTMARE wrote:Wednesday fans are thick as pig shit i said at the time laws was sacked noone better would want the job and it looks like i was right, most wednesday fans have there head up there own arse who in there right mind would want to take that job unless they could not get a job any where else.

Well thats telling em... Wednesday fans' negativity Icon_lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sat 9 Jan - 4:08:12

NIGHTMARE wrote:Wednesday fans are thick as pig shit i said at the time laws was sacked noone better would want the job and it looks like i was right, most wednesday fans have there head up there own arse who in there right mind would want to take that job unless they could not get a job any where else.

Lets be honest, Nightmare's petty insults aside Wink , he's not that far off the mark. There's people on Owlstalk saying that even though Strafford had no money to work with, he could've "sold the club" better to bigger names. Such thinking is actually bordering on delusion.

In my mind, Lee's made a good decision today, and we should be thanking him and trusting him to get the investment secured. It's time like this I'm glad I don't live in Sheffield, the amount of negativity is unreal.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 9 Jan - 9:54:50

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Lets be honest, Nightmare's petty insults aside Wink , he's not that far off the mark. There's people on Owlstalk saying that even though Strafford had no money to work with, he could've "sold the club" better to bigger names. Such thinking is actually bordering on delusion.

In my mind, Lee's made a good decision today, and we should be thanking him and trusting him to get the investment secured. It's time like this I'm glad I don't live in Sheffield, the amount of negativity is unreal.

Don't be too harsh on your fans as all the supporters of different clubs on this forum have the same element of the 'he's not good enough for this club mentality' especially the Dingles and our own supporters with Robins and SO'D respectively.
However I think that Irvine won't have a) the resources b) the time and c) the squad to save you this season. The saving of Preston was under entirely different circumstances and with IMO far better players than you currently possess.
Unfortunately I think he will be a 'work in progress' and that your supporters will for once have to be more patient and start 'smelling the coffee'. It would not give me any pleasure to see any of our clubs being demoted but I think (like Leeds) it might be preferable long term......... he can build teams but NOT overnight! Sad
As for 'bums on seats', well you just have to look up the MI and see whether the Bellenders are managing to do this in Div.1 with a successful team (albeit in a lower echelon). Success puts 'bums on seats' not a big name manager .......ask Middlesborough about that it is only a short-term fix . Having lower attendances than your nearest rivals is really the psychological problem isn't it ? in which case I suggest some of these folk talk to the Man City fans and ask them how they have coped with it all these years (33 years without a prize) whilst their neighbours have won probably as many Cups and Championships in that time..........it happens in every major city where there are 2 clubs.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down