The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we need to freshen up the squad

3 posters

Go down

we need to freshen up the squad Empty we need to freshen up the squad

Post by wxm owl Mon 11 Jan - 6:47:20

all our rivals seem to be getting decent loan signings, we just need to freshen our squad up just a tad although i know its early days for Irvine he must see this!!
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

we need to freshen up the squad Empty Re: we need to freshen up the squad

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 11 Jan - 7:47:33

wxm owl wrote:all our rivals seem to be getting decent loan signings, we just need to freshen our squad up just a tad although i know its early days for Irvine he must see this!!

Absolutely agree wxm, but if I picked up Lee correctly in his interview following Irvine's press conference, he's gonna have to sell before he can buy. Sodje to Charlton would probably be an obvious start, but Irvine may see him as more useful now that he has his fitness back.

I'm sure Irvine already has an idea of what he wants though, and will hopefully have something reasonable to work with once the transfer window slams shut.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by wxm owl Tue 12 Jan - 7:21:57

we should be able to get one player in on loan. coz we let feeney go back. we need some old head in the middle of the park to put his foot on the ball an slow it down at times.what you think???
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 12 Jan - 9:11:36

wxm owl wrote:we need some old head in the middle of the park to put his foot on the ball an slow it down at times.what you think???

I'm with you there. Having O'Connor and (especially) Potter constantly being so wasteful of possession has been a major part of our downfall this season. Do you think maybe Soares could be the guy? Okay, he's not an old head, and I know McAuley played him wider against Newcastle, but he does seem to have the composure on the ball that we've been lacking.

Good point about Feeney, given that, and the money from the Wood sale, there'll surely be a chance for Irvine to bring in at least one new face before the window closes.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 9:15:19

wxm owl wrote:we should be able to get one player in on loan. coz we let feeney go back. we need some old head in the middle of the park to put his foot on the ball an slow it down at times.what you think???

Robbie Savage, he won't fancy Div.1 next season with Derby ? Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 12 Jan - 9:17:18

hoolahoop wrote:

Robbie Savage, he won't fancy Div.1 next season with Derby ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah yes, that legendary calming influence, that cool head... Laughing
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 9:20:38

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Ah yes, that legendary calming influence, that cool head... Laughing

That's the one.................THE GYPO ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 12 Jan - 9:25:57

hoolahoop wrote:

That's the one.................THE GYPO ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The very thought of that man in our blue and white sends a shiver down my spine. Evil or Very Mad

I do think it will be interesting to see how Irvine will use Soares. If he does put him in the middle, he could be the cool head that wxm referred to that we've been sorely lacking.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 9:35:01

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

The very thought of that man in our blue and white sends a shiver down my spine. Evil or Very Mad

I do think it will be interesting to see how Irvine will use Soares. If he does put him in the middle, he could be the cool head that wxm referred to that we've been sorely lacking.

I think Irvine will sort out your squad and see who exactly is not only up for a fight but who can be the linchpin of the team , Soares could well be that man. My only problem is the over-expectancy of your support , it really is time to get real and get behind your existing team and your new manager.........they are very much the key and ladyluck of course.
Time for all Owls to be patient and resilient.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 12 Jan - 9:47:00

hoolahoop wrote:Time for all Owls to be patient and resilient.

Could not agree more. While I don't doubt that all the fans will be behind the team this weekend, I have a bad feeling that a poor start will have too many fans on the backs of both Irvine and Lee Strafford. Trying not to consider that yet though, doesn't bear thinking about. No
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 9:50:27

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Could not agree more. While I don't doubt that all the fans will be behind the team this weekend, I have a bad feeling that a poor start will have too many fans on the backs of both Irvine and Lee Strafford. Trying not to consider that yet though, doesn't bear thinking about. No

It should be a very interesting match providing it goes ahead.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down