The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City . . . . .

+7
pkt_drfc
diggerman
borophil
Dan_the_Owl
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
NIGHTMARE
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Man City  . . . . . Empty Man City . . . . .

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 13 Sep - 19:38:13

I'm starting to believe they could be the real deal Shocked
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Man City  . . . . . Empty Re: Man City . . . . .

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Sep - 19:44:56

Think your right, i really thought that Hughes was on borrowed time after last season,but he seems to have them playing the right way now, it would be good to see someone else pushing for the top spot, having said all that with the players he has signed and the money at his disposal he really should be doing it.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 14 Sep - 4:25:50

yorkie64red wrote:Think your right, i really thought that Hughes was on borrowed time after last season,but he seems to have them playing the right way now, it would be good to see someone else pushing for the top spot, having said all that with the players he has signed and the money at his disposal he really should be doing it.
I still think they will need another season yet but their squad is becoming awesome. I'm not saying Hughes is not a good manager but I think he will find it difficult to weld them together as a team immediately.
Adebayor's behaviour yesterday was beyond contempt and personally I think that Hughes should heavily discipline him for those acts .
For a season or so Manure will remain in the ascendency in that city IMHO, as their game against Spurs showed.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 14 Sep - 4:32:05

If Man City are there or there about's in January the top 4 have some pain on
not only because they will spend big again but they don't have to play as many games as the big 4 with not been in the champions league .
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 14 Sep - 4:37:40

Nightmare wrote:If Man City are there or there about's in January the top 4 have some pain on
not only because they will spend big again but they don't have to play as many games as the big 4 with not been in the champions league .
That's true , i hadn't factored that in, they should be in at least the top 5
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 14 Sep - 21:23:25

This game against Arsenal was always going to be the true test of whether City were genuine top 4 contenders. I think it's now safe to say we can take them seriously. (Well, apart from Emmanuel Adebayor, what a prick that man is)
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 15 Sep - 5:46:01

Dan_the_Owl wrote:This game against Arsenal was always going to be the true test of whether City were genuine top 4 contenders. I think it's now safe to say we can take them seriously. (Well, apart from Emmanuel Adebayor, what a prick that man is)
You can say that again. He needs a lengthy ban to let every player know that this behaviour is not acceptable under any circumstances.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by borophil Tue 15 Sep - 9:28:57

Yeah i had to transfer him out of my fantasy team today. Drogba in instead
borophil
borophil
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Mon 21 Sep - 0:52:34

Obviously the "stamp" is a different matter , but i must admit i thought his goal celebration was absolute class.
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 1:05:29

City under the cosh now, Shay Given is having a blinder of a game and keeping them in it, at the moment though there looks like there is only going to be one winner and its not them.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 1:15:32

There you go, Fletcher makes it 3 - 2. it was coming.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 1:24:53

Bellamy 3- 3 , Man Utd thrown it away after dominating most of the game Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 1:29:35

Owen makes it 4 - 3 .
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 21 Sep - 1:40:50

yorkie64red wrote:Owen makes it 4 - 3 .

For a neutral that was one of the best games ive ever seen glad i watched it now
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 1:53:29

Yep i bet Hughs is seething though, who you going for in the Chelsea match Pete, i'm going for Spurs, only in that i can't stand Chelsea.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 21 Sep - 1:55:38

yorkie64red wrote:Yep i bet Hughs is seething though, who you going for in the Chelsea match Pete, i'm going for Spurs, only in that i can't stand Chelsea.

Spurs to win 3-1. good tatic by fergie really stick on a sub in injury time and the rules state more time does get added on don't know about extra 2 mins like thought its only an extra min they add on
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 1:57:47

Your not a secret manure fan r u Pete Razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 21 Sep - 2:00:31

yorkie64red wrote:Your not a secret manure fan r u Pete Razz

No there there is only one blood running through me and it is rovers blood cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 2:03:01

thank god for that... bounce
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 21 Sep - 2:05:50

yorkie64red wrote:thank god for that... bounce

I thought for a minute there i was going to have to be setting Steve on to you lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 2:08:41

Think he must be in the bad books from the other night, he seems to have dissapeared, then again he could be working Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 21 Sep - 2:10:35

yorkie64red wrote:Think he must be in the bad books from the other night, he seems to have dissapeared, then again he could be working Wink

Laughing It was a good night though enjoyed it i was still a bit weak last night pale
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Sep - 2:26:00

Will have to get Matty out next time, he can show us how to Drink drunken was a good night though, will have to do it again soon Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 21 Sep - 2:28:12

yorkie64red wrote:Will have to get Matty out next time, he can show us how to Drink drunken was a good night though, will have to do it again soon Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 21 Sep - 3:35:18

yorkie64red wrote:Yep i bet Hughs is seething though, who you going for in the Chelsea match Pete, i'm going for Spurs, only in that i can't stand Chelsea.
Would Hughes have been seething if City had snatched the game late into injury time.?
Listening to the whingeing on Talk Sport made me want to phone up and point this out............Jeez some folk in our game are pathetic. Ferguson time would have become Hughes' time if the score had gone the othe way wouldn't it or am I missing something here ? I was at work sounds like a great game though. Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next