The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know you're getting old when...

5 posters

Go down

You know you're getting old when... Empty You know you're getting old when...

Post by Captain Cook Tue 15 Sep - 5:00:56

Half the grounds you have visited have been knocked down and replace by new stadiums Crying or Very sad
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

You know you're getting old when... Empty Re: You know you're getting old when...

Post by jucyberry Tue 15 Sep - 5:08:27

You know you are geting old when you start saying......................When I was a kid music was music not that racket.. Laughing ...................................
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

You know you're getting old when... Empty Re: You know you're getting old when...

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 15 Sep - 5:09:01

Older maybe, but you're the envy of younger ones like myself.

I was going to Hillsborough for a home game late last season, think it was Southampton in April, was lucky enough to get talking to an old fella on the train who was from Scarborough who was tying up some loose ends on having seen a game at all the league grounds. He'd seen every league club at some point, but then new grounds were springing up, and even in his 70s he was still hunting 'em down. He was of course going to see Rotherham play at Don Valley that day. His all time favourite player was Wilf Mannion, that'll give you an idea of how long he's been watching football. I could've listened to his stories all day.

Might as well ask....which ground that has passed (Ayresome aside) did you enjoy most?
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Tue 15 Sep - 5:18:53

That's a big question. Which of the Old grounds did i like best.

Baseball Ground- Derby. Always a good day out
Victoria Gropund - Stoke a good turnoput by Boro fans

Other Ground enjoyed
.Gay Meadow - Shrewsbury
Burnden park - Bolton
Hignbury - Arsenal
Joker Park - The mackems
Boothferry park- Hull City
Highfield Road- Coventry
Filbert Street -Leicester
Maine Road- man City
Millmoor- Rotherham
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 15 Sep - 5:21:00

Some good ones there, from what I remember, the Baseball Ground was a really tight pitch, made for a good atmosphere.

You've even me feel a bit old there. I'm only 25, but I've been to Highbury, Highfield Road and Maine Road! No
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Tue 15 Sep - 5:27:59

Probaby close a lot more of the old ground before you are much older. I've stopped travellling now so no chance of seeing any of the newer grounds.

Derby was a very compact ground with lots of terraced streets around it> Very much like Ayresome Park.

Of course in those days there was a lot of trouble at the games. At Derby they could pen you in at one end of the ground.

Man City was always a naughty place to visit.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by borophil Tue 15 Sep - 6:29:40

surprised you didnt mention Leicester, filbert street that was always 'naughty'
borophil
borophil
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Tue 15 Sep - 8:19:24

Yes phil it was a bit naughty. Went there a few times.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 17 Sep - 9:16:38

Transporter wrote:Yes phil it was a bit naughty. Went there a few times.
Ah the old Baseball ground and Maine rd. were two of the scary one's. This ground 'hunting' thing is daft I gave it some years back having done 70+grounds. I know some of our fans have done most of the new and old down to Conference level some even doing the Dutch/French leagues too. It's a hobby that you have to cut down on with a wife and kids.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum