The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portsmouth

+8
LuckyGirl
Captain Cook
diggerman
thornabyred
Terrier2009
East Yorks Rover
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Portsmouth Empty Portsmouth

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Feb - 3:59:43

Given stay of execution, they have seven days to sort out there debts..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8505321.stm
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth Empty Re: Portsmouth

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Feb - 4:06:31

Cardiff and Southend both had there winding up orders adjourned as well. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 11 Feb - 5:14:10

yorkie64red wrote:Cardiff and Southend both had there winding up orders adjourned as well. No

Is that a 'wind-up' ? Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 11 Feb - 5:38:00

Quite honestly I hope the rug is pulled from underneath Portsmouth, and that the players can't find jobs to go to. It might begin a move to make the demands of players fit in to the real economics of football. All that needs to happen then is for Sky to start querying the price they pay for football, and for the Prem. clubs to start squeeling. I would have no sympathy whatsoever.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 11 Feb - 5:58:55

East Yorks Rover wrote:Quite honestly I hope the rug is pulled from underneath Portsmouth, and that the players can't find jobs to go to. It might begin a move to make the demands of players fit in to the real economics of football. All that needs to happen then is for Sky to start querying the price they pay for football, and for the Prem. clubs to start squeeling. I would have no sympathy whatsoever.

Good post EY, time the players and clubs got real before the clubs implode on an even more alarming rate. Wage cap just has to be implemented.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 11 Feb - 6:42:53

It most certainly does. I'm sorry but the amount some players get paid is beyond ridiculous! I feel sorry for the little people who will lose jobs when one of these clubs completely folds but it does need to happen and soon. There is no way that it can carry on as it has been.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Thu 11 Feb - 6:47:08

as much as I dont like pompey I wouldnt like the genuine fans to suffer.
We were there in 1986 when Boro were within minutes of not existing and the feeling was the worst ever. When you think days before the season started we didnt have a ground as it was padlocked up.Had to play our opening game over at Hartlepool.Thats why there is a special bond between us older boro fans and Sir Gibbo.

Can you imagine pompey not being there,what would John Westwood do then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Portsmouth_Football_Club_Westwood
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 11 Feb - 6:48:57

It would be strange not having them and I really don't like the idea of people suffering but the players need to learn that they cannot demand however much they want or think they deserve.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Thu 11 Feb - 6:54:41

Its not all down to players, the likes of sky and murdoch etc offered the money and then clubs offer this on to players,then some demand more.
Then clubs dont pay creditors and tax is normally the one they all try to leave till last.
Looks like Pompey have a week to get sorted, they will come up with some story or other.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 11 Feb - 6:56:40

I just think it's about time that they ridiculous amounts of money that are thrown around stop. Whoever does it needs top realise that it can't carry on. I just hope it's sorted sooner rather than later or there may be more problems for smaller clubs.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Thu 11 Feb - 8:19:17

I agree that players at premier league clubs earn FAR too much money , but i personally don't blame the players themselves.
It's only human nature to accept as much money as if offered - the problem lies in football itself and all the sky input.

Aye red - i remember 1986 vividly , we have a lot to thank Hartlepool for.
I firmly believe if they didn't step in when they did then there'd be no MFC now.
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Feb - 8:40:25

hoolahoop wrote:

Good post EY, time the players and clubs got real before the clubs implode on an even more alarming rate. Wage cap just has to be implemented.

To have a wage cap though it would have to be implemented on a worldwide basis, it is no good having one here if in france and Italy they are paying more, and it will never happen, although something needs to be done..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 11 Feb - 22:49:19

yorkie64red wrote:

To have a wage cap though it would have to be implemented on a worldwide basis, it is no good having one here if in france and Italy they are paying more, and it will never happen, although something needs to be done..

It could only be implemented by FIFA globally as you rightly said. Annual returns would have to be prepared for their perusal and a far more open reporting system of P & L' s etc.made compulsary.
As much as common sense dictates that a measure of this nature needs to be taken, I just can't see that happening as the bigger clubs in Europe would never even entertain it.
There is however a chance of a fairer proportionate share of Pay to View monies being agreed with Sky, BBC and the like to help maintain the smaller clubs who currently benefit very little (if at all) ; this again would need sanctioning by both these bodies and the 'Powerhouses' within both the British and European game. Again the fatcats would be highly unlikely to ever sanction a decrease in their income.
Decrease the injection of income to the Prem. and you could solve this overnight as they would have much reduced incomes to 'flash' about and would thereby have to tighten their belts. Ergo reduction of capital expenditure for the bigger clubs who can afford the loss of some if not much of this extra income stream and ensure survival and increased income streams for the rest of the Divisions.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 11 Feb - 23:04:47

It would be great if they implemented a wage cap here and let the Spanish take the problem on. We would all of a sudden have a British football league again, instead of a first division consisting of 20 rest of the world teams. I can appreciate what foreign players do, and their coaches, but isn't it about time we reclaimed our football? Good players like Matt Mills, Brian Stock, Paul green etc should be plying their trade at at the highest level, and they would also improve their games faster, making the home nations teams much stronger. It is ridiculous that players like Matthew james, Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshire are having to go to the second division to be able to play. They are the future internationals for England but are kept under by foreign players who are only chasing money.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Fri 12 Feb - 1:07:27

relly don't care much about any of the clubs involved but as someone who went through the dark days of 86 with Boro I have simpathies with the fans.

It's all down to money. The people in charge at these clubs and the players would soon find other employment. Wit fans it's a lifetime commitment.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 18 Feb - 2:11:47

In court again today, they have till 4pm to bring the required paperwork to court to show they can pay there debts, will they pull it off again this time.. scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 18 Feb - 5:57:44

What's the latest on this then. Guessing there can only be so much patience.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 18 Feb - 6:01:19

Terrier2009 wrote:What's the latest on this then. Guessing there can only be so much patience.

They got the paperwork to the court just in time by the sounds of it, HMRC now have a couple of weeks to go through it to see if in there opinion the club is solvent, they then have to go back to court where i suppose the Judge will hear both sides and make a decision.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 18 Feb - 6:02:20

Well more waiting then. I hope for the clubs sake it gets sorted.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Thu 18 Feb - 9:36:33

They really need to get it sorted, as do a few other clubs.

Time for 'fit and proper' to mean something maybe?

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 18 Feb - 9:47:33

Wait and see i guess.
Its a joke how they got into this mess in the first place.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 18 Feb - 10:56:34

It does amaze me just how much some of the clubs owe. Surely somewhere along the line the must think about how it has to be paid back. Then again maybe not.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 19 Feb - 1:05:04

Just on SSn that they have asked the Premier League permission to sell players outside the transfer window to raise cash, sorry but it can't be one rule for a premier league club and another rule for everyone else, can't see them been allowed to do it.. scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 19 Feb - 1:45:39

No that should not be allowed although i would take a few of there players on a knockdown price.

On a serious note though the pl are surely going to decline.
its wrong imo. cheers
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 19 Feb - 5:49:23

yorkie64red wrote:Just on SSn that they have asked the Premier League permission to sell players outside the transfer window to raise cash, sorry but it can't be one rule for a premier league club and another rule for everyone else, can't see them been allowed to do it.. scratch

Would be funney though if it did hapen you could imagine an auction we have £5 bid for David James any more bids going once going twice SOLD

Joking aside on bbc aswell http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/homepage/d/int/sport/top/2/-/news/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next