The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yorkshire Tourist Spots

5 posters

Go down

Yorkshire Tourist Spots Empty Yorkshire Tourist Spots

Post by thornabyred Wed 16 Sep - 6:24:27

Whitby as far as seaside goes, not as commercial as Scarbrough. Good pubs and chippies, good fishing from the piers. Used to often see Heartbeat getting filmed on visits.
Sandsend Runswick Bay and Robin Hoods bay ok for short visits.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Yorkshire Tourist Spots Empty Re: Yorkshire Tourist Spots

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Sep - 8:26:41

Lovely places, can I add Grosmont, Helmsley, Ripon, York...........Jeez we have a beautiful county. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Sep - 9:14:53

We really are blessed and lucky to live in such a wonderful county, for me the North York Moors take some beating , and York is fantastic, just wish they would bring back the Ridings.... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Sep - 10:02:48

yorkie64red wrote:We really are blessed and lucky to live in such a wonderful county, for me the North York Moors take some beating , and York is fantastic, just wish they would bring back the Ridings.... Smile
The 'Ridings' should be returned to their former glories along with their original boundaries.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Wed 16 Sep - 17:22:41

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:We really are blessed and lucky to live in such a wonderful county, for me the North York Moors take some beating , and York is fantastic, just wish they would bring back the Ridings.... Smile
The 'Ridings' should be returned to their former glories along with their original boundaries.

without a doubt.
sick of bein classed as a Geordie by southerners
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Sep - 19:08:15

The 'Ridings' should be returned to their former glories along with their original boundaries.[/quote]

Well they made a start, we have the East Riding although that includes Goole which was originally in the West Riding, just need the other 2 bringing back now.... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 16 Sep - 19:45:08

Without a doubt we are blessed with some of the finest countryside and seaside areas in Britain.

Yet the area around Middlesbrough is continually being slagged off in the media.

Have they toured the wider are? I think not or they would not have such a blinkered view.

My favourites at the moment are Saltburn and any where in NY moors.

Fantastic place.

Yorkshire rules ok cheers
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Sep - 20:13:05

Transporter wrote:Without a doubt we are blessed with some of the finest countryside and seaside areas in Britain.

Yet the area around Middlesbrough is continually being slagged off in the media.

Have they toured the wider are? I think not or they would not have such a blinkered view.

My favourites at the moment are Saltburn and any where in NY moors.

Fantastic place.

Yorkshire rules ok cheers
Yorkshire does indeed rule. We are tarred with a similar brush despite having a beautiful town centre and fantastic open land surrounding our great Borough. Unfortunately our local Social Services and Council in general is responsible for that! Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 16 Sep - 20:28:53

What about this Mayor of yours? It looks like he has some radical ideas.

Middlesbrough has suffered years of taunts about the child abuse enquiry so we know where you are coming from.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Sep - 23:32:45

Transporter wrote:What about this Mayor of yours? It looks like he has some radical ideas.

Middlesbrough has suffered years of taunts about the child abuse enquiry so we know where you are coming from.
Yet to 'suss' the new mayor out , he seems far more popular/high profile nationally than he does locally. Suppose we will have to wait and see especially with the interest that the Council (and hence him) have with our stadium facilities..........it being a so-called ''Community Stadium''.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 17 Sep - 1:42:46

Community stadium hey!

well thats one that ours hasn't come up with yet lol!
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 17 Sep - 3:24:02

[quote="Transporter"]What about this Mayor of yours? It looks like he has some radical ideas.

The problem today is that if anyone dares to speak on any agenda that is against the norm, he/she is considered Racist, i think the Mayor has had alot of bad press but in all honesty i have not seen anything that he has said or done that i am against, he said he does not want tax payers money spent on gay pride events, i think the majority of people would agree with him, he is not against the event, just that if they want it they should pay for it, he wants to get rid of all Political Quangos, the people who come up with these stupid rules like you can't sing Ba Ba blacksheep and the like, well if he does that i'm all for it, i think the problem is the establishment if i can call it that are terrified of him making a success of it, thats the last thing they want, and i suppose becauce i agree with him on so many things i am a racist too, but hell i can live with that if he changes things for the better, Doncaster is a brilliant town, in all honesty i think the best place you can live in South Yorkshire it gets alot of bad press some deserved most of it not, basically all i'm saying is give the guy a chance, and i wonder how many people who slag him off actually bothered to go out and vote, there i will get off my soap box now Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 17 Sep - 4:47:01

[quote="yorkie64red"]
Transporter wrote:What about this Mayor of yours? It looks like he has some radical ideas.

The problem today is that if anyone dares to speak on any agenda that is against the norm, he/she is considered Racist, i think the Mayor has had alot of bad press but in all honesty i have not seen anything that he has said or done that i am against, he said he does not want tax payers money spent on gay pride events, i think the majority of people would agree with him, he is not against the event, just that if they want it they should pay for it, he wants to get rid of all Political Quangos, the people who come up with these stupid rules like you can't sing Ba Ba blacksheep and the like, well if he does that i'm all for it, i think the problem is the establishment if i can call it that are terrified of him making a success of it, thats the last thing they want, and i suppose becauce i agree with him on so many things i am a racist too, but hell i can live with that if he changes things for the better, Doncaster is a brilliant town, in all honesty i think the best place you can live in South Yorkshire it gets alot of bad press some deserved most of it not, basically all i'm saying is give the guy a chance, and i wonder how many people who slag him off actually bothered to go out and vote, there i will get off my soap box now Rolling Eyes
Shouln't you be working ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 17 Sep - 8:50:34

[quote="hoolahoop"]
yorkie64red wrote:

Shouln't you be working ?

I can always find time to get on my soapbox Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down