The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well thoughts people on today's game

+3
hoolahoop
The Wednesday
pkt_drfc
7 posters

Go down

Well thoughts people on today's game Empty Well thoughts people on today's game

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Sep - 4:35:06

just listened to sod interview not happy at all which is you could understand too very poor teams today sod said there is no excuses for a performance like that all the work has just gone out of the window the players did not listen to a word i said
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Well thoughts people on today's game Empty Re: Well thoughts people on today's game

Post by The Wednesday Sun 20 Sep - 4:44:19

What was the score? I know you were 1-0 up at one point.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Well thoughts people on today's game Empty Re: Well thoughts people on today's game

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 20 Sep - 4:48:43

3-3
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 20 Sep - 4:57:25

pkt_drfc wrote:3-3
It was a bloody shambles and a lot of the blame has to go to SO'D himself with the strange substitutions he made. When a team (like ours) goes a goal up to 2-1 you DON'T mess about with your midfield! A poor poor display, plenty of entertainment for all but for many of the wrong reasons. Chambo was an absolute menace, I was scared to death any time that the Ipswich forward line were anywhere near him!
A massive improvement is needed now! Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Sep - 5:05:50

Will need to improve before Saturday or it could be embarassing, O Connor should have been brought on for Chambers who was not having a good day, good Job Quinten Fortune got us the equaliser Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 20 Sep - 5:13:11

yorkie64red wrote:Will need to improve before Saturday or it could be embarassing, O Connor should have been brought on for Chambers who was not having a good day, good Job Quinten Fortune got us the equaliser Wink
Yep just in the middle of slagging off Fortune and then he strikes like a panther................he spoilt a damn good moan amongst us. lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Sep - 5:29:44

I liked the Blade who came on Radio Dee Daa, his first visit to the keepmoat and thought the Rovers were excellent and well worth his £23, when told that it was not the best that Rovers play, he said we must really be spoit if we play better then he witnessed today.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Sep - 6:02:34

I think we really missed Stocky today, hope his ankle injury heals quick, really need him for saturday...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 20 Sep - 10:30:16

well, heres my take on what happened.

the first half was pants, they came at us way 2 easily, but to be honest playing what seemed like a 5-3-2 that was always going to be the case, we were just guilty of giving them the ball too easily when we got it.

second half was better, i thought we looked more composed, and a much better attacking force than in the first half. a strike from that kind of distance from woods has been a long time coming, great stuff, and a corner used properly for a change, very good to see.

yet again, 2 set pieces lead to goals for the opposition, its so frustrating when you consider we dont drop many goals from open play, fotunes equaliser was immense.

i think based on the overall performance a draw was probably a fair result, but i wouldnt have picked 3-3, SOD knows a hell of a lot more about football than i do but he is clearly not a happy man, i mean, for him to not even comment on how good the strikes were from woods and fortune, and to just say that it was a game of "2 poor teams"...he's clearly pissed off, but considering the formation we played i dont think we were THAT bad.

on a side note, im getting more and more impressed with sharp and fairhurst up front together, playing a 2 pronged attack seems to be giving us just what we need, people attacking the box rather than relying on goals to come from midfield, and i'd like to see them playing together as out and out strikers even more. one thing these last 2 games have shown me is that they are both fighters, and are both willing to put themselves about, very impressed with them so far.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 22 Sep - 7:21:52

[quote="superspy"]

i think based on the overall performance a draw was probably a fair result, but i wouldnt have picked 3-3, SOD knows a hell of a lot more about football than i do but he is clearly not a happy man, i mean, for him to not even comment on how good the strikes were from woods and fortune, and to just say that it was a game of "2 poor teams"...he's clearly pissed off, but considering the formation we played i dont think we were THAT bad.

quote]

Well he certainly knows a hell of a lot more than I do but I agree with you given the formation - it was never set up for the passing game we're known for. Defending set pieces was dire but if there was a positive it was actually scoring like we did - that would not have have happened this time last season

To me its a bit ironic... we've played amazing attractive football and got zero yet when we battle it out we've still got a result of some kind

I don't want to see us lose the brilliant football we play but it was nice to see the fighting spirit too and more than the odd goal - lets hope we can reach a compromise between the two, then we could really push on
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Tue 22 Sep - 11:10:48

we wont lose the brilliance, this was just a dip.

certain people seem to be assuming that our passing game should still have just been as good because we played a "3-5-2"....sorry but thats crap, it was quite clearly a 5-3-2 with attacking wing backs, but lets be honest, regardless of how many we play at the back our LB and RB ALWAYS push forward anyway.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 22 Sep - 19:40:39

Wing backs is a misnomer in Chambers case though, just beyond the half way line and he is looking to cross the ball in at the back of our small forwards heads. Not good enough. When JOC comes back and he does those lovely runs towards the by line then you will see the value of the attacking full back. Roberts does a far better job on the left and joined up with attack well, Scunny could well end up suffering from a better pair of full backs on Saturday!
Sean had already put his paper in for the subs before the goal from Woods went in, so it had to happen. Trouble is that the defence didn't do its job too well in the match. Several times in the first half Hird was running back into the centre of defence rather than attacking the winger with the ball. Natural instinct for him to do so, but he should have acted as a full back in those circumstances when there are three centre backs. Priskin is a difficult man to defend against with such a great cross coming in but the other two goals required a CB to just put the foot through the ball and hoof it out while they regrouped. We can't have that sort of chaos going on.
Do we play Heffs with Billy next time? I know Waide scored but do we need another good striker to work with Billy? There is no doubt that Heffs is a great striker, I would start him and out Waide on the bench next time.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Tue 22 Sep - 20:46:32

not sure whether it would be a massive confidence knock for waide being on the bench after getting 2 in 2.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 22 Sep - 21:08:49

He should expect to sit it out even if he has done well, he is till learning the trade and I suspect that SOD/ROK will rest him regularly rather than allow a burn out. He would understand if the Boss tells him why, nobody around Rovers throws teddies out for their decisions.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Wed 23 Sep - 8:31:07

yeah thats true, i dont remember any player tantrums as such.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 23 Sep - 8:41:19

superspy wrote:yeah thats true, i dont remember any player tantrums as such.
East Yorks Rover, I think , unlike you, that SO'D will run with the same pairing up front and that they will destroy the Scunts in our 'away home' match.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 25 Sep - 4:23:53

Just can't see him dropping fairhurst for the Scunny game, Hayter is expected to make the bench, and Heffernan is still struggling, there is Lewis of course or is there.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Fri 25 Sep - 9:11:01

Hayter should be tried as a midfielder, he is happier there anyway, he might even be good as a Stock type player.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Sep - 5:56:39

East Yorks Rover wrote:Hayter should be tried as a midfielder, he is happier there anyway, he might even be good as a Stock type player.
Do you know Will that idea has been discussed a number of times and might well work. He works hard , can tackle, place a good ball and might just be the answer. Smile Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 26 Sep - 6:55:11

I think Sod will want to get hayter back into the squad , if he keeps going with Sharp and Fairhurst which he will probably do then wills idea is an option he might try, still think he will be on the Bench tommorow though.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 Sep - 7:02:04

yorkie64red wrote:I think Sod will want to get hayter back into the squad , if he keeps going with Sharp and Fairhurst which he will probably do then wills idea is an option he might try, still think he will be on the Bench tommorow though.
Personally I'm more worried about our defense with 'deadball' situations, I hope SO'D has got them bloody sorted out after the shambles last week. Rolling Eyes
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 26 Sep - 7:10:50

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:I think Sod will want to get hayter back into the squad , if he keeps going with Sharp and Fairhurst which he will probably do then wills idea is an option he might try, still think he will be on the Bench tommorow though.
Personally I'm more worried about our defense with 'deadball' situations, I hope SO'D has got them bloody sorted out after the shambles last week. Rolling Eyes

I hope so too, will soon find out, i think we will be much improved tommorow, just hope O Connor starts , think we have missed him , a player who does not get the recognition that he deserves, Chambers seemed to be the weak link last week, so lets see what Sod decides... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down