The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oldham rate guy.

+3
yorkie64red
Dagenham Rover
d.r.f.c
7 posters

Go down

Oldham rate guy. Empty Oldham rate guy.

Post by d.r.f.c Mon 12 Apr - 22:51:44

If u never play for us again, thank u for your effort and 100% commitment and above all else those goals! Well done Mr Penney too.

is this the same person everyone slagged off when he signed for us?

i hope he can stay till the end of the season as what chaddy smoker said was bang on, came in to do a job and has surpassed his needs with great commitment and passion to a club he barely knows. if only the rest of the squad would take a page out of his proffessionalism handbook, even though its their permanent club.

great news the lad works his nuts off and he,s got pace to burn and he looks like he wants to play for the shirt

Good luck to him.

d.r.f.c
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Oldham rate guy. Empty Re: Oldham rate guy.

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 13 Apr - 0:48:09

He's staying at Oldham till the end off the season http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2021970,00.html
24 hour recall although I would imagine we won't see anymore of him in the hoops.
Good luck and thanks for everything
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 13 Apr - 2:24:20

He was never going to make it at Rovers the resentment a certain group of the supporters had for him seemed to make him a target everytime he went onto the pitch, he gave his best and i for one am grateful for that, i wish him well and hopefully he will prosper under a new club and fanbase..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Wed 14 Apr - 4:01:35

yorkie64red wrote:He was never going to make it at Rovers the resentment a certain group of the supporters had for him seemed to make him a target everytime he went onto the pitch, he gave his best and i for one am grateful for that, i wish him well and hopefully he will prosper under a new club and fanbase..

absolutely spot on. i actually like guy, and i think with a bit of work on timing his runs he could be a good player for us. but unfortunately when the home crowd gets on your back at the slightest thing its not going to be very nice for him. but NOBODY can say he doesnt put effort in for us.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Wed 14 Apr - 5:04:09

He doesn't put the effort in for us! lol!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 14 Apr - 21:03:41

East Yorks Rover wrote:He doesn't put the effort in for us! lol!

lol! lol! lol! That's just the point he did and didn't think where that effort should have been channelled. He was always struggling with a crisis of confidence especially when coming on to the pitch with the sound of 'booing' ringing in his ears.
Good luck in his career.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 22 Apr - 0:23:43

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle vue our real home. Thu 22 Apr - 17:30:59

Lewis Guy gave his all but those who boo him should hang there head in shame.
My biggest problem with him was that whenever we brought him off for a striker he dropped back further than hayter and he looked more of a defensive midfielder to me.
I think he is more of a winger,he has a lot of pace to burn and lets be honest he knows how to win a free kick outside the box and he aint a bad crosser of the ball.
When he puts that doncaster shirt on he should have every single persons respect in donny.

Belle vue our real home.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 22 Apr - 19:09:59

Belle vue our real home. wrote:Lewis Guy gave his all but those who boo him should hang there head in shame.
My biggest problem with him was that whenever we brought him off for a striker he dropped back further than hayter and he looked more of a defensive midfielder to me.
I think he is more of a winger,he has a lot of pace to burn and lets be honest he knows how to win a free kick outside the box and he aint a bad crosser of the ball.
When he puts that doncaster shirt on he should have every single persons respect in donny.

Well said, at the moment its Mark Wilson getting the grief who's next?
Our lot just are not happy unless they are berating somebody.
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle vue our real home. Fri 23 Apr - 1:39:17

I would give wilson a new contract.
He is a bit of a scruffy player if you know what i mean.
He fits in well and does the nitty gritty stuff no one else does.
He is not the most beautiful player to watch but he does the buissness.
Hes a hardworker too. Shocked
Its vital we keep hold off him. Surprised

Belle vue our real home.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Apr - 3:30:17

Belle vue our real home. wrote:I would give wilson a new contract.
He is a bit of a scruffy player if you know what i mean.
He fits in well and does the nitty gritty stuff no one else does.
He is not the most beautiful player to watch but he does the buissness.
Hes a hardworker too. Shocked
Its vital we keep hold off him. Surprised

Oh i think Wilson will be given a new contract jack, he is a Sod favourite and theres no wonder with the effort he puts in week in week out..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 24 Apr - 6:40:28

yorkie64red wrote:

Oh i think Wilson will be given a new contract jack, he is a Sod favourite and theres no wonder with the effort he puts in week in week out..

I agree a good player but he will be getting double the ''booing'' now that Lewis looks like he's going. Sad Just when will some of our supporters grow up and ''support'' everybody that wears our shirt. I like Wilson and have never thought of him as a scruffy player, he's good and more to the point ............he's OURS to support.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 24 Apr - 19:04:49

hoolahoop wrote:

I agree a good player but he will be getting double the ''booing'' now that Lewis looks like he's going. Sad Just when will some of our supporters grow up and ''support'' everybody that wears our shirt. I like Wilson and have never thought of him as a scruffy player, he's good and more to the point ............he's OURS to support.

Yeh but he does live in Scunthorpe Laughing Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 24 Apr - 19:26:41

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Yeh but he does live in Scunthorpe Laughing Laughing

Is he a ''real'' Scunt then Daggers, if so should we play him today............I fancy him for a goal against them then. lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down