The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down ???

+6
Dan_the_Owl
NIGHTMARE
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
hoolahoop
BantamValley
2ellandback
10 posters

Go down

Down ??? Empty Down ???

Post by 2ellandback Sun 25 Apr - 7:56:10

That's a bit off whoever's already decided Hull, and Wednesday are relegated. Rolling Eyes
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Down ??? Empty Re: Down ???

Post by BantamValley Sun 25 Apr - 8:21:21

Hmm.. I was thinking that... Wednesday aren't gone just yet as far as I'm aware?
BantamValley
BantamValley

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Sun 25 Apr - 8:52:17

No they aren't.

Somebody's obviously thought this was a good joke.
Clearly posted by someone who hasn't experienced relegation recently.

Let me remind you, it rips the soul out of you and your club. Question
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 25 Apr - 9:04:44

2ellandback wrote:No they aren't.

I agree and have already posted this to the Admin., Dan the Owl is seething when he finishes his shift tonight, I think he will be fighting for reinstatement to the CCC but the same can't be said for Hull unless they can score 20+ goals in their last 2 games.
If this is a joke IMO it's a poor one. Mad Mad Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 25 Apr - 22:12:49

Aye is a bit soon this. Think Hull are as good as down but if Palace lose on monday id say Wednesday would have more chance of staying up than Palace
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 25 Apr - 22:19:39

Let me remind you, it rips the soul out of you and your club.
Question

Yeah for a few seasons but its a chance to get rebuild and get a winning mentalaty off load the big earners get more fans in the ground and get the book balanced
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 25 Apr - 22:36:47

NIGHTMARE wrote:

Yeah for a few seasons but its a chance to get rebuild and get a winning mentalaty off load the big earners get more fans in the ground and get the book balanced

or in our case price every fucker out of the ground
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 26 Apr - 0:37:05

This^

Glad to see this forum has been reinstated to the Championship, at least for now. No sign of the fat lady yet, folks.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 26 Apr - 0:41:54

Shes getting ready dan do you think you'll beat palace if you have to ?

I think they'll win monday but if it comes down to it i think you'll beat them
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 26 Apr - 0:46:03

NIGHTMARE wrote:Shes getting ready dan do you think you'll beat palace if you have to ?

I think they'll win monday but if it comes down to it i think you'll beat them

I think Palace will do enough, whether it be on Monday or next weekend. Even if they do stumble on Monday, I just can't see, after the season we've had, how we can beat them on Sunday. I'm not willing to concede that we're down just yet, but yesterday was the first time I truly felt that we are heading to League One, and I certainly know where my money would be. But Wednesday being Wednesday, while there's a sliver of hope, they will continue to drag us along with it.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle vue our real home. Mon 26 Apr - 1:21:29

The fat lady has cleared her throat. Sad

Belle vue our real home.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Apr - 1:24:45

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

I think Palace will do enough, whether it be on Monday or next weekend. Even if they do stumble on Monday, I just can't see, after the season we've had, how we can beat them on Sunday. I'm not willing to concede that we're down just yet, but yesterday was the first time I truly felt that we are heading to League One, and I certainly know where my money would be. But Wednesday being Wednesday, while there's a sliver of hope, they will continue to drag us along with it.

Did you manage to sort those tickets Dan... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 26 Apr - 1:44:06

yorkie64red wrote:Did you manage to sort those tickets Dan... scratch

Yep, all set Brian, sorry to keep you all in the dark recently, just haven't had much time to post on here. I've got 5 tickets including one for myself (hope I've counted right there), we're in the North Stand. Hopefully the game will still mean something, but regardless I'll need a drink before and after!
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Apr - 1:51:31

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Yep, all set Brian, sorry to keep you all in the dark recently, just haven't had much time to post on here. I've got 5 tickets including one for myself (hope I've counted right there), we're in the North Stand. Hopefully the game will still mean something, but regardless I'll need a drink before and after!

Yep thats right, brilliant looking forward to it, can't see palace getting anything tommorow so it will be all to play for and let the best team win.. cheers cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 26 Apr - 3:30:56

yorkie64red wrote:

Yep thats right, brilliant looking forward to it, can't see palace getting anything tommorow so it will be all to play for and let the best team win.. cheers cheers

Indeed, I think we're going to a ''winner takes all'' Cup Final. Whatever the result we should have a bit of a laugh/drink and camaraderie....can't wait mesen. North Stand should be interesting too. Smile
Incidentally I can't understand why folk (Dan included) think that Palace have an earthly against a very slick West Brom team. scratch scratch scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Apr - 4:42:39

hoolahoop wrote:

Indeed, I think we're going to a ''winner takes all'' Cup Final. Whatever the result we should have a bit of a laugh/drink and camaraderie....can't wait mesen. North Stand should be interesting too. Smile
Incidentally I can't understand why folk (Dan included) think that Palace have an earthly against a very slick West Brom team. scratch scratch scratch

Perhaps its something to do with the old addage, always look on the black side and you won't be disappointed, personally i think Wednesday will survive by the skin of there teeth, having said all that if palace had not had the points deduction then the owls would already have been relegated.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Mon 26 Apr - 6:11:17

still keep everything crossed.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 26 Apr - 7:23:42

hoolahoop wrote:Incidentally I can't understand why folk (Dan included) think that Palace have an earthly against a very slick West Brom team. scratch scratch scratch

I feel that Palace couldn't wish for a greater incentive tomorrow night than knowing that a win keeps them up, and avoids a do-or-die last day at Hillsborough. I'm confident that West Brom (who are pursuing a record points total) will be up for the game, but just can't shake the nagging feeling in my mind that it might just be Palace's night.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 26 Apr - 7:27:01

yorkie64red wrote:Perhaps its something to do with the old addage, always look on the black side and you won't be disappointed...

You might have something there, what I should be doing is putting a few quid on a Palace win tomorrow night. A tidy little earner would certainly soften the blow, but more likely with my luck on football betting this season, they won't have a chance in hell of winning. Laughing
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Apr - 7:29:39

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

You might have something there, what I should be doing is putting a few quid on a Palace win tomorrow night. A tidy little earner would certainly soften the blow, but more likely with my luck on football betting this season, they won't have a chance in hell of winning. Laughing

Nah , Mugs game is betting.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 26 Apr - 7:32:43

yorkie64red wrote:Nah , Mugs game is betting.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You're telling me! Having first hand knowledge of how poorly bookmakers treat and pay their staff makes me grudge handing over any of my hard-earned back to them. But I am seriously tempted by that bet.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Mon 26 Apr - 7:54:14

Palace won't beat West Brom It will go down to the final game
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Apr - 7:58:36