The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to get this off my chest now...

+4
Belle vue our real home.
LuckyGirl
yorkie64red
Dan_the_Owl
8 posters

Go down

I want to get this off my chest now... Empty I want to get this off my chest now...

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 27 Apr - 2:19:34

...before tonight's massive game, while I'm not consumed with disappointment or perhaps worse, one final dose of optimism.

Following Wednesday, I've seen my fair share of shite this past decade. Few things depress me more than knowing that our club sunk so low to allow a calibre of player such as Craig Armstrong, Kim Olsen, Paul McLaren, Jon Beswetherick, Dean Smith, David Graham and countless others that I can't think of right now pull on our blue and white.

The succession of squads that dragged us from the Premier League to the bottom half of League One in just four years were awful, of that there can be no doubt. Too often, I came away from games bemoaning our lack of talent, but not often do I recall questioning our lack of effort or fight. And it is that which sets the shower of 2009/10 apart from the rest. Too many players who bust a gut last season as we overachieved, but this time round, with an improved contract in the bag, don't seem quite as up for the fight when that is exactly what we need. We've been in the brown stuff for a number of months now, but very rarely have we shown the fight needed to survive in this league.

Saturday's game at Cardiff just about summed it up for me. Our fans travelled in numbers as ever, and sang themselves hoarse for 90 minutes, and were actually APPLAUDED by the home fans at the end. The team committed the cardinal sin of conceding only moments after scoring, not once, but TWICE to leave us where we are now, standing uneasily on an increasingly creaky trapdoor. As the teams left the field (as usual, only Beevers, Spurr and Purse coming over to acknowledge the support), Leon Clarke pulled his very own 'William Gallas', and decided to have his own little strop by sitting in the middle of the pitch looking gutted. Maybe he thought that the Wednesday fans would start singing his name. He was wrong. What is true is that if he, along with several other impostors in the dressing room had showed some endeavour, and actually earned a single week's wages this season, we might not be so deep in trouble.

We deserve to go down, of that there can be no question. But we as fans do not deserve what we have been served up this season. On a personal note, I have spent an eye-watering amount of my hard-earned cash this season on flights, sleeper trains, hotels and countless consolation pints (I don't dare calculate the actual amount, for it would just depress me) following the team this season, and can almost count the points we've accumulated in those games on my two hands. I can accept mediocrity, hell I'm a Wednesdayite, if I couldn't, I'd have given up long ago. But no support should ever have to endure the feckless, spineless, disinterested and cowardly bunch that Sheffield Wednesday have been landed with in 2009/10. We have needed players who are fearless, and will scrap to the end to somehow dig us out of this hole, but we have been left wanting all season long. To those who will be joining me at the game on Sunday, expect more than one round of 'You're not fit to wear the shirt'.

Through the club's various forums (Owlstalk, Facebook, Twitter etc), the club last week communicated a message to the fans from the players, asking for our messages of support that could be passed on. Whose idea it was we'll never know, but it completely misses the point. The fans have given this team EVERYTHING this season. There was 35,000 fans at Hillsborough last weekend for f*ck sake, if that can't motivate our players, then its clear that nothing can. But if West Brom come through for us tonight, and somehow give us one last chance to fix this mess that these players do not deserve, they can still emerge from this wreck of a campaign with a shred of their dignity and reputations intact. For if we stay up, it will be not thanks to these players, but in spite of them. Roll on the summer clear-out.

Up the Owls.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

I want to get this off my chest now... Empty Re: I want to get this off my chest now...

Post by yorkie64red Tue 27 Apr - 3:17:04

Spoken from the heart Dan, lets hope Brom win tonight and then as you say its all down to that last game, hopefully you will pull it off as i really don't want to see wednesday go down i will miss our trips to Hillsborough.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

I want to get this off my chest now... Empty Re: I want to get this off my chest now...

Post by LuckyGirl Tue 27 Apr - 4:54:39

I hope so too Bri.

I want to go to Hillsborough again .......

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle vue our real home. Tue 27 Apr - 4:58:47

I want you to stay up too.
It really must feel horrible for you dan. Bless ya.

Belle vue our real home.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 27 Apr - 5:21:40

If we lose at weekend atleast you'll have a cup final to look forward to next season I want to get this off my chest now... Icon_wink
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Tue 27 Apr - 6:44:02

Good post Dan, similar thing to Boro since we went to Uefa final and today.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 27 Apr - 6:49:30

Dan that must be or should be the post of the year so far, well thought out.
I know that it has hurt you to write sush vitriolic statements about your club and I applaud you for your honesty.
Quite a few of us both know you and have met you and in spite of our differences know the feelings that you are going through, your stomach must be churning and yes you're right the squad of 2009/10 have not delivered what you as loyal supporters have deserved.
I hope the Baggies ''smash''them tonight not because that ''shower'' deserve it but because you and many others deserve a chance on Sunday.
We will be standing ''shoulder to shoulder'' with you come 1:00 Sunday and whatever the result wish you the very best.
Yes your team definitely don't deserve to avoid the trapdoor but many of your supporters (especially you) have earned the chance to help them save themselves as you have all season.
Best of luck................see you Sunday for the Cup Final. Lets hope that your team , for once, show they have at least some balls!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 27 Apr - 8:50:04

Well you live to fight another day Dan, sunday should be electric, really looking forward to it.. cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 27 Apr - 8:55:18

Me too KO at 1:00, plain blue top on and hopefully watching a win in the ''Stay UP'' Final with my mates. What more could I ask for oh and I get out of some gardening. lol!
You couldn't have written this script!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 27 Apr - 8:56:41

Well i'm going in my famous red and white Rovers top Very Happy
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 27 Apr - 8:58:48

pkt_drfc wrote:Well i'm going in my famous red and white Rovers top Very Happy

I think i will go in my overalls the state of that ground.. lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 27 Apr - 9:05:31

hoolahoop wrote:Me too KO at 1:00, plain blue top on and hopefully watching a win in the ''Stay UP'' Final with my mates. What more could I ask for oh and I get out of some gardening.

I had been wondering about your enthusiasm. It's all clear now. Wink Laughing

Thanks for the support guys, Sunday will be interesting to say the least! Looking forward to it. Cool

MAREK CECH: WEDNESDAY LEGEND
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 28 Apr - 6:49:49

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

I had been wondering about your enthusiasm. It's all clear now. Wink Laughing

Thanks for the support guys, Sunday will be interesting to say the least! Looking forward to it. Cool

MAREK CECH: WEDNESDAY LEGEND

Joking apart , I'm really looking forward to this game. Smile
What's the plan then, where, when and who ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum