The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Sharp.

+4
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
NIGHTMARE
yorkie64red
football-fan.
8 posters

Go down

Billy Sharp. Empty Billy Sharp.

Post by football-fan. Mon 10 May - 7:17:38

I have been thinking and this sounds stupid in a way but was his injury a bid to take him out of the shop window,it started with being a knock and then it turned into something more serious.

Was his injury meant to happen?

If so a very smart move by the club and planned or not i belive this was a blessing in disguise.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Billy Sharp. Empty Re: Billy Sharp.

Post by yorkie64red Mon 10 May - 7:21:06

I think it was a genuine injury but i agree in that it happened at the right time and that it may have taken him out of the limelight, i am feeling very hopeful that he will sign for us .. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Mon 10 May - 7:28:05

Well my friend spoke to him 3 week ago and this is the excact question and answer word for word.

What do you think the Sheffield United fans make of one of their players scoring so regularly for a rival club in the same division?

A: Lots of people have said that to me but at the end of the day it comes down to just one man’s decision (United boss Kevin Blackwell). He just doesn’t fancy me and while he is still the manager of the club I don’t appear to have a future there.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 10 May - 7:33:09

I'm glad to hear that he doesen't fancy him... lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 10 May - 7:38:03

he'll not sign for donny he'll end up at bigger club
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 10 May - 7:39:51

Lets wait and see, i reckon he will.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 10 May - 7:44:30

We were linked with him when all the shizzle with Beckford was going on, if Beckford did leave id be made up with signing Hooper
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Mon 10 May - 7:49:00

You leeds fans keep telling yourself you are signing hooper or sharp and see what happens.
You will be dissapointed,trust me billy wouldnt even consider playing for the whites at bell-end road. ha ha ha
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 10 May - 7:53:12

theres more chance of him going to leeds then donny
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 10 May - 7:54:36

Don't think so, no offence to Leeds but there would be more chance of him signing for the Owls.. pig
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley Army Mon 10 May - 10:05:49

every time i come on and have a browse through the forum all ya hear from the donny fans is billy sharp hes coming our way! all i do is laugh then a little more then eventually log off and do it again the next time i come on Smile

seriously guys youve gone as far as you can its now time to accept reality and realise that your just a small town in barnsley haha,

jokes aside.

i really dont expect billy to join you or any1 else other than certain play off challengers, why would he? after the season he had with your plenty of clubs will like him and lets face it its gunna be a relegation battle for your lot next year Smile youve had a good run this year and all praise due but without billy you would have been near the bottom and thats gunna be the story next year!

took me along time to be bothered to even write all this but after so long of reading such deluded opinions i decided it had to come, dont take offence as none is intended just a barnsley fan with a neutral opinion Wink

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 10 May - 19:44:20

Why you think we will be in a relegation battle god only knows, i'm sorry but its more likely to be yourselves in that relegation position after all you have been there or there abouts for the last couple of seasons, i am under no illusion that Billy will see his long term future at Rovers but lets be right we took a chance on him when no one else wanted to know, if any club is looking at him today its becauce of Rovers bringing the best out of him, like has been said Billy has said that he has never been happier then he has been while at Rovers and he has been made an offer which he is going to think about in the summer, now someone big might come in for him but he is a local lad and won't want to move far, he will see Doncaster as a stepping stone, i think we have as good a chance as any of signing him and i think it will happen, if what we hear is true Sod has been given a increased Budget to bring players in and we will be on a more level playing field when it comes to wages etc, anyway not too long until we find out. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 10 May - 20:16:43

It seems your not a massive club until you have graced the premier league to be honest i am getting f**king sick of it now small club blah blah blah heard it all before. Usually off morons what's got 1 brain cell
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 10 May - 20:22:39

We can't all be as big as Barnsley Pete, Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 10 May - 20:43:22

Billy Sharp will be at 1 of 2 clubs next season and they are DRFC or SUFC and that my friends is a fact, he has already verbally agreed to the contract offered to him by JR and will make a decision regarding putting pen to paper in the next few weeks after speaking to people at SUFC. A certain center half we have had at the club on loan this season will also be at DRFC as a permanent signing and we will also be making other signings that will bring smiles to plenty of faces. Trust in Sod, JR and the club as SoD has a transfer budget (not wage budget) of £2m for next season as JR see's it as a pivotal season for the club in terms of where we go as we have reached a crossroads.

I can't and wont say where i have been told this but my sources have always been bang on ever since i worked at the club in the late 80's Wink

p.s. Regarding Beckford for the leeds fans going on about Sharp & Hooper, rumour has it from people ITK at elland road that he will be still at Leeds next season.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 10 May - 23:03:19

Is a bit odd that like. Thought he might of played at the same club as Gazza M'c but dont think they ever played in't same squad.

Dont the people in them other pictures make you sick (not the players) just the fucking posers there
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 10 May - 23:10:27

I know what you mean, wonder how many actually go to the games, it was the same at ours the other week, not many proper fans there just corporates, i felt right out of place, as for Billy been there, players must meet loads of friends throughout the game, billy was at the Blades one ours and now Leeds and there the ones we know about, i'm sure that whoever he signs for it won't come down to who throws the best end of season bash.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 10 May - 23:23:27

Aye them vids of uncle Ken was at the end of season bash. personally id rather a piss up in town , with out posing tuppences like them Billy Sharp. Icon_wink

Yeh it'll just be fuck all, speak to people who say they footballers out in leeds most weekends
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 11 May - 9:24:24

App Billy is good mates with Leigh Bromby which might be why he was there - then again Grayson could have lured him there, got him drunk and got him to sign Wink

Matt Mills was out with our lads round Donny after our awards night (notice we didn't dare let him into the 'do') but I doubt he's on his way back from Reading to join us

I enjoyed the awards but I agree there were too many people there who knew nowt about Rovers. Mind you apparently the Burnley event ran late because fans wouldn't leave the players alone - bet they weren't hassling Laws Wink

Last edited by VixDRFC on Tue 11 May - 19:02:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell properly late at night!)
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Tue 11 May - 17:02:03

I think its young ben parker.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down