The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROBINS' KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN ON COLACE DEAL

+7
DoncasterTyke
yorkie64red
Dale BFC
RedNinja
football-fan.
hoolahoop
NIGHTMARE
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ROBINS' KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN ON COLACE DEAL Empty ROBINS' KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN ON COLACE DEAL

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 16 May - 19:35:19

BARNSLEY manager Mark Robins has admitted he is 'keeping his options open' with midfielder Hugo Colace yet to commit to a new contract at Oakwell.

Hugo has been offered an extension to his current deal, which expires at the end of June, but has not yet agreed to remain with the Reds.

Speaking exclusively to www.barnsleyfc.co.uk, Mark said: "I had a phone call from Hugo's agent and he wants more time to think over his next move. That is his prerogative but we cannot afford to stand still and we will be keeping our options open as well".

Mark has also revealed talks have been ongoing with an unidentified transfer target from abroad after returning from a 24-hour trip to Europe for discussions.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

ROBINS' KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN ON COLACE DEAL Empty Re: ROBINS' KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN ON COLACE DEAL

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 8:10:29

NIGHTMARE wrote:BARNSLEY manager Mark Robins has admitted he is 'keeping his options open' with midfielder Hugo Colace yet to commit to a new contract at Oakwell.

Hugo has been offered an extension to his current deal, which expires at the end of June, but has not yet agreed to remain with the Reds.

Speaking exclusively to www.barnsleyfc.co.uk, Mark said: "I had a phone call from Hugo's agent and he wants more time to think over his next move. That is his prerogative but we cannot afford to stand still and we will be keeping our options open as well".

Mark has also revealed talks have been ongoing with an unidentified transfer target from abroad after returning from a 24-hour trip to Europe for discussions.

Would that be a poaaible return for Maradona or perhaps Pele, Eusebio or even Cruyff given your massive spending power these days. It must be those huge crowds that you're getting eh ? lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

ROBINS' KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN ON COLACE DEAL Empty Re: ROBINS' KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN ON COLACE DEAL

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 19 May - 15:20:33

where as all this come from about our spending its not our fault we have a championship budget and Donny have one for League 1
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Wed 19 May - 17:20:05

yes but i can honestly say i can see the dingles going into big debt,breaking the bank for shackell most probally.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 20 May - 3:50:38

how do you know we broke the bank for him because plastic tan man said so whats he know about our finances he's the chairman of the pikeys not the dingles he wants to keep his sneck out of our business
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Thu 20 May - 4:45:21

Broke the bank for Shackell... The only player I'd say we might have broken the bank a little for was Iain Hume, we spent 1.2 mil to get him. (And it could have been so much more worth it than it already is if the 'incident' didn't happen)

We also sold quite a few players, and some that left we didn't sell, but we got rid of them off the wage bill meaning money was on a high.

And who knows, we may not have even paid too much for Shackell! Mick McCarthy is an ex red, he was born and raised in Barnsley, he might have said a few good words in Jason's ear about us?
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Fri 21 May - 7:24:17

NIGHTMARE wrote:where as all this come from about our spending its not our fault we have a championship budget and Donny have one for League 1

Spot on Nightmare......i find it hilarious the Pikeys are that jelous of our CHAMPIONSHIP BUDGET that they think were going to go into debt.....Again. Happened once, got the T-Shirt and PC wont let it happen again.

Not our problem if your skint and have a league 1/2 budget. Get over it Pikeys im sure you'll do fine Wink

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 May - 8:15:48

Dale BFC wrote:

Spot on Nightmare......i find it hilarious the Pikeys are that jelous of our CHAMPIONSHIP BUDGET that they think were going to go into debt.....Again. Happened once, got the T-Shirt and PC wont let it happen again.

Not our problem if your skint and have a league 1/2 budget. Get over it Pikeys im sure you'll do fine Wink

R+R

A budget is just that an affordable amount considering your individual club's circumstances and particularly income streams.
We don't have a Div.1 budget, we have a realistic CCC budget that resulted in a 12th. and 14th. finish in the Division over the last 2 seasons.......how did you do on your HUGE budget ? As for jealousy, I have none, otherwise I like others would consider switching allegiances.
It will be interesting to see how both our respective teams do in the 2010/11 season. Basketball Basketball Basketball
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Sat 22 May - 8:22:17

What huge budget? Who's said we have a huge budget? Not me, Nightmare or Red Ninja. We have a realistic NPOWER (new name?) championship wage structure and you couldnt compete with us. What does that say?

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Sat 22 May - 19:59:06

what does it say?

Your team spend each year and we dont yet we still come out on top in the final leauge standings so what does that say?

I dont know you tell me my 6 fingered freinds.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 22 May - 20:04:46

football-fan. wrote:what does it say?

Your team spend each year and we dont yet we still come out on top in the final leauge standings so what does that say?

I dont know you tell me my 6 fingered freinds.

Better players and a better manager i would guess Jack, did you see Robins face the other night when Rotherham got to go to wembley, he had a face like a smaked arse probably thinking what might have been and that i will never have that chance while at Barnsley... Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sat 22 May - 22:47:15

football-fan. wrote:Your team spend each year and we dont yet we still come out on top in the final leauge standings so what does that say?

It says we make crap signings, nothing more, nothing less... We had a lot of factors against us last season such as Simon Davey not participating in the reserve league (What the hell!?!?) which left most of our players not on the field/bench, unable to keep fit, unable to be judged whether to be thrown into the first team, but mostly... Unable to play real competitive matches.

Next season will be different, we have a manager that knows what he is doing and he is here from the start! So whatever happens next season with the team will be 100% his own doing.

We might have dipped towards the end this season but I'm confident for the next. cheers
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 22 May - 23:21:29

RedNinja wrote:

It says we make crap signings, nothing more, nothing less... We had a lot of factors against us last season such as Simon Davey not participating in the reserve league (What the hell!?!?) which left most of our players not on the field/bench, unable to keep fit, unable to be judged whether to be thrown into the first team, but mostly... Unable to play real competitive matches.

Next season will be different, we have a manager that knows what he is doing and he is here from the start! So whatever happens next season with the team will be 100% his own doing.

We might have dipped towards the end this season but I'm confident for the next. cheers

You probably do what we do, play behind closed door friendlies, Sod seems to think he gets more out of those then having a reserve team,seems to be the way alot of clubs are going these days.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 22 May - 23:25:31

it cost money to put reserve games on some managers pretend not to like them but if it want for saving money to spend on players they wunt scrap them
clubs that try to bring young kids up through the ranks need the reserve league
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sun 23 May - 10:10:55

Yes, Donny have finished above us for the last couple of seasons. Great, well done, have a cookie.

We have a new manager, buildign a new team. Nobody knows who will finish above who, and i couldn't give a rats ass to be honest. But like it or not my pikey friends, Barnsley are on the up, it will take time, but we are on the up and for me, theres exciting times ahead.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 24 May - 6:46:36

DoncasterTyke wrote:Yes, Donny have finished above us for the last couple of seasons. Great, well done, have a cookie.

We have a new manager, buildign a new team. Nobody knows who will finish above who, and i couldn't give a rats ass to be honest. But like it or not my pikey friends, Barnsley are on the up, it will take time, but we are on the up and for me, theres exciting times ahead.

The cookie tasted great DT and don't bet on a great season. We're looking for all 6 points this season off you and to stretching out our lead in the ''all time'' head to heads between our teams. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 May - 6:48:29

hoolahoop wrote:

The cookie tasted great DT and don't bet on a great season. We're looking for all 6 points this season off you and to stretching out our lead in the ''all time'' head to heads between our teams. Wink

I think there rise may take a large stumble depending what happens to Mr cryne..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 24 May - 6:49:44

DoncasterTyke wrote:Yes, Donny have finished above us for the last couple of seasons. Great, well done, have a cookie.

If we finish above you next season can i hold you to that? could even throw in a pint if you want mate, actually forget the cookie just the pint please ROBINS' KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN ON COLACE DEAL Icon_wink
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 May - 6:51:20

BOLLOCKS to the cookie i wan't a pint
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 24 May - 6:51:34

Cryne, Cryne over you, is that a Roy Orbison song and fancy he and they will be soon. Laughing Laughing Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 24 May - 8:20:11

how many players have you signed this summer so far ?

We have made two signings already and our season ticket deadline is this friday so i should think we'll make another this week
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 24 May - 8:24:13

NIGHTMARE wrote:how many players have you signed this summer so far ?

We have made two signings already and our season ticket deadline is this friday so i should think we'll make another this week

we are not into panic buying... Razz Razz Razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 24 May - 8:27:02

Just a min it is only 3 or 4 weeks since the season finished players are still on there holidays
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 24 May - 8:28:37

[quote="NIGHTMARE"]how many players have you signed this summer so far ?

We have made two signings already and our season ticket deadline is this friday so i should think we'll make another this week[/quote
Whoopeeedooo, ever heard of the Tortoise and the Hare fella. Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 24 May - 8:29:09

pkt_drfc wrote:Just a min it is only 3 or 4 weeks since the season finished players are still on there holidays

Its a hard life being a footballer mate
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next