The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millers v Shots Wednesday Play Off second leg

4 posters

Go down

Millers v Shots Wednesday Play Off second leg Empty Millers v Shots Wednesday Play Off second leg

Post by bradthemiller Tue 18 May - 21:06:52

Very worried about this one. We defended brilliantly down there & got a surprise 1-0 lead to take to DVS.
The Shots have got to come at us, so will hopefully be vulnerable on the break, so the next goal scored in the tie will be vital.
It wont be pretty as we'll have our crappy playing surface to contend with so im anticipating a lot of hoofball (which is the way we play anyhow) &
tension, but hopefully we'll get a 7000+ attendance which MAY generate some form of atmosphere for a change.

Prediction; 1-1 hopefully!!
bradthemiller
bradthemiller

Back to top Go down

Millers v Shots Wednesday Play Off second leg Empty Re: Millers v Shots Wednesday Play Off second leg

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 21:11:03

Any tickets left Brad ? I've never been to the DVS. Sad
Personally poor pitch or good pitch, I think you will hammer them for a cool 3-0 win and then you've got to win the Final to get your 'dream'' derby game against the Wendies. Very Happy
Good luck fella on Wednesday...........
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Millers v Shots Wednesday Play Off second leg Empty Re: Millers v Shots Wednesday Play Off second leg

Post by bradthemiller Tue 18 May - 21:16:07

hoolahoop wrote:Any tickets left Brad ? I've never been to the DVS. Sad
Personally poor pitch or good pitch, I think you will hammer them for a cool 3-0 win and then you've got to win the Final to get your 'dream'' derby game against the Wendies. Very Happy

Thanks for the good wishes Hoop. If you want to come over to DVS to give us a cheer tomorrow night, theres no need for tickets, just pay on the night (£18).
bradthemiller
bradthemiller

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 May - 21:17:59

hoolahoop wrote:Any tickets left Brad ? I've never been to the DVS. Sad

Thinking of going Hoola, good thing about it is that its a doddle to get to, but it really is a horrible place, i went to see Bradford play there and it was the coldest i have ever been, i feel for the Millers fans and players having to put up with the place, although it should be warmer tonight.. Smile don't forget your binoculors though you will need them, Shocked
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 21:19:58

Don't you fancy going or are you working ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 May - 21:21:24

hoolahoop wrote:Don't you fancy going or are you working ?

Working i'm afraid or i would have gone... Sad wish them well though, it would be good to see at least one yorkshire club get promoted this season.. bounce
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 21:24:14

Shame about York , all due respect to Udders and Rovrum , I was mightily pissed off when York never made it! Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 May - 21:31:27

hoolahoop wrote:Shame about York , all due respect to Udders and Rovrum , I was mightily pissed off when York never made it! Sad

I think Huddersfield will find it difficult tonight, i really do wish them well it would be great to see them visit the Keepmoat again especially as they were the first team we played there and beat.. Laughing but also Rotherham that would deprive Chesterfield of there only local Derby.. Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 21:36:07

yorkie64red wrote:

I think Huddersfield will find it difficult tonight, i really do wish them well it would be great to see them visit the Keepmoat again especially as they were the first team we played there and beat.. Laughing but also Rotherham that would deprive Chesterfield of there only local Derby.. Laughing Laughing

I think if Udders can get an early foothold in the game with their speed of attack , it could throw the game wide-open. IMO 1st. goal will win this one , second legs are all about early confidence and initiative. If they can get the locals restless and the 'Wall' players listless........they can win.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 May - 21:40:22

hoolahoop wrote:

I think if Udders can get an early foothold in the game with their speed of attack , it could throw the game wide-open. IMO 1st. goal will win this one , second legs are all about early confidence and initiative. If they can get the locals restless and the 'Wall' players listless........they can win.

Lets hope so, the thought of Millwall coming up is horrible.. affraid
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 21:46:16

Horrible but interesting nonetheless, I don't buy all this ''worse behaved fans'' rubbish. They have bad'uns like everybody else but now it seems to have escalated to the point whereby Police seem to think they can fly at them with fists.......what's going on ?
Then they wonder why the ''WALL'' have a problem with them!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 May - 21:48:03

hoolahoop wrote:Horrible but interesting nonetheless, I don't buy all this ''worse behaved fans'' rubbish. They have bad'uns like everybody else but now it seems to have escalated to the point whereby Police seem to think they can fly at them with fists.......what's going on ?
Then they wonder why the ''WALL'' have a problem with them!

They need to put there own house in order, they all know who the trouble makers are , oust them and move on..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 21:55:54

yorkie64red wrote:

They need to put there own house in order, they all know who the trouble makers are , oust them and move on..

True they do need to do just that but the harrassment at their every movement i.e. picking up tickets at Motorway services et al seems to galvanise them rather than encourage them to behave.
Perhaps a different approach is needed for this problem, what I don't know. scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by bradthemiller Thu 20 May - 1:39:50

Four hours to kick off & i'm bricking it!!
bradthemiller
bradthemiller

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Thu 20 May - 6:51:33

1-0 at half time.
adam le fondre 43 mins.
2-0 agg.

well there nearly there.

come on millers.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bradthemiller Fri 21 May - 1:43:14

A belated YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!
We thoroughly deserved it v a poor Shots side. Daggers at Wembley.....bring it on!!!
bradthemiller
bradthemiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down