The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National anthem

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

National anthem Empty National anthem

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 2:43:09

Anyone else notice that they didn't play the national anthem on Saturday for the championship playoff's, ssems it might have upset the Welsh...political correctness gone mad..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/stan-collymore/Stan-Collymore-column-Wembley-was-out-of-tune-by-not-playing-the-national-anthem-before-the-Championship-Play-off-Final-but-I-was-delighted-to-see-Blackpool-rock-article435743.html
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

National anthem Empty Re: National anthem

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 25 May - 3:53:39

yorkie64red wrote:Anyone else notice that they didn't play the national anthem on Saturday for the championship playoff's, ssems it might have upset the Welsh...political correctness gone mad..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/stan-collymore/Stan-Collymore-column-Wembley-was-out-of-tune-by-not-playing-the-national-anthem-before-the-Championship-Play-off-Final-but-I-was-delighted-to-see-Blackpool-rock-article435743.html

I must admit I nearly fell through the floor when they played the national anthem at the Masters tournament at the Keepmoat last month
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 4:34:36

Dagenham Rover wrote:

I must admit I nearly fell through the floor when they played the national anthem at the Masters tournament at the Keepmoat last month

Did many go to it Dagenham... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 25 May - 5:25:13

I always thought every country int U.K. shared the same one? National anthem Lol
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 5:29:08

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:I always thought every country int U.K. shared the same one? National anthem Lol

It is, they should chuck the feckers out of the english league...how the hell can that offend the welsh nation, just shows that the people who say this sort of thing doesen't really happen are talking bollocks, mind you i never liked the welsh anyway.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 25 May - 5:35:53

yorkie64red wrote:

It is, they should chuck the feckers out of the english league...how the hell can that offend the welsh nation, just shows that the people who say this sort of thing doesen't really happen are talking bollocks, mind you i never liked the welsh anyway.. Wink

So they do have the same national anthem? whats the problem with playin it then?

Sheep shaggers is going to be classed asracist in a few month then
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 5:41:43

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:

So they do have the same national anthem? whats the problem with playin it then?

Sheep shaggers is going to be classed asracist in a few month then

To be fare, God save the Queen is the national anthem of the United Kingdom but also is Englands, Scotland has Flower of Scotland and Wales have Cym Rondda , but Nations were not been represented Clubs were and both clubs play in the English league and the game was held at wembley, god save the queen should have been played they are a disgrace to all the soldiers from all parts of the united kingdom who are laying down there lives for it.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 25 May - 6:12:09

They don't need to play the national anthem at all do they, was it a major event ?
Fook me it's a Div2 P/Off final not an FA Cup Final or a game where the English national team were playing in was it ? If you play one you have to by nature play the other too and I don't want Cym Rondda in our stadium unless we are playing the Welsh National team............Cardiff aren't anymore than Blackpool are.
Am I missing something here ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 25 May - 6:15:05

hoolahoop wrote:They don't need to play the national anthem at all do they, was it a major event ?
Fook me it's a Div2 P/Off final not an FA Cup Final or a game where the English national team were playing in was it ? If you play one you have to by nature play the other too and I don't want Cym Rondda in our stadium unless we are playing the Welsh National team............Cardiff aren't anymore than Blackpool are.

I won £30 so to me it was National anthem Icon_wink
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 6:16:15

hoolahoop wrote:They don't need to play the national anthem at all do they, was it a major event ?

Well they have always have played it, its part of the tradition like at the FA Cup, but thats gone out the window along with everything else, nobody gives a damn anymore thats whats wrong with the country, if it offends them that much they should piss off and play in the welsh leagues but they won't want to do that will they.. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 25 May - 6:21:00

I am sorry but the NATIONAL ANTHEM should be played all FINALS no matter how small or minscure the teams are fook me lets just call ourselves NON ENGLISH and have done with it
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 25 May - 8:05:04

pkt_drfc wrote:I am sorry but the NATIONAL ANTHEM should be played all FINALS no matter how small or minscure the teams are fook me lets just call ourselves NON ENGLISH and have done with it

Don't get carried away again Pete, we've got a 5 a side final at work arranged have you got a cd of it that I can borrow ?!
National Anthems should be played at moments or events of ''national interest'', are you suggesting that a P/Off final is just such an occasion like the funeral of one of our dead soldiers.
Water it down and it no longer becomes or is SIGNIFICANT.............and that's what it should be. We will have to agree to disagree on this one, you know I am as Nationalistic as you are , I am fervently English, so if that's the case and we accept that other nations within the UK have their anthems then we shouldn't play a group anthem for an English League final but an English anthem if anything. scratch scratch scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 25 May - 8:12:02

We got it played when we played leeds in the Final. And YES i have got it if you want a copy i will do 1 for you no problem i will give it to Bri for tomorrow as i can not attend
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 8:12:54

But it is the national anthem of the United Kingdom of which wales is a part, i just don't get how they could object to it been played if i had been Blackpool i would of insisted on it..its an insult..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 25 May - 8:13:53

hoolahoop wrote:

Don't get carried away again Pete, we've got a 5 a side final at work arranged have you got a cd of it that I can borrow ?!
National Anthems should be played at moments or events of ''national interest'', are you suggesting that a P/Off final is just such an occasion like the funeral of one of our dead soldiers.
Water it down and it no longer becomes or is SIGNIFICANT.............and that's what it should be. We will have to agree to disagree on this one, you know I am as Nationalistic as you are , I am fervently English, so if that's the case and we accept that other nations within the UK have their anthems then we shouldn't play a group anthem for an English League final but an English anthem if anything. scratch scratch scratch

You mean like 3 lions?
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 8:15:07

And i remember when the national Anthem was played on TV at the end of the night and it used to be played at the end of films in the cinema, maybe people just had more respect in those days, maybe i was born after my time.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 25 May - 8:18:55

yorkie64red wrote:And i remember when the national Anthem was played on TV at the end of the night and it used to be played at the end of films in the cinema, maybe people just had more respect in those days, maybe i was born after my time.. Rolling Eyes

If they did that now, i'd probably start imaginin i was playing for England and start jogging on a spot whilst am trying to get down the stairs, run out the tunnel "LETS F**KIN HAVE EM lads"

Last edited by hoolahoop on Tue 25 May - 8:33:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit bad language please see forum notice!!-last warning LL)
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 8:20:59

You mean like 3 lions?

Well at least you didn't suggest marching on together.. affraid
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 25 May - 8:23:48

yorkie64red wrote:

Well at least you didn't suggest marching on together.. affraid

We all know thats Yorkshires national anthem mate National anthem Icon_razz National anthem Icon_wink
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 8:28:44

We all know thats Yorkshires national anthem mate National anthem Icon_razz National anthem Icon_wink

No it bloody isn't..... lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 25 May - 8:31:58

People say that "ilka moor ba taht" is nearest thing we've got

But personally i reckon this un is better

Last edited by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 on Tue 25 May - 8:36:34; edited 1 time in total
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 25 May - 8:35:09

Good the link doesn't work but I can imagine what it was! Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 25 May - 8:37:53

Bloody link wont work, i'll sort it out tomorrow, try yer best to get some some sleep, i understand it'll be dead hard for ya's with the excitement off tomorrow
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 8:40:09

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:Bloody link wont work, i'll sort it out tomorrow, try yer best to get some some sleep, i understand it'll be dead hard for ya's with the excitement off tomorrow

That is horrible, even the forums rejected it.... Laughing don't know why its playing up..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 25 May - 8:42:16

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down