The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds vs. The Blunts

4 posters

Go down

Leeds vs. The Blunts Empty Leeds vs. The Blunts

Post by 2ellandback Sun 26 Sep - 6:49:14

Not a great game, but probably glad it didn't get ugly til near the end.
We just about deserved to scrape it.

The ref was a joke.
Didn't think either sending off was warranted, and his way of handling a big derby game was to give the visitors the nod at nearly every opportunity.

Alex Bruce may just end up being the signing of the season, we're doing fine without setting the league on fire, and basically all is pretty much alright on the good ship LUFC.

(And we're all really glad we don't have any midweek paintball fixtures to bother with. 👽 )

2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Leeds vs. The Blunts Empty Re: Leeds vs. The Blunts

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 26 Sep - 7:03:52

Aye, really glad Bruce is finally in the squad, defence looks a rock now! especially compared to the mob who was 'guarding' the net against Barnsley

Collins aswell, remember Preston fans being made up to see the back of him but don't think i've ever seen him lose a header. Great to see him give a salute at the end of the game anorl drunken
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 26 Sep - 8:47:47

Sounds like a good win, heard it kicked off around the car park areas afterwards.
When will some of your fans learn that it's not hard or clever to chase Dad's with young kids into their cars scaring them to death.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sun 26 Sep - 8:55:13

hoolahoop wrote:Sounds like a good win, heard it kicked off around the car park areas afterwards.
When will some of your fans learn that it's not hard or clever to chase Dad's with young kids into their cars scaring them to death.

It's kicked off everywhere apparently

Surely you're not trying to say Sheff had nothing todo with anything that happened?
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 26 Sep - 10:40:36

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:

It's kicked off everywhere apparently

Surely you're not trying to say Sheff had nothing todo with anything that happened?

Of course not it's a question of degree and with whom you choose to 'kick off' with, listening to the radio tonight Mum's and Dad's were sent racing to their cars terrified young'uns in tow. That is never acceptable and I'm sure there were parents and kids from Leeds in fear too. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 27 Sep - 1:46:00

hoolahoop wrote:

Of course not it's a question of degree and with whom you choose to 'kick off' with, listening to the radio tonight Mum's and Dad's were sent racing to their cars terrified young'uns in tow. That is never acceptable and I'm sure there were parents and kids from Leeds in fear too. Sad

Fair do's mate

Spot on with all of that
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Mon 27 Sep - 4:56:34

hoolahoop wrote:Of course not it's a question of degree and with whom you choose to 'kick off' with, listening to the radio tonight Mum's and Dad's were sent racing to their cars terrified young'uns in tow. That is never acceptable and I'm sure there were parents and kids from Leeds in fear too. Sad

That's a Daily Mail headline.
Yet again, it's all been blown out of proportion. Didn't see a fraction of what's supposed to have gone on.
(A leeds fan got stabbed ???? Nothing in the news etc. i.e It didn't happen)

There was certainly an atmosphere in the S/SE corner of the stadium, but nothing I haven't witnessed loads of times at ER, and elsewhere. Plus, I rarely see anything at my football club, (or any other for that matter) that can't be witnessed a whole lot worse in any town or city centre on a weekend.
I'm utterly fed up with the club, and sport I hold dear being dragged through the sh1t.

People want to label the city of Leeds, and it's football team via reference to things that are endemic to every corner of our society, wherever you come from.
We don't have more yobs, kn0bheads, thugs (call them what you will) than any other postcode in the country. It just makes the rest of you feel better to point the finger elsewhere.
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 27 Sep - 5:11:53

2ellandback wrote:

Yet again, it's all been blown out of proportion. Didn't see a fraction of what's supposed to have gone on.

There was certainly an atmosphere in the S/SE corner of the stadium, but nothing I haven't witnessed loads of times at ER, and elsewhere. Plus, I rarely see anything at my football club, (or any other for that matter) that can't be witnessed a whole lot worse in any town or city centre on a weekend.
I'm utterly fed up with the club, and sport I hold dear being dragged through the sh1t.

People want to label the city of Leeds, and it's football team via reference to things that are endemic to every corner of our society, wherever you come from.
We don't have more yobs, kn0bheads, thugs (call them what you will) than any other postcode in the country. It just makes the rest of you feel better to point the finger elsewhere.
Sad

I agree fella , it doesn't matter to me where this happened. For my part I have been to Leeds and ER and of course your lot have visited us on a couple of occasions with little more than a couple of 1to1 scraps.
Agreed there were quite a few knobheads at Wemberlee that spoilt my day out but aside from a few incidents it was fairly peaceful considering in hindsight the prize lost and the fact there were more than a few 'fair weather' fans.
Personally I now treat your visits to our place and in reverse of course as no worse than any other teams visits. Fear of going to your place......never! Am I on my guard , of course I am , in the same way as i would be walking around Donny/ Leeds on a Friday night or visiting any other footy ground.
You must remember that a section of your supporters have encouraged this 'urban myth' over many many years ; you are in effect a victim of your own hype.
Back to the real issue here, are the reports of a stabbing true ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 27 Sep - 5:23:36

I don't believe the stabbing is true personally, there was a rumour a Leeds fan got stabbed at Gillingham, nothing came of it...was a rumour a Norwich fan was stabbed down at Carrow Road again nothing came of it

Only thing i've seen is a facebook group with nothing on there to proove it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-well-soon-to-the-Leeds-fan-who-was-stabbed-by-a-Dirty-Sheffield-Ct/117158265009200

45 arrests apparently though, and one of them for the sheffield fan who ran on the pitch when he thought they'd scored lol!
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 27 Sep - 5:26:38

2ellandback wrote:

Bloody Hell have copy & pasted that from a willmall forum and changed a few words,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 27 Sep - 5:32:50

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:I don't believe the stabbing is true personally, there was a rumour a Leeds fan got stabbed at Gillingham, nothing came of it...was a rumour a Norwich fan was stabbed down at Carrow Road again nothing came of it

Only thing i've seen is a facebook group with nothing on there to proove it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-well-soon-to-the-Leeds-fan-who-was-stabbed-by-a-Dirty-Sheffield-Ct/117158265009200

45 arrests apparently though, and one of them for the sheffield fan who ran on the pitch when he thought they'd scored lol!

It's these sorts of stupid rumours that perpetuate 'bad blood' between rival supporters, usually completely unsubstantiated and not clever at all. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Mon 27 Sep - 7:19:37

hoolahoop wrote:It's these sorts of stupid rumours that perpetuate 'bad blood' between rival supporters, usually completely unsubstantiated and not clever at all. Mad

Agree 100%.
Who gets a kick out of reporting a completely fabricated knifing incident ?

Anyway, on a lighter note, a friend and I took our 9 year old boys to the game as a birthday treat. (20th & 23rd.)

For once we splashed out, and paid for the South Stand viewing deck. Cool
We had some very passable nosh, chatted with Paul Reaney (who BTW looks as fit as he did at 25, when he could slip Bestie in his back pocket), and had a cracking view (with comfy chairs) of Bradley slotting the winner. cheers
And the sun shone all day. Cool

Terraces, or a box for a birthday treat that's what it should all be about.

MOT
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Mon 27 Sep - 7:43:13

NIGHTMARE wrote:

Bloody Hell have copy & pasted that from a willmall forum and changed a few words,

Couldn't of...the word 'northern' and 'kants' wasn't mentioned 5times

I'm never one to defend Ken but the viewing deck does actually look pretty decent, especially if you get grub and company like Speedy Reaney
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 27 Sep - 9:03:36

Forgot about Paul Reaney, what a great player he was but as for 'slipping Best in his back pocket'.................I needed a laugh. Nobody but nobody did that with him for more than a few minutes and 2elland would have been far too young to have witnessed such an event even if it had happened surely ? Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Mon 27 Sep - 19:59:23

hoolahoop wrote:Forgot about Paul Reaney, what a great player he was but as for 'slipping Best in his back pocket'.................I needed a laugh. Nobody but nobody did that with him for more than a few minutes and 2elland would have been far too young to have witnessed such an event even if it had happened surely ? Laughing

Unfortunately, I am old enough. Shocked

Started going to Elland Road in 1965, so I grew up watching that fantastic side in which Paul Reaney was a rock.
You wouldn't believe the number of times he cleared the ball off the line from set plays, and he was quick too.

George was quoted, that Reaney was one of the best defenders he came up against.

Both about the same age, George has been dead 5 years Sad while Paul still looked like he could 90 mins. Like a Star @ heaven
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 28 Sep - 9:14:33

Started going to Elland Road in 1965,
you were only 3/4 2elland you must have a great memory and despite what many say there were some superb players in that team but very questionable tactics. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down