The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blades could move for Robins

+3
NIGHTMARE
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
7 posters

Go down

Blades could move for Robins Empty Blades could move for Robins

Post by yorkie64red Wed 22 Dec - 23:24:13

Snag in O'Driscoll deal worries Reds

Sheffield United could be set to approach Barnsley about talking to manager Mark Robins as they hit complications in trying to secure Doncaster Rovers’ Sean O’Driscoll to replace Gary Speed who left to take over the Wales national side last week.

The Blades have been given permission to speak to O’Driscoll, who has taken Rovers from League One midtable to the edge of the Championship promotion race in just four years on a shoestring budget, by chairman John Ryan. But Ryan is demanding in excess of £500,000 compensation if O’Driscoll agrees to move across South Yorkshire. This could be too pricey for cash conscious United and they could move for Robins who has been at Oakwell just over a year. The 40 year old has the best wins per game ratio of any Barnsley manager since Dave Bassett led the club to within one game of the Premier League in 2000 and has currently led the club to a run of four wins from five games.

Ironically Speed’s last game as United manager was a 1-0 defeat at Oakwell a week and a half ago and United have now confirmed they will wait until the new year before deciding on a new boss. The respective festive results of both Barnsley and Doncaster could now have a major bearing on who they move for and with Robins only on a 12 month rolling contract at Oakwell, United would not require to pay much compensation.

from Tykes Mad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Blades could move for Robins Empty Re: Blades could move for Robins

Post by hoolahoop Thu 23 Dec - 0:03:09

I would be very surprised if Patrick Cryne hadn't got a similar 'rolling' contract going with MR too, seems to me that the Blunts are attempting to at the very least destabilise the Dingles and ourselves.
Blunts the balance has shifted or haven't you realised yet ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 23 Dec - 1:34:43

i'm not worried at all i don't think our board will talk to them, in fact i think if robins said he wanted to join them and kicked up a fuss about it Paddy would put him on gardening leave for the rest of his contract to let him rot and get a new man in rather then let them dirty bastards have him .

there attitude over the attempted murder of one of our players burnt at lot of bridges
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 23 Dec - 2:17:37

As Hoola says they just seem to want to destabilise all the local clubs.
Probably a ploy to try and creep above us all in the table
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Dec - 3:39:10

Dagenham Rover wrote:As Hoola says they just seem to want to destabilise all the local clubs.
Probably a ploy to try and creep above us all in the table

Theres more chance of santa dropping down my chimney on christmas eve.. santa santa santa
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Dec - 3:40:31

hoolahoop wrote:I would be very surprised if Patrick Cryne hadn't got a similar 'rolling' contract going with MR too, seems to me that the Blunts are attempting to at the very least destabilise the Dingles and ourselves.
Blunts the balance has shifted or haven't you realised yet ?

They have a 12 month rolling contract according to the article...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 23 Dec - 4:39:04

He won't go to the Blunts... trust me, am practically a doctor!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 23 Dec - 5:46:13

roy just because you see 5 doctors a week and get invited to the Christmas party dont mean your a doctor
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 23 Dec - 5:48:35

and if you where a doctor how good would be to work in sheffield
Doing a shipman start with all the scum who drive taxis and work in kabab shops then move on to wednesday and united fans
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 23 Dec - 6:53:58

Look Nightmare... i reckon i would be a good doctor, infact i reckon i'd make a cracking surgeon!! I was carving the meat at tea time an i thought to myself, yeah, if i was to be cutting into someone to operate i'd leave a nice neat an tidy scar not like the fuck up they left me with!! An i used to be a dab hand with the old soldering iron so the internal stuff would be good to! I'm shit hot!
Anyone want any surgery? Mates rates!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 23 Dec - 6:54:27

Oh an as for the shipman stuff in sheff am sure i can find summut at hossy to use lol....
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 23 Dec - 7:11:49

mates rates eh

how about a heart transplant for the soon to be ex wife i'll get her drunk and talk her into it

could you swap it for a egg timer
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 23 Dec - 8:11:29

I could do that mate no problem.... i was looking for summut a bit bigger for my first operation though!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Dec - 8:13:15

NorthRed wrote:I could do that mate no problem.... i was looking for summut a bit bigger for my first operation though!!

Well theres always Hoolas or Daggers backs that need sorting out... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 23 Dec - 8:20:12

Backs!! Yeah, come round to mine Hoola an Dagger after xmas is done and I'll get the knives out and sort your back issues! We'll call it a late xmas present for you both so no charge this time.
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Dec - 8:21:51

NorthRed wrote:Backs!! Yeah, come round to mine Hoola an Dagger after xmas is done and I'll get the knives out and sort your back issues! We'll call it a late xmas present for you both so no charge this time.

You see, the true meaning of Christmas....goodwill to all men.... santa santa santa
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 23 Dec - 8:39:15

I'll let Hoola have first dibs on that one Shocked

one 3 inch scars enough to be going on with, but thanks for the really kind offer, It'll give you more time to debate how to get the chloroform into Hoolas pint.........
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Thu 23 Dec - 8:40:03

it's gerrin laughable now this

Rovrum arnt doing too bad are they so Ronnie Moore 'll be next
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Dec - 8:42:54

Dagenham Rover wrote:I'll let Hoola have first dibs on that one Shocked

one 3 inch scars enough to be going on with, but thanks for the really kind offer, It'll give you more time to debate how to get the chloroform into Hoolas pint.........

Yep your right there Daggers....best let Northred practice a bit before he starts work on you... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Dec - 8:44:35

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:it's gerrin laughable now this

Rovrum arnt doing too bad are they so Ronnie Moore 'll be next

Naa even the Blades can't be that desperate... Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sat 25 Dec - 5:17:19

I agree with what Nightmare said earlier, the bridges have been burnt I'm afraid. Smile

I find it very unlikely that we'll even want anything to do with that club anymore nevermind do business, I for one aren't worried.

Oh dear, going tits up for them isn't it? Can't get SOD, probably can't get MR too... Laughing

Darn it, Come on Blunts admit it, you know it's meant to happen... Simon Davey! lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 25 Dec - 5:23:45

RedNinja wrote:I agree with what Nightmare said earlier, the bridges have been burnt I'm afraid. Smile

I find it very unlikely that we'll even want anything to do with that club anymore nevermind do business, I for one aren't worried.

Oh dear, going tits up for them isn't it? Can't get SOD, probably can't get MR too... Laughing

Darn it, Come on Blunts admit it, you know it's meant to happen... Simon Davey! lol!

Is he cheaper than Carver? Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down