The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUFC V SWFC

+5
NIGHTMARE
d1889t
Shem_Swfc
gerald8_kop
The Wednesday
9 posters

Go down

Who Will Win The First Sheffield Derby?

SUFC V SWFC Vote_lcap67%SUFC V SWFC Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 10 ]
SUFC V SWFC Vote_lcap27%SUFC V SWFC Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
SUFC V SWFC Vote_lcap6%SUFC V SWFC Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

SUFC V SWFC Empty SUFC V SWFC

Post by The Wednesday Mon 7 Sep - 1:52:05

It's the first Sheffield derby in just under two weeks so we could do with a topic and a poll about it (if I do it right).

Come on Wednesday is all i'm going to say for the moment, hopefully we'll get a discussion going.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

SUFC V SWFC Empty Re: SUFC V SWFC

Post by gerald8_kop Mon 7 Sep - 1:58:09

no idea in the slightest

heres hoping that its wednesday though (again).

gerald8_kop
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Mon 7 Sep - 2:00:04

To be honest, it could go either way, but if we get points against Forest and Boro or just put in solid performances, i could see us coming away with all 3 points.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by d1889t Mon 7 Sep - 2:36:13

It's very hard to call. United always seem to grind out results, and have been consistently higher in the league than Wednesday, but you lot seem to have become our bogey team Very Happy
You play good footie against us, but I think we might FINALLY be able to grind out a win against you, especially with our Ched!
I think a close edgy 1-0 win for United
d1889t
d1889t
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 7 Sep - 2:46:28

D1889T wrote:It's very hard to call. United always seem to grind out results, and have been consistently higher in the league than Wednesday, but you lot seem to have become our bogey team Very Happy
You play good footie against us, but I think we might FINALLY be able to grind out a win against you, especially with our Ched!
I think a close edgy 1-0 win for United

You've got to be favourites, more money so more expensive squad, at home and you should be really fired up for this one after last year.

But it's a derby, a one-off game. You finished 3rd last year and we still did the double, counts for nothing.

If we continue playing good football we've got a very good chance, especially with Jermaine Johnson and Marcus Tudgay in the form they're in.

Basically what i'm trying to say is it's too close to call at the moment. We'll obviously have a better idea after the next two games when we see what damage these games have on our small squads. It will be interesting to see how Laws and Blackwell cope with 3 games in 6 days, how well they rotate the players.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by d1889t Mon 7 Sep - 2:49:46

"You've got to be favourites, more money so more expensive squad, at home and you should be really fired up for this one after last year.

But it's a derby, a one-off game. You finished 3rd last year and we still did the double, counts for nothing.

If we continue playing good football we've got a very good chance, especially with Jermaine Johnson and Marcus Tudgay in the form they're in.

Basically what i'm trying to say is it's too close to call at the moment. We'll obviously have a better idea after the next two games when we see what damage these games have on our small squads. It will be interesting to see how Laws and Blackwell cope with 3 games in 6 days, how well they rotate the players."

Completely agree, we have painfully small squads, so it's paramount we keep our best players fit somehow. I'd like to see both teams with their best players going for it hammer and tongs against each other. Should be a good game!
d1889t
d1889t
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 7 Sep - 3:28:20

I'm looking at this as a Barnsley fan and i see Draw all over this one although the blades will be smarting from last season
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 7 Sep - 8:29:40

Nightmare wrote:I'm looking at this as a Barnsley fan and i see Draw all over this one although the blades will be smarting from last season
Too close to call but got to agree both squads seem very 'thin' to say the least. However I will punt for the Blades on this one.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by mattiss1234 Mon 7 Sep - 8:31:16

Tbh its all dependent on what happens on saturday and tuesday.
mattiss1234
mattiss1234
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by d1889t Mon 7 Sep - 8:35:30

It's a completely different match to the others throughout the season (except the other derby of course Laughing )
The atmosphere is better, the players will feel different to usual, more pressure. So in a way it's a lottery. If one team can stay more proffesional than the other, then I think that'll be the team that wins.
d1889t
d1889t
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 18 Sep - 6:22:35

Lets get this thread going again, less than 24 hours till kick off.

Really looking forward to it, and hopefully we will get in without being checked for masks Laughing

Also, hopefully i wont get smacked in the head with a coin again, that really hurt lol.

Its going to be wierd on saturday with no Wednesday, but we should come away with 3 points.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 18 Sep - 7:34:57

We're going to murder them, 6-0 at the very least.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 18 Sep - 9:23:28

The Wednesday wrote:We're going to murder them, 6-0 at the very least.

Well i think your going a bit over the top there, but i do think you will edge it, i will go for a 2-1 win to wednesday
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 19 Sep - 5:25:17

2-1 sounds realistic, they could always do a forest/derby edition and pull 5 goals between them, haha

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 19 Sep - 8:05:25

superspy wrote:2-1 sounds realistic, they could always do a forest/derby edition and pull 5 goals between them, haha

why, why, why, why oh WHY did i not bet on 5 goals Evil or Very Mad

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by d1889t Sun 20 Sep - 1:53:44

Hahaha should've had a little flutter superspy!
d1889t
d1889t
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sun 20 Sep - 4:21:31

yeah i know, fecking gutted.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content