The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves...next up...

5 posters

Go down

Wolves...next up... Empty Wolves...next up...

Post by yorkie64red Mon 17 Jan - 6:41:37

Any thoughts on how this is going to go....i am sure we will put in a much better performance then saturday...it couldn't get any worse...and i suppose it all depends on who MM decides to play...anyway i still see us losing this one by the odd goal ...2-1...and then we can concentrate on the league..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Wolves...next up... Empty Re: Wolves...next up...

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 17 Jan - 6:44:11

Nope i am going for a 3-1 loss not much to say really would be nice to win but can not see it
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 17 Jan - 9:16:22

A definite win , they won't be at full strength and our lads will want this one. 3-1 Rovers win.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 Jan - 5:59:23

Would you like to see Gary Woods in goal tommorow night, personally i would give him a crack at it and see how he goes, i could never understand why he wasn't given a go when we played acci stanley back in august...he must be chomping at the bit..go on sod you know it makes sense.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 Jan - 6:39:49

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 Jan - 9:48:28

Hmmm seems we're in a bloody mess with injuries permanently. Sad
Why do modern day players struggle so much with injuries compared to the past ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 19 Jan - 5:51:43

Match officials for tonights game..

The match officials for this evening's FA Cup replay at Wolves have been confirmed and will be:
Referee: K A Friend
Assistant Referees: T Massey & D Mohareb
Fourth Official: S W Mathieson

from doncaster.rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 19 Jan - 5:54:51

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has admitted the return of his senior brigade is crucial to his team burying underdogs Doncaster.

McCarthy will include returning captains Jody Craddock and Karl Henry – as well as Kevin Doyle – as his senior spine join forces for the first time since October 15 for the FA Cup third round replay at Molineux tonight.

And the manager believes the influence of his skippers is vital as they face the unusual pressure of being expected to win.

He said: “We are expected to go through and we have got to handle that pressure. That presents us with a different set of circumstances to what we are used to.

“But it’s a strong side – Jody and Karl are both starting, Doyle’s playing and there will be a couple of other changes.

“So we’ve got a couple of players back who make a difference and that means there shouldn’t be any dipping of performance or people thinking ‘it’s not Manchester City, it’s Doncaster.’

“I’m delighted because it’s vital that they’re both back. They’re two vastly experienced players. Jody and Karl are team captains and they want to play in a winning side.

“I don’t know how many teams would continue as if nothing happened without both captains.

“This is a fantastic game for them and it gives the other lads a break.”

McCarthy is keen to continue the momentum of performance which has seen Wolves beat Chelsea and Liverpool and score three at Manchester City on Saturday.

He said: “I want to win this game – it doesn’t do anyone any favours if we get beat. That’s why winning this cup tie would help foster that feelgood factor.

“And if I’m picking a team for Saturday and have Jody, Karl and Steven Mouyokolo, it just looks far better for us.

“That back-up is important in terms of the games we’ve got coming.”

David Edwards trained yesterday but won’t be involved tonight, while fellow hamstring victim Ebanks-Blake is set to return to training by next week.

McCarthy added: “If he trains next week, maybe he’ll be fit for the following game.

“Kevin Foley will be 10 to 14 days with his ankle.”

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/01/18/wolves-going-strong-to-win-cup-tie/#ixzz1BPleUE47
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 19 Jan - 6:52:39

Bugger one down already.... Sad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 19 Jan - 6:52:54

Shite we're 1-0 down already!!!!!!!!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 19 Jan - 6:53:59

Bloody SOFT goal again............it's not good enough. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 19 Jan - 9:42:17

OK no one seems to want to comment on tonight's result so here's my thoughts

I am worried tonight and thats because of shipping 8 goal in 2 games. I was glad tonight was a cup game initially because I thought it gave us an opportunity to recover from Saturday without dropping in the league, I'm doubly glad of that now. To quote (sort of) O'Driscoll, its not the losing, its the manner of the loss. I feel something isn't right in our team at the moment

The defence is all over the place but is that because Sullivan has no faith in the defence or the defence has no faith in Sullivan?

We have over the course of the season so far played with 12 defenders and 1 goalkeeper - the one constant has been Sullivan and we have 4 clean sheets to show for it. I don't want to point the finger at Sullivan because he can be brilliant on his day but the days are getting fewer and further between. Now I know we haven't got the best defence but I'm not convinced all those 12 are the reason we're leakier than a sieve

I don't know if Woods in goal is the answer, at the moment I think it would be a massive ask of him to come with a team low on confidence and try and turn it around but we've changed personnel in every other position, maybe the next change has to be in goal
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 19 Jan - 9:45:16

Your better off out of the cup its shite anyway
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 19 Jan - 9:50:31

NIGHTMARE wrote:Your better off out of the cup its shite anyway

I'm not bothered about being out of the cup, I said earlier it would have been better to lose in the first match as we've been in freefall ever since. The only good point is that some team will get the backlash sooner or later - hopefully its on Saturday Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 19 Jan - 9:59:32

VixDRFC wrote:

I'm not bothered about being out of the cup, I said earlier it would have been better to lose in the first match as we've been in freefall ever since. The only good point is that some team will get the backlash sooner or later - hopefully its on Saturday Wink

No it'll be next Tuesday
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 19 Jan - 12:22:03

Not bothered at all about tonight, losing 5-0 is never very pallatable but we need to put this to bed on saturday and get the 3 points and then move on from there, we have a very tricky few games coming up and need to get something out of the next two to stop the rot setting in, if tonights game shows us anything though it is that we are no where near ready for promotion, we would be getting results like tonights every week...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 19 Jan - 21:05:09

yorkie64red wrote:Not bothered at all about tonight, losing 5-0 is never very pallatable but we need to put this to bed on saturday and get the 3 points and then move on from there, we have a very tricky few games coming up and need to get something out of the next two to stop the rot setting in, if tonights game shows us anything though it is that we are no where near ready for promotion, we would be getting results like tonights every week...

Absolutely right ....the game has gone but I agree with Vikki on this one ; something definitely isn't right in the squad at the moment (not withstanding our very evident problems with both our defence and keeper).
From what I've read and heard there seems to be alot of disharmony on the pitch, finger pointing, players arguing etc. when we have struggled in the past it's usually been with the decisions of officials now it's with each other!! IT NEEDS SORTING QUICKLY. Mad
Forget any chance of the P/Offs and let's just concentrate on getting a settled defence and more importantly build up the trust between the players again.......the very trust that has seen us fight back during this current season.
Do we need to change Sulli ? I can't really answer that as I don't know exactly the stage Woods has got to in his progression as a Championship player. Tbf Sulli has been sat behind the most inept defensive play I have seen for many a year and this is something that has to be sorted out immediately . If this means ''shipping'' out 1/2 individuals then so beit and I'm sure this will happen soon to accomodate the 2 ''K''s.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 20 Jan - 1:30:00

Goals change games as Sod keeps reminding us, if Billys first shot on target had gone in then it would probably have been a different game , we again had two penalty claims turned away and like the commentator said about one of those claims if it had happened at there end of the pitch it would probably have been given...we don't seem to ever get a fare rub of the green..that needs to change as much as anything else..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 20 Jan - 1:48:33

That's because we hardly ever appeal,/roll around etc. looking for one.
The game was never winnable imo with that set-up whether we had scored first or not.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 20 Jan - 1:52:49

hoolahoop wrote:That's because we hardly ever appeal,/roll around etc. looking for one.
The game was never winnable imo with that set-up whether we had scored first or not.

I have just seen that first claim...deffo a penalty and the ref was stood right next to the incident, it should have been given, the ref has eyes they should start using them or stop wearing those blinkered spectacles...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down