The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Striker

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One Striker Empty One Striker

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Feb - 6:00:53

Ruling out Brooker becauce god knows whats wrong now, we have one Striker why send Fairhurst out on loan , we really need cover, an injury to Billy and we are in the shit... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

One Striker Empty Re: One Striker

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Feb - 6:05:20

Oh and Fairhurst scores today... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 13 Feb - 6:12:16

I can not understand the loan striker idea but needs to change tactic i am afraid
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Feb - 6:29:35

What the hell is wrong with Brooker, he plays one game and goes missing , not even on the bench today..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 13 Feb - 6:45:51

I get the lone striker role, to be honest I agree with whichever RS numpty said Billy's played that role most of the season because he has. But normally he's given far more support from midfield or Hayter playing just behind him. Today there was a gulf between midfield and Sharp which meant that he was even easier than normal to keep out of the action as there was no one else for the defenders to batter

I think its the midfield where most of our problems lie atm
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 13 Feb - 6:58:35

Fairhurst should NOT have been sent out on laon and it backfired big time today. As soon as we went 2-0 down it was obvious we needed more upfront and the best we could do was put a 7 foot tall beanpole defender upfront near the end and hoof it in some vain attempt that it might sneak us a goal.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 13 Feb - 7:52:07

SkellowRover wrote:Fairhurst should NOT have been sent out on laon and it backfired big time today. As soon as we went 2-0 down it was obvious we needed more upfront and the best we could do was put a 7 foot tall beanpole defender upfront near the end and hoof it in some vain attempt that it might sneak us a goal.

Whilst I agree to let Fairhurst out on loan, when Hayter was injured and the only other "fit" striker is Brooker was crazy in the extreme I don't think Fairhurst would be our saviour, either in the game today or for the rest of our season
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Feb - 7:57:55

VixDRFC wrote:

Whilst I agree to let Fairhurst out on loan, when Hayter was injured and the only other "fit" striker is Brooker was crazy in the extreme I don't think Fairhurst would be our saviour, either in the game today or for the rest of our season

What i don't get is why keep these players if he is not going to play them, we have a small enough squad as it is, its no good to us or the player...where was the new lad who we signed the other week, not had a glimpse of him yet...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 13 Feb - 8:00:31

VixDRFC wrote:

I agree about him not being our saviour but it would have given the pompey back line more to think about and he would be more of a threat upfront then webster by a country mile. Webster didn't have a clue where to position himself or where to make runs to when he came on and was static looking for hoofballs upto him to try and flick on. What baffled me even more was that we brought webster on as an ariel threat and took Copps off Shocked who was not only the biggest threat we had on the pitch but he's also the best crosser of the ball we have.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 13 Feb - 8:01:27

The only logical thing i can think of is that we are making space for another player Wink Wink
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 13 Feb - 8:02:18

SkellowRover wrote:

I agree about him not being our saviour but it would have given the pompey back line more to think about and he would be more of a threat upfront then webster by a country mile. Webster didn't have a clue where to position himself or where to make runs to when he came on and was static looking for hoofballs upto him to try and flick on. What baffled me even more was that we brought webster on as an ariel threat and took Copps off Shocked who was not only the biggest threat we had on the pitch but he's also the best crosser of the ball we have.

What it shows to me is that in the summer we need a good clearout, no good tinkering....but i suppose that will depend on where the clubs aspirations really lie..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 13 Feb - 8:08:14

SkellowRover wrote:Fairhurst should NOT have been sent out on laon and it backfired big time today. As soon as we went 2-0 down it was obvious we needed more upfront and the best we could do was put a 7 foot tall beanpole defender upfront near the end and hoof it in some vain attempt that it might sneak us a goal.

That about sums it up for me , only to add that there wasn't any real battling from the lads today in the right areas. If SO'D is hoping to limp home to safety with these kind of perfgormances then he and the team need to think again.

I'm not angry about today .........just completely puzzled that we have started to play regularly like the Blunts. I can see now why they won't put up with it and neither will our 'floating' supporters who we hope to attract.

Finally it's time to call time on Webster, Chambo and 1/2 others as soon as possible............I'm numb, puzzled and fed up with these performances and see no reason why we have abandoned completely our flowing style of footy. Injured players , injured players........that's all I hear!! Forget that excuse that's why we have a squad to pick from. Rolling Eyes
HOWEVER I'M FURIOUS WITH THOSE OFFICIALS TODAY.......WIN, LOSE OR DRAW YOUR BIAS WAS A DISGRACE. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 13 Feb - 9:34:23

Fairhurst scored twice today and this was his rating on the bulls forums:

Fairhurst: 9 - What a signing he looks. Natural finisher and very, very sharp. Brilliant reaction to scoring his second too!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 13 Feb - 11:11:13

[quote="SkellowRover"]Fairhurst scored twice today and this was his rating on the bulls forums:
Fairhurst: 9 - What a signing he looks. Natural finisher and very, very sharp. Brilliant reaction to scoring his second too!

Hope someone from the club might just see what arses they've made of themselves here.......... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 13 Feb - 11:32:10

[quote="hoolahoop"]

I think we need to get real - does this mean any league 2 striker who scores more than once would be the answer? If so then we should go for ALF and certainly have gone for Austin! The only mistake here is letting a striker go when we only have 2 fit people to play that position. I like Fairhurst and like Skellow said he would have given the Pompey defence something to think about but would he have won us the game? I think not. He's had a good debut for Hereford on a day where we were lacking - one swallow doesn't make a summer. Shrewsbury weren't beating down the door to sign him
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 13 Feb - 22:46:11

Watch how well he took his goals on here, especially the 2nd. The match is at 1h 11m 25s :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yrw8f/The_Football_League_Show_12_02_2011/
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 14 Feb - 0:24:39

[quote="VixDRFC"]

We are real and as for Waide being a L2 striker, he is far from that and the 2nd. goal as the other 2 goals in 2 appearances show he is definitely NOT a L2 striker.
Your defence of everything our club does is admirable but imo misguided on this issue, if we have struggled for the last few weeks to even fill the bench properly then this decision was nothing less than bizarre.
As for him being able to change the course of yesterday's game..........we will never know but with the lack of bite out there ; I do believe he might well have done.
Sometimes we will have opposite opinions but on this one I am sticking to my original assertion that he should NEVER have left this club on loan at such a crucial time.
Incidentally we didn't need to go for ALF or Austin as we already had a lad desperate for a game sitting on the doorstep. Sad

Sorry for some reason the 'quote' is not working. Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Feb - 3:01:06

[quote="hoolahoop"]

Sod see's more of these players then any of us, he isn't playing fairhurst for a reason, he was the same with heffernan, everyone thought he was the answer but has hardly made an impact at wednesday, i do not see fairhurst as been the answer to our problems but like has been said it was strange to let him go when we have so little upfront, it seems Brooker got injured on saturday morning so i assume he probably planned on Brooker playing a part, like has been said one swallow does not a summer bring, i saw fairhurst play when he went to Shrewsbury on loan and on that ocassion he was shite, yesterday went well for him and am pleased for him as it will do his confidence good, hopefully he will continue to bang them in and then we can give him a go and see how he does...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 14 Feb - 3:29:29

[quote="hoolahoop"]

Firstly you need to stop being so condescending as its clear that you didn't read what I'd put properly. I agreed that Fairhurst shouldn't have been allowed out on loan at this moment in time. I'll quote what I said

And I didn't say he was a league 2 striker, I said I didn't think he would have been our saviour regardless of the fact he scored 2 goals in league 2 yesterday. My point was on that basis anyone scoring regularly in league 2 would be the answer to our problems and we all know thats not true.

I like Fairhurst and I thought he showed promise last season, the little I have seen of him this season doesn't support that unfortunately but I have seen very little - If he carries on this form for Hereford then I'll stand corrected but he's a loan player out to impress and to me at this minute 2 goals on his debut doesn't earn him the "love-in" he's getting on certain boards, mind you Heffs got a similar response and look what happened there. And if he's our answer to ALF and Austin then why isn't he being touted around with a £200,000 -£500,000 price tag? I got the impression Shrewsbury wouldnt have had him given if "his arse was hung in diamonds" as my gran used to say

To summarise (in case people don't read all my post) No he shouldn't have gone out on loan but its way too early to say whether he's good enough for us

Finally to be controversial would Lee Hughes be a short term solution? Would hold the ball up well, support Billy, chip in with a few goals and most importantly stop defenders bullying our forward line!

VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 14 Feb - 3:30:45

Quote definitely not working this was my original post

"Whilst I agree to let Fairhurst out on loan, when Hayter was injured and the only other "fit" striker is Brooker was crazy in the extreme"
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Feb - 3:32:34

[quote="VixDRFC"]

Would love to see Lee Hughes here, he would give as good as he got....sign him up Sod you know it makes sense... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 14 Feb - 3:50:28

[quote="yorkie64red"]

Lee Hughes could be an option good player no matter whathe has done however we will have another striker in soon to support Billy Wink Wink Wink
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Feb - 3:51:46

[quote="pkt_drfc"]

Could it be Jamie Ward, he wasn't even on the Bench yesterday, a good mate of Billys might be just what we need.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Feb - 21:12:51

So does anyone see a loan striker coming in today to help us out.... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 14 Feb - 21:13:55

Nope not Today by Thursday or Friday i do Wink