The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signings...

4 posters

Go down

Signings... Empty Signings...

Post by yorkie64red Mon 20 Jun - 7:58:27

Can we expect some good news this week, it would be nice especially as the season ticket deadline nears, maybe a couple of new faces in the squad might make a few waverers change their mind... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Signings... Empty Re: Signings...

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 20 Jun - 8:07:40

Well can see Spurr being confirmed after he passes his medical and possibly a midfielder from a local club but im not saying his name... bom

We've spoke to him !
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 20 Jun - 8:13:14

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Well can see Spurr being confirmed after he passes his medical and possibly a midfielder from a local club but im not saying his name... bom

We've spoke to him !

PM jack...we won't say owt but will give you the credit if your right... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 20 Jun - 8:37:11

I told you a while back,NM are the initals Suspect Suspect Suspect

Not sure i'd want him to be honest,only inital talks,hes already had them a month back but it fell through over wages but we came back in for him and aproached him again Monday..
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 20 Jun - 8:40:34

MR NEGATIVE wrote:I told you a while back,NM are the initals Suspect Suspect Suspect

Not sure i'd want him to be honest,only inital talks,hes already had them a month back but it fell through over wages but we came back in for him and aproached him again Monday..

Oh i remember now...heard they wanted 500K for him..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 20 Jun - 8:43:33

Bit less than that....

At this moment in time Coppinger is looking more likely to leave than Billy is.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 20 Jun - 8:51:15

Have you heard anything about a Rotherham player...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 20 Jun - 9:14:53

Indeed,ALF but only a enquiry...
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 20 Jun - 9:17:44

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Indeed,ALF but only a enquiry...

Rotherham fans reckon he could go for 300k...probably a bargain at that price..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 20 Jun - 9:19:06

Yeah i'd go for owt up to 500k...
What rotherham player did you hear?
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 20 Jun - 9:20:32

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Yeah i'd go for owt up to 500k...
What rotherham player did you hear?

ALF... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 22 Jun - 20:16:57

SHEFFIELD Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has revealed out-of-favour left-back Tommy Spurr is on the verge of joining neighbours Doncaster Rovers.

Mandaric told The Star as many as three Championship clubs had expressed an interest in the 23-year-old, who has one year remaining of his contract at Hillsborough.

But Spurr seems destined to move to Rovers in a £200,000 deal having fallen down in the pecking order at Wednesday since manager Gary Megson’s arrival in February.

Mandaric confirmed that a deal ‘will eventually happen’.

Spurr, a graduate of the club’s youth system, has made 211 appearances for the Owls, having burst onto the scene at the age of 18.

He made 33 starts in all competitions last season before falling out of the first-team picture under Megson, who preferred Lewis Buxton in the left-back slot.

Spurr was involved in just two out of the final 12 matches of the League One campaign last term.

There are also major doubts over the long-term futures at Hillsborough of January signings Michael Morrison and Mark Reynolds, as Megson looks to reshape his squad.

Wednesday’s Carling Cup first-round tie with Blackpool will be screened on Sky and will take place on Thursday, August 11. Kick-off is at 7.45pm.

from the star
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 22 Jun - 20:19:30

JAMAICAN international Jason Euell has not ruled out rejoining Doncaster Rovers over the summer.

The striker is without a club after being one of 11 players released by Blackpool last month following their relegation from the top flight.

He has been linked with a return to Rovers and he concedes he is in limbo until the South Yorkshire club finalise their playing budget.

“That (a move to Rovers) is something that got spoken about at the end of the season with my agent and the club and it’s that same boat of the club not knowing the budget,” he said.

“The feedback I got was that it could happen but again you don’t want to force the issue.

“It would have been nice to try and get the club (Blackpool) back up but that’s not to be so its about moving on now and finding another challenge.”

It is the second time in his footballing life Euell, who is studying for his coaching badges, has been left unattached.

He said: “I’m just waiting really. I think we all know there’s not that much happening at the moment and its the time where clubs are just weighing up whose available, what budgets they’ve got and things like that.

“That is one of the frustrating things, not knowing and not not wanting to miss out on too much time by the time that most clubs come back from pre-season.”

Euell caught the eye during his three-month loan spell at the Keepmoat Stadium, scoring three goals in 12 appearances to help Rovers stave off the threat of relegation.

With club-record signing Billy Sharp ruled out by injury, it was Euell who filled in up front in the latter stages of the campaign.

His impressive form prompted manager Sean O’Driscoll into extending his loan deal in March until the end of the season.

Euell opened his Rovers account in the 1-1 draw against Watford and he also bagged a brace in the entertaining 2-2 draw with neighbours Barnsley.

He made just three appearances in the Premier League for the Seasiders against Wigan Athletic, Aston Villa and Birmingham City and the 34-year-old is adamant he still has the ability to cut it at the top level.

“I’ve not shut the door on anything,” said Euell, who is closing in on 100 career goals. “Its not worth looking at yourself thinking I only want to go to Premiership and Championship, I think that’s a bit naive. You’ve got to be open to everything.

“For me I still think I can make it in the Premier League if I had the opportunity.”

from the star
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 22 Jun - 20:30:36

“For me I still think I can make it in the Premier League if I had the opportunity.”

That suggests to me that his wage demands could be higher than we would want to pay given the opportunity to sign him/loan him.

Is Healy available and a better option do you think or too much in the same vein as Billy ? He always looked a quality player to me and I think he's back at Sunderland from Rangers. scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 23 Jun - 6:14:29

I wouldnt read that much into it hoola tbh
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 23 Jun - 6:17:09

MR NEGATIVE wrote:I wouldnt read that much into it hoola tbh

True there must have been a Wink or Wink Wink when he made that comment. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 23 Jun - 6:17:47

Laughing
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Jun - 6:42:51

Has Bennett deffo signed for Rovers, just been looking on the chesterfield forum and they seem to think they are gonna get him, say they have offered him a contract and that it has been on SSN...is it just there immagination running wild... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 23 Jun - 6:53:41

hoolahoop wrote:“For me I still think I can make it in the Premier League if I had the opportunity.”

That suggests to me that his wage demands could be higher than we would want to pay given the opportunity to sign him/loan him.

Is Healy available and a better option do you think or too much in the same vein as Billy ? He always looked a quality player to me and I think he's back at Sunderland from Rangers. scratch

Given that Blackpool had a wage cap of £10K per week in the prem and Euell was on their books before that I'd say he was far more affordable than Healy (though I think I'd prefer Healy if we could afford)

And I may be wrong but I was under the impression Healy's a free agent now - heard that Rangers took over his contract at Sunderland which runs out the end of this month
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 23 Jun - 8:43:34

VixDRFC wrote:

Given that Blackpool had a wage cap of £10K per week in the prem and Euell was on their books before that I'd say he was far more affordable than Healy (though I think I'd prefer Healy if we could afford)

And I may be wrong but I was under the impression Healy's a free agent now - heard that Rangers took over his contract at Sunderland which runs out the end of this month

I would prefer Healy too but from your post it looks like Euell might be more affordable on balance.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 24 Jun - 5:44:40

According to Bennetts mum hes deffo signed.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 24 Jun - 5:45:39

what forum Yorkie
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 24 Jun - 5:56:33

I just directly asked her. and she said he hasnt signed for chesterfield deffo...
Show me how to prnt screen and ill show yas the convo.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 24 Jun - 6:37:57

MR NEGATIVE wrote:what forum Yorkie

Its the forum on the official chesterfield site,
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down