The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sod...Breaking News

+9
Shem_Swfc
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
NIGHTMARE
MR NEGATIVE
Irish Contingent
the vicar
pkt_drfc
VixDRFC
yorkie64red
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sod...Breaking News Empty Sod...Breaking News

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Sep - 17:19:27

Sacked...along with Richard Kelly, both put on gardening leave with Dean Saunders taking charge on saturday...on Dros now...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Sod...Breaking News Empty Re: Sod...Breaking News

Post by VixDRFC Fri 23 Sep - 17:49:21

Well if we weren't going down we will be now! Apparently Saunders went through 40+ players in a season at Wrexham

Tbh I thought better of John Ryan than this
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 23 Sep - 17:58:18

We are F**KED NOW DEFFO
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Sep - 18:03:02

Well all those that wanted Sod out should be happy at this news....can't believe it... Sad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 23 Sep - 18:05:50

Dean Saunders League 1 here we come
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 23 Sep - 18:21:26

there will be a mass exidus now i dont think JR will stay now ether THANKS TWAT SOD HEAD KNOCKERS

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 23 Sep - 18:23:20

Just said that to Billy on Twitter Vicar don't think i will get a reply

Last edited by pkt_drfc on Fri 23 Sep - 18:44:18; edited 1 time in total
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Sep - 18:36:50

the vicar wrote:there will be a mass exidus now i dont think JR will stay now ether THANKS TWAT SOD HEAD KNOCKERS

Yeah, ridiculous thing to do...still can't believe its happened....and i feel the same way about JR, i can't beleive he wanted this.. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Fri 23 Sep - 18:59:48

I didn't advocate a change of manager, more a change of style, but its happened, so i can live with it. I dont know why anyone is surprised though, JR has sacked every manager he ever appointed. Remember when Wignall was derided by the fans , JR said he would resign if Wignall was not backed, he sacked him and is still at DRFC.
I dont know if Dean Saunders has what it takes, but, i will at least give him chance ( he would not have been top of my list of potential managers ).
Not sure if TBand DW were behind this, but whoever was it was a shareholder decision, and JR is one of those.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 23 Sep - 19:35:05

ACCORDING TO WHAT I HEARD THERE WAS A MEETING LAST NIGHT AND JR AND SOD HAD A BUST UP BUT IF THERE IS A MANAGER IN PLACE NOW FROM ANOTHER CLUB THEN IT HAD TO DE ON THE CARDS FOR A FEW DAYS DONT YOU ALL THINK SO

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Fri 23 Sep - 20:40:00

I would think it was on the cards from end of last season, maybe the argument brought things to a head and JR felt he was rowing against the tide.
As with Dave Penney departure i dont suppose we will ever know the truth behind it,( although i do have some knowledge on that ), but its happened, i am not glad, i am not sad, its a fact of life that football is results orientated and SOD was not getting the results, so someone or some folk decided on action, hope it benefits the club now it has happened.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Sep - 22:21:46

Yep , at the end of the day i did not want Sod to go but he has for whatever reason, its now upto the supporters to get behind the new manager and the lads and give them the support that they will need to get out of this rut and start climbing the table...RTID
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 23 Sep - 22:50:18

I'm glad sods gone
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 23 Sep - 23:00:25

Anybody know anything about saunders ie what style of football does he favour...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 23 Sep - 23:12:53

Passing around Back four then long balls

Likes fast full backs up and down wing

Often plays 4-3-3

Leaves subs till Late

Last edited by MR NEGATIVE on Sun 25 Sep - 4:05:43; edited 1 time in total
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 24 Sep - 0:12:24

Dino Whatever have you done ?, you've took Donny to league one, you won't win a cup you won't win a shield, and your biggest game will be Chesterfield.

Blue sq within 3 years go back down quicker then you came up Laughing Laughing Laughing
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 24 Sep - 0:18:27

That's it Nightmare rub it in
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 24 Sep - 0:19:34

Its brilliant for us,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 24 Sep - 1:45:40

NIGHTMARE wrote:Dino Whatever have you done ?, you've took Donny to league one, you won't win a cup you won't win a shield, and your biggest game will be Chesterfield.

Blue sq within 3 years go back down quicker then you came up Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its been a strange day, the official site has hardly gone overboard at announcing our new manager..not many i bet woke up this morning expecting this to happen, like i have said i was behind Sod 100% and am sure that with the players coming back from injury he could have tuned it round, but something happened last night and we have found ourselves with a new manager, i will give him the same backing i gave Sod and will judge him on the results over the next few weeks, but if he doesen't turn it round then it could be a costly mistake, hopefully he will though..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 24 Sep - 2:11:33

From Paul Goodwin had it broke SOD reading the bit at Cardiff.

NOTHING ever surprises you in football - but the majority of Doncaster fans will be shocked and stunned this morning at the news of Sean O’Driscoll’s exit.

Aside from the 19-game sequence without a league win, there had been signs of late that all was not well behind the scenes.

O’Driscoll was not his usual self after the 2-0 defeat at Cardiff City a fortnight ago.

After keeping the assembled media waiting for an hour after the final whistle, O’Driscoll was almost lost for words during his radio and television interview.

He made the most untypical substitution of his entire five-year reign when he hauled off defender Richard Naylor at half time and replaced him with striker Milan Lalkovic - going all out for the win in Wales.

And he looked like a man whose world was about to end.

There were stories floating around that O’Driscoll had been inconsolable in the dressing room afterwards - allegedly sitting alone, staring into space, pondering his next move.

Indeed his next move was to drop Mustapha Dumbuya at Reading - one of the few players, in many people’s eyes, to do himself any sort of justice in Wales.

His post-match tone had notably changed, from defending his players to questioning his players.

He then changed his training methods at Cantley Park, introducing a competitive ‘win or lose’ element which defied his somewhat stubborn emphasis on performance rather than results.

From the outside looking in, he was a man who was perhaps running out of ideas.

But with Billy Sharp, Ryan Mason and Brian Stock all set to return to full fitness over the next few weeks, the timing of his departure is strange to say the least.

John Ryan announced publicly this week that Rovers weren’t about to go down the route of sacking their manager.

No other manager out there was better equipped than O’Driscoll, Ryan wrote in his Free Press column.

So the dramatic change of heart - and the speed of Dean Saunders’ recruitment - is the most shocking thing about the whole episode.

The truth about what has gone on will ultimately come out in the wash.

But like most fans, my reaction this morning was one of shock and upset - Rovers have lost a manager who was different to anything else out there.

He had a unique approach to the game, and he spoke about the game in a unique way.

He is the man who brought Championship football to Doncaster, almost single-handedly raised the club’s profile, and got them playing in a distinct and delightful fashion.

He’ll no doubt walk into another job at League One level, or higher.

Hopefully the board won’t live to regret their decision, and good luck to Dean Saunders - he has some big boots to fill.

*What are your thoughts on the events at Doncaster Rovers?

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/all_change_at_doncaster_rovers_paul_goodwin_s_view_1_3802603?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 24 Sep - 2:17:32

Good piece that..maybe Cardiff was the catalyst...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 24 Sep - 2:40:24

Wonder if we will get the radio dee daa 3 hour special that usually happens when a pig manager leaves the club.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sat 24 Sep - 3:05:56

yorkie64red wrote:Sacked...along with Richard Kelly, both put on gardening leave with Dean Saunders taking charge on saturday...on Dros now...

If those rose bushes need looking after...

The fuck is gardening leave? Sod...Breaking News Unsure

Even i feel a bit gutted for him, done miracles there
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 24 Sep - 3:10:38

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:

If those rose bushes need looking after...

The fuck is gardening leave? Sod...Breaking News Unsure

Even i feel a bit gutted for him, done miracles there

Gardening leave is basically where you are still employed by the club until a financial package can be sorted out...a few managers at our place have found themselves on it..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sat 24 Sep - 3:11:34

orite, ta

how much longer did he have on his contract? Would imagine he had a good deal?
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next