The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dee Daa tonight

+5
VixDRFC
Dagenham Rover
hoolahoop
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dee Daa tonight Empty Dee Daa tonight

Post by yorkie64red Wed 14 Dec - 7:33:00

On footy heaven tonight seemed to be mainly Rovers supporters ringing in, Seth Bennett was talking about which players he felt would leave in January..he reckons Stock , Billy , Coppinger and Wilson will be the minimum numbers leaving the club with more probably added to that list...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Dee Daa tonight Empty Re: Dee Daa tonight

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 14 Dec - 7:35:37

I think we will be suprised who leaves i would like to think Billy and Copps may stay but who know all depends on Diouf with his name being able to atract another high calibre Striker
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 14 Dec - 7:37:10

pkt_drfc wrote:I think we will be suprised who leaves i would like to think Billy and Copps may stay but who know all depends on Diouf with his name being able to atract another high calibre Striker

Well one way or another it won't be long before we find out...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 14 Dec - 7:46:18

yorkie64red wrote:

Well one way or another it won't be long before we find out...

Deedars strirring the pot again eh............they can't resist it. Sad

Whatever RTID Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 14 Dec - 8:09:35

yorkie64red wrote:On footy heaven tonight seemed to be mainly Rovers supporters ringing in, Seth Bennett was talking about which players he felt would leave in January..he reckons Stock , Billy , Coppinger and Wilson will be the minimum numbers leaving the club with more probably added to that list...

So that would leave us with something like zilch contracted players ( a bit of an exaggeration I know) I would like to think Billy and Copps would stay to the end of the season but after a couple of comments supposedly coming from Copps it wouldn't surprise me if he he did go.
Shame when we were first linked with him I deliberately went to see Dagenham v Exeter and it showed why we were interested I posted much the same either on the vsc or the old Yaurs site can't remember which.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Billy went to Sunderland I think that could be a far more credible rumour than some.

I'll support the team no matter but we could end up with something like 10 or 11 short term deal players on our books Shocked however having said that to me it wouldn't matter if we were in L1 (well it would but..) as far as the board and the buisness side something had to be done, anyway only a few weeks to wait and see
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 14 Dec - 8:19:48

Well as you say daggers Billy to Sunderland i think this one is also the most credible rumour and i do not think No DONNY fan would begrudge him that move but what ever happens in Jan will define our season I:E if most of the contracted players go providing people want them ( I think we will still be stuck with Martis he is the correct colour) Mckay obviously can find players to fill the boots yes they will prob be big names.

Last edited by pkt_drfc on Wed 14 Dec - 8:28:48; edited 1 time in total
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 14 Dec - 8:26:07

I could handle him going there no problem and I think it would suit him!

January will be well interesting Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 14 Dec - 8:53:48

I think it's more likely that 1/2 of our players might be accomodated at Wigan, Blackburn or even Bolton. rather than the Makams.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 14 Dec - 9:18:29

pkt_drfc wrote:I think we will be suprised who leaves i would like to think Billy and Copps may stay but who know all depends on Diouf with his name being able to atract another high calibre Striker

Well Diouf and Willie and god knows who else haven't been able to attract anyone who can score more than Billy have they?

Stinks to high heaven to be honest - the big names were big names years ago - not now. Has no-one questions why Beye and Diatta etc were even willing to come to Rovers? Maybe because no one was exactly queuing up for them
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 14 Dec - 9:25:50

I think you've hit the nail on the head there vix, does anyone else actually want these so called big named players?? I mean if they were offered to play in the premier avoiding relegation with someone like Wigan or avoiding relegation with Rovers in the championship which would they chose???
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 14 Dec - 9:30:03

Stock also on dee daa tonight saying that basically the results are starting to affect the players, he did say he thought the last couple of results were improved but that a run was needed soon..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 14 Dec - 9:33:20

Exactly - if I hear Diatta played in the world cup once more I'll deck someone - it was 10 bloody years ago. 10 years ago I could party all night and get the train straight to work -I can't do it now!

You know its bad when you have a casual conversation with your line manager pre meeting at work, outline the scenario in 90 seconds and they say 'sounds like you'll have different players every week@

VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 14 Dec - 9:35:37

VixDRFC wrote:Exactly - if I hear Diatta played in the world cup once more I'll deck someone - it was 10 bloody years ago. 10 years ago I could party all night and get the train straight to work -I can't do it now!

You know its bad when you have a casual conversation with your line manager pre meeting at work, outline the scenario in 90 seconds and they say 'sounds like you'll have different players every week@

Diatta has played in the world cup you Know Vikki just in case you did not know. Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry you can use Bri as your punch bag. Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 14 Dec - 9:36:58

pkt_drfc wrote:

Diatta has played in the world cup you Know Vikki just in case you did not know. Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry you can use Bri as your punch bag. Laughing

Thanks... Razz Razz Razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 14 Dec - 9:37:54

yorkie64red wrote:Stock also on dee daa tonight saying that basically the results are starting to affect the players, he did say he thought the last couple of results were improved but that a run was needed soon..

Stock was absolutely gutted on Saturday at final whistle, on his knees with his head in his hands. I wouldn;t blame him if he buggered off to be honest but we're not going to bring in anyone better than him, Billy, Copps etc and anyone who thinks so is deluded. We'll bring in people who were better 10 years ago

Forget League 1 - if this goes tits up I can see us in the conference in 3 years. Mckay won't bring in anyone to improve the squad if we get relegated - he only works in prem and international. The players we release for nothing in January,, we'll struggle to loan in July

Where's a vomiting smiley when you really need one No
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 14 Dec - 9:57:49

Well i genuinely feel sorry for you lot, it looks like it's going to be a long second half to the season for you. I hope you go on a run and manage to stay up though. Obviously not starting with us like lol!

Like you all say January will be the telling time. Good luck.
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 14 Dec - 10:13:38

To me staying up is not the issue, its keeping some remnants of our identity and the players who, despite current opinion, are good enough and committed to us. Unfortunately a lot of supporters are influenced by people they work with or Leeds fans on facebook

Block them all lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 14 Dec - 20:55:45

I'm seriously worried nay pissed off at current events at the club in fact for once this gobshite is seriously.................lost for words.
Was all this necessary imo NO, do Posh/Barnsley for example feel the need to follow this route of course NOT.

Many folk fought to keep this club from going out of existence and now I fear that we are about to lose our best players so that someone can extend the playing careers of 'has-beens' (which he has a vested interest in) whilst sacrificing our club on the altar of his vanity.

I blame the current Board for not investing properly in up and coming players, lack of a coherent strategy in investment of a future crop of talented youngsters amongst other ignominious deeds,

It appears to me that whatever was in it for them has dissipated (perhaps ownership of valuable land ? ) and now they yes ALL of them don't give a flying fook what happens to our club in the short, medium or long term.

The treatment of the previous manager and the subsequent appointment of the current manager (and his manager!) are extremely annoying . SO'D may have been ready for dismissal but there were ways and means of doing this that didn't paint such a black picture of our club. As for the appointment of Saunders.............the Board must have been on drugs when considering the merits of such a manager.

I'm furious......................... Evil or Very Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 14 Dec - 22:34:31

Pete, your post has disappeared but having read it , I think you need to have a look at the non-highlighted areas to see why I have made such remarks.

1) The club has never had a youth policy to match the likes of both my examples i.e Posh and Barnsley. Surely you must see that this is more than an oversight.
2) The club has never exploited it's marketing and Media opportunities to the fullest to alleviate the 'shortfall' (not a massive one incidentally) since our promotion. In fact any losses were probably covered by sales in this period of both Mills and Wellens as well as 'written off' losses against tax. Therefore they haven't put in as much as you are lead to believe they have!
3) John Ryan is as responsible being the Chairman of the Board for such oversights as poor marketing, youth policies, ticket structures and the current situation we find ourselves in as any of the other Board members.
4) There were huge incomes from both the JPT and P/Off finals that have never seen the light of day in the Patienceform accounts.
5) In wealth terms, the Directors of this club have personal resources that make the wealth of the 2 other clubs mentioned almost laughable in comparison.
6) The finger has NOT been on the pulse , opportunities have NOT been exploited unless you can demonstrate to me that they indeed have.
7) The overheads/debt of our club are still very low albeit I admit the income streams are poor

Finally what part of my attack on Saunders do you disagree with ? He is patently not up to the job. scratch

Btw I am well aware that JR is considered a God to the supporters of DRFC, he is to me but the current parlous state of the club and the form of the team still has to be partly down to him as well as the previous manager who lacked the resources to effect the changes that were needed not now but 4/5 years ago but were thought to be unnecessary because we were so poor. The eye simply was not on the ball and now we have to 'firefight' with an agent at the helm and a bunch of aged stars being played in one of the most competitive leagues in the world like some 'punchdrunk' boxers looking for a last payday.

Please point out specifically why my post still displeases you .............
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 14 Dec - 22:36:43

I deleted it because i decided i did not want to get into an argument today as i feel in a happy mood for once.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 14 Dec - 22:40:59

pkt_drfc wrote:I deleted it because i decided i did not want to get into an argument today as i feel in a happy mood for once.

Well sorry about that you now have my reply to piss you off, I hope I've answered your questions. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 14 Dec - 22:42:23

pkt_drfc wrote:I deleted it because i decided i did not want to get into an argument today as i feel in a happy mood for once.

What the pug back from the dead Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 14 Dec - 22:43:55

Dagenham Rover wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 14 Dec - 22:46:58

Who has to reply. Razz What i will finish with saying though your last bit i never said i support DS or Mckay for that matter but i am not in the waving my shoes in the air camp just yet where a couple of week ago we was all in high sprits beating saints to this week after the loss it has once again turned into a blood fest . To be honest i have put Rovers on the back burner now because there is more things to worry about for me Debt and other things all the negativity surrounding the long standing and new fans make me feel we are not a unit no more and you can Not have a Laugh anymore with people you used to be able to because everybody is like a bear with a sore arse.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 14 Dec - 22:53:20

Dagenham Rover wrote:

No i am afraid NOT the Insurance has been cancelled also tax has been sent back for a refund. Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next