The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ipswich Away

+2
NIGHTMARE
Dan_the_Owl
6 posters

Go down

Ipswich Away Empty Ipswich Away

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 13 Nov - 10:52:04

Is it safe to assume that none of us Wednesdayites here are amongst the 200+ who've bought tickets for this? (Awaits inevitable "massive club" gags Rolling Eyes )

With tickets at 31 quid, and the game live on Sky, even with a turnout from some London-based Owls, I can't see us making it past 500 for this one. I've travelled some downright silly distances to watch Wednesday, but I'm working on Saturday, so the best I can do is catch it on the telly.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Ipswich Away Empty Re: Ipswich Away

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 13 Nov - 10:57:39

ive been looking into the cost of the train and things for next year when we play them and your looking at £85 just in travel and match ticket
so i don't blame Wednesday fans for staying at home watching the tv
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 13 Nov - 11:06:18

True, it's not the easiest place to get to either, especially with the slightly later kick-off making it harder to get back up the road.

Ipswich simply cannot justify 31 quid for a ticket. Robbing barstewards.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 13 Nov - 11:07:50

at £31 that the most expensive in the league
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 20 Nov - 4:27:28

So, I ask again...Shem, Claire? Anyone here going down on Saturday? If not, what are your plans for watching the game?

I haven't decided if I'll bother going to the pub yet, or just watch it in the house. I reckon I might need the booze, regardless of the result. Smile
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 20 Nov - 4:29:01

Im Off straight after training.

No point watching it on Sky.

No point really going as we epic fail on tv.

Im just going down for the Chants really, plus i am going with a certain Lewis McMahon Wink
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 8:22:02

Lewis McMahon, really? How do you know him?

Nah i'm not going. I'm working, but will be home about 20 minutes after kick-off.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 20 Nov - 8:23:36

Oh unlucky.

He was my brothers mate, used to work with him at The Royal Mail in Donny. I remember the moment when i nut-megged him playing on Pilks in Kirk Sandall, then he got into the Wednesday team and moved to Sheffield, but he still keeps in touch with my brother, and seeing as he is a Wednesdayite, he got us tickets to the game!
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 8:27:11

Nice one, we'll have to got you in the side. You a striker?
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 20 Nov - 8:27:44

Defender Wink

Im like a Darren Purse so...... lol!
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Fri 20 Nov - 8:31:16

...so you can be our next captain Razz
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 20 Nov - 8:32:34

lol!
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 20 Nov - 22:18:58

are you left back when the team goes on the coach away????
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sun 22 Nov - 10:05:10

My feelings on every game, no matter how dull, could end up reading like War and Peace, so I'll summarise briefly.

Positives;

Grant, crucial saves, excellent as ever.
Simek, good game, on his way back to the Frankie we know and love.
Hinds and Buxton, clean sheet well deserved tonight.
Clarke. We looked better up front after he came on. (See Luke Varney)

Negatives;

Laws' tactics. Why no Esajas late on? And why not pull Varney?
Varney. Awful. Again.
Spurr. Looks nervous, exposed. Improved second half somewhat.

Thoughts people?
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 23 Nov - 0:52:45

Have to agree with all of that. Although we did create more when Clarke was on, he himself didn't play well.

I just can't understand why Laws won't play Esajas, something behind the scenes maybe? He has certainly done enough on the pitch to deserve a starting place.

I'm glad that Laws is changing things by playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 away from home, but IMO he is not taking advantage of the formation. This formation is a perfect opportunity to try and play arguably our two most effective players Johnson and Esajas in the same team, but he won't try it. I'd like to see Tudgay through the middle, and the two wingers on each side, with Varney on the bench. If were going to attempt to do anything this season Laws has to play his best players. I don't want Laws sacke, but he has to be sensible.

Overall though, it was a very good point. Solid defensively, Simek is looking better every game, Hinds and Buxton are working really well in the centre, Spurr hmmm good going forward in the second half. Good foundations to build on.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 23 Nov - 10:32:18

Laws does seem afraid of playing Johnson and Esajas together. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but they are our two best creative players, can't we fit them in? The benching of Esajas frustrates me actually, the guy is clearly talented, but we could have had so much more out of him. I can't help but feel that playing week in week out would do wonders for his confidence. We will never see him at his best by throwing him on for 10-20mins every couple of weeks.

The Wednesday wrote:Overall though, it was a very good point.

Thank you! Is it any wonder that we come to this forum for our sanity? Some of the hysteric responses to last night's game on Owlstalk almost beggar belief. The same people predicting a hammering (almost wanting one, to give credibility to their 'LAWS OUT' cry), were the same ones saying that we were disgraceful, and should be beating teams like Ipswich. What drivel. Some of the nonsense on there lately really has surprised me. The way Lee Strafford and Brian Laws have been demonised by some is reminiscent of the hounding of Dave Allen. You know, when we actually had serious problems? A major reality check is required amongst certain sections of the support.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Tue 24 Nov - 23:13:38

Dan_the_Owl wrote:Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but they are our two best creative players, can't we fit them in?

Yes. With a 4-3-3, the formation we are playing away from home now. Our defence will have the protection from 3 midfielders, and Johnson and Esajas will have the freedom to be creative. It's so obvious to me, there has got to be more to it though.

I'm just browsing Owlstalk now and there is some utter rubbish on there.

Andy Keogh on loan? Fantastic but is unrealistic.

Prove me wrong Laws.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 25 Nov - 7:06:24

The Wednesday wrote:

Yes. With a 4-3-3, the formation we are playing away from home now. Our defence will have the protection from 3 midfielders, and Johnson and Esajas will have the freedom to be creative. It's so obvious to me, there has got to be more to it though.

I'm just browsing Owlstalk now and there is some utter rubbish on there.

Andy Keogh on loan? Fantastic but is unrealistic.

Prove me wrong Laws.

Try the Blades boards they are as bad . What the fook's going on in Sheffield, it's always moan, moan and a bigger moan !
Jeez give the rest of us a break ffs. That does of course exclude the Wendies on this Board who seek sanctuary here with good reason. Presumably the lack of Blades on here , infers that they are back on their Boards awaiting that 'Waco moment' when they of course will plan their pilgrimage to Bumhole Lane whence they will blow themselves up in front of the Great Master Blackwell.
Then let the celebrations begin................................ cherry cherry cherry cherry
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down