The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Goodwin's tweets

+8
snoopy
Dagenham Rover
dickos1
Irish Contingent
Red Wizard
yorkie64red
hoolahoop
VixDRFC
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paul Goodwin's tweets Empty Paul Goodwin's tweets

Post by VixDRFC Wed 29 Feb - 11:11:11

Apparently we're wanting Ikeme back - if he rejects us (to stay at Wolves and try to impress manager) we're likely to go back in for Chris Kirkland - unlikely we'll go back for Button

When will we learn? We need a decent and more important, a reliable keeper. To me the absence of a proven fit Championship keeper has been the most detrimental point to our season
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Paul Goodwin's tweets Empty Re: Paul Goodwin's tweets

Post by hoolahoop Wed 29 Feb - 19:26:17

VixDRFC wrote:Apparently we're wanting Ikeme back - if he rejects us (to stay at Wolves and try to impress manager) we're likely to go back in for Chris Kirkland - unlikely we'll go back for Button

When will we learn? We need a decent and more important, a reliable keeper. To me the absence of a proven fit Championship keeper has been the most detrimental point to our season

We've been trying to learn this lesson for some 3/4 years, we're not talking about a huge purchase or wage here just 2 pairs of reliable hands to give our defence stability.
It beggars belief and really shows how we lost the plot quite some time ago even under SO'D. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 29 Feb - 20:15:39

If there is any doub't about Ikeme..then i would have kept Button..i can see a scenario where we tell Button he isn't wanted ..Ikeme turns us down we go for Kirkland he gets injured and we have to put Gary Woods back in goal...lets hope it doesen't come to that..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Thu 1 Mar - 4:21:19

If this happens then that will be the final straw for me. He will last one game again if we are lucky.

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Thu 1 Mar - 5:27:07

PG also tweeted "some news on back page tomorrows FP which may have ramifications for other sports in Doncaster ".

When asked if it was to do with "Buying" KMS he replied "No.......But you are not a million miles away".

So was asked if it to do with lease............No reply as yet!.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Thu 1 Mar - 7:22:24

I think ikeme is more than decent, our best run of form has come with him in the sticks. Wouldn't say he was injury prone either, his injury was a thumb/wrist injury if I'm not mistaken.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 1 Mar - 7:48:00

dickos1 wrote:I think ikeme is more than decent, our best run of form has come with him in the sticks. Wouldn't say he was injury prone either, his injury was a thumb/wrist injury if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think anyone would disagree (though he did play a big part in costing us the game the game away at Birmingham, it was the first time I'd seen him make a real howler.) I think what we're concerned about is that we decide to go for him over Button (who has also been decent in my opinion) and he decides to stay at Wolves we''ll be left with the decidedly injury prone Kirkland No
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 1 Mar - 8:01:02

Personally I think I prefer Ikeme not that Buttons done anything particularly wrong its just opinions.
Look at the old adage the attacker cocks up, the midfielder sorts it, the midfielder cocks up the defender sorts it, the defender cocks up the goalie sorts it, the goalie cocks up the ref blows his whistle and
points to the centre circle pale
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 1 Mar - 8:05:08

Ikeme's the better keeper but if it comes down to the fact he doesn't want to come and its between Button and Kirkland then Button every time
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 1 Mar - 8:09:15

VixDRFC wrote:Ikeme's the better keeper but if it comes down to the fact he doesn't want to come and its between Button and Kirkland then Button every time

Spot on, however Kirklands the better keeper but would he stay fit
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 1 Mar - 8:16:04

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Spot on, however Kirklands the better keeper but would he stay fit

Thats the reason I'd pick Button, and chances are if other people thought Kirkland would stay fit he wouldn't be available for us
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 1 Mar - 8:20:52

VixDRFC wrote:

Thats the reason I'd pick Button, and chances are if other people thought Kirkland would stay fit he wouldn't be available for us

Blimey agreement on a forum Shocked don't tell the vsc oh its ok its down again Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 1 Mar - 8:30:47

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Blimey agreement on a forum Shocked don't tell the vsc oh its ok its down again Laughing

lol! but wasn't there a planned maintenance for tonight?

I thought we mainly agreed on here anyway - or at least respected differing opinions. I was going to make a joke about wondering if the Owls would want Saunders but some bugger would take me seriously Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Thu 1 Mar - 8:45:17

ikeme back in the morning
That made my night. Paul goodwin tweeted he will be training tomorow.

Last edited by Red Wizard on Thu 1 Mar - 8:46:34; edited 1 time in total

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 1 Mar - 8:45:40

Paul's tweeted Ikeme will join on loan, reporting for training tomorrow Smile
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Thu 1 Mar - 8:53:30

So pleased about this. Only seen him make one mistake and that was at Brum. Top keeper.

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by snoopy Thu 1 Mar - 9:11:05

Red Wizard wrote:So pleased about this. Only seen him make one mistake and that was at Brum. Top keeper.
Dead chuffed we have got him again, i was worried we would have Woods back in goal.

snoopy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyVercetti Thu 1 Mar - 10:36:17

Good news. Looked a good shot stopper and I don't think I saw him miss a cross when he was last here. I wouldn't have been very confident if we'd have to make do with 'Flapper' Woods in goal on Saturday.
TommyVercetti
TommyVercetti
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 1 Mar - 11:09:35

Pleased he's back but a big thanks to Button for the 3 clean sheets he kept for us - is that a record this season?
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 1 Mar - 19:43:06

TommyVercetti wrote:Good news. Looked a good shot stopper and I don't think I saw him miss a cross when he was last here. I wouldn't have been very confident if we'd have to make do with 'Flapper' Woods in goal on Saturday.

Get ready for him to have a howler now you have said that......... Neutral

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 1 Mar - 20:25:58

Yea BRILLl News class keeper also on the Button front app Emergency loans can NOT go over 93 days which it would have been if he had taken another month according to Paul Goodwins tweet anyway
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Thu 1 Mar - 23:04:46

This season I think we've only had 6 clean sheets in the league, and all but one of those have come with either button or ikeme in goal

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 1 Mar - 23:05:18

pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 1 Mar - 23:24:49

According to Wolves site deal is until 7 April - he may also be able to play in the Leicester game on the 7 Apr 12 - so could be here for 10 games in total. He's a good keeper - and he may find himself rather busy......................

Loan Deal

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Fri 2 Mar - 0:55:29

Excellent news Smile
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down