The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diamond Jubilee

+2
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
yorkie64red
6 posters

Go down

Diamond Jubilee Empty Diamond Jubilee

Post by yorkie64red Sat 2 Jun - 4:57:48

Celebrating 60 years of a Queen who has served this nation well..and the country if only for a few days can try and forget all the doom and gloom that is evident in everyones lives...not many people get the chance to see something like this..and we can put on a show that will showcase this nation to the world because we do it well..enjoy the next few days and take pride in what it means to be British..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Diamond Jubilee Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Sat 2 Jun - 8:40:41

really couldnt give leess of a fuck, working at 5:00 sunday morning
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Mon 4 Jun - 2:09:16

It just shows how far out of touch these people are.
They can manage to spend an absolute fortune and go swanning around , with all the masses crawling up to them , when there are millions in this country jobless and/or skint.

Why do the people of this country pander up to these parasites
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 4 Jun - 18:49:08

diggerman wrote:It just shows how far out of touch these people are.
They can manage to spend an absolute fortune and go swanning around , with all the masses crawling up to them , when there are millions in this country jobless and/or skint.

Well i would rather have the monarchy then a president that would cost us just as much and bring fuck all into the country diminish us on the world stage...and if you want someone to blame for the unemployed and everyone else then i suggest you look at the last Government who got us in this mess spending money we didn't have..i know who i blame and it isn't the Queen..it isn't her who has encouraged a nation of wasters and scroungers..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Tue 5 Jun - 2:52:36

Yes well , that's handy isn't it - blame the last government for everything while THIS government delights in keeping the people down with cut after cut after cut.
sad day for this country when this evil government got into power - god only know's where it's all gonna end.

And if this country is in such a mess (YOU say because of the last government) , then why is so much money being spent on this "jubilee" thing????
Rubbing people's noses in it !
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 5 Jun - 6:35:56

diggerman wrote:Yes well , that's handy isn't it - blame the last government for everything while THIS government delights in keeping the people down with cut after cut after cut.
sad day for this country when this evil government got into power - god only know's where it's all gonna end.

And if this country is in such a mess (YOU say because of the last government) , then why is so much money being spent on this "jubilee" thing????Rubbing people's noses in it !

Actually apart from policing the cost of the jubilee has come from donations.. and that was a instruction from the Queen that no public money be spent on the events.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Tue 5 Jun - 8:46:26

I don't believe that for a minute... and then there's the money it's all costing the economy (extra bank holiday).
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 5 Jun - 8:48:51

what ***** shagger doing stud at back of her, surely it should be a member of family or summet
the amount of hangers on that have got involved is unbelievable
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 5 Jun - 8:51:06

you could buy a decent 3 bed house in a decent part of yorkshire with what them fireworks cost
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 5 Jun - 18:40:28

diggerman wrote:I don't believe that for a minute... and then there's the money it's all costing the economy (extra bank holiday).

I'm sure you don't...and as for the economy, what about all the money it is generating the pubs are packed i'm sure they are glad of it..shops are selling more..the people that make commemarative gifts are buisier then ever..and as we get less bank holidays then anyone else i'm glad of it and me raking up at 4.30 in a morning and doing nights etc tells me i've done my bit and am glad of the rest..and at the end of the day its all academic the vast majority of people in this country prefer what we have and it aint gonna change..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 5 Jun - 18:44:48

NIGHTMARE wrote:you could buy a decent 3 bed house in a decent part of yorkshire with what them fireworks cost

Or two in Barnsley then... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 5 Jun - 18:56:46

diggerman wrote:I don't believe that for a minute... and then there's the money it's all costing the economy (extra bank holiday).

Quote from the Daily Mirror...so i'm sure you'll believe it now..

Queen "sensitive" towards public paying for Diamond Jubilee
The Queen does not want the public to have to pay for her Diamond Jubilee celebrations at a time when hard-up families are struggling, Tory peer Lord ­Salisbury revealed yesterday.

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Tue 5 Jun - 22:36:59

Well , everyone has different opinions i suppose - but you're right about one thing , it aint gonna change.

I'd have rather been at work today though
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 5 Jun - 23:08:15

diggerman wrote:Well , everyone has different opinions i suppose - but you're right about one thing , it aint gonna change.

I'd have rather been at work today though

Bugger that...i spend enough time there... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 6 Jun - 7:17:40

Well it is over Now shows how much love there is for the monarchy with the amount of people on pall mall today brilliant or and the red arrows was amazing as well
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 6 Jun - 9:25:38

diggerman wrote:It just shows how far out of touch these people are.

Ok fella what do you suggest .........handing out a £10 or so to each of the unemployed and in the meantime those working can carry on in a lifeless grey world ?
For the last few days I've NEVER felt so proud to be from these islands. To see that our country can still put on a show to dazzle (nay show after show) and to think there were many that were worried that we would make an arse of the Olympics eh.

This year, our people ALL our people can and will show the world what sort of nation we are ........a proud , strong, decent, diverse and inventive group of folk

A Royalist cheers cheers cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 6 Jun - 9:31:11

diggerman wrote:Yes well , that's handy isn't it - blame the last government for everything while THIS government delights in keeping the people down with cut after cut after cut.

And if this country is in such a mess (YOU say because of the last government) , then why is so much money being spent on this "jubilee" thing????
Rubbing people's noses in it !

You got it right there they fooked up royally (unintended pun)
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 6 Jun - 18:43:25

hoolahoop wrote:

Ok fella what do you suggest .........handing out a £10 or so to each of the unemployed and in the meantime those working can carry on in a lifeless grey world ?
For the last few days I've NEVER felt so proud to be from these islands. To see that our country can still put on a show to dazzle (nay show after show) and to think there were many that were worried that we would make an arse of the Olympics eh.

This year, our people ALL our people can and will show the world what sort of nation we are ........a proud , strong, decent, diverse and inventive group of folk

A Royalist cheers cheers cheers

Well said Hoola...its a drab Grey world..some people like that but i don't if there is one thing we are still the best in the world at it is putting on a show...just for a few days people can forget all the bad news but maybe thats the point some people don't want us to...could you imagine living in a country like America where all the news is Politics how dull..and i'm looking forward to the next Jubilee in 10 years now that will be a first...this weekend People rediscovered just what it means to be British.. cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Thu 7 Jun - 2:03:25

now you're a racist again if you have a british flag or owt flying up
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 7 Jun - 3:57:48

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:now you're a racist again if you have a british flag or owt flying up

Not this weekend or not ever...People should fly it high and with pride..i think this weekend it was pulled out of the gutter where the PC brigade have been trying to keep it and people have once again rediscovered just what it means to be British...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Thu 7 Jun - 4:42:50

thats what im saying pal, if you went outside yesterday singing rule Britannia no one would think of owt of it, in 2 weeks time you're more likely to be called a nazi by some dickhead
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 7 Jun - 6:24:52

yorkie64red wrote:

Not this weekend or not ever...People should fly it high and with pride..i think this weekend it was pulled out of the gutter where the PC brigade have been trying to keep it and people have once again rediscovered just what it means to be British...

I agree after this momentous year it's going to be almost impossible for the PC brigade, petty liberals and doom mongers to stop the momentum against their petty and quite clearly ridiculous ideas.
Over these next few months...........white, black, gay , straight will now be able once again to reclaim their flag. Believe it or not celebrating our nation is not a divider but something that embraces all those that realise just how relevant it really is even in a modern multi-cultural Great Britain.

Jingoistic ?....................you bet I am we have a deep deep history, established customs, pageantry and institutions that should never fail to inspire those that want to embrace all that it has and can offer to ALL irrespective of race, colour or creed. cheers cheers cheers

Pound for pound this country has had more influence on the world of the last millennia than any other and is the envy of many if not all non-Brits. Proud you bet we are. Smile Smile Smile Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Thu 7 Jun - 7:15:43

FIGHT THE POWER Wink

Diamond Jubilee Gay-flag
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Fri 8 Jun - 9:24:18

hoolahoop wrote:

You got it right there they fooked up royally (unintended pun)

Yes well , just wait till we've had five years of this "government" - and i use the term lightly.
You'll know what "they fooked up" REALLY means then.
They carry on with their incessant cut backs (which dont affect THEM by the way) and there'll be NO public sevices at all.
And how do they expect things to pick up when all they do is slash wages , hike up prices , and dump people on the dole?
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Jun - 9:38:11

diggerman wrote:

Yes well , just wait till we've had five years of this "government" - and i use the term lightly.
You'll know what "they fooked up" REALLY means then.
They carry on with their incessant cut backs (which dont affect THEM by the way) and there'll be NO public sevices at all.
And how do they expect things to pick up when all they do is slash wages , hike up prices , and dump people on the dole?

digger that's another topic and I would be open to a discussion some time Wink
As for the monarchy, the whole point of it is the fact that it is apolitical and supported by a massive majority of our people as well as all the main political parties. It represents the glue that sticks our disparate parts of the country and Commonwealth together and to me protects our history .
I think you saw our people voice and show their feelings and will continue to in a 're-publican' way (latin res publica meaning I believe the way of the people ?)
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down