The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deano HOPING

+8
Red Wizard
SkellowRover
VixDRFC
dickos1
donnyroversfc
Filo
hoolahoop
the vicar
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Deano HOPING Empty Deano HOPING

Post by the vicar Mon 30 Jul - 5:18:08

To bring 4 in this week

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Deano HOPING Empty Re: Deano HOPING

Post by hoolahoop Tue 31 Jul - 6:52:38

the vicar wrote:To bring 4 in this week

I'm wetting mesen just like a kid before Christmas here not. I don't believe a word that comes out from the Board or manager of this club anymore (yes Skellow I have read your long PM and am devastated and very very angry about the behaviour at the top Twisted Evil )
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Tue 31 Jul - 6:55:24

Care to share?

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Tue 31 Jul - 6:58:08

Yes, please share... If it's about players coming in though then dont fret, we are quite clearly going to be announcing some deals in the coming days.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 31 Jul - 7:21:50

Filo wrote:Care to share?

Not just yet but when I am sure (having heard similar events described from another real source)............I will providing the sources agree in some way.
It's time there was a lot more honesty and real transparency at our club. Some events have the nasty smell of darker days surrounding them. I am not putting up with that shite again. affraid
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Tue 31 Jul - 7:30:10

hoolahoop wrote:

Not just yet but when I am sure (having heard similar events described from another real source)............I will providing the sources agree in some way.
It's time there was a lot more honesty and real transparency at our club. Some events have the nasty smell of darker days surrounding them. I am not putting up with that shite again. affraid

Would n`t it be better to hold your council until you`re ready to reveal something rather than make a post with the "I know something you don`t" attitude?

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 31 Jul - 7:32:46

Filo wrote:

Would n`t it be better to hold your council until you`re ready to reveal something rather than make a post with the "I know something you don`t" attitude?

Yep you're probably right Dave............anger can be a foolish master.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Tue 31 Jul - 8:35:18

hoolahoop wrote:

I'm wetting mesen just like a kid before Christmas here not. I don't believe a word that comes out from the Board or manager of this club anymore (yes Skellow I have read your long PM and am devastated and very very angry about the behaviour at the top Twisted Evil )

So if we do sign 4 players this week will you be admitting you and skellow were wrong?

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 31 Jul - 8:42:18

dickos1 wrote:

So if we do sign 4 players this week will you be admitting you and skellow were wrong?

TBH signing (or not signing) 4 players is just the tip of the iceberg re people's concerns

VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Tue 31 Jul - 8:53:11

It`s like a game of Chinese Whispers, and conspiracy theories on here, yet no one has produced any hard evidence of skulduggery, all we get is some one has pm`d some one else, that some one else then posts a little teaser on here without revealing anything and suddenly it`s gospel. If people have info regarding the future well being of the club being put in jeopardy they have a duty as a fan to reveal what they know, regardless of their source for this information, that`s if they really care about the club!

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 31 Jul - 9:14:01

Filo wrote:It`s like a game of Chinese Whispers, and conspiracy theories on here, yet no one has produced any hard evidence of skulduggery, all we get is some one has pm`d some one else, that some one else then posts a little teaser on here without revealing anything and suddenly it`s gospel. If people have info regarding the future well being of the club being put in jeopardy they have a duty as a fan to reveal what they know, regardless of their source for this information, that`s if they really care about the club!

But do they have a duty to reveal on here?

To be honest 1 signing or 4 - surely it depends on WHO the signings are, to whether it makes a difference
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Tue 31 Jul - 9:25:21

VixDRFC wrote:

But do they have a duty to reveal on here?

To be honest 1 signing or 4 - surely it depends on WHO the signings are, to whether it makes a difference

Not necessarily, but they do know who to contact, so they can investigate any concerns/info, for some reason it appears that they choose not to and prefer to post little teasers or titbits suggesting some skulduggery, without actually revealing anything or any evidence to back it up, to the outsider like me it appears little more than muck raking.

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 31 Jul - 9:30:27

Well muck raking goes on everywhere. TBH I only believe people I know as opposed to people I just know online if that makes sense - but that's just me
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Tue 31 Jul - 10:56:45

Not really vix as hoola was saying he didn't believe we would make these signings. The board and Saunders haven't come out and said they're gonna be shit hot just that 4 signings will be made. Now hoola and skellow have rubbished these claims so if they do actually happen then I'm sure they'll admit they were wrong..

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Tue 31 Jul - 18:42:57

Where have i said we wont make 4 signings? I said the KM2 dont want to invest and if they do it will be at +3% on top of a banks interest rate, you seem to have selective reading at times. I have said i'm worried with less then 2 weeks to go until the season opens that we have 14/15 Pro's on our books excluding the kids.
Also the wages freed up by Friends move and the possible departures of Stock & Copps mean we could sign half a dozen players on cheaper wages without a penny being put into the club.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Tue 31 Jul - 23:04:51

We've already signed 4 and lost only one of the high earners?? Your not telling me friend was on more than all those 4 put together

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Tue 31 Jul - 23:34:20

We have lost 2 high earners. Beye,Friend. I reckon friend will of been on 5k plus.

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 1 Aug - 1:04:37

SkellowRover wrote:Where have i said we wont make 4 signings? I said the KM2 dont want to invest and if they do it will be at +3% on top of a banks interest rate, you seem to have selective reading at times. I have said i'm worried with less then 2 weeks to go until the season opens that we have 14/15 Pro's on our books excluding the kids.
Also the wages freed up by Friends move and the possible departures of Stock & Copps mean we could sign half a dozen players on cheaper wages without a penny being put into the club.

If thats the case then why the feck doesnt DRFC ( JR) simply use a bank. After all every other club does.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 1 Aug - 2:26:33

Irish Contingent wrote:

If thats the case then why the feck doesnt DRFC ( JR) simply use a bank. After all every other club does.

In this day and age i doub't banks are willing to lend large amounts to football clubs..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Wed 1 Aug - 12:03:34

They seem happy to be doing business with teams like Rotherham

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Wed 1 Aug - 18:43:17

dickos1 wrote:They seem happy to be doing business with teams like Rotherham

Are they? Football clubs all have a terrible credit rating, getting overdraft facilities is nigh on impossible. That's one of the reasons we haven't been able to offer credit facilities on season tickets before as we couldn't get a credit licence. We have one now though, just in case anybody is looking for more negative stuff on the club!

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Wed 1 Aug - 20:21:56

Far from being negative sm. I don't believe the km2 are charging us 3% more than most banks, that's my point.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Wed 1 Aug - 22:14:10

dickos1 wrote:Far from being negative sm. I don't believe the km2 are charging us 3% more than most banks, that's my point.

I wasn't referring to you, it was just a general statement about the constant negativity.

There are some simple maths at stake here, the only way anybody can charge any interest and recover that money is out of profits that are made. Err, we don't make any profit!! So if any of the KM2 lend money to the club they are lending it to themselves, and then if its paid back they are responsible for paying the bill. Its a bit like moving money from your right hand trouser pocket to your left hand pocket, who pays the bill? Whoever owns the trousers!

I was sat with the DRFC accountants at the end of season dinner and we talked about this very subject. Although they couldn't go into any details or specifics they told me enough, and that is we are in very good shape compared to even the average football club. Same conversation in my meeting with the FL last week, no problems to report here.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Thu 2 Aug - 3:47:02

dickos1 wrote:Far from being negative sm. I don't believe the km2 are charging us 3% more than most banks, that's my point.

Lol shows how naive you are, if DS got seen on CCTV robbing a bank you wouldn't believe it either. A regular contributor to this forum has seen the accounts and already stated about the high interest rate......

hoolahoop wrote:All I know is that Skellow has NEVER given me information that turned out to be incorrect. I consider SM to be a friend too but there is clearly a matter of interpretation here re. the rent and basically you both seem to be arguing with the same point but from a different direction.
There is nothing to say (whatever current agreements) that decisions/agreements on any development can't be changed in the future.
I have seen the accounts and also recognise that the interest charged on loans IS above the current bank rate.

I've said before i have no reason to lie or bullsh*t anyone and neither have the people who talk to me about things behind the scenes as they have always been spot on, even if things don't develop as expected when i'm told them as things do change in football, but when i am told things they are legitimate to the club at the current time. The KM2 can charge whatever interest rate they want afterall it's their decision where the club gets money from as they are the majority owners of the club, and the bank will not give us a penny anyway. Wake up and smell the coffee, the KM2 can do what the hell they want with our club and NOBODY can stop them, not even JR. What is more frightning is if they really want to take their ball in is the fact they could very easily put the club into administration at the very least. I remember in the 90's there were people with rose tinted glasses thinking Uncle Ken was the greatest thing since sliced bread and JR was basically forced out of the club, when will people being forced out stop? as it's even been happening recently. If the KM2 showed half the passion and love for ther club that JR does then i wouldn't be concerned, that fact is they don't.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Thu 2 Aug - 4:08:42

Silent Majority wrote:

I wasn't referring to you, it was just a general statement about the constant negativity.

There are some simple maths at stake here, the only way anybody can charge any interest and recover that money is out of profits that are made. Err, we don't make any profit!! So if any of the KM2 lend money to the club they are lending it to themselves, and then if its paid back they are responsible for paying the bill. Its a bit like moving money from your right hand trouser pocket to your left hand pocket, who pays the bill? Whoever owns the trousers!

I was sat with the DRFC accountants at the end of season dinner and we talked about this very subject. Although they couldn't go into any details or specifics they told me enough, and that is we are in very good shape compared to even the average football club. Same conversation in my meeting with the FL last week, no problems to report here.

***Sorry had to edit my reply as there are 1-2 things on it i shouldn't really be posting, all i will say is no matter how it is dressed up if they are lending it to themselves basically then why charge any interest alone never mind an inflated rate? Because that interest is going into THEIR bank accounts and leaving the club.***
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next