The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any News 2..........?

+3
donnyroversfc
Silent Majority
Upwind
7 posters

Go down

Any News 2..........? Empty Any News 2..........?

Post by Upwind Thu 9 Aug - 0:16:03

We still await the surge of new blood into the club, and I’m sick to the back teeth at the lack of communication & misinformation coming from the club and DS.

Therefore, as we haven’t had an official proclamation or sound bite from the club for a few days now, does anybody have any unlikely rumours that they want to get off their chest………….?

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Any News 2..........? Empty Re: Any News 2..........?

Post by Silent Majority Thu 9 Aug - 0:30:54

Not rumours, but I do know that we gave medicals to 2 players last Saturday. I also know that the Stock situation should have been resolved last Monday so I don't know why any of this has not been made public.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 9 Aug - 1:17:49

Silent Majority wrote:Not rumours, but I do know that we gave medicals to 2 players last Saturday. I also know that the Stock situation should have been resolved last Monday so I don't know why any of this has not been made public.

The club have been quiet all summer (apart from a joke of a fans forum, and a interview with the free press that was full off cliche'd old rubbish and contradictions).

They have left it all to Dean Saunders to face and deal with... Scapegoat springs to mind!! John Ryan can't take criticism, that's one of his problems.

I'm sure all this summers antics were all part of the '2 year plan' though... What were the objectives of this plan? I'll hazard a guess..
1) Make Dean Saunders job as difficult as possibly can.

2) Piss the fans off as much as we can. Go into hiding, so they question whether we are actually still alive.

3) Make sure Doncaster Rovers have a shite squad, that is low on numbers. For hilarity purposes.

They the main targets of the 2 year plan? VERY good job you are doing so far then Doncaster Rovers if that is the case.

Who runs our club? My guess would be either Donny Dog or the Vikettes. Maybe both, combined?

Oh well, there is always next season to look forward to.

I stick with my prediction of us getting relegated yet again, this season.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SPROTYROVER Thu 9 Aug - 1:32:57

Silent Majority wrote:Not rumours, but I do know that we gave medicals to 2 players last Saturday. I also know that the Stock situation should have been resolved last Monday so I don't know why any of this has not been made public.

Thanks for the Info SM I'm sure Donnyroversfc reply will spur you on, to keep up the flow of information!

SPROTYROVER
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 9 Aug - 1:42:12

SPROTYROVER wrote:

Thanks for the Info SM I'm sure Donnyroversfc reply will spur you on, to keep up the flow of information!

SM has given us snippets of information every now and again... It's not him we want to hear from though (in a non-disrespectful way) the silence from the club is only adding to the nonsense and negativity... They come across as if they don't care, with all this hiding they are doing.

Dean Saunders doesn't stand a chance i am afraid... And any negative comments aimed at the club, from fans are definitely 100% acceptable and justified. How anyone is expected to be positive in the situation we find ourselves in, is crazy. I was looking forward to this season after the complete right-off of the last campaign. Now i'm not looking forward to it in the slightest Sad
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Majority Thu 9 Aug - 1:49:29

There's some truth in what you say, and I've been telling the club this all summer, that the only spokesperson seems to be DS. I don't want to do it.

But playing matters aside, there has been massive changes for good at DRFC, long may that continue.

Silent Majority
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 9 Aug - 2:05:49

donnyroversfc wrote:

SM has given us snippets of information every now and again... It's not him we want to hear from though (in a non-disrespectful way) the silence from the club is only adding to the nonsense and negativity... They come across as if they don't care, with all this hiding they are doing.

Dean Saunders doesn't stand a chance i am afraid... And any negative comments aimed at the club, from fans are definitely 100% acceptable and justified. How anyone is expected to be positive in the situation we find ourselves in, is crazy. I was looking forward to this season after the complete right-off of the last campaign. Now i'm not looking forward to it in the slightest Sad
For once I concur donnyroversfc...............

The silence just adds to the frustration. I don't understand why the club are not engaging with the fans - however bleak the situation. The lack of any clear communication means that a lot of supporters are rapidly losing any confidence in how the club is being run - and at the end of the day, as paying customers, they may end up taking their custom elsewhere.

There's still time for them to pull their fingers out, but I'm confused by the management of this close season.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 9 Aug - 2:51:26

Looks like Paul Quinh has signed according to DRFC twitter feed
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 9 Aug - 2:53:56

pkt_drfc wrote:Looks like Paul Quinh has signed according to DRFC twitter feed

Good signing. One i am pleased at! We need a lot more though before we can look ahead... They need time to gel too.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 9 Aug - 8:19:44

Got to agree with donnyrovers totally ............this situation is crazy.

Our decent and forgiving supporters don't deserve the kicking we are currently getting. Sad

DRFC = Destitute Relegation Fodder Candidates.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 9 Aug - 20:01:35

pkt_drfc wrote:Looks like Paul Quinh has signed according to DRFC twitter feed

Yep signs, now on DROS - *One year deal*

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 9 Aug - 20:23:56

Paul Quinn signs a 1 year deal

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 9 Aug - 21:00:40

Saunders on Quinn signing

I noted the following pearl...........

“He’s a seven out of ten player and he’s experienced, he knows the position,” Saunders said.........I bet Quinn is chomping at the bit with that glowing summation.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 9 Aug - 21:34:09

Upwind wrote:Saunders on Quinn signing

I noted the following pearl...........

“He’s a seven out of ten player and he’s experienced, he knows the position,” Saunders said.........I bet Quinn is chomping at the bit with that glowing summation.

Tbh, i think by that he means more 'consistant' and 'solid'. 7 out of 10 is good... Gives Quinny the motivation to go out and be better than a 7 too Wink
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 9 Aug - 21:42:11

donnyroversfc wrote:

Tbh, i think by that he means more 'consistant' and 'solid'. 7 out of 10 is good... Gives Quinny the motivation to go out and be better than a 7 too Wink
That may be - in which case I would have said "he's solid and consistent"?

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 9 Aug - 22:00:26

Upwind wrote:
That may be - in which case I would have said "he's solid and consistent"?

Yeah but then Paul Quinn might get the wrong end of the stick and think Dean Saunders is describing him as poo Wink
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 9 Aug - 22:55:02

if DS was going to do that he would not have signed him

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down