The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Coppinger...

+9
Filo
ravenrover
Dagenham Rover
dickos1
SkellowRover
NIGHTMARE
yorkie64red
the vicar
donnyroversfc
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jamie Coppinger... Empty Jamie Coppinger...

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 23 Aug - 7:20:00

So looks like he's off on loan then...

Well done.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Jamie Coppinger... Empty Re: Jamie Coppinger...

Post by the vicar Thu 23 Aug - 7:34:41

so where is this from

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 23 Aug - 7:46:07

Radio Sheffield.

Joining them on loan tomorrow, if you believe them.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Aug - 7:47:52

Not Hull though but the bloody Dingles.... affraid
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 23 Aug - 7:51:39

How many high earners need to leave? 2 or 3?

Also, how can Barnsley afford to pay his championship wages that he is on? Aren't they like super tight with their budget and pay L1 wages?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 23 Aug - 8:17:45

he must be the last one or could the other one be woods martin i mean

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 23 Aug - 8:23:52

He's been out too long for people to come in for him yet... I can definitely see Darren Ferguson coming back in for him though in January if he does as well as he can.

Coppinger being forced out is the worst thing our club have done this summer.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 23 Aug - 8:35:27

yes i agree mate he has been loyal to us we should be juat the same to him

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 23 Aug - 9:00:56

the vicar wrote:yes i agree mate he has been loyal to us we should be juat the same to him

Being loyal to players on big money could cost you your club, like wise players just sitting in the stands refusing to leave like at Portsmouth, Rovers need to off load Coppinger because his wage is crippling the club now they've lost fans and tv money and ffp means board members can't keep pumping money in, luckily for Rovers Coppinger is willing to leave the club instead of sitting tight and picking money up for nothing. it seems to me as a outsider looking in he'd like to stay where he is otherwise he'd be at Ipswich now, but understands he as to leave for the grater good of Doncaster Rovers, but he wants to stay in Yorkshire,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Thu 23 Aug - 10:06:52

NIGHTMARE wrote:

Being loyal to players on big money could cost you your club, like wise players just sitting in the stands refusing to leave like at Portsmouth, Rovers need to off load Coppinger because his wage is crippling the club now they've lost fans and tv money and ffp means board members can't keep pumping money in, luckily for Rovers Coppinger is willing to leave the club instead of sitting tight and picking money up for nothing. it seems to me as a outsider looking in he'd like to stay where he is otherwise he'd be at Ipswich now, but understands he as to leave for the grater good of Doncaster Rovers, but he wants to stay in Yorkshire,

Spot on nighty, the club aren't forcing Copps out at all, the club simply can not afford to keep Copps if they want to bring in anyone else, which we desperately need too. To be honest a loan move is great for both parties because at the end of the day he is still our player and we aren't paying him, so 'IF' by some miracle we do go back up then he'll be back in the hoops next season unless we receive an offer we can't turn down.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Thu 23 Aug - 18:32:22

He isn't been forced out. He wants to play in the championship, he said it himself. If we get Hume in and a goalie with his departure, that'll be good bit of business.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 23 Aug - 18:35:29

SkellowRover wrote:

Spot on nighty, the club aren't forcing Copps out at all, the club simply can not afford to keep Copps if they want to bring in anyone else, which we desperately need too. To be honest a loan move is great for both parties because at the end of the day he is still our player and we aren't paying him, so 'IF' by some miracle we do go back up then he'll be back in the hoops next season unless we receive an offer we can't turn down.

I think Nighty and Skellows post sum the situation up, tbh I never expected us to hang on to him this long
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 23 Aug - 19:07:37

the vicar wrote: he must be the last one or could the other one be woods martin i mean

I just hope its not Spurr...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 23 Aug - 22:58:17

Rumour has it that he's turned them down... Maybe he saw my tweet yesterday saying that i'd commit suicide if he leaves us for Barnsley?

HE LOVE ME AS MUCH AS I LOVE HIM!!
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 24 Aug - 1:33:31

donnyroversfc wrote:Rumour has it that he's turned them down... Maybe he saw my tweet yesterday saying that i'd commit suicide if he leaves us for Barnsley?

HE LOVE ME AS MUCH AS I LOVE HIM!!

Hmmnn not so sure about that one Laughing

I tend to think the thought of surgery to attach the extra fingers and toes was more likely to put him off
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 24 Aug - 1:40:53

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Hmmnn not so sure about that one Laughing

I tend to think the thought of surgery to attach the extra fingers and toes was more likely to put him off

So he doesn't love me??!? Sad Sad Sad
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 24 Aug - 3:02:53

donnyroversfc wrote:

So he doesn't love me??!? Sad Sad Sad

I'm sure he does... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 24 Aug - 3:14:42

yorkie64red wrote:

I'm sure he does... Smile

cheers cheers Smile
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 24 Aug - 4:30:29

he's not willing to take a wage cut, can't want Championship football that much can he,
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 24 Aug - 4:39:45

NIGHTMARE wrote:he's not willing to take a wage cut, can't want Championship football that much can he,

No, he's not wanting a 2-month loan deal to Barnsley... And i don't blame him. He'll still be a Championship player by the time this summers transfer window slams shut.

Dean Saunders has confirmed the deal to Barnsley broke down because of Coppinger... Anyone else just a bit concerned that we seem willing to allow him to leave on a 2 month loan? It's not exactly getting his wages off the bill, a short term loan. Fall out?

Our club should NOT entertain any sort of loan move for Coppinger. He leaves permanently (i'll be guttered) or not at all.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 24 Aug - 6:07:05

NIGHTMARE wrote:he's not willing to take a wage cut, can't want Championship football that much can he,

How would he be taking a wage cut? He's still under contract here so would be still getting the same wage.
Anyhow he's not even spoken to Barnsley

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Fri 24 Aug - 6:08:07

I wondered what this loan deal was all about but having found out today that Barnsley were talking about a 2 month loan there was never a chance of Copps agreeing to that and can't really seeing DRFC readily agreeing with it either. But I agree with a previous post he will be in The Championship come September JMHO
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 24 Aug - 6:28:37

dickos1 wrote:

How would he be taking a wage cut? He's still under contract here so would be still getting the same wage.
Anyhow he's not even spoken to Barnsley

unless he agreed to a wage cut, to get football
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Fri 24 Aug - 6:44:27

Why would he want to embroil himself in another relegation battle?

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Fri 24 Aug - 6:54:51

Filo wrote:Why would he want to embroil himself in another relegation battle?

They say relegation battles can be as addicting as smack... Maybe he's hooked?!? Laughing
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next