The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bit quiet on the transfer front...

+3
dickos1
Dagenham Rover
donnyroversfc
7 posters

Go down

Bit quiet on the transfer front... Empty Bit quiet on the transfer front...

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 30 Aug - 8:21:46

Well with the transfer deadline drawing ever closer, we've stopped getting linked with players! Anyone got any rumours? I'll literally accept any rumour right now as plausible Laughing

Fabien Robert talk has dried up... Weaver seems to have disappeared off this planet... No RB's being linked... No pacy centre back being linked... Hume talk dried up.

Walcott is now staying with Arsenal, so we can rule him out! Maybe we should try and swoop in on Blackburns move for Jordan Rhodes? lol!

1x GK
1x RB
1x CB (pace flavour)
1x ST (with added goals)
This will go on my shopping list when i next go asda cheers
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Bit quiet on the transfer front... Empty Re: Bit quiet on the transfer front...

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 30 Aug - 8:40:22

If nothing happens by Friday looks like its a few loans...............yep thats a bit of rocket science Shocked

the sort of rumour seems to be if Copps goes people will be coming in on contracts, and if he stays the same people will be coming on a 3 month loan which would basically take it to the January transfer window
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 30 Aug - 8:42:45

Dagenham Rover wrote:If nothing happens by Friday looks like its a few loans...............yep thats a bit of rocket science Shocked

the sort of rumour seems to be if Copps goes people will be coming in on contracts, and if he stays the same people will be coming on a 3 month loan which would basically take it to the January transfer window

Hmmm, i want Coppinger to stay but i also want mainly permanent transfers Sad

Do we only have 15 outfield players?! Some are injury prone and/or old aswell Shocked

Sorry if i am being perceived as 'negative'...
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Thu 30 Aug - 9:25:39

Loan signings will be fine especially if they are long term, some of our better recent signings have been loans.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 30 Aug - 11:40:41

dickos1 wrote:Loan signings will be fine especially if they are long term, some of our better recent signings have been loans.

Could do with some permanent building though... We've signed a couple that more than likely will either not be here and/or not feature as much next season, in McCombe, Blake and Jones... we'll just end up having to get even more next summer if we don't get them now. Couple of loan signings would be welcome also, mind.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Thu 30 Aug - 14:54:39

Mccombe is 29 why wouldn't he be featuring much next year? I can see him and jones being the partnership for the next few years. Especially if we stay in this division.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 30 Aug - 19:53:03

Neither have any pace, so i genuinly can't see them being regular 1st choice next season (unless we are in league 1)... Getting one on loan, only delays us signing one even further and will give us even more to do next summer (we haven't even done enough this window).
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Thu 30 Aug - 21:16:39

We will be in league 2 won't we?
At min were conceding average of goal a game which is much better than our recent past

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Thu 30 Aug - 21:20:41

To say they don't "have any pace" they haven't done too bad in all the games I've been to, they haven't really been skinned all game by anyone. If you know how to play your position then you can eliminate the need for pace MOST of the time, that's when you have to rely on others around you.
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 30 Aug - 21:24:57

I'd totally agree - John Terry is evidence that you can be slow (both in pace and mentality) and still make it at the highest level.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 30 Aug - 21:25:50

ravenrover wrote:To say they don't "have any pace" they haven't done too bad in all the games I've been to, they haven't really been skinned all game by anyone. If you know how to play your position then you can eliminate the need for pace MOST of the time, that's when you have to rely on others around you.

I'm going on what was said by Huddersfield and Wendy fans (both sets of supporters said they are solid, but slow and would need pace at the side of them)... I went to the Crawley match and thought they were solid (Jones was superb) but also quite a few times they got left behind and had to rush back to recover, i wouldn't be so confident with that all season, and we'll get punished by better sides (and i thought Crawley were very poor).

I think DS has done well to get a 'solid' and 'experienced' defence for this season, but i also think he needs different options (ie pace) for when the going gets tougher.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 30 Aug - 21:27:17

Upwind wrote:I'd totally agree - John Terry is evidence that you can be slow (both in pace and mentality) and still make it at the highest level.

True, i'm not saying you can't... Terry has lost even more pace though and struggled for long spells until Gary Cahill (who has a bit of pace about him) joined him.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 30 Aug - 22:10:17

Has it been mentioned Paul Goodwin has tweeted funds have been released to bring one more player in Copps might stay as they are now under budget
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 30 Aug - 22:12:11

pkt_drfc wrote:Has it been mentioned Paul Goodwin has tweeted funds have been released to bring one more player in Copps might stay as they are now under budget

Yeah saw that on twitter... Better late than never Smile

Weaver and Hume rumours will no doubt pick up pace again now. When does the loan window open?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 30 Aug - 22:14:38

Goodwin also said board impressed with start to season and have released funds

Yet wasn't it said only on Saturday that we were still £1M over budget?

Suspect the truth wouldn't be known if it jumped up and whacked them in the face
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 30 Aug - 22:38:02

Iain Hume would be a good signing, only thing that worries me is he hasn't had a pre-season or been ivolved in any matches.

He'll get goals at this level when fully match fit.

I hope it's more than 1 that is joining.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down