The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

king BILLY

+7
SPROTYROVER
donnyroversfc
SkellowRover
yorkie64red
VixDRFC
Dagenham Rover
the vicar
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

king BILLY  Empty king BILLY

Post by the vicar Sat 1 Sep - 7:44:36

signs for Forest season long loan

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

king BILLY  Empty Re: king BILLY

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 1 Sep - 8:07:25

Perhaps him or his Missis didn't settle down there
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 1 Sep - 8:42:36

I think it was the bat that forced him out lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 1 Sep - 8:55:57

Good luck to him...hope it works out well for him..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 1 Sep - 9:39:08

Coming from a mining community and seeing everything that happened in the 80's on my doorstep and also having a friend who was so badly beaten by the police at Orgreave in the strike that a TV documentary was made about it, i would just like to say.......

HOW COULD HE JOIN THOSE SCABBING BASTARDS?????!!!!!!!!!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 1 Sep - 21:24:44

SkellowRover wrote:Coming from a mining community and seeing everything that happened in the 80's on my doorstep and also having a friend who was so badly beaten by the police at Orgreave in the strike that a TV documentary was made about it, i would just like to say.......

HOW COULD HE JOIN THOSE SCABBING BASTARDS?????!!!!!!!!!

Erm, maybe because the world has moved on? Maybe becasue it's for the good of his career?

Of all Forest's staff, players and fans... How many are actually 'scabs'?

I despair. I really do.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 1 Sep - 21:43:29

I have a deep dislike for anything notts, i guess you had to be there to see them fold like a pack of cards and surrender to maggie easier then the french did to the germans, which in turn was the catalyst for over 20 years off high unemployment and degeneration in communities all over the district.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 1 Sep - 21:49:46

SkellowRover wrote:I have a deep dislike for anything notts, i guess you had to be there to see them fold like a pack of cards and surrender to maggie easier then the french did to the germans, which in turn was the catalyst for over 20 years off high unemployment and degeneration in communities all over the district.

I don't see how you can hate the football club though, and be angry at an ex player going there just because of that though... It's hardly their clubs fault.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 1 Sep - 22:29:49

I hate Nottinghamshire full stop :p lol.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 2 Sep - 9:45:33

How unbearable was that forest match on the highlight show?

Gu on SO'D lad!!! Gu on Billy lad!!! Gu on Gillett lad!!! Gu on Copps lad!!!
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 2 Sep - 9:59:53

To be honest i think they will probably win the Championship this season. Just shows what SoD can do with some financial backing. Our board were one of, if not the richest board in the championship, but they were quite happy to just plod along the KM2 kept their hands in their pockets apart from the occasional instance of throwing what was to them 'pocket change' at the club. After our first season in the 2nd tier they should have invested to push on, instead we sold our best 2 players and it's been all downhill since.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SPROTYROVER Sun 2 Sep - 20:18:05

SkellowRover wrote:To be honest i think they will probably win the Championship this season. Just shows what SoD can do with some financial backing. Our board were one of, if not the richest board in the championship, but they were quite happy to just plod along the KM2 kept their hands in their pockets apart from the occasional instance of throwing what was to them 'pocket change' at the club. After our first season in the 2nd tier they should have invested to push on, instead we sold our best 2 players and it's been all downhill since.

I wouldnt be too hasty to condem the KM 2 maybe they bought in expecting JR to re invest the £3.5 plus million they paid him for their shares,and maybe JR didnt do that but pocketed his windfall, It is common knowledge that they put in the same amonut of money as JR does. Cool

(This version cam from somebody who was very close to the club at the time)

SPROTYROVER
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 3 Sep - 2:12:53

They were far from the richest board in the championship, but even if they were that's is their personal money it doesn't mean the club is rich.
Southampton, west ham, Cardiff, Ipswich, Leicester, Bristol city, there are lots of boards with much more money and the difference is they have the resources to speculate, ie the crowds and general support

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 3 Sep - 2:29:38

dickos1 wrote:They were far from the richest board in the championship, but even if they were that's is their personal money it doesn't mean the club is rich.
Southampton, west ham, Cardiff, Ipswich, Leicester, Bristol city, there are lots of boards with much more money and the difference is they have the resources to speculate, ie the crowds and general support

Kinda contradicts your point on forest then yes? Forest shouldn't be going up this season.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 3 Sep - 2:40:18

Why does it?? Forest hadn't been taken over last year when we were in the championship, hence the reason why I included west ham and Southampton.
Skellow said our board were one of the richest if not the richest, in the championship, we're not in the championship now, remember.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 3 Sep - 2:47:39

dickos1 wrote:Why does it?? Forest hadn't been taken over last year when we were in the championship, hence the reason why I included west ham and Southampton.
Skellow said our board were one of the richest if not the richest, in the championship, we're not in the championship now, remember.

But you don't know how rich the forest board is... You said with the money SO'D has spent, they should go up... You gunna admit that is not the case?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 3 Sep - 3:29:30

donnyroversfc wrote:

But you don't know how rich the forest board is... You said with the money SO'D has spent, they should go up... You gunna admit that is not the case?

Of course he's NOT, he only sees things from his own angle, I need some of the drugs he's taking!! Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 3 Sep - 4:16:17

They are billionaires and seeing As there's only around 1200 billionaires in the world i reckon they're rich don't you?
Sod has spent a lot of money and they're going to spend big again in jan, not sure what your point is?

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 3 Sep - 4:19:49

dickos1 wrote:They are billionaires and seeing As there's only around 1200 billionaires in the world i reckon they're rich don't you?
Sod has spent a lot of money and they're going to spend big again in jan, not sure what your point is?

When you look at transfer money IN, and transfer money OUT (for all teams)... Forest are about the 6th hghest spenders... Net spend of just over £2.5M... Not promotion money if you look at what others have spent.

donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 3 Sep - 4:26:12

Forest have spent very little and yes we do have some very rich shareholders dickos.........numpty. Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 3 Sep - 4:34:35

Very little?? Numpty!!
Who said we didn't have rich shareholders????? Certainly not the richest in the championship. Numpty!!
They've brought in 10/11 players most on premiership wages, most of the incoming money came from one sale before cotterill left

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 3 Sep - 6:26:17

dickos1 wrote:Very little?? Numpty!!
Who said we didn't have rich shareholders????? Certainly not the richest in the championship. Numpty!!
They've brought in 10/11 players most on premiership wages, most of the incoming money came from one sale before cotterill left

Now I know you are a 1st. class plonker. It's scary where you get these weird ideas from ? affraid

lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 3 Sep - 6:53:17

Why? Nothing there is an idea just factual information
We didnt have the richest board in the championship.. Fact
Forest got all their incoming revenue from one player.. Fact
Forest have signed 10-11 players most on premiership wages... Fact

Where are the daft ideas???

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Mon 3 Sep - 7:50:47

dunt matter how rich they are they arent spending it on rovers or copps would still be here

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Mon 3 Sep - 7:52:55

dickos1 wrote:Why? Nothing there is an idea just factual information
We didnt have the richest board in the championship.. Fact
Forest got all their incoming revenue from one player.. Fact
Forest have signed 10-11 players most on premiership wages... Fact

Where are the daft ideas???

The net spend of money they have spent is not 'promotion money'.. Fact
donnyroversfc