The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bates out

4 posters

Go down

Bates out Empty Bates out

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 18 Sep - 7:08:19

This is a message for all Leeds United fans.

Leeds United has a great history: Our golden period of the late 1960-1970's, Wilko's unforgettable success, European adventures at the turn of the century.
If you dream of, once again, watching a Leeds United team to be proud of, walking out in front of a full-to-capacity roaring Elland Road crowd, read on...
Our great history can never be taken away from us, but a great future is in severe doubt under the current regime. So if you want to take positive steps in securing our future, now is the time for your voice to be heard...

The 'protest' will take place at our next home game (Hull City 18.9.12).

Ken Bates will be in attendance. If you have enough pride in your team's colours to say that the present owners are not good enough for Leeds United in 2012ad, then take some positive action and join us at Billy's Statue 7pm. Inside the ground, protests about Bates and support for the team will take place in the South Stand (specifically areas FA2 and SS2).

Why are fans protesting?

Far too much has been discussed to cover this topic in a few short sentences. Most succinctly - Years of mismanagement under Bates sees the Leeds United spend its 9th season outside of Englands top tier. Despite paying paying the highest prices in The Championship, the loyalty of Leeds United's fans is rewarded only by the constant and repeated sale of our young talent, season after season of under-investment in the playing squad. Failed promises to repurchase Thorp Arch and secure our club's future. A chairman whose primary concerns are wasting millions on failed legal disputes, for the sole aim of settling personal vendettas.

Positive Protest?

For every chant demanding change at boardroom level, there'll be a support for Warnock and the boys.

As well as a desire for change at boardroom level, the protestors have more positive ambitions. We will pay tribute to the excellent start to the season the players have had, thanking, most important of all to that success, our manager, Neil Warnock. In very difficult circumstances, and despite false promises from Mr Bates, our manager is doing an excellent job.

Who's taking part?

It is the duty of ALL Leeds United fans to take part in this protest. Whether you have previously protested against Bates, or not. Whether you're a member of LUST, LUSC, regional members clubs or any other affiliated organisation, or none members. All are needed and all are welcome. Now is the time to stand together and UNITE. Together we are stronger, and I hope nobody reading this let's apathy take hold. It's OUR club and it's time to take a stand.

Any questions?

What if I'm currently boycotting Leeds United's home matches (no more dough, to Monaco)?
Then join us, to point out even more vociferously, how, every single empty seat inside Elland Road is a fan disenfranchised by Bates's mismanagement, frustrated by lack of success on the field or priced out of attending regularly by some of the highest Season Ticket and Matchday prices in the country.

What if my Season Ticket is in another part of the ground?
It's free to move if you can convince a friend to join you (we all know someone who simply doesn't attend any more). Or, seats can be transferred for £5.

What about the suggestion that protesting inside the ground could damage the club/team?
No doubt, Mr Chairman, in his next programme notes will dismiss protestors as a 'small minority' who want to cause trouble for no good reason. This is not the case and would urgently suggest that anyone who takes the words of Ken Bates at face value to look more deeply into his tactics. Blind ignorance to what's going on at our club is no longer an excuse. The stakes are too high.
[i]
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Bates out Empty Re: Bates out

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 Sep - 7:29:16

Seems to me that the best form of protest is a complete boycott. The only way to hit Bates is in his pocket...............good luck .
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 18 Sep - 7:34:36

1000's are, I thought I could do it but nah

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 Sep - 7:37:21

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:1000's are, I thought I could do it but nah

They only have to do it a couple of times and he will have to take action. Bates is all about money and that's the only way to hit him!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 18 Sep - 8:35:21

hoolahoop wrote:

They only have to do it a couple of times and he will have to take action. Bates is all about money and that's the only way to hit him!

Everton crowd looks like it's going to be a shocker and that's with 6,000 Everton there anorl.
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 18 Sep - 9:51:09

hoolahoop wrote:

That sums him up
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 18 Sep - 21:14:47

Bates out Applaud

Bates out 327941238
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Fri 21 Sep - 0:21:26

Bates out 8005920314_43ee7c9044
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by peacock Sat 22 Sep - 5:51:37

do u think bates is bothersd wat leeds morons say----his words---he is determined to put leeds on its knees
in the prosess e still makes money---from you fans i am disabled now but glad i dont go anymore ---i miss it but pleased i give him fook all the bastard
stay away from a few games----then u give him fook all
may he di in agony the cockney dog shite

peacock
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down