The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers V Stevenage

+5
hoolahoop
pkt_drfc
Upwind
SkellowRover
donnyroversfc
9 posters

Go down

Rovers V Stevenage Empty Rovers V Stevenage

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 20 Sep - 1:29:13

Next up at the keepmoat then it's Stevenage Boro'... On form at the minute, but given that we are at home i'd expect a win here! Could do with a 'good performance' too. Show that we aren't just defensive sloggers who can't put in some decent passing football.

So then, do we change it or stick with the same line-up? Maybe Saunders wont have a choice... I hate 442 so hopefully he sticks with 3 in the middle, maybe Harper in for Woods?

EDIT: changed the thread title... Only just spotted that i'd put 'sewerage' instead of Stevenage lol! don't know how i managed that!

Last edited by donnyroversfc on Thu 20 Sep - 2:05:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thread title.)
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Rovers V Stevenage Empty Re: Rovers V Stevenage

Post by SkellowRover Thu 20 Sep - 2:17:47

Can't make the game on Saturday as i'm at a charity 'fish-in' this weekend, so i'll be listening on my mobile using rovers player.
Going to be a tough game because they seem to have picked up from where they left off last season and will be difficult to break down. 0-0 or 1-1 for me.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 20 Sep - 2:54:19

3-1 win i'm going for.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 21 Sep - 2:22:45

I'm hopeful of Donny win here. Stevenage have only played one team in the top half of the table (from seven games), whereas Rovers have played four (from 6 games).

I'm going to go for a 2:0 win.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 21 Sep - 2:56:36

I am going for a 4-1 Win Hume Hatrick and jones header
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 21 Sep - 9:14:02

2-1 Rovers unfortunately working this weekend.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 21 Sep - 9:15:33

2-2

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Fri 21 Sep - 23:40:21

It will be difficuit game but I think Donny will win 2 - 0
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 23 Sep - 2:06:30

Sounds like we started shite, played a lot of hoofball and tactically were not in the game, but have been ther better team for the last 10 minutes of the first half according to player. They weren't sure if our dissalowed goal was offside or not but going on what others are saying it should have stood.

Is that all right?
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Sun 23 Sep - 3:35:28

C'mon Skellow I'm sure you know more than you are letting on there, who are these others name your sources Smile
I'm down in Cornwall at the moment no phone signal but at least a wifi connection. So to no-one in artyicular Was the game much cop? did we deserve anything better than a point. How did we perform in general?
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 23 Sep - 3:36:29

Don't know about the offside goal it was up the other end, generally crap till we scored, Bennett could have done with being on the bench and Husband starting instead.

Some Stevenage players were very good at looking at a Rovers player and falling over, the ref a tosspot
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 23 Sep - 3:41:23

Just seen a post on the vsc that said Rob Jones was presented with the motm award in the lounge and said they had seen the video of the dissallowed goal and it was good and 3 yards onside
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 23 Sep - 3:52:49

Yep all in all Shite until we scored well until Hume and Husband came on i would also Bench Bennett needs taking down a peg or 2 it's like he could not give 2 F**KS .
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 23 Sep - 4:57:12

That's worrying Pete , we need Bennett to come through for us this season............much like the 'lost' Baxendale is doing elsewhere.
Losing Baxendale was imo a major error. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 23 Sep - 5:57:19

Well listening on player it seermed a poor first half until the last 10 minutes but much better in the second and in control after all 3 substitutions had been made.
I hope Saunders has now learned the lesson he should have after the Hull match and get Harper & Husband in the starting lineup, because it has been so obvious since what we have been missing.
Sounded as though Jones & Browny had stormers but Bennett piss poor again, ever since this bentley business!!!!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 23 Sep - 7:10:16

Bennett needs dropping from the starting 11 and be made to prove he can hold down a ist. team position. I would use him as a super-sub to run at teams with tired legs........give him 20 mins until he can prove he's worth 90 mins.
To say I'm disappointed in him is an understatement, the lad has too learn quickly or he will mess up his future. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Sun 23 Sep - 21:37:53

The problem there Hoola is that he should be running at defenders now from the 1st whistle. I can't see him being a super sub because I can't see him doing as a sub what he should be doing now! He has so much talent and pace but just doesn't seem bothered, perhaps his head has been turned after the alleged last minute bid for him, reckon he will be gone in January, at the moment he looks like a lost little boy.
As Skellow said Harper and Hulme/Husband in Kyle and Woods M on the bench for me
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 24 Sep - 4:49:43

ravenrover wrote:The problem there Hoola is that he should be running at defenders now from the 1st whistle. I can't see him being a super sub because I can't see him doing as a sub what he should be doing now! He has so much talent and pace but just doesn't seem bothered, perhaps his head has been turned after the alleged last minute bid for him, reckon he will be gone in January, at the moment he looks like a lost little boy.
As Skellow said Harper and Hulme/Husband in Kyle and Woods M on the bench for me

'Head turned or not' , we pay his wages and he won't get that ''dream'' move unless he performs and shows he can be an effective member of the team. N0-one wants him to fail (least of all me) but he must be knocked down and rebuilt stronger than before and that starts with him being left out of the team.
I read somewhere that the team looks tired (VSC post)........Jeez remind me how many games they have played in the last 3 weeks. scratch scratch scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Wed 26 Sep - 0:05:21

Same posts here that what in my thoughts too and I dont like Donny play long ball game and not much pass in 1st half but 2nd half play little better and I am impressed with keeper Gary Woods. Iain Hume gave ball to Stevenage player is too sort and I am disappointed with referee show yellow card Shocked
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 26 Sep - 4:12:44

At least we're in agreement Askern. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content