The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Chuffed with todays result.

+4
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
Dan_the_Owl
MR NEGATIVE
8 posters

Go down

Well Chuffed with todays result. Empty Well Chuffed with todays result.

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 22 Nov - 8:01:08

I went to this game and to be honest once the game kicked off i had my hands on my head because i lost all my confidence. In the first 25 miniutes i thought our defence looked very dodgy and i couldnt wait for sods magic talk as imo the defence looked far too nervous. We gave the ball away two many times and no disrespect but Fortune gave away to many fouls and that was annoying but to be fair to the lad he only got better as the game went on. The Half-time whistle went and i knew we needed to improve if we were going to get the points.
In the second half we kicked off and looked slightly better but still worrying at the back,i was praying for Shackell to come on just before Sharp scored. They tried getting back into it but they lacked the final cutting edge,We then upped our game,and it didnt take long for sheils to get on the score sheet with a great finish even though it took a big deflection. What a player he is turning into. Rovers should have had a penalty late on after a blatant hand ball but the ref somehow never spotted it. Rovers came close to a third when Sharp came so close but then the ball fell to Coppinger only for the keeper to make a ggreat save to deny us a third. Then there was the 42 passes where the rovers just didnt let them get a touch,we knocked the ball around the field really well and we were unlucky not to hammer them. The first half was boring and i nearly fell asleep but boy did the second half keep me awake.
Rovers will and should take a lot of credit for this result as they were a class above imo. I have never been so proud of my team so lets keep this up and get a few more points on the board and then we will be looking down at all the others. I think we will stay up easy and i do belive this is the start of some very good result. Oh and it can only get better with a lot of our key players returning shortly. We are more than a match for any team.

Well done rovers. Well Chuffed with todays result. Icon_cheers
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Well Chuffed with todays result. Empty Re: Well Chuffed with todays result.

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sun 22 Nov - 9:59:30

Great result for you guys against a side playing very well indeed. Enjoy your night. Cool
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 22 Nov - 22:58:16

I bet your dreading coming to the keepmoat...
We seem to perform really well against the big teams for some reason.
r.t.i.d
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 23 Nov - 2:10:07

roversboy4lyf wrote:I bet your dreading coming to the keepmoat...
We seem to perform really well against the big teams for some reason.
r.t.i.d

Yes we do Jack but its Wednesday we will be playing.. Well Chuffed with todays result. Lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 23 Nov - 3:04:39

I agree Bri i would put sheff utd before sheff wed in the big team pile lol! lol! lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 23 Nov - 3:11:06

pkt_drfc wrote:I agree Bri i would put sheff utd before sheff wed in the big team pile Well Chuffed with todays result. Lol Well Chuffed with todays result. Lol Well Chuffed with todays result. Lol

careful Pete, you will start getting Hate emails from the Wednesday contingent... Well Chuffed with todays result. Lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 23 Nov - 3:13:34

yorkie64red wrote:

careful Pete, you will start getting Hate emails from the Wednesday contingent... Well Chuffed with todays result. Lol

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 23 Nov - 3:40:31

The truth is out there, the Blades are currently the richest of the two Sheffield clubs, like Rovers they are being prudent with money, but they are comfortable, wheras Wednesday are struggling for funds and in a far worse position than Rovers. I would not be surprised if they end up losing several players in January simply because they need to balance their books, and it could leave them in trouble on the field as well.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Mon 23 Nov - 3:48:46

Theree chairman said if the crowds was not as high as they had budgeted for then players would have to go. That was on radio Sheff. So the rumour about Billy is just that. Billy will end up a Rover.

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 23 Nov - 3:58:31

East Yorks Rover wrote:The truth is out there, the Blades are currently the richest of the two Sheffield clubs, like Rovers they are being prudent with money, but they are comfortable, wheras Wednesday are struggling for funds and in a far worse position than Rovers. I would not be surprised if they end up losing several players in January simply because they need to balance their books, and it could leave them in trouble on the field as well.

Lets hope so Well Chuffed with todays result. Lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 23 Nov - 3:59:26

Red Wizard wrote:Theree chairman said if the crowds was not as high as they had budgeted for then players would have to go. That was on radio Sheff. So the rumour about Billy is just that. Billy will end up a Rover.

Lets hope so... Well Chuffed with todays result. Icon_cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 23 Nov - 7:22:40

yorkie64red wrote:

Lets hope so... Well Chuffed with todays result. Icon_cheers

Whilst both clubs are biggish 'city' clubs neither ever could be described as modern day giants could they? .....................discuss.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 23 Nov - 7:27:39

Utd are bigger then Wednesday but that is just a local thing, in the grand scheme of things neither of them really set the footballing world on fire.... Well Chuffed with todays result. Icon_neutral
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 23 Nov - 7:37:44

yorkie64red wrote:Utd are bigger then Wednesday but that is just a local thing, in the grand scheme of things neither of them really set the footballing world on fire.... Well Chuffed with todays result. Icon_neutral

Historically I would disagree massively, the Wendies have until the last 6/7 years been the bigger of the 2 clubs surely. Financially that is a different matter. Neutral
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 23 Nov - 22:39:36

pkt_drfc wrote:I agree Bri i would put sheff utd before sheff wed in the big team pile lol! lol! lol!

I would disagree with that. Them fetching a taxi half full of fans to Barnsley the other week clarified it for me. I foooking hate Wednesday...but no matter what league, what cup, what time or date. They would fetch more that 1.5k to our place

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 23 Nov - 23:28:30

Dale BFC wrote:

I would disagree with that. Them fetching a taxi half full of fans to Barnsley the other week clarified it for me. I foooking hate Wednesday...but no matter what league, what cup, what time or date. They would fetch more that 1.5k to our place

R+R

Got to agree there with you Dale i was watching that game with hoola and we both comented on the support seemed alot of your own fans did not turn up that night usual case when a game is on sky
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 23 Nov - 23:29:40

Nahhh, we normally get between 11 - 14k home fans

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 24 Nov - 7:23:32

Dale BFC wrote:Nahhh, we normally get between 11 - 14k home fans

R+R

Have to agree with you Dale, although that was your usual level of home support, like pkt. I did expect a few more in the home end.
However the Blades support (if you can call it that) was an absolute disgrace for a supposedly 'big' city team..........faint hearts or what!!
The fact that the match was on Sky shouldn't ever matter to a proper supporter, just more reason to be there. Finally the worst 'away' support relative to the size of the club, city and status I have ever seen is the pathetic support of Birmingham City. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down