The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fowler Signed

+7
Dagenham Rover
donnyroversfc
SPROTYROVER
SkellowRover
Askern Rovers
hoolahoop
pkt_drfc
11 posters

Go down

Fowler Signed Empty Fowler Signed

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 4 Jan - 23:05:44

No not Robbie but Lee fowler Don't know anything about him apart from he is Welsh

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/lee-fowler-578093.aspx
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Fowler Signed Empty Re: Fowler Signed

Post by hoolahoop Fri 4 Jan - 23:23:22

Midfielder seems he is out of favour with new manager but DS worked with him before at Wrexham oh and he has a Welsh U21 cap and does/did like his drink!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Sat 5 Jan - 1:03:03

I dont know anything about Lee Fowler but if Dean Saunders believe in him and that good enough for me. I dont believe in rumours but it mean rule out Richie Wellens rumour?
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 5 Jan - 5:32:08

Well Dean Saunders was slowly winning me over, but this takes the piss. I was really looking forward to some quality signings in this transfer window for our promotion push, afterall we have been told by the 'owners' how more money has been made available for players. So to start things of what do we get? An alcohilic non-league nomad who has signed for clubs 14 times in a 13 year career. The guy wont be on as much as Clingan was so is Saunders going to use some of this supposed extra money that has been made available to sign players of quality? afterall we are in desperate need of a striker at the moment.
Very disappointed and underwhelned with this signing.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SPROTYROVER Sat 5 Jan - 6:28:35

SkellowRover wrote:Well Dean Saunders was slowly winning me over, but this takes the piss. I was really looking forward to some quality signings in this transfer window for our promotion push, afterall we have been told by the 'owners' how more money has been made available for players. So to start things of what do we get? An alcohilic non-league nomad who has signed for clubs 14 times in a 13 year career. The guy wont be on as much as Clingan was so is Saunders going to use some of this supposed extra money that has been made available to sign players of quality? afterall we are in desperate need of a striker at the moment.
Very disappointed and underwhelned with this signing.
Probs cost us 5/6k and will be on less than a grand a week,doubt he will ever play in a first team game

SPROTYROVER
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 5 Jan - 6:31:00

I will be surprised if he is going to be a big part in our team I think he will be just to Make the numbers up on the bench.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 5 Jan - 7:11:17

Come on, be fair Skellow! If this one (probably very cheap) signing is enough to turn you back on the side of 'Anti-DS' then i suggest you probably wasn't coming round to him in the first place!

It is an underwhelming signing though... He reminds me of Gary Roberts. Every manager thought they could change him... They couldn't.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 5 Jan - 7:14:15

pkt_drfc wrote:I will be surprised if he is going to be a big part in our team I think he will be just to Make the numbers up on the bench.

This is what i don't get Pete, he hasn't even been good enough to warm a L2 clubs bench and make the numbers up so why the hell is he doing it for us? This fella is an alcohilic who has plyed his trade in the non-league for 7 years!!!!
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 5 Jan - 7:48:21

SkellowRover wrote:

This is what i don't get Pete, he hasn't even been good enough to warm a L2 clubs bench and make the numbers up so why the hell is he doing it for us? This fella is an alcohilic who has plyed his trade in the non-league for 7 years!!!!

Early days let's see what happens yet. I'm sure there are a couple of signings to come at least.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 5 Jan - 7:51:24

But he has worked with DS at Wrexham so he knows what hes capable of, although its a permanant signing its only a 6 month contract so that suggests a very small fee and DS is willing to give the lad a chance to prove himself before a contract extension.

Off the radar signing, probably low cost lets give him a chance.
Deano hasn't gone too far wrong yet
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Drover Sat 5 Jan - 11:50:43

1 = Michael Macindoe was a alcoholic before he joined us.

2 = Did you believe Syers would be such a good player that he has been when he signed for us?

I have to say,if anything,Deano has been very,very shrewd with the majority of signings he has made so far,so the least we can do is give him our backing and wait n see.He has only been given a contract to the end of the season too,so we are hardly going to make a bad loss on him are we,just like with Michael woods,who after a trial period was not good enough for Deano.No harm done in a short term trial is there?

RTID cheers
Drover
Drover
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 5 Jan - 19:05:14

Drover wrote:1 = Michael Macindoe was a alcoholic before he joined us.

2 = Did you believe Syers would be such a good player that he has been when he signed for us?

I have to say,if anything,Deano has been very,very shrewd with the majority of signings he has made so far,so the least we can do is give him our backing and wait n see.He has only been given a contract to the end of the season too,so we are hardly going to make a bad loss on him are we,just like with Michael woods,who after a trial period was not good enough for Deano.No harm done in a short term trial is there?

RTID cheers

All valid points ......keep the faith. RTID
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 5 Jan - 19:27:26

Suppose so I agree on other targets my sources have been very quiet this time so I can not throw anything into the mix. Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Sun 6 Jan - 6:40:13

Although it was only 20mins today have to say I didn't think he looked too bad. Let's give him and Mr Saunders a chance with this one.
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 6 Jan - 7:45:38

Never understood people judging a player before they've even kicked a ball for us, thought he did well today

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 6 Jan - 7:54:35

Weren't at the game as I was hanging about under a lampost waiting for Hoola to turn up lol! well actually I was at work!
but i said earlier give him a fair chance and it sounds like he did ok
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 6 Jan - 8:36:30

dickos1 wrote:Never understood people judging a player before they've even kicked a ball for us, thought he did well today

Going over the top there fella? Wouldn't go as far as 'he did well' as he hardly had time to show anything and it was against the worst side to visit the keepmoat in as long as i can remember.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 6 Jan - 8:44:21

SkellowRover wrote:

Going over the top there fella? Wouldn't go as far as 'he did well' as he hardly had time to show anything and it was against the worst side to visit the keepmoat in as long as i can remember.

Well I didn't think they were the worst. If they;d have had a half decent goal scorer we'd have been buggered

I thought he looked Ok
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 6 Jan - 8:52:24

VixDRFC wrote:

Well I didn't think they were the worst. If they;d have had a half decent goal scorer we'd have been buggered

I thought he looked Ok

20th in the league for a reason Vix, i thought they were awful and that fact they could have won with a decent striker shows how dire we were.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 6 Jan - 9:26:17

Scunthorpe were worse, sheff utd were worse only 4 days ago.
Credit to Colchester thought they did ok,
Anyhow we won, I'd settle for playing shit and winning every week as oppose to what happened on Tuesday

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 7 Jan - 5:25:15

dickos1 wrote:Scunthorpe were worse, sheff utd were worse only 4 days ago.
Credit to Colchester thought they did ok,
Anyhow we won, I'd settle for playing shit and winning every week as oppose to what happened on Tuesday

I agree with both dickos and Vix on this one, Colchester just looked a couple of players short. However we have seen alot worse including us at the KM this season. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down