The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELLLLLL

+3
SkellowRover
Dagenham Rover
ravenrover
7 posters

Go down

WELLLLLL Empty WELLLLLL

Post by ravenrover Sun 1 Dec - 7:20:40

that got the place rocking! Why can't they do that every week, the effort the commitment and not least just a touch of skill! It reminded me of the performance under SOD against the same team a few years back. OLE
How they picked a MoM I don't know there were several outstanding performances at the back and in midfield sadly the same couldn't be said for upfront, Both worked their socks off but there was little threat. The stats say it all about how we played, but how they worked the possession out on the BBC I have no idea, only 1 "shot" on goal if you could call it that says a lot about them Southern Charlies. And if the shot that cleared the North stand is included as "off target" well there are statistics and then there are......... just lies!
PD said the support was fantastic, well it's very simple give us something to shout about and we will shout!
Well done TLO

As a foot note though I thought the stupid booing of Joseph Barton wasn't necessary and I actually thought he had a very good game for them nothing spectacular, simple passing and available all the time. I did worry that Richard was out to exact retribution and end up with a second yellow! Did Joseph really have a feel at Richards Crown Jewels though? I'd like to see a replay of that incident.
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

WELLLLLL Empty Re: WELLLLLL

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 1 Dec - 9:27:34

And I was at bloody work!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 1 Dec - 21:41:52

We were great yesterday, however i did think QPR edged it in the first half. It's nice to see a display full of passion from us for a change but why can't we be like that every match?
Completely agree with RR regarding Barton, i thought he was a class act and in my opinion the best player on the pitch even though on the losing side.

P.S. Expect another SC approach before the new year transfer window opens, you heard it here first Wink
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 1 Dec - 21:57:41

best performance of the season for me

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Sun 1 Dec - 22:35:22

P.S. Expect another SC approach before the new year transfer window opens, you heard it here first
Successful or otherwise Skellow?
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 1 Dec - 23:46:48

ravenrover wrote:P.S. Expect another SC approach before the new year transfer window opens, you heard it here first
Successful or otherwise Skellow?
Well it was expected that SC would have taken control on Wednesday but TB backed out at the last minute, not been told why yet but will find out. And NO it wasn't because he thought SC would be bad for the club, due diligence has been done by TB & DW regarding who is behind SC, just because the VSC haven't been told which they feel that have a right to know when they don't doesn't mean SC are the devil in disguise.
SC wont go away as they are/will be the largest shareholders of the club anyway whether TB & DW decide to sell or not and will offer to buy them out again before the end of the year.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Mon 2 Dec - 0:23:10

How will they be the largest shareholder? Are we talking as a an "individual" as opposed to the combination of DW and TB? Surely TB and DW will be able to block any moves from SC whilst they still hold their shares?
What are they looking to get out of it though? Is it to strip the money from reaching The premiership and the parachute payments with nothing going back into the team or is there an opportunity for development somewhere on the KM site, I don't get it. And how much will be left for the so called investment in the team now that they have been talked into money up front for the shareholders, if they were reluctant to pay up front for the shares where are the 10s of millions for the team going to come from?
It all seems very strange to me, I can understand an individual wanting to buy a club and put money in but a Hedge Fund?
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Mon 2 Dec - 2:03:11

ravenrover wrote:How will they be the largest shareholder? Are we talking as a an "individual" as opposed to the combination of DW and TB? Surely TB and DW will be able to block any moves from SC whilst they still hold their shares?
What are they looking to get out of it though? Is it to strip the money from reaching The premiership and the parachute payments with nothing going back into the team or is there an opportunity for development somewhere on the KM site, I don't get it. And how much will be left for the so called investment in the team now that they have been talked into money up front for the shareholders, if they were reluctant to pay up front for the shares where are the 10s of millions for the team going to come from?
It all seems very strange to me, I can understand an individual wanting to buy a club and put money in but a Hedge Fund?
Individually they will be the largest sharholder as they will own more shares then TB & DW individually, but like you said TB & DW together can out vote them until SC gain control of the club.

Like i said due dillegence has been done and the people that need to know (Not the VSC) do know who is behind the SC bid, and there is not a problem in that at all with our current owners.

Can you imagine the income a premier league club with 5 star leisure and hotel facilities on site would bring in for owners as well as putting the town on the map? Look at Hull & Swansea, it's not long ago we were on a par with those clubs and now they are becoming established PL clubs with the right investment and development. You hear of horror stories like Pompey etc all the time and people seem to focus on these instead of the success stories in my opinion.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 2 Dec - 5:12:27

This all wouldn't surprise me in the least I really could not see them going away
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Mon 2 Dec - 7:40:10

So the development would be onto the KM Stadium?
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SPROTYROVER Thu 5 Dec - 0:40:41

If you recall what happened when we got relegated two years ago when businesses like the Crown hotel and Earl of Doncaster were bleating in the papers about each losing 200k in revenue from just the Champ teams staying.
You can see that there is money to be made in development provided we also go up and stay up.
So good luck to em! I just don't like all of the shenanigans of the last three months, and JR in particular has really gone down in my estimation.

SPROTYROVER
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Thu 5 Dec - 21:05:43

Recent negotiations have not provided enough detail to give us these assurances and as such we will continue under the current ownership to make Doncaster Rovers the club we know it can be.”
That statement doesn't say to me that the deal is dead, along with Phelan "we are here to help".
Keep the ears open Skellow Wink 
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 8 Dec - 19:29:53

SkellowRover wrote:Well it was expected that SC would have taken control on Wednesday but TB backed out at the last minute, not been told why yet but will find out. And NO it wasn't because he thought SC would be bad for the club, due diligence has been done by TB & DW regarding who is behind SC, just because the VSC haven't been told which they feel that have a right to know when they don't doesn't mean SC are the devil in disguise.
SC wont go away as they are/will be the largest shareholders of the club anyway whether TB & DW decide to sell or not and will offer to buy them out again before the end of the year.
Jon what is it with you and the VSC and btw SC will NOT be the biggest single shareholders. The info you get from Highfield is at best limited and at worse incorrect.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 8 Dec - 19:42:01

SkellowRover wrote:Individually they will be the largest sharholder as they will own more shares then TB & DW individually, but like you said TB & DW together can out vote them until SC gain control of the club.

Like i said due dillegence has been done and the people that need to know (Not the VSC) do know who is behind the SC bid, and there is not a problem in that at all with our current owners.

Can you imagine the income a premier league club with 5 star leisure and hotel facilities on site would bring in for owners as well as putting the town on the map? Look at Hull & Swansea, it's not long ago we were on a par with those clubs and now they are becoming established PL clubs with the right investment and development. You hear of horror stories like Pompey etc all the time and people seem to focus on these instead of the success stories in my opinion.
Jon you are peddling pipe dreams. Premiership football costs 10's of £ millions and is not guaranteed.
I will personally buy you a slap up dinner of your choice plus all you can drink if this deal goes through.
'Hedge' funds don't gamble in footy , they asset strip surely you must realise this .
Btw what is this fb campaign all about, it seems to have attracted every 'low life'scumbag to it.
I'm gobsmacked that you have decided to peddle your wares with the likes of Ghosh !!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 14 Dec - 11:12:45

hoolahoop wrote:
Jon what is it with you and the VSC and btw SC will NOT be the biggest single shareholders. The info you get from Highfield is at best limited and at worse incorrect.

I'm not getting any info from SH and of SC buy JR out they will indeed be the largets single shareholder. As for thr VSC, i have no problem with it as in priciple it is a good idea, however the fact is that change is needed within it if it is to do what it was created for. 300 odd members and declining is abysmall and they are powerless to prevent SC taking over if TB wishes to sell and the blame lies with the current directors of the trust for their ineptness in it's growth. The VSC would have a hell of a lot more clout and taken a lot more seriously if it had the backing of the majority of the fans instead of 5%. It's all well and good harping on about IRWT but it was set up to safeguard the future of the club not get bars and food stands named and in that it has failed.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 14 Dec - 11:20:35

hoolahoop wrote:
Jon you are peddling pipe dreams. Premiership football costs 10's of £ millions and is not guaranteed.
I will personally buy you a slap up dinner of your choice plus all you can drink if this deal goes through.
'Hedge' funds don't gamble in footy , they asset strip surely you must realise this .
Btw what is this fb campaign all about, it seems to have attracted every 'low life'scumbag to it.
I'm gobsmacked that you have decided to peddle your wares with the likes of Ghosh !!!

What Facebook campaign? And i'm not peddling my wares with anybody i am just voicing my opinion on the trusts failings especially what those failings are the very reason it was created for.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 15 Dec - 4:56:12

What you have to remember Jon we are not allowed our own opinions. Today shows we are F**ked people say yea but best team lost but who cares we was doing that last season where teams was all over us but we was pipping up with the important goals . Our squad is not strong enough I thought we would not go down this season but changed my mind now not just today's result but just lack of squad quality.

Last edited by pkt_drfc on Sun 15 Dec - 5:05:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelled wrong)
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sun 15 Dec - 5:04:10

We need investment Pete or we will go down. I tried to give an opinion on the VSC forums and was banned, apparently for being abusive when i wasn't. I asked for Bobjimwilly to PM me privately where i had been abusive and he declined, says it all.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 15 Dec - 5:07:39

I don't know many other football clubs if any that would turn down this money personally I still think it will happen but it will happen too late IMO. TB is not even interested in football he likes egg chasing.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum