The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes i went yesterday

+2
hoolahoop
Dale BFC
6 posters

Go down

Yes i went yesterday Empty Yes i went yesterday

Post by Dale BFC Mon 30 Nov - 0:14:45

Need i comment further? Probably not but im going to....

Read a few of your comments......The argyle players certainly not cheats...but played up to the conditions the best they could...tapping pass backs and then complaining that the water was holding it up (must have passed it back 10 times at least)

They were doing their best to get it called off....staff going as slow as they could to folk it...there was about 10 of them at it. I doubt they have many seats left near the back of the stand tbh. We had to be physically removed and it got nasty...i was foooking kicking off...ran straight to the front where robins was. Told us to all calm down.

Police man told me personally that it was abandoned in our favour....we were all waiting for confirmation while constantly trying to be removed byt thousands of stewards and police, and then the same bobby piped up about 20 minutes later and said look...its got to be replayed.

Sturrock is a tw@t and a coward....he will not allow anything other than another game to start at 0 - 0. By then he will be fecking sacked and we'll lose 1 - 0 on a cold night game in February. The game stinks and the rules have failed us. Would this have happened to man u or chelsea? Would it ballax.

GIVE US THE FECKING RESULT AND SHOW US THE GAME HAS A CONCIENCE. WE'VE BEEN FAILED ONCE ALREADY WITH THE HUME/MORGAN INCIDENT. DON'T LET US DOWN AGAIN

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Yes i went yesterday Empty Re: Yes i went yesterday

Post by hoolahoop Mon 30 Nov - 0:36:51

Dale BFC wrote:Need i comment further? Probably not but im going to....

Read a few of your comments......The argyle players certainly not cheats...but played up to the conditions the best they could...tapping pass backs and then complaining that the water was holding it up (must have passed it back 10 times at least)

They were doing their best to get it called off....staff going as slow as they could to folk it...there was about 10 of them at it. I doubt they have many seats left near the back of the stand tbh. We had to be physically removed and it got nasty...i was foooking kicking off...ran straight to the front where robins was. Told us to all calm down.

Police man told me personally that it was abandoned in our favour....we were all waiting for confirmation while constantly trying to be removed byt thousands of stewards and police, and then the same bobby piped up about 20 minutes later and said look...its got to be replayed.

Sturrock is a tw@t and a coward....he will not allow anything other than another game to start at 0 - 0. By then he will be fecking sacked and we'll lose 1 - 0 on a cold night game in February. The game stinks and the rules have failed us. Would this have happened to man u or chelsea? Would it ballax.

GIVE US THE FECKING RESULT AND SHOW US THE GAME HAS A CONCIENCE. WE'VE BEEN FAILED ONCE ALREADY WITH THE HUME/MORGAN INCIDENT. DON'T LET US DOWN AGAIN

R+R

Dale you have my sympathies fella sounds like a really shite day all round...........sorry it went all wrong for your lot mate.
Unfortunately the rules are the rules despite the scoreline, change the rules and you set a precedent that players and fans can abuse in reverse (i.e. they are winning) to stop a game and get the game awarded to them.
Sounds to me like the comminication also broke down between the paying public(you) and the Feds/Stewards/Officials who don't give a flying fook about you or any other supporter.
Manure or Chelski would have been treated in exactly the same way for the above reasons, stop being so paranoid ..........we all as supporters (despite our rivalries) feel really pissed off for you. Yes we may have laughed initially on the terraces during our 'thrashing' at the Scabs but deep down we do feel sympathetic alright fella.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Mon 30 Nov - 1:27:03

Dale mate. Hats feking off for you going down there! That away end wouldn't have any seats left if i was there!

What was Robins saying mate? I heard he went into the front row to talk to fans.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 30 Nov - 1:36:03

DoncasterTyke wrote:Dale mate. Hats feking off for you going down there! That away end wouldn't have any seats left if i was there!

What was Robins saying mate? I heard he went into the front row to talk to fans.

And pick up a massive fine or a 'closed door' match that wouldn't help but I know how you feel, I have been at an abandoned match that we were winning before..........it pisses you off no end. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Yes i went yesterday Empty Why was Plymouth-Barnsley called off after 58 minutes?

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 5:43:28

http://www.101greatgoals.com/why-was...minutes/41815/

Judging by the footage of this match it looks like UEFA may have another match fixing scandal to look into.

Barnsley had fought back from 1-down yesterday to take a 4-1 lead at Home Park and such was their dominance in the match that a few more goals from the Tykes looked the most likely scenario.

However, due to the torrential rain, which did not look any worse than much of what we have seen in games up and down the land throughout the weekend, referee Gavin Ward abandoned the match in the 58th minute.

Barnsley manager Mark Robins was not a happy bunny: “I don’t think he (the referee) would have made the same decision if the score was the other way around.”

Robins continued: “We will have to come here again now. Our supporters have to come here again and we are all disappointed because we played ever so well. The players are devastated by that and we have to remember that feeling when we come back here. The decision was made unilaterally by the referee and that is the first time I have seen that. We should see if the referee will reimburse our supporters because coming here will have cost them an absolute fortune. I don’t think it was that dangerous.”

Match highlights of Barnsley’s “win” at Plymouth and the moment when the game was called off can be seen here.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Mon 30 Nov - 5:49:50

It's an absolute joke, the whole thing. Personally, I think they should reimburse every single person that travelled all the way down there. Feel really sorry for you.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 30 Nov - 7:25:14

They abused the rules Hoola...playing up to the conditions to get it abandoned...pass back after pass back to their keeper in the 2nd half...tapping it towards him and then the keper running like he had weights strapped to his legs then complaining.

Cheers Doncaster Tyke. Thats the 3rd time ive been to Plymouth and i travel with an unofficial supporters coach so the club will not refund my travel expenses....cost me an arm and a leg to get their. I don't think i'll get over this for months that game will stick with me for the rest of my life. We were absoultly fantastic....nearly in tears at how happy i was. I was up at 3.30AM and it was all worth it. At the end of the day the pitch was the same for both teams.

Ive seen us play in worse conditions away at Burnley, the week before our FA Cup semi. We actually scored because the ball got held up. They won 2 - 1. It absolutly stinks. How can any sensible man not see we had the game won and tbh we would have won by more no questions asked. The bookies in the stand couldnt cope with the amount of tarn fans betting 2/3 - 0 to barnsley 2nd half.

I have to folk out another £60+ to go the the replay and by then they will have a new manager and it will be a different game. We'll lose 1 - 0 no doubt.I honestly could not see them denying Man u 3 points mate under the same circumstances.

I said to robins weve foooking battered them and then the ref goes and does that...its bollox. he goes i know im going to have a word with the ref and see what i can do...just all calm down. This other lad had his arm round him and kissed him haha. Robins is a legend..not many managers would have came over to the fans.

Why oh why was it not abondoned in our favour?
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Mon 30 Nov - 9:07:42

Haha. Nice one. Top bloke Mr Robins! I bet the players were so pissed off!
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 30 Nov - 9:08:43

Players, fans and manager. Its hard to put into words mate.....

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Mon 30 Nov - 9:10:31

Totally understand. There wasn't just Burnley, there was Southend in the cup i think it was, wasnt there?

I bet the fans treated Robins like a Celeb too haha!
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 9:12:32

we'll see what tommrow brings hopefully we'll get a few quid knocked of the match ticket for the replay
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 30 Nov - 9:14:15

Theres been a few mate. Not really just told him what we thought and he told us what he thought and that he was going to have a word. Showed that he actually gave a sh1t. Top man

TBH Nightmare a few quid knocked off the match ticket wont do it...i got in for U18 so a few bob off £7 isnt going to cut it. Spent around £60 and spent 21 hours of my time. Yes, the pitch was a state but weve had to play in worse the last few years.

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 9:18:27

all in all it cost me £165 and 36 hours
and it'll cost same again next time unless they let us use the same ticket
or knock us a bit off
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 30 Nov - 9:19:55

Where did you travel from mate? You pay for your family or spend the weekend? I honestly cannot believe it and feel sick every time i think about it....

How good were we playing?

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 30 Nov - 9:21:15

NIGHTMARE wrote:we'll see what tommrow brings hopefully we'll get a few quid knocked of the match ticket for the replay

They should give you tickets for nothing, if a concerts cancelled even if its started people get the option of a new date free or a refund. Doesnt help with travel/accommodation though
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Mon 30 Nov - 9:22:14

They wont do a thing Plymouth. At the end of the day they will be losing money, and they wont like that. It will be SIR Patrick Cryne refunding you most likely.

We will see if the FA have anything to say.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 30 Nov - 9:26:41

Spineless FA? They do feck all for us 'proper' clubs. Whats so fecking annoying is you know as well as me.....there will be a replay, it will start at 0 - 0 and it we'll get our tickets paid for at best. I don't understand why we wern't awarded the 4 - 1 victory :S

Another point....the red called it off for the safety of the players, so why wernt the players consulted? The managers? The other officials?
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 9:27:51

Dale BFC wrote:Where did you travel from mate? You pay for your family or spend the weekend? I honestly cannot believe it and feel sick every time i think about it....

How good were we playing?

R+R

Bogdanovic And Fred's lad where fantastic as where the rest of the team but boggy is turning into a top class player for us and it was there for all to see again yesterday
yeah i stopped over had a really big piss up after the game as soon as the game was called off i walked out and went to the pub
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 30 Nov - 9:29:39

I couldnt bring myself to leave...i started the ''sit down for the barnsley chant'' off and was one of the last to leave and it wasnt by my own free will either.

I also lay claim to the ''he's fat hes round hes taking plymouth down'' chant

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 30 Nov - 9:30:41

Dale BFC wrote:Spineless FA? They do feck all for us 'proper' clubs. Whats so fecking annoying is you know as well as me.....there will be a replay, it will start at 0 - 0 and it we'll get our tickets paid for at best. I don't understand why we wern't awarded the 4 - 1 victory :S

Another point....the red called it off for the safety of the players, so why wernt the players consulted? The managers? The other officials?

as soon as there bloke went in with 2 feet he called it off he shit it really
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Mon 30 Nov - 23:58:21

They should have used sweeping brushes to get the surface water off at half time tbh instead of sticking a folk in the ground every 30 seconds or so before stopping for a breather.
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down