The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+4
hoolahoop
Dan_the_Owl
Shem_Swfc
The Wednesday
8 posters

Go down

The Premier League Empty The Premier League

Post by The Wednesday Fri 11 Sep - 6:40:06

Will the top four finally be broken? If so who by?

I think it might finally happen, and i'm going to go for Manchester City in place of Liverpool. Manshester City for obvious reasons, spent stupid amounts of money on on very good, established premiership players. In place of Liverpool because they haven't spent much money, of the two players they've signed one is injured and unproven, they've lost a very good player in Alonso, apart from Gerrard and Torres they have no-one, I don't like them. Very Happy

As for relegation I think Hull are looking very likely, the three promoted clubs are always strong contenders, Wigan have lost a good manager and are always going to be a selling club. I've probably missed someone obvious.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 11 Sep - 6:45:36

The Wednesday wrote:Will the top four finally be broken? If so who by?

I think it might finally happen, and i'm going to go for Manchester City in place of Liverpool. Manshester City for obvious reasons, spent stupid amounts of money on on very good, established premiership players. In place of Liverpool because they haven't spent much money, of the two players they've signed one is injured and unproven, they've lost a very good player in Alonso, apart from Gerrard and Torres they have no-one, I don't like them. Very Happy

As for relegation I think Hull are looking very likely, the three promoted clubs are always strong contenders, Wigan have lost a good manager and are always going to be a selling club. I've probably missed someone obvious.

Wow, the 1st Premier League thread Very Happy

Man City will never break into the top 4, and as for you not liking Liverpool, you join quite alot of other people Very Happy Very Happy
I reckon Liverpool will get there stride, it won't take long, when Torres and Stevie are im form, they blitz anyone ( shown against Man Ure last year ). City won't be far behind, Europa League for them!

Portsmouth will go down, as will Wolves and Bolton. Very Happy

That Altizore or whatever is a hot prospect Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 11 Sep - 6:50:17

The Wednesday wrote:...they've lost a very good player in Alonso, apart from Gerrard and Torres they have no-one...

Spot on. I don't think even Liverpool realised how important Alonso was for them. They haven't replaced him, and don't have the money to so anytime soon. As much as I'd like to see them drop out of the top 4, I think they might still just have enough to stay there. It's still early days for Man City, we'll certainly have a better idea of their credibility as top 4 challengers after this weekend.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 11 Sep - 9:18:58

Dan_the_Owl wrote:
The Wednesday wrote:...they've lost a very good player in Alonso, apart from Gerrard and Torres they have no-one...

Spot on. I don't think even Liverpool realised how important Alonso was for them. They haven't replaced him, and don't have the money to so anytime soon. As much as I'd like to see them drop out of the top 4, I think they might still just have enough to stay there. It's still early days for Man City, we'll certainly have a better idea of their credibility as top 4 challengers after this weekend.
I'm with you on this one fellas, The bin-dippers haven't got enough in the tank to stay in the top 4. They look pretty average IMO and the cracks will soon show.
I think Spurs have a chance of breaking their way into it along with Man City, probably though I would give the latter another season before they settle down as a team though.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 11 Sep - 9:21:20

I hate the rat eaters that much i started wanting man utd to win everything because they hate each other
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 11 Sep - 14:00:52

Nightmare wrote:I hate the rat eaters that much i started wanting man utd to win everything because they hate each other

While I understand your feelings, I still hate Man Utd more. It's hard to put into words how much I actually despise them.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Sun 27 Sep - 21:03:49

I reckon its Hull , Portsmouth and Burnley for the drop.
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thefullback Mon 28 Sep - 3:54:15

diggerman wrote:I reckon its Hull , Portsmouth and Burnley for the drop.

Lets face it the way we are playing (or not) makes it look like a dead certainty for the drop. The Premier League 974q9u

But let's see what happens come January
thefullback
thefullback
Pride Of Yorkshire

Location : Village east of HULL (and getting nearer the sea every year)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacko Mon 28 Sep - 6:44:35

Any three from:

Pompey
Hull
Burnley
Wolves
Bolton
Birmingham

It's a big month for us with the fixtures we have. Either Bullard comes back and changes the game completely or we drag it out till January and buy buy buy!
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 28 Sep - 11:15:23

Sacko wrote:It's a big month for us with the fixtures we have. Either Bullard comes back and changes the game completely or we drag it out till January and buy buy buy!

Phil Brown's future is obviously being discussed at the moment. Do you believe that a new manager would improve your chances of survival?
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacko Tue 29 Sep - 3:39:46

Phil Brown's future is obviously being discussed at the moment. Do you believe that a new manager would improve your chances of survival?

Obviously it depends who would come in, but I would give Brown his chance as I still believe he can do the job. Duffen also agrees hence why he has come out time after time and backed him up.

There are so many off the field rumours going around regarding the clubs finances, players falling out with Brown blah blah blah so it's hard to know what is going on.

When Bullard comes back, which he is due to be back for Fulham on 19th Oct, it gives the team a whole new style of play, so lets see what happens by November time...
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 29 Sep - 5:02:31

I think Hull will stay up, they have a solid team mainly, and even though people might say your going down because of losing 6-1, there wrong.

Look at Wednesday last season, 6-0 to reading, 4-1 to Wolves, and we stayed up. Your a good team Sacko, and i agree with you that Brown should stay, he is a good manager.

You have good players to came back such as Bullard as you say, and i can see you finishing mid-table.

Might i say aswell i love your Sig pic Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacko Tue 29 Sep - 5:11:52

Shem_Swfc wrote:I think Hull will stay up, they have a solid team mainly, and even though people might say your going down because of losing 6-1, there wrong.

Look at Wednesday last season, 6-0 to reading, 4-1 to Wolves, and we stayed up. Your a good team Sacko, and i agree with you that Brown should stay, he is a good manager.

You have good players to came back such as Bullard as you say, and i can see you finishing mid-table.

I know we have the team for it, bar Turner its the same squad as last year. It just shows now we have lost Turner and Gardner is rarely we do struggle. When he gets back fit I am certain we will see an enormous difference.

Might i say aswell i love your Sig pic Very Happy[/quote]

Cheers! Was thinking of giving it a change as I have used it for other forums for ages now...
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down