The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss

+9
East Yorks Rover
yorkie64red
LuckyGirl
VixDRFC
MR NEGATIVE
pkt_drfc
hoolahoop
Dagenham Rover
NIGHTMARE
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss Empty Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 12 Jan - 5:32:57

Last edited by NIGHTMARE on Tue 12 Jan - 6:06:48; edited 1 time in total
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss Empty Re: Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 12 Jan - 5:44:39

You just had a bet Nightmare its 6/4 now......kin hell
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss Empty Re: Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 6:04:27

NIGHTMARE wrote:He's Now 7/4 Second fav

http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_portal?AFF_ID=839

Who's BRUNLEY ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 12 Jan - 6:08:03

C**T

Last edited by hoolahoop on Tue 12 Jan - 6:14:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DINGLE LANGUAGE NOT DEEMED ACCEPTABLE.)
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 6:12:13

NIGHTMARE wrote:C**T

lol! lol! lol! lol! something I siad ? Wink

Last edited by hoolahoop on Tue 12 Jan - 6:15:15; edited 1 time in total
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 12 Jan - 6:14:57

silent
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 6:19:09

NIGHTMARE wrote:silent

Seriously NIGHTIE do you really expect a Prem. team to consider a manager who (as good as he is), would be able to run their team after only 18 months at CCC level ?
Loyalty aside frankly I would be amazed!!!!!!!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 12 Jan - 7:19:08

I think there is some truth in this Hoola he is the favourite now http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/burnley-specials/next-permanent-manager
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Tue 12 Jan - 8:18:19

This is a major concern for me as o drisscol is the type of gaffer lower premiership sides would look at,everyones dream is to manage at the highest level and surely sean wont stay forever,
I think he has unfinished buissness to do at donny but a job at burnley fc would be too difficult to turn down.
Sean was quick to squash rumors about the prestonjob but i see its all stayed quiet now,i hope he stays but i wouldnt hold any grudges if he was to leave to bfc as i wouldnt blame him.
He left bourmoth to go to a bigger team and i am sure he would see burnley as a step upwards.

Very worrying!!!
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 8:41:18

roversboy4lyf wrote:This is a major concern for me as o drisscol is the type of gaffer lower premiership sides would look at,everyones dream is to manage at the highest level and surely sean wont stay forever,
I think he has unfinished buissness to do at donny but a job at burnley fc would be too difficult to turn down.
Sean was quick to squash rumors about the prestonjob but i see its all stayed quiet now,i hope he stays but i wouldnt hold any grudges if he was to leave to bfc as i wouldnt blame him.
He left bourmoth to go to a bigger team and i am sure he would see burnley as a step upwards.

Very worrying!!!

Come on lads , stop wetting yourselves JR won't let that happen yet. He is our prize asset along with RO'K and the key to our future stability and success..................they will open the wallets at the Deepthroat to ensure he goes nowhere. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 12 Jan - 8:47:18

I don't think there's any point in worrying - its not going to change anything. All we can do is hope IF he goes, we get someone decent in.

I'd disagree he was quick to squash rumours about Preston - all he did was deny the validity of the press that suggested he was looking to move. To be honest it did seem a bit of a 'I won't come looking but I'm here' type remark and I did wonder at the time if it wasn't to rule himself out of the 'right' job offer in his opinions. Plus it was dropped into his pre-match interview, we all know he's not the kind of person to seek the press out

I'd hate him to go but I'd get why he did and it wouldn't be as lateral a move as the Preston job.

Of course if it is mainly rumour than the club haven't exactly helped to squash it even though there was a statement on Radio Sheffield that said Rovers haven't been approached by Burnley

We can't change this, thats the one certainty
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Tue 12 Jan - 10:16:40

I hope he doesn't go - at least not yet.

He does a good job and, of course, his value then increases. Anyone who gets him will get the best.

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Jan - 10:20:13

Well if it does happen it will be quick, Burnley i would imagine will want a new manager pretty sharpish, and for what its worth if O Driscoll is in the frame and gets offered the job he will take it becauce to be offered the job i would imagine he has at least had an interview so must be interested in the position.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Jan - 10:24:41

yorkie64red wrote:Well if it does happen it will be quick, Burnley i would imagine will want a new manager pretty sharpish, and for what its worth if O Driscoll is in the frame and gets offered the job he will take it becauce to be offered the job i would imagine he has at least had an interview so must be interested in the position.

Well summed up Bri , that's the long and short of it.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Jan - 10:26:19

[quote="hoolahoop"]

Well summed up Bri , that's the long and short of it.[/quote]

Why thankyou sir.. Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss Icon_wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Jan - 10:52:13

What i would also like to add is that Apparently DRFC issued a statement through Radio Sheffield that Burnley have not approached Rovers to ask for permission to speak to Sean, now if that is true then all the talk of Sean leaving is just Rumours, otherwise Rovers would look extremley foolish if come tommorow Sod was named as there new manager. whoever it is i just wish they would get it over with then we can all get back to what we do best, Dingle Bashing on there sub forum.. Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss Icon_razz
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 12 Jan - 11:02:56

The bookies news is the worst bit, they get it right more than they get it wrong, that's why they make money. I just hope that this time they have made mugs out of those folks loading on. It would be the worst bit of news that Rovers have had if he leaves. Shocked pale
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Jan - 11:24:38

What the Burnley fans think of Sod as there new manager, they seem very Keen.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123304509
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 12 Jan - 13:15:39

I wouldn't be worrying if I were you folks. This time yesterday, several bookies had Brian Laws as the favourite. lol!
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 12 Jan - 13:20:30

Tomorrow's Daily Mail going as far to say that he's got the job provided he gets his compensation with Wednesday sorted out, with O'Driscoll their backup choice. You could not make this stuff up, complete madness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1242463/Brian-Laws-surprise-choice-replace-Owen-Coyle-Burnley.html?ITO=1490

Brian Laws the surprise choice to replace Owen Coyle at Burnley
EXCLUSIVE By Alan Biggs
Last updated at 10:27 PM on 11th January 2010

Burnley are ready to spring a major surprise by naming Brian Laws as their new manager just a month after he was sacked by Championship strugglers Sheffield Wednesday.

Laws and Doncaster boss Sean O’Driscoll were the last two men standing in the race for the job on Monday.

But Sportsmail understands Laws is Burnley’s preferred choice to replace Owen Coyle - provided he ties up a compensation deal with Wednesday.

An official announcement is expected in the next 48 hours, with O’Driscoll on standby.

Laws, a former Burnley player, can look forward to kicking off with a dream debut at Manchester United on Saturday as he begins the task of keeping the Premier League newcomers in the top flight.

Leeds boss Simon Grayson and Huddersfield’s Lee Clark withdrew from the race yesterday, with Burnley deep in contract talks with their top choice.

The Clarets courted Laws before he joined Wednesday from Scunthorpe just over three years ago, and made a further attempt to land him, before they moved for Coyle in 2007.

O’Driscoll, meanwhile, has proved himself by establishing Doncaster in the Championship on a low budget and his stylish approach has drawn widespread admiration.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 12 Jan - 13:25:31

i honestly think laws is a good manager a million times better then what we have had to put up with for the last 3 years anyway,
at the end of the day if you have to do all your shopping at car boots sales because of funds your bound to end up with a load of shite nobody else wants.
lets judge him once he's had a job where can buy and sell to make a squad and not have to make do with the shit other clubs don't want

I think the problem at wednesday is the fact players know there is no money to freshen up the squad so they can go about there work half hearted and still keep there job
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Jan - 20:13:15

yorkie64red wrote:What i would also like to add is that Apparently DRFC issued a statement through Radio Sheffield that Burnley have not approached Rovers to ask for permission to speak to Sean, now if that is true then all the talk of Sean leaving is just Rumours, otherwise Rovers would look extremley foolish if come tommorow Sod was named as there new manager. whoever it is i just wish they would get it over with then we can all get back to what we do best, Dingle Bashing on there sub forum.. Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss Icon_razz

If reports in the Sun are correct that Sod had an interview at a Marriot hotel are correct then the statement that they issued through radio Sheffield that Burnley had not been in touch with DRFC is a load of crap.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Jan - 22:09:56

Just heard on SSN that Burnley have been in talks with Doncaster about the compensation that Doncaster would want for sean, it is a two horse race between Sod and Laws, expect an announcement within 24 hours.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 12 Jan - 22:12:18

Whatever figure JR throws out it will be paid. Burnley are now getting massive amounts of TV money. They can easily afford it. Better start looking forward to a new manager..... Crying or Very sad
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Jan - 22:16:09

East Yorks Rover wrote:Whatever figure JR throws out it will be paid. Burnley are now getting massive amounts of TV money. They can easily afford it. Better start looking forward to a new manager..... Ladbrokes Report A "Massive" Bet On Sean O'Driscoll To Be Next Burnley Boss Icon_cry

Got to admit Will its not looking good, i just want it over with now, if he does go i wonder who will manage the team on saturday as i reckon he will take Rok with him, probably down to Mickey walker to plug the gap until an appointment is made.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next