The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investment Latest

+3
East Yorks Rover
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
7 posters

Go down

Investment Latest Empty Investment Latest

Post by yorkie64red Sat 30 Jan - 1:50:58

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Investment Latest Empty Re: Investment Latest

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 30 Jan - 1:53:23

They do relise it is Sheff Wed they are investing into and not Sheff Utd lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 30 Jan - 1:59:34

Still along way to go, even the Investment company are saying it is not yet a done deal.

The group's managing partner John Prutch warned: "There is no guarantee that any deal will be completed."
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 30 Jan - 5:18:45

Investing 100 million maybe? I wonder how much of that will come from the company? Another Man. Utd. scenario, take the club over on borrowed money, put it all onto the club and watch what happens. Look out for the small print Owls.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 30 Jan - 10:22:26

East Yorks Rover wrote:Investing 100 million maybe? I wonder how much of that will come from the company? Another Man. Utd. scenario, take the club over on borrowed money, put it all onto the club and watch what happens. Look out for the small print Owls.

Sounds to me that they have little option but to sell their soul to the only devil interested and then become bankrupt in a few years.............sad state of affairs and the fans seem happy about it! Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by wxm owl Sun 31 Jan - 8:27:25

its still looking good on the pitch . Investment or no Investment if you would have asked me a month ago win 4 out of 5 games i would have snapped your hands off . to be honest i could not see were nxt win was coming from.ther is still a lot of work to be done.but its looking a lot better than it did cheers
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sun 31 Jan - 10:46:22

East Yorks Rover wrote:Another Man. Utd. scenario, take the club over on borrowed money...

But they're not 'taking over' the club. The statement from Club 9 Sports on the OS reads;

"What I can confirm is that at no stage have we discussed the possibility of buying shares in Sheffield Wednesday plc. We are pursuing a deal by which our capital and skills can be utilised to assist the current management team, led by Chairman Lee Strafford and Chief Executive Nick Parker, to fully implement their business plan for the Club."

It's not a takeover. It is essentially a substantial restructing of the club's debt. Nothing like Man Utd whatsoever.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sun 31 Jan - 11:02:11

So they are just giving you money Dan? American corporations don't do that sort of thing. Borrowing more money then? Dangerous route to go down. It all seems a bit odd and definitely not clear as to what the terms are, as I said, be wary, don't fall at their feet and not see what they are up to. Good luck.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Sun 31 Jan - 11:42:45

East Yorks Rover wrote:So they are just giving you money Dan?

There are different ways to invest in a business, and the extremely complicated structure of SWFC's debt and equity have probably served to make things more complex, and drag this process out as long as it has.

I'm not at the heart of the process, so I can't tell you anything for sure. But what looks likely is this. That the investors will pay off half of the club's debt, that's approximately 12m. As is well reported, the Co-op Bank, our current creditors, have already agreed in principle to wipe the other half. This a good deal for them in the current financial climate. Club 9 Sports will then provide more capital to improve the product , with the aim of returning SWFC to the Premier League, where in the long run they can expect to see a decent return on their investment. In short, what it would mean for the club is that we'd owe the American Bank involved the sum invested, which is why it's being described as debt restructuring. Club 9 Sports will not be wiping out the club's debt, but they will be reducing it considerably, and they will be providing us with funds to attempt to return to the Premier League.

No one is suggesting that this deal will be the end to all of Sheffield Wednesday's problems, far from it. But it will signal the first major reduction of our debt, and will leave us in a stronger position financially than we have been in many years.

...as I said, be wary, don't fall at their feet and not see what they are up to. Good luck.

Thanks. That this process has taken as long as it has leads me to believe that Lee Strafford and Nick Parker certainly won't be falling at anyone's feet. The club are desperately poor, yes. But we are not in danger of going out of business anytime soon. I believe that the Chairman will only go with a deal that is in the club's best interest.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Tue 9 Feb - 8:01:14

Not clicked the link...not ready any of the posts

ITS A LOAD OF BALLAX. Every week a supposed Millionaire is taking over. I bet your running out of Millionaires to be linked with quicker than QPR are football league managers
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 9 Feb - 9:16:24

Dale BFC wrote:Not clicked the link...not ready any of the posts

ITS A LOAD OF BALLAX. Every week a supposed Millionaire is taking over. I bet your running out of Millionaires to be linked with quicker than QPR are football league managers

There's alot of truth to your seemingly flippant remarks Dale! As a Co-Op investor it pleases me no-end to see my share of that investment has or rather might be reduced by £12 million. Nothing new there though the good folk of Donny have supported the free Tram services, Commonwealth games etc., without a return in the past now I'm supporting a debt restructuring for a piss poor club that is Wednesday. Mad Mad Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 9 Feb - 9:27:18

Dale BFC wrote:Not clicked the link...not ready any of the posts

Only one company has been credibly linked with investment, and that is the party that has now declared their interest. Nonsense or not, there is no weekly Millionaire, and there is no takeover.

As a Co-Op investor it pleases me no-end to see my share of that investment has or rather might be reduced by £12 million.

That's entirely understandable. Unfortunately Co-op and several other like them have seen this restructuring of debt with payment up front as the best form of defence during the economic downturn.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 9 Feb - 9:28:44

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Only one company has been credibly linked with investment, and that is the party that has now declared their interest. Nonsense or not, there is no weekly Millionaire, and there is no takeover.

That's entirely understandable. Unfortunately Co-op and several other like them have seen this restructuring of debt with payment up front as the best form of defence during the economic downturn.

Your getting some grief tonight Dan... lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 9 Feb - 9:32:57

yorkie64red wrote:Your getting some grief tonight Dan...
No probs , I can deal with it.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 18 Feb - 10:26:47

NO you're not having any or all of our team. lol
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content