The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer day ins and outs at Boro

4 posters

Go down

Transfer day ins and outs at Boro Empty Transfer day ins and outs at Boro

Post by thornabyred Tue 2 Feb - 7:33:46

STRIKERS Scott McDonald and Lee Miller completed beat-the-deadline deals to take the number of Boro's January signings to SEVEN.

McDonald became the fifth Celtic player to join Boro during the January transfer window after Boro completed his transfer from Parkhead, while Miller also made a permanent move from Aberdeen.

The two 26-year-olds followed earlier January signings of Barry Robson, Willo Flood and Chris Killen from Celtic, together with loan deals for Stephen McManus and Kyle Naughton.

Melbourne-born McDonald, who is hoping to be part of Australia's World Cup finals squad this summer, scored 50 goals in 88 league games for Celtic.

He helped Celtic win the Scottish Premier League title in his first season at Parkhead, scoring 31 goals in all competitions to be crowned Scottish football's top scorer.

McDonald began his career with Eastern Pride in Australia before moves to Southampton and Wimbledon together with loan spells at Huddersfield and Bournemouth.

He moved to Scotland with Motherwell when he was 20 years old and helped them reach the 2005 Scottish Cup final

After 42 goals in 109 league games for Motherwell, he made a £700,000 switch to Gordon Strachan's Celtic in the summer of 2007.

Lee Miller in action for Aberdeen against Hull City - Photo-Getty Images

Miller, who won his second Scotland cap in November, has hit double figures for Aberdeen for the past two seasons.

Lanark-born Miller began his career with Falkirk, where27 goals in 61 appearances resulted in a move to Bristol City.

Having scored eight league goals in 2003-04, including one on his Bristol City debut, he scored eight goals in 17 games during a loan spell with Hearts.

He then returned to Scotland on a permanent deal with Dundee United before making the switch to Aberdeen in August 2006.

Meanwhile, Mido has joined West Ham for the remainder of the 2009-10 season after the Egypt international spent the first half of the season on loan to Egyptian side Zamalek.

Boro have cancelled the contract of young winger Nathan Porritt to allow him to leave the club with immediate effect.
BORO winger Adam Johnson has completed a transfer deadline day move to Manchester City for an undisclosed fee.

Johnson agreed personal terms and passed a medical for City after the two clubs agreed a fee for the 22-year-old, who would have been out of contract this summer.

After completing the move, Johnson said: "I've been there since I was about 12 and I'll be forever thankful to everyone there - they know who they are - who has helped me along the way and I hope they do well this season as well.

"Gordon Strachan was fantastic with me from day one. He understands I'm an ambitious person and this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so I'd like to thank him as well."

The former England Under-21 international made 77 starts and 59 substitute appearances in all competitions for Boro after progressing through the club's much-acclaimed Academy.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Transfer day ins and outs at Boro Empty Re: Transfer day ins and outs at Boro

Post by Terrier2009 Tue 2 Feb - 7:39:18

Seems like you've had a busy time!! I just hope all the players that you've got in settle quickly and don't rustle any feathers. Good luck to you and I hope they all work out. It's also nice when one of the youngsters leaves and they actually show their appreciation for the club that helped them get where they are.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Tue 2 Feb - 7:41:59

Still stories going round that ex celt Nakamura has signed on loan.
Show on his wiki site but nothing from Boro.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Tue 2 Feb - 7:43:25

Strange. I wonder how long it will take before you hear something.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 2 Feb - 7:55:58

Heard you're joining the SPL soon , any truth in that ? Very Happy Nay perhaps a feeder/training club for Celtic even ! Basketball
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Tue 2 Feb - 9:33:01

thornabyred wrote:Still stories going round that ex celt Nakamura has signed on loan.
Show on his wiki site but nothing from Boro.
Not a proper deadline day without confusion surrounding a boro transfer
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Tue 2 Feb - 19:04:39

Its the only way celtic can get into English football, build a team at Boro then uin 2 years time change the name. Evil or Very Mad
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 3 Feb - 6:57:59

thornabyred wrote:Its the only way celtic can get into English football, build a team at Boro then uin 2 years time change the name. Evil or Very Mad

Take it you're not happy thornaby. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Wed 3 Feb - 7:25:06

Get sick of hearing Celtic. My nephew is a Bhoy and never shuts up singing the bloody songs and going on about them.
My fault I suppose for taking him to footbal when he was little.Was a boro ST till 2 year back even though he supports Celtic.I think dragging him to Boro games at Leeds,Bradford,Sheffield and Barnsley as well as 3 Wembleys and 2 seasons European games must have forced him over the edge.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 3 Feb - 8:18:06

thornabyred wrote:Get sick of hearing Celtic. My nephew is a Bhoy and never shuts up singing the bloody songs and going on about them.
My fault I suppose for taking him to footbal when he was little.Was a boro ST till 2 year back even though he supports Celtic.I think dragging him to Boro games at Leeds,Bradford,Sheffield and Barnsley as well as 3 Wembleys and 2 seasons European games must have forced him over the edge.

Step-father is a second generation Irish Glaswegian and I know what you mean..........'would you stand in the band like a true Irishman' etc. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down