The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will they do it this year or bottle it again like always?

+6
diggerman
superspy
donnywhitegaz
Dan_the_Owl
hoolahoop
MattyDRFC
10 posters

Go down

Will they do it this year or bottle it again like always? Empty Will they do it this year or bottle it again like always?

Post by MattyDRFC Mon 14 Sep - 21:48:37

So what you think to chances of Leeds going up this year then? Will they finally do it this year or do you think they will bottle it again?
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Will they do it this year or bottle it again like always? Empty Re: Will they do it this year or bottle it again like always?

Post by hoolahoop Tue 15 Sep - 4:20:05

MattyDRFC wrote:So what you think to chances of Leeds going up this year then? Will they finally do it this year or do you think they will bottle it again?
Grudgingly, I think they will do it this year Matty.................the squad and more importantly the right manager is in place. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Will they do it this year or bottle it again like always? Empty Re: Will they do it this year or bottle it again like always?

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 15 Sep - 4:31:48

The one thing that binds most of us on here is that we'd love them to bottle it again. Laughing

Just can't see it though, they lost Delph notably, but most of the squad is still there, and I reckon they'll have more than enough in the end.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by donnywhitegaz Tue 15 Sep - 7:05:09

now now dan Very Happy hoola has the right idea,weve got ourselves a manager that was well off the radar and has bags of sense,hes spotted all the problem areas and worked on them,picked new players that are right for the job crowe/higgs/kisnorbo/bromby/doyle not top range spectacular but ones that will do the job needed,yes fabs gone but we got a good price for the kid and we have ample replacements,weve kept hold of beckford and i would imagine if we go up he will still be a leeds player,all in all things are feeling right this year in every department,im not counting those chickens yet but im well impressed with the start
donnywhitegaz
donnywhitegaz
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 15 Sep - 7:27:57

donnywhitegaz wrote:now now dan Very Happy hoola has the right idea,weve got ourselves a manager that was well off the radar and has bags of sense,hes spotted all the problem areas and worked on them,picked new players that are right for the job crowe/higgs/kisnorbo/bromby/doyle not top range spectacular but ones that will do the job needed,yes fabs gone but we got a good price for the kid and we have ample replacements,weve kept hold of beckford and i would imagine if we go up he will still be a leeds player,all in all things are feeling right this year in every department,im not counting those chickens yet but im well impressed with the start
Don't think I like your team Gaz, after all you made a very poor choice...............home town is home town etc.! Following the Weeds was always the cowards way out in my view unless of course you have very strong ties to Leeds ?
I know you will say '''were you one of the 1500 or so that supported your team in the bad times or a 'Johnny come lately'' Just to answer that one , I am one of the originals , whilst others 'glory-hunted' at Leeds/Manure etc............and the second point is where did all the Leeds fans disappear to ?
When I was young that city could fill a stadium up with 40, 000 fans and now ?
Hate the avatar , sorry Gaz ;when I see that crest on car windows in Donny it makes me want to puke. Please tell me you have strong links with Leeds!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Tue 15 Sep - 9:38:14

i agree with most of what you said there hoola...even though it seemed you were having a conversation with yourself, haha.

seeing the leeds emblem on cars in donny gives me rage, lol.

the only downside to me, for want of a better phrase, is i wasnt one of the die-hards with the club in the darkness of the bad times etc. BUT, in my defense, I wasnt really into football at the time, only ever really liked newcastle in my childhood days, and that was mainly because of shearer. I went to quite a few matches at belle vue before they went down to the conf, and then just kind of lost touch with football, i was very young at the im. Then became a regular with the opening of the keepmoat...now we have decent facilities etc it makes it worth going to for me, (plus the fact that im older now too and can appreciate the whole thing more) Smile

think i waffled a bit there but u get the idea.

on to the point of the topic, i dont think leeds will bottle it this year, but i'll laugh my tiny cock off if they do.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnywhitegaz Tue 15 Sep - 16:44:02

just to set the story straight then,i was born in harrogate,then soon after moved to leeds where i lived untill the age of 18 then worked/travelled a little meeting my partner of 12 years and moving to doncaster at which time your guys were really having problems !!! so leeds is home town for me,dont get me wrong ive no hatred for donny,ive seen them play enough times Very Happy
donnywhitegaz
donnywhitegaz
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Tue 15 Sep - 17:09:11

cant get away with all this hatred of Leeds.
I hope they DO get promoted.
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Sep - 5:39:10

donnywhitegaz wrote:just to set the story straight then,i was born in harrogate,then soon after moved to leeds where i lived untill the age of 18 then worked/travelled a little meeting my partner of 12 years and moving to doncaster at which time your guys were really having problems !!! so leeds is home town for me,dont get me wrong ive no hatred for donny,ive seen them play enough times Very Happy
Fair shout fella but I know you understand where I'm coming from. It wasn't a 'direct' dig at you as such but those who think it's clever to deride our team, I know you are not one of these people. Embarassed
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Leodisdude Wed 16 Sep - 9:04:21

By saying we 'bottled it' then you are surely taking away credit from yourselfs when you won the play off final and no, we wont bottle it Very Happy
Leodisdude
Leodisdude
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Sep - 23:04:40

Leodisdude wrote:By saying we 'bottled it' then you are surely taking away credit from yourselfs when you won the play off final and no, we wont bottle it Very Happy
No you were beaten 'fair and square', at the time our team was better than yours period. You did not bottle it as you won't this year IMO.
To answer Diggerman's question on why there is a dislike for the Weeds ; I can only say that your team did not suffer a massive erosion of your fanbase because of their success and the madness that nearly buried our club into the annals of history.
Pleased to see however that we are winning them back little by little despite the success of Leeds. It is now not unusual to see a parent wearing Leeds colours and the youngsters with them wearing Rovers colours.............10 years ago that would have bees unheard of! Very Happy
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Thu 17 Sep - 1:40:25

don't ask me why because i havent a clue, but in this part of Norfolk leeds has always been and is very well supported, I know more leeds fans than any other kind..

Odd isn't it, you would think it would be Norwich that caught the hearts and minds.
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 17 Sep - 4:22:51

jucyberry wrote:don't ask me why because i havent a clue, but in this part of Norfolk leeds has always been and is very well supported, I know more leeds fans than any other kind..

Odd isn't it, you would think it would be Norwich that caught the hearts and minds.
That is really strange but given the relative lack of success of Norwich I can see why the local team may not be as well supported as they should.
Why Leeds, good question but they did have a mythical status in the 70's, perhaps eclipsed only by Manure and the Bin Dippers at that particular time. Relatively speaking the other two teams would be considered geographically alot further away or that your locals have a penchant for .............Bin kicking and mindless violence! Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by jucyberry Thu 17 Sep - 6:58:22

Norwich is a bit like your dribbly aunt Ada, You are fond of her despite her little accidents... Smile

As for leeds...as you say, back when we were kids they were huge, perhaps that is why..

Bins round here tend to stay unmolested, and as we are mostly arable its not cos the locals are out molesting sheep either.... Very Happy
jucyberry
jucyberry
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 17 Sep - 8:49:36

jucyberry wrote:Norwich is a bit like your dribbly aunt Ada, You are fond of her despite her little accidents... Smile

As for leeds...as you say, back when we were kids they were huge, perhaps that is why..

Bins round here tend to stay unmolested, and as we are mostly arable its not cos the locals are out molesting sheep either.... Very Happy
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Leodisdude Sat 19 Sep - 9:24:41

hoolahoop wrote:
Leodisdude wrote:By saying we 'bottled it' then you are surely taking away credit from yourselfs when you won the play off final and no, we wont bottle it Very Happy
No you were beaten 'fair and square', at the time our team was better than yours period. You did not bottle it as you won't this year IMO.
To answer Diggerman's question on why there is a dislike for the Weeds ; I can only say that your team did not suffer a massive erosion of your fanbase because of their success and the madness that nearly buried our club into the annals of history.
Pleased to see however that we are winning them back little by little despite the success of Leeds. It is now not unusual to see a parent wearing Leeds colours and the youngsters with them wearing Rovers colours.............10 years ago that would have bees unheard of! Very Happy
You were marginally better on the day but over the season we were actually a better team. We gained more points than you & without the 15 point deduction for non football matters we would have gone up in 2nd place. You would have been fighting out the play off final against somebody else.
Leodisdude
Leodisdude
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by d1889t Sun 20 Sep - 1:39:09

I think they'll probably go up. I went to watch them as a spy Very Happy and they seemed like a lower championship team.
d1889t
d1889t
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 20 Sep - 6:36:13

They had another very good win today, if they mess it up this year they will only have themselves to blame, can't see them doing that though.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 21 Sep - 5:15:00

yorkie64red wrote:They had another very good win today, if they mess it up this year they will only have themselves to blame, can't see them doing that though.
No I agree, there will be some 'hairy' moments along the way (there always are ) but they are looking good at the moment. I certainly wouldn't waste money betting against them . Possibly the new 'yo-yo ' club eh ? Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down