The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!!

+4
East Yorks Rover
diggerman
Dagenham Rover
MR NEGATIVE
8 posters

Go down

HELP!!! Empty HELP!!!

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 11 Feb - 6:31:36

Anyone know what w.h.y means in a advertisment.

Shocked
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! Empty Re: HELP!!!

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 11 Feb - 8:25:52

why? Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Thu 11 Feb - 8:26:34

is it "what have you"?
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 11 Feb - 9:40:46

Write homework yourself.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Feb - 9:42:02

East Yorks Rover wrote:Write homework yourself.

Is that the teacher coming out Will.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 11 Feb - 9:45:54

Damn right it is. "Don't ask me questions I might have to think about, just give me the answer so I can copy it because I am too lazy to have original thought." The ethos of the education system nowadays right up to degree level.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Feb - 9:53:03

East Yorks Rover wrote:Damn right it is. "Don't ask me questions I might have to think about, just give me the answer so I can copy it because I am too lazy to have original thought." The ethos of the education system nowadays right up to degree level.

I know someone who has got an english degree and her spelling is worse then mine, just doesen't mean anything anymore, once you have something that everyone has it becomes worthless.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 11 Feb - 10:07:35

That devalues the work I did to get a degree, when only 10% of us were able to get through the system, now 50% are degree holders, now people in this generation are not 5 times brighter than my generation, so how come they nearly all get a 2.1 degree? I am just an old cynic though.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Feb - 10:11:38

East Yorks Rover wrote:That devalues the work I did to get a degree, when only 10% of us were able to get through the system, now 50% are degree holders, now people in this generation are not 5 times brighter than my generation, so how come they nearly all get a 2.1 degree? I am just an old cynic though.

Don't think you are Will, its this obsession with telling everyone to go to university to get a Degree to do a job that people were dong before without them, its gonna be the next big thing to go bang, its out of control..just a way of keeping people of the unemployment register, now maybe its me who is the cynic.. Neutral
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Thu 11 Feb - 10:16:46

Time was you trained to be a nurse, now they have to do a degree too.

Then you get them coming out of university and telling us how to do the job we've been doing for years. Experience counts for zilch and the job has to be done according to the latest 'theory'. What happened to common sense?

Best example was the 'child practitioner' when Susan was a baby. Kept telling me she couldn't do this or that. I said because she has more stimulating things around her and asked if she had any children herself ......... Guess what her answer was!!!!

Last edited by LuckyGirl on Thu 11 Feb - 10:28:15; edited 2 times in total

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Feb - 10:23:47

[quote="LuckyGirl"]Time was you trained to be a nurse, now they have to do a degree too.

Then you get them coming out of university and telling us how to do the job we've been doing for years. Experience counts for zilch and the job ghas to be done according to the latest 'theory'. What happened to common sense?

Best example was the 'child practitioner' when Susan was a baby. Kept telling me she cou;ldn't do this or that. I said because she has more stimulating things around her and asked if she had any children herself ......... Guess what her answer was!!!![/quote

We have them at work Lucky, they are so full of good ideas its unbeilevable, personally give me someone with experience anyday, they don't have a clue in the real world, its all out of a book, how to run a perfect factory, trouble is there still on chapter 3 of the book and the problems that want solving are near the end. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 11 Feb - 11:28:36

To a certain point I agree with you all about everyone having a degree. However I would say it's not a walk in the park by any stretch. I hated being told what all the answers were to the extent that I used to borrow big thick sociology textbooks of my teacher so I could do my own reading at home. I'm still like that now. I'd rather read the whole book than just get one or two points that might answer the question. When I've been working I have never assumed that because I am at uni I know better than people who have done the job for years. I might occasionally ask about doing something a different way but I don't presume that the way I'm suggesting is any better than the current way. On the topic of spelling, I am doing ym degree and my spelling and grammar can be awful as I'm sure you've seen at times but that's because I'm dyslexic. Now at uni's this is taken into consideration which means you aren't prevented from getting the degree you deserve.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 11 Feb - 18:03:38

East Yorks Rover wrote:Write homework yourself.

Not my homework,my dad was just looking on a swapz site and it said i am intrested in... w.h.y

bounce
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 11 Feb - 23:16:40

Terrier2009 wrote:To a certain point I agree with you all about everyone having a degree. However I would say it's not a walk in the park by any stretch. I hated being told what all the answers were to the extent that I used to borrow big thick sociology textbooks of my teacher so I could do my own reading at home. I'm still like that now. I'd rather read the whole book than just get one or two points that might answer the question. When I've been working I have never assumed that because I am at uni I know better than people who have done the job for years. I might occasionally ask about doing something a different way but I don't presume that the way I'm suggesting is any better than the current way. On the topic of spelling, I am doing ym degree and my spelling and grammar can be awful as I'm sure you've seen at times but that's because I'm dyslexic. Now at uni's this is taken into consideration which means you aren't prevented from getting the degree you deserve.

Unfortunately the Internet did away with original thought and extensive research to the extent now where an individual seems to think it's ok to plagiarise any subject matter at will. Heavy research into theory books helps to stimulate an individual's interest in original thought to the extent that they can discover their own 'Eureka' moment on any given subject.
Alas those days have gone and a dissertation takes far less time and effort than it ever did when I was a lad. Moreover the subject matter also becomes far less interesting. Education has now reached a crossroads but which way will the controlling bodies seek to steer it in future ?
I hope common sense prevails but alas it rarely does when discussing the way forward for our Education system ! Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 12 Feb - 9:18:36

I have to say I have chosen my own dissertation subject and I have had to do a lot of research for it. There have only been three websites that I have used for mine and they are only to get statistics not anything else. I also still have a lot of research to do so I would disagree on the amount of work we have to do. Also there are many programmes that universities use to check all work submitted by students and anyone who has plagiarised their work is actually thrown off the course they are doing. Additionally, if the internet is used it can only be for statistics not anything else and we can have our work scrutinised if we have used the internet extensively.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 12 Feb - 9:28:25

Terrier2009 wrote:I have to say I have chosen my own dissertation subject and I have had to do a lot of research for it. There have only been three websites that I have used for mine and they are only to get statistics not anything else. I also still have a lot of research to do so I would disagree on the amount of work we have to do. Also there are many programmes that universities use to check all work submitted by students and anyone who has plagiarised their work is actually thrown off the course they are doing. Additionally, if the internet is used it can only be for statistics not anything else and we can have our work scrutinised if we have used the internet extensively.

You tell him terrier, but you have to understand how hard it was for Hoola to get his , working with slate and chalk. lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Fri 12 Feb - 9:41:28

Lol I'm sure it was. I just wish people didn't assume that you just turn up and then they give you a degree. It doesn't work like that at all.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum