The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blatter wants to scrap the off side rule

+3
MR NEGATIVE
East Yorks Rover
yorkie64red
7 posters

Go down

Blatter wants to scrap the off side rule Empty Blatter wants to scrap the off side rule

Post by yorkie64red Sat 6 Mar - 20:32:24

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Blatter wants to scrap the off side rule Empty Re: Blatter wants to scrap the off side rule

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 6 Mar - 20:56:38

There is a very strong argument for this, it would mean that far fewer defenders went forward as a team would leave a goal poacher permanently in the opposition half. It would give players like Billy far more chance, my goodness even lewis would benefit from it as he has never undewrstood the rule in all the years he has "played" for us! Quick players up front would be essential.

The other one that needs looking at is the size of the goal. When this game was invented the average height of males must have been a good six inches less than it is now. Why not make the posts a foot wider and the crossbar six inches higher?
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Blatter wants to scrap the off side rule Empty Re: Blatter wants to scrap the off side rule

Post by yorkie64red Sat 6 Mar - 21:12:25

East Yorks Rover wrote:There is a very strong argument for this, it would mean that far fewer defenders went forward as a team would leave a goal poacher permanently in the opposition half. It would give players like Billy far more chance, my goodness even lewis would benefit from it as he has never undewrstood the rule in all the years he has "played" for us! Quick players up front would be essential.

The other one that needs looking at is the size of the goal. When this game was invented the average height of males must have been a good six inches less than it is now. Why not make the posts a foot wider and the crossbar six inches higher?

It would also benefit Pete, who i think is the Goalie in his local side, he must struggle to get in it as it is... affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! thats me in for it again.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 6 Mar - 23:59:06

Obviously a graduate of the Neville Southall school of goalkeeping! (We might as well share the blame! affraid ) :afro: lol!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 8 Mar - 4:38:09

i hope they keep the offside rule as it would benefit teams like sheff utd if it was scrapped.
just think about long ball,sheff utd defender picks the ball up in his own half and lumps it up into other teams half where henderson buries it with no defenders close to him.

not a good idea imo. Sad Sad
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 8 Mar - 6:11:48

THE BLOKES A ARSEHOLE
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 8 Mar - 12:06:32

NIGHTMARE wrote:THE BLOKES A ARSEHOLE

Agreed. Wouldn't a better idea be to go back to the way the rule was before all this "active" and "not interfering with play" nonsense? If you're offside, you're offside. Simple as that.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 8 Mar - 18:04:29

Yeah.
I wasnt here to see football back in all your days but i have to say there is far too much confusioun surrounding the sport.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 8 Mar - 20:29:28

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Yeah.
I wasnt here to see football back in all your days but i have to say there is far too much confusioun surrounding the sport.

You really know how to flatter people Jack....why do i feel really old... lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 9 Mar - 5:36:15

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Agreed. Wouldn't a better idea be to go back to the way the rule was before all this "active" and "not interfering with play" nonsense? If you're offside, you're offside. Simple as that.
I think that ones the simple logical answer Very Happy

So I've no doubt they will come up with some other hare brained, mind boggling version Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Tue 9 Mar - 6:56:16

yorkie64red wrote:

You really know how to flatter people Jack....why do i feel really old... lol! lol! lol! lol!

Well they say you just cant hide the truth.
looks like thats the problem we have here.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 10 Mar - 4:53:58

The sooner they get rid of Blatter the better, need younger blood in these positions, and the sooner the better.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 10 Mar - 20:52:45

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

Agree wholeheartedly any opposition player anywhere near the 'eyeline' of a goalie whether active or non-active is a major distraction for the keeper. This rule is an absolute joke and needs dispensing with pronto.
It's bloody ridiculous and is causing both defenses and officials a major headache. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down