The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pride of Yorkshire (sic.)

+7
MR NEGATIVE
Dan_the_Owl
KenBatesCock
yorkie64red
LEEDSUNITEDALLTHEWAY
pkt_drfc
2ellandback
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pride of Yorkshire (sic.) Empty Pride of Yorkshire (sic.)

Post by 2ellandback Wed 10 Mar - 22:20:48

I know there haven't been many Leeds fans on here, but thought I should give a viewpoint on that without all the name calling and other rubbish.

Our whole club, players (occasionally Question ), staff and especially the fans are shredding our nerves, and desparately hoping we can stagger over the line in one of the 2 top spots. It's been a bit bleak now and then since OT, but we look to be coming good again. Rolling Eyes

Just to let you know there have been plenty of threads on LeedsMad about the prospect of all the potential derbys next season. Apart from wanting Hull to get relegated, there's even been some charity about, i.e. Udders to sneak the play off spot, and Scunny to stay in the CCC. Laughing
What winds up many Leeds fans is the pure hatred in some of the posts that appear, really you wouldn't believe some of the crap that gets spouted, and the mods on LeedsMad have to use the red card regularly. If you constantly get poked with sticks you tend to develop a defence mechanism, and sometimes that is just telling folk to F**K off and leave us be. On the other hand there are many who've built up a "friendship" with some other clubs in the division. The obvious ones being Carlisle United, and Millwall. (Believe it or not.)

If disaster strikes Sad and we don't get out of Lg.1 this year the situation probably won't change. But if we make it then I reckon you'll find more Leeds fans registering for this forum. By that, I don't mean we will only come on if we have something to crow about, but at least there is going to be football on the pitch to talk about. (And probably take s**t about. Neutral )

Not everyone on the various Leeds forums will agree with me, but I think there are will be a few who will.

See you in August.

MOT Cool Cool Cool
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Pride of Yorkshire (sic.) Empty Re: Pride of Yorkshire (sic.)

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 10 Mar - 22:49:59

Welcome if you stick around you may be made a mod of the leeds section on this board as they will be looking for 1 so you can be a voice of authority so to speak Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSUNITEDALLTHEWAY Wed 10 Mar - 23:39:41

yes youtra legend mate

LEEDSUNITEDALLTHEWAY
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Mar - 0:40:23

Welcome, really hope you do stick around, there is plenty of banter on here and so long as you don't take it too seriously you will enjoy the place, remember you can post on any forums sections, welcome.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Thu 11 Mar - 0:57:47

LEEDSUNITEDALLTHEWAY wrote:yes youtra legend mate

To site mods: Get rid of this guy as soon as you can he is an utter psychopath, as well as been the most irritating poster you can imagine.
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Mar - 1:06:18

2ellandback wrote:

To site mods: Get rid of this guy as soon as you can he is an utter psychopath, as well as been the most irritating poster you can imagine.

He's not done anything yet though to warrant a Ban, have you thought of sending a Pm to Phil the site administator to ask about becoming a Mod the Leeds section could do with one.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by KenBatesCock Thu 11 Mar - 2:06:20

yorkie64red wrote:[/b]

He's not done anything yet though to warrant a Ban, have you thought of sending a Pm to Phil the site administator to ask about becoming a Mod the Leeds section could do with one.. Wink

***********CRACKPOT ALERT**************
Get Skippy off your site or you will be SOOORRRRYYYYY Shocked Shocked Shocked
KenBatesCock
KenBatesCock
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 11 Mar - 2:07:57

KenBatesCock wrote:

Are you sticking around scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch can be good fun on here just watch out for the miserable 1 Hoolahoop lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Mar - 2:09:55

KenBatesCock wrote:

I take it he has upset a few people on other boards then, like i say if you want to become a Mod for the leeds section just PM Phil, he will be pleased to make one of you one, each Mod is responsible for his own section, good to have you onboard.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by KenBatesCock Thu 11 Mar - 2:12:37

yorkie64red wrote:

I take it he has upset a few people on other boards then, like i say if you want to become a Mod for the leeds section just PM Phil, he will be pleased to make one of you one, each Mod is responsible for his own section, good to have you onboard.

I'm a bit too busy with the Terminator thing to be a mod right now but make sure you don't give the job to Skippy (he'll more than likely create several aliases and probably then ban himself anyway!!!)
KenBatesCock
KenBatesCock
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 11 Mar - 5:59:39

Fair play to you lads for signing up, welcome. Smile

And as for this Skippy...can't we at least have some fun with him before banning him? Wink
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 11 Mar - 6:14:28

Right lets give skippy a chance and if he does owt wrong then ban him but everyone deserves a chance and well done to you guys who signed up.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Mar - 6:19:45

Think you need to get Phil to change the colour of your username, can hardly see it.. Wink
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 11 Mar - 6:31:21

Yeah please as it is a bit bright and strange,can barely see it.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KenBatesCock Thu 11 Mar - 7:20:30

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Yeah please as it is a bit bright and strange,can barely see it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO you earthlings do not listen - Skippy is Bad and needs to be eradicated - if you do not follow my advice I will have to search the net and destroy what you call 'canaries'
KenBatesCock
KenBatesCock
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KenBatesCock Thu 11 Mar - 7:21:58

Dan_the_Owl wrote:Fair play to you lads for signing up, welcome. Smile

And as for this Skippy...can't we at least have some fun with him before banning him? Wink

Hello Dan !!
KenBatesCock
KenBatesCock
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KenBatesCock Thu 11 Mar - 7:25:16

KenBatesCock wrote:

Hello Dan !!

Perhaps so.......but, please, do not mention Brisbane Roar to our antipodian "aquaintance"

and certainly not Joy Division
KenBatesCock
KenBatesCock
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Thu 11 Mar - 7:34:44

MR NEGATIVE wrote:Yeah please as it is a bit bright and strange,can barely see it.

Yeah just Becks, Becchio and Snodders in our away strip !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Mar - 9:01:16

pkt_drfc wrote:

Are you sticking around scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch can be good fun on here just watch out for the miserable 1 Hoolahoop lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I'm mardy ? you should have seen your face the whole afternoon and evening at Swillsborough. Sad Sad Sad Good job we won !

Incidentally welcome to all the Leeds fans , you will find an equal amount of vitriol flying about so don't think you are being singled out all the time.
Please have a laugh , join in any threads but don't take the piss by taking it to keyboard warrior stage otherwise you will be history the same as any other poster on this site. It's great to finally see one or two sensible ones and we want to know what the ''grass roots'' supporters at Elland Rd, are making of these last couple of months. For my part I think you will get there in the end and this is just a minor blip.
Some great 'derby' games to be had next season if it all pans out as I think it will.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Fri 12 Mar - 9:23:04

For as long as I can remember we seldom do things the easy way, but hopefully our time has come. Rolling Eyes

Strange thing is that we've actually had a lot of fun in lg.1, we just didn't expect to be here for quite so long.
The level of expectation for the players and management at this club can be ridiculous at times, and what a lot of Leeds fans don't comprehend is that it finds it way onto the pitch.
This year is a typical example. Good businesslike start to the season. nice FA Cup win ( cheers cheers ) and everthing's rosy again. But it was only January.

For the last 3 seasons we've been playing teams we will rarely play again in a league fixture, and honest no bollox, they raise their game. Either cos we're in town, ot it's the 1st time they've played at ER in donkeys.

I truly, and honestly think it will be good for the CCC if Leeds come up.
We all know you like to poke us with sticks when we're down, but wouldn't you rather be playing, and beating us ?

You don't need to answer that. Wink
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Mar - 9:33:45

2ellandback wrote:For as long as I can remember we seldom do things the easy way, but hopefully our time has come. Rolling Eyes

Strange thing is that we've actually had a lot of fun in lg.1, we just didn't expect to be here for quite so long.
The level of expectation for the players and management at this club can be ridiculous at times, and what a lot of Leeds fans don't comprehend is that it finds it way onto the pitch.
This year is a typical example. Good businesslike start to the season. nice FA Cup win ( cheers cheers ) and everthing's rosy again. But it was only January.

For the last 3 seasons we've been playing teams we will rarely play again in a league fixture, and honest no bollox, they raise their game. Either cos we're in town, ot it's the 1st time they've played at ER in donkeys.

I truly, and honestly think it will be good for the CCC if Leeds come up.
We all know you like to poke us with sticks when we're down, but wouldn't you rather be playing, and beating us ?

You don't need to answer that. Wink

Folk have been poking us with sticks for 50 years so know what you've been going through. The hype at the club must filter down to the pitch and the strains on Grayson and the team must be immense but I do hope you get through it and we can get those 'derby' games on again. I think current history is 2-1 to us Laughing Laughing
This will become a predominantly Yorkshire league and can only benefit ALL clubs financially, next season will be superb but could do with Dull coming down and (I know you won't like the idea!) Udders coming up with you but they seem to be losing their way.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ellandback Fri 12 Mar - 9:41:12

hoolahoop wrote:....could do with Dull coming down and (I know you won't like the idea!) Udders coming up with you but they seem to be losing their way.

Actually, Udders could be the perfect play-off winners cos they've got a sort of "cup" mentality.
(concede 2 but score 4.)

Decent side, they can come along so long as we go up in the autos. Very Happy
2ellandback
2ellandback
Leeds Utd Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 13 Mar - 8:38:15

2ellandback wrote:

Actually, Udders could be the perfect play-off winners cos they've got a sort of "cup" mentality.
(concede 2 but score 4.)

Decent side, they can come along so long as we go up in the autos. Very Happy

I agree with your assessment of Udders, it would be great to see the CCC with us all in it , nearly every game will have a 'derby type' significance, full houses everywhere and plenty of .....................banter. Loverley. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by shawcross blue Mon 15 Mar - 21:37:19

Huddersfield are blowing up im afraid! we are in the midst of a dodgy blip, at the worst possible time.Just read on another board that we are trying to sign Steve Howard from Leicester.Hope that comes off,he could be just what we need to kick start our season.
shawcross blue
shawcross blue
Huddersfield Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 16 Mar - 1:51:44

Class forum...Respect to the lad who set it up

YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE

MOT
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next