The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buxton and Purse...

5 posters

Go down

Buxton and Purse... Empty Buxton and Purse...

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 22 Sep - 3:48:05

Get rid Mr Laws.

Buxton gets whipped by whoever is down that wing, my 4 year old neice could do him for pace.

Purse. What can i say. Supposed to be a Nemanja Vidic lookalike. Plays like a Donkey.

Bring in a loan please Laws, im begging you, or else we will be in big trouble.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Buxton and Purse... Empty Re: Buxton and Purse...

Post by The Wednesday Tue 22 Sep - 21:46:14

Laws brought Purse in to offer experience and quality to our back four.

Well unfortunately he has failed miserably in that attempt. Purse only has experience of poor defending, I looked at a WBA site the other day and some of their fans said he has actually got worse, others found it difficult to believe he could actually get worse, he was that poor when he played for them. Surely the fact that Purse was released by Cardiff should have given Laws an insight into his abilities.

Richard Hinds must be going crazy about the fact that he has lost his place to that 'Donkey' (very accurate comparison).

As for Buxton, we have to believe there is something still seriously wrong with Simek for Laws to persist with him.

Surely one of the bigger premiership clubs has a young enthusiastic player looking to gain experience, and they would be willing to loan him to us and still pay his wages as we will be developing their player.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 23 Sep - 20:59:41

While I can't disagree with the consensus that Buxton has been poor, there seems to be an increasingly busy bandwagon that's happy to make him our new whipping boy, and I won't be getting on it. The guy is not playing his preferred position, and his recent struggles are not down to lack of effort. We saw at Port Vale that Simek just isn't ready. But yes, we do need him back sooner rather than later, and if that's not going to happen, then a loan deal needs to be considered.

Purse has been shocking. Although Wood seems to have improved somewhat playing next to him, it's not enough to keep his place for me, and I'd be happy for either Hinds or Beevers to return to the first team.

The entire back 4 needs to improve in truth, our defending of deep crosses or corners has been very poor thus far.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by superowl3 Mon 5 Oct - 3:15:25

theres no two ways about it both darren purse and lewis buxton have got to be dropped before they do any more damage. Crying or Very sad
superowl3
superowl3
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 5 Oct - 6:15:06

superowl3 wrote:theres no two ways about it both darren purse and lewis buxton have got to be dropped before they do any more damage. Crying or Very sad

Listening to Laws on RS after the Derby game it sounds like Purse will certainly be dropped, and thank god for that.

I don't think we should drop Buxton just yet as two changes to the back four doesn't seem sensible, maybe after a few more games.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superowl3 Tue 6 Oct - 1:19:07

its just a crying shame that we cant get frankie simek back quickly enough.
superowl3
superowl3
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Tue 6 Oct - 4:00:49

I can't see the harm in bringing Hinds and Beevers back either, but anyhow it is getting out of hand now, and its not just teething problems for Purse.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 6 Oct - 8:14:32

Shem_Swfc wrote:I can't see the harm in bringing Hinds and Beevers back either, but anyhow it is getting out of hand now, and its not just teething problems for Purse.

Laws would be mad to change both wouldn't he ? It would change the whole shape of the team and cause disruption that I would think you can ill afford on the back of that defeat.
O'Driscoll did something similar during a game we were playing and my God was it a fook up from there on in!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superowl3 Tue 13 Oct - 3:54:02

hoolahoop wrote:
Shem_Swfc wrote:I can't see the harm in bringing Hinds and Beevers back either, but anyhow it is getting out of hand now, and its not just teething problems for Purse.
how much longer do we have to wait before action is finally taken?

Laws would be mad to change both wouldn't he ? It would change the whole shape of the team and cause disruption that I would think you can ill afford on the back of that defeat.
O'Driscoll did something similar during a game we were playing and my God was it a fook up from there on in!
superowl3
superowl3
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 15 Oct - 0:08:54

superowl3 wrote: how much longer do we have to wait before action is finally taken?

Watching Purse's interview on Wednesday Player he looked very unhappy. Hopefully he knows something we don't about his place in the team on saturday.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down